Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool - Celebrities (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool (81952 Views)

Davido Kneels Down To Propose To Chioma (Photos + Video) / Mr Ibu Kneels Down As Babangida Prays For Him On His 57th Birthday (pics, Video) / Tiwa Savage Kneels Down To Greet Sir Shina Peters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Exodora: 9:19am On Feb 21, 2020
[quote author=haywire07 post=86818048]Everyone is entitled to his own opinion whether it's a good or stupid opinion.
Infact, An Igbo man does not kneel down for anyone except his chi

However, what I can't stomach is having to enforce your opinion using insults.
But how shall we tell an elderly person that his mouth stinks? [quote]

Respect is how they keep us at a distance so we don't remind them of the unpleasant truth.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Ladycewhy(f): 9:21am On Feb 21, 2020
Spectrum22:

By your argument, if your grandfather who also might be old fashioned like Edoche make comments you deem insulting will you respond in this manner? I want to believe you won't.
Granted, we are in a generation where good morals is scorned but I tell you can't justify deliberately insulting a renowned ederly man.
my grandfather was not uncouth knew when to respect himself. Unfortunately he is no longer alive. Edochie didn't just make a statement he added insults and called people fools and idiots now whoever deciedes to insult him back he should take it like that,grey hair is not an avenue to be uncouth.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Fisher007: 9:24am On Feb 21, 2020
eni4real:
You get time!!!

Why are you wasting your knowledge on shallow girls!!!

Save your knowledge for someone that will appreciate it!!!

Your point is valid sha.

But at times you need to let her type know that we are not shallow, egocentric, selfish, self-centred, attention seeking, emotionally dumb weak and sick minded like them.

It is just the truth.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by cutieme(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2020
xendra:
please apart from dick and money, what other impact does a man add to a woman's life?

asking for a friend

so many mentions yet not 1 thing, guess that's all y'all have afterall, but you want a woman to be everything including a mother, househelp, maid, prostitute, manager and nanny for you. SMH
Children
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 21, 2020
Pete Edochie's motion seconded.

Henceforth and heretofore, such shall the 3rd party of the latter named be known by the appellation for which the first party hath named them.

I no be lawyer o. Lawyers in the house, please help with the legal form of the motion.

But jokes apart, I hope that the fool who invented this habit of kneeling to propose is getting jabbed up the anal cavity with a very sharp pitchfork sha. That would be my only consolation.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by dumininu01(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2020
xendra:
please apart from dick and money, what other impact does a man add to a woman's life?

asking for a friend

so many mentions yet not 1 thing, guess that's all y'all have afterall, but you want a woman to be everything including a mother, househelp, maid, prostitute, manager and nanny for you. SMH
haba grin

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Lovexme(m): 9:32am On Feb 21, 2020
But really, who came up with this kneeling before a woman to propose thing? It surely couldn't have been from an African.

I see why he said it's not part of our culture seeing as we Africans, and Nigerians especially, tend to imitate the western way of life.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by decatalyst(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2020
Khaleell001:

And has your kneeling made your marriage better than these men?

You guys of this generation are clearly emasculated.
It's simple.

None! More reason why you need to be emancipated from your prejudice!
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Coolcalmcollect(m): 9:40am On Feb 21, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Where in the Bible did the man stand? All the men that stood, did they become providers, guarantors etc? Be realistic.
my friend kneel if you want....infact yoy can even bow and lick her feet to propose.... that's your wahala, but a normal man with two functioning balls and a stable brain should never kneel to a woman to ask for something. a king will never kneel to his queen....its nonsense, it has no scientific backing of been romantic neither dos it show sign of humility.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by decatalyst(m): 9:42am On Feb 21, 2020
hensben:
You and the 27 people that liked your post are bereft of wisdom because most of you are mistaking modernization to be culture. Culture or tradition is a way of life of different races, tribes, etc, that is unchanged, whereas modernization is a movement and it evolve over time.

Pocket your modernization! With your type, we are far away from any meaningful achievement as a country.

What has kneeling or standing got to do with a happy home.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2020
obembet:
Apart from small dick and money and many of them are lazy o, what other impact does a man add to a woman's life?
aaahh Obembet, don't join all these feminists on Nairaland oooo.....they will lead you astray.....I know some men lie and cheat but men still have their good points....
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Norabay(f): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2020
Pete
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by decatalyst(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2020
Butoneday2:
you are doomed. You're far far behind

You and your family are doomed!

Because they raised an uncouth fool like you!
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by hensben(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2020
decatalyst:

Pocket your modernization! With your type, we are far away from any meaningful achievement as a country.

What has kneeling or standing got to do with a happy home.
So only those that knelt down to propose to their wife that have a happy home. I’m in total support of modernization because it is a movement and an evolution. Culture is culture, no need of borrowing another races culture and disregard yours, if you do it mental slavery.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Dottore: 9:49am On Feb 21, 2020
Makavelli25:

Dumb ass idi¡ot,observing and counting are two different things.
low lives are quick to lash out mouthy abuses. dont worry i will employ you when you are done.
your future insults are dedicated to your entire family and unborn generations.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:49am On Feb 21, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
I do not agree Pete Edochie on this. Obembet my NL crush, Am planning a surprise proposal for you. Am gonna kneel down infront of my friends and your friends.....
Hope you will say YES?
iCauseTrouble no cause trouble between me and Obembet oooo....you want to hijack my plans abi? Nairaland is big enough, find somebody else....a word is good enough for the wise. Be careful cool
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Barzinime(m): 9:52am On Feb 21, 2020
When divorce happens, who gets to inherit all the property built by the man?
Woman have taken over marriages over there.
I have always said this, i will never kneel down to propose to any girl.
Nonsense.
Rapmoney:
This should be a drama rehearsal but if it is real, I think I'd have to disagree strongly. I mean, his reason is crappy!

What about men who do it in Europe, America (both north and south), Asia and Australia? Have their wives taken over the family?

Chai!!! Papa Yul, you fall my legs for this one.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Plumville: 9:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Abeg I don’t understand you again. So if one kneels and proposes he is a pant and bra washer. What is even wrong in washing pant and bra of a loved one if need be. Oga collect several seats
lookingfly:
pant and bra washer sited!!!

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Chibudollar: 9:58am On Feb 21, 2020
Urgent question please, when someone is denied a visa to a particular country can you reapply to another country or are you expected to wait six months? Thanks for your replies
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by xendra: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2020
Inspectorsuga22:

Fo0l...I pity the idi0t that will marry u. At least ur dump skull accepted the money part which most of u can only get by opening ur legs for as low as 500naira par round... Mshteww
hahahaha y are you so bitter and sad? na your mama you dey think about??
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Palehair: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2020
haywire07:
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion whether it's a good or stupid opinion.
Infact, An Igbo man does not kneel down for anyone except his chi

However, what I can't stomach is having to enforce your opinion using insults.
But how shall we tell an elderly person that his mouth stinks?

I must agree with Pete Edochie—who meticulously played the role of Okonkwo— that, things have indeed fallen apart
Exactly, this was all great when he tried to use his tradition to justify it back then but now he's just sounding bitter. Let people whatever the Bleep they want

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by lexy2014: 10:04am On Feb 21, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Let me increase the volume so the 'men' on this forum will hear it.

Pls see what diick and money can cause

https://www.nairaland.com/5697846/midnight-fire-kills-3-kids
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by OBku4(m): 10:04am On Feb 21, 2020
cheesy
Sorry. In the next life try to come in as a man! kiss
xendra:

asking for a friend

Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by lexy2014: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2020
xendra:

asking for a friend

Pls see what love for diick and money can cause
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by OBku4(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2020
Petersamuel8:
I seriously concur with him, but I don't think standing up to propose to a lady is romantic
I don talk am, for me, my baby go sit on my lap while I propose. my knee doesn't kneel 4 nobody but God and my elders
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by hensben(m): 10:08am On Feb 21, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
The African man and his stupidd ego! Pete Edochie, a Nigerian yeyebrity actor has no right insulting white men, or insulting men who kneel to propose. Marriage happens once in a lifetime, so what's the big deal when a man kneels? This old man who has contributed nothing to humanityy, apart from his stupid proverbs has the guts to insult the white race, forgetting that the whites are the ones who impacted the universe, making so many inventions, including the medium through which he is throwing this insult.
Invention, modernization have nothing to do with culture( a way of life of different races and tribes). Should we now abandone our culture/tradition simply because the whites invented television, plane....
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by OBku4(m): 10:09am On Feb 21, 2020
tiana29:
Igbo men and pride
Gbam!
That's why U love us! kiss
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:10am On Feb 21, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

See this one, look at u

i did not coment on that thread that day if not i would hav searched it for u.

Even for once i did not know he's a man until he was BURSTED.

The person that revealed this even showed us the screenshots of his Facebook account

Oga shes a man oo

maybe u should ask pocohantas
pls I am also interested in this gist. can you tell me the Facebook name so that I can make my own findings? I would really appreciate it, thanks
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by hensben(m): 10:12am On Feb 21, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
.......and what is the deaddd-brained black man who whines about irrelevant things waiting for? The black man should also make inventions to counter the white man's weapons of destruction, if the black man cannot achieve such, then he should learn to shut up.
All the houses in your area in Nigeria was it a white man or women that built them. Black men are doing a lot too when it comes to invention, it is bad leadership that is restricting an African man.
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by Raalsalghul: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2020
pocohantas:
You can’t kneel to propose,

But you will bow to lick toto like say bounty and snickers dey there.

Brother wey mumu.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:13am On Feb 21, 2020
Wether you like it or not, technology/inventions have a way of influencing/interferring with cultures. Culture my foot, the black man made so many foolish cultures in the past, luckily the white man gave him some sense to see that he the black man was a fooool. Killing of twins, widows drinking water used in washing their dead husbands corpse, etc. Black men should simply shutt up and stop insulting the white folks.
hensben:
Invention, modernization have nothing to do with culture( a way of life of different races and tribes). Should we now abandone our culture/tradition simply because the whites invented television, plane....
Re: Pete Edochie: Any Man Who Kneels Down To Propose To A Girl Is A Fool by OBku4(m): 10:15am On Feb 21, 2020
Kiddllc:
Well i don't believe in kneeling to propose but i also don't believe in forcing ur opinions / beliefs on people. We are made differently & that's the beauty of life. Pete Edochie is just an actor nollywood at that. Idgaf about his beliefs undecided
Oga, it is not someone's opinion... It is the Igbo (Anambra to be precise) man's culture!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

“I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience / Princess Shyngle Loses Her Pregnancy / Williams Uchemba's Groomsmen: AY, Peter Okoye, Banky W, Falz Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.