Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew (113160 Views)

7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Born Into Rich Families (photos) / Plastic Surgery: 7 Nigerian Female Celebrities Accused Of Going Under The Knife / 7 Nigerian Big Boys That Are Richer Than Hushpuppi, Yet Very Humble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Jarus(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2020
leksite120:
No , maybe its your state, indigenous Oyo ,Osun , Ogun, kwara and Lagos have more Muslims, I can't say the percentage though, Ogun should be like half/half if Muslims are not more though , kwara has more Muslims, I haven't seen indigenous Ilorin Christian, even if there's, it wil be a convertee,.. Only Ondo and Ekiti have more Christian than Muslims

Largely true, but not entirely.

Christians dominate the Ife-Ijesha axis of Osun. It is only Ede/Iwo axis that clearly has majority Muslim. Osogbo/Ikirun axis also appears to be 50/50. Over all, Osun appears to be 50-50.

Similar pattern in Oyo, although Ibadan has a very huge Muslim population.

Ogun also has similar pattern of 50-50 with large Muslim population in Ijebuland and Abeokuta. I suspect Christians will be slightly more in Ogun.

Yes, indigenous Lagosians are mostly Muslims - Lagos Island, Epe. But Lagos being a cosmopolitan city, has many Christians, mostly non-indigenes.

Ekiti looks like 80% Christian, or more. Ondo too has clear Christian majority.

I'm from Kwara South and from my part of Kwara South, Muslim-Christian ratio is, to be most conservative, least 75-25. S

Just my view from what I know of these states, not official stats.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by jimyjames(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2020
anonimi:

You know because you are a witch or how did you know?

My friend you haven't denied it with facts yourself, as long as you can't deny that Yoruba Muslims are the majority in south west with facts , anything goes
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by lavenjcrown(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2020
thats a lie big fat lie
fk002:

That's true I have to agree with you.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Splendor27: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2020
veekid:
WizKid should be number one, man's a Muslim
have you ever see wizkid going to mosque or praying in Islam before now..
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by tartar9(m): 10:21am On Feb 21, 2020
senatepresido:

It becomes news because people are actually happy that these set of Muslims from this part of the country are not Terrorists, Bandits or Kidnappers because that's what an average Muslim is known for, but not so with the Yoruba Muslims
Happy for what? Becoming the Naira Maleys
Quit being silly,creating useless points.Do you know what is meant by average undecided
If an average Muslim was any of those,you'd have been long dead
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:22am On Feb 21, 2020
and finally Muhamadu Buhari

Buhari is a Nigerian celebrity who loves traveling alot
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Sedonxavi: 10:22am On Feb 21, 2020
leksite120:
No , maybe its your state, indigenous Oyo ,Osun , Ogun, kwara and Lagos have more Muslims, I can't say the percentage though, Ogun should be like half/half if Muslims are not more though , kwara has more Muslims, I haven't seen indigenous Ilorin Christian, even if there's, it wil be a convertee,.. Only Ondo and Ekiti have more Christian than Muslims
I agree with your opinion. I am from osun state and I know facts about it. Osun west and central is predominantly 70% Muslim each while osun east (ife/ijesha) is made up of 80% Christian. Based on this a Christian will hardly win governorship election in osun. If u have contrary opinion let us hear from you

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by farem: 10:23am On Feb 21, 2020
DCmonster:
WizKid isn't a Muslim. His father is a Muslim and his mother a Christian.
Then who is he?

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by mordred44: 10:23am On Feb 21, 2020
wurld is also a muslim
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Powersurge: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
80% of Yoruba Population from Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos and Kwara are Muslim. The remaining 20% either converted to Christian or their parents or grandparents converted to Christian or thier lineage could be traced to Ondo or Ekiti state.

You just come online and type trash. 80%? Nawa oo. The idiot even added Ondo abd Ekiti.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by IJOBA2: 10:25am On Feb 21, 2020
ajokebelle:

How did you arrive at your statistics.
It's not only 80%, it's 120%.
Better stop giving people wrong info.
CAN YOU GIVE US THE ACCURATE INFO ABOUT THE PERCENTAGE OF CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS POPULATION IN YORUBA LAND
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Makefav(m): 10:26am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
80% of Yoruba Population from Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos and Kwara are Muslim. The remaining 20% either converted to Christian or their parents or grandparents converted to Christian or thier lineage could be traced to Ondo or Ekiti state.
Some people with cockroach brain analysis, yoruba states 80% are Muslim/20 % Christians
No perfect school of thought, brainless imagination, they hides under religious to paralyzed Nigerian development & growth, they destroyed Nigeria economy by religion, in every things they try to make some baseless & foolish points out of religion by awarding percentage, failed leaders they deceived us with different approach, some to them Christians have higher numbers, Muslims have the largest percentage, to some tribes, to some region/zones, to some mosques/ churches affiliation, to some families, to believes, when American called us Black, they are not simply talking about our colours
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Sedonxavi: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2020
mignone:

God bless u for this.
I remember in d late 80s&early 90s, we hardly had 2 muslims in my classes of an average of 30 pupils
your wrong for that is because the people that brought western education to the sw are Christian and Muslim then prefer to attend Islamic school. So don't concluded because of number of Muslim students in class
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by kabuski(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2020
Emodeee:
It is only saka that is surprising. The others are predictable.
saka should not be a surprise to you, mind you his name is Hafeez Oyetoro..

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by ugladys: 10:29am On Feb 21, 2020
arrant nonsense
richesbhc:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Akanoaaa(m): 10:31am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:

Says by who? Arindin ni e. I don't know about other state but osun, do more research and in Lagos state, only Redeemers lasan will give you good figure.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:32am On Feb 21, 2020
maestroferddi:
There are by far more Christians in Yorubaland than Muslims.

It is just that the Muslims appear more vocal...
Nor mind them. Ignoramuses.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Lakuje4power(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
Your statistics is not true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Akanoaaa(m): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2020
veekid:
WizKid should be number one, man's a Muslim

The guy is a Redeemer, his mum is an evangelist. Although, he was once Ibrahim and he started his career in a Church.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by dalass(f): 10:35am On Feb 21, 2020
Add Bob risky grin grin grin
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Lakuje4power(m): 10:36am On Feb 21, 2020
Sedonxavi:
I agree with your opinion. I am from osun state and I know facts about it. Osun west and central is predominantly 70% Muslim each while osun east (ife/ijesha) is made up of 80% Christian. Based on this a Christian will hardly win governorship election in osun. If u have contrary opinion let us hear from you
Your assertion is wrong.
Oyinlola proves you wrong.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by TinyHacker: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2020
DaFlash:
Yes We can will call it love and unity
But the real thing among them is their perfection in logics and reasoning.

That why you it takes time to piss off a Yoruba person because he/she will think deep of the consequence of its reversal actions and even when retaliation comes it is always big.

Those that don't understand this act of reasoning among them take it for cowardance but at the end always end up as the biggest losers.

That why it is hard to find a Yoruba loser and the peace among them is natural.
swerve with that rubbish jor, yoruba or no yoruba, someone that is stupid is stupid, somebody that is a loser is a loser
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by MisterGrace: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:

All these boys.
grin What sort of upside-down stat is this?

Don't tell this lie anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Akanoaaa(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2020
Kcitytv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1T49zOwmD4

Nigerian entertainment industry is a multicultural hub, which incorporates
artistes, actors, among others, from various cultural and religious backgrounds.

Today we are going to be talking about Top 7 Nigerian Celebrities, Actors & Musicians Who Are Muslims.

1. Sound Sultan
Sound Sultan is a prominent Nigerian celebrity who is a Muslim.

2. Reminisce
Reminisce is a rapper who goes by the name Abdulkhalid Remilekun Shafaru

3.Femi Adebayo
Femi Adebayo is a top Nigerian actor and filmmaker, who is better known for his exploits in the Yoruba movie scene.

4. Wasiu Alabi Pasuma, also known as "Oganla", is a Nigerian film actor and Fuji musician.

5 CDQ
CDQ, is a Nigerian indigenous hip-hop rapper and songwriter

6 Hafiz Oyetoro Saka
Popular Nollywood comic act, Afeez Oyetoro, who is fondly called Saka

7. Naira Marley, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter.

Sound Sultan full name is Olanrewaju Fasasi and he was born in Jos, Plateau State but his parents are from ogbomosho in Oyo state
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by AerialMapper: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2020
7 Nigerian Celebrities who are MURIC Muslims aka Yoruba Muslims aka Muslims that drink alcohol
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by mu2sa2: 10:48am On Feb 21, 2020
dignity33:
Yoruba people combine religion with politics, when a Christian rule they become christian when Muslims they turn to Muslims, Yoruba don't belong to any religion they switched in and out in order to be favour.
Very true! That's how segun mimiko ported to Christianity for political reason: Faced with the reality of losing the Ondo governorship election on a muslim- muslim ticket, he strategically dumped islam. That's typical yoruba for you on porting from islam to christianity and vice versa. It's also very common with women following wedding.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Bimpe29: 10:49am On Feb 21, 2020
Nairamarly is a disgrace not only to Yoruba but Muslims.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Ibcrown(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2020
GOFRONT:
How about IBRAHIM BALOGUN......What is his stage name again sef??
wizzy
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Bimpe29: 10:53am On Feb 21, 2020
I guess you are either from Oro, Ajase Ipo or Offa.
Jarus:

Largely true, but not entirely.

Christians dominate the Ife-Ijesha axis of Osun. It is only Ede/Iwo axis that clearly has majority Muslim. Osogbo/Ikirun axis also appears to be 50/50. Over all, Osun appears to be 50-50.

Similar pattern in Oyo, although Ibadan has a very huge Muslim population.

Ogun also has similar pattern of 50-50 with large Muslim population in Ijebuland and Abeokuta. I suspect Christians will be slightly more in Ogun.

Yes, indigenous Lagosians are mostly Muslims - Lagos Island, Epe. But Lagos being a cosmopolitan city, has many Christians, mostly non-indigenes.

Ekiti looks like 80% Christian, or more. Ondo too has clear Christian majority.

I'm from Kwara South and from my part of Kwara South, Muslim-Christian ratio is, to be most conservative, least 75-25. S

Just my view from what I know of these states, not official stats.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Turantula(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2020
pseudaria:

We are still waiting for the retaliation of Afonja in Ilorin or your people have accepted domination by the fulanis, I mean it's been close to 200yrs, the retaliation is taking too long
Why you want cast my man

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by DonroxyII: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
leksite120:
Ilorin is not equals to Kwara ... Also, Kwara has more muslims with larger concentration in Kwara North (Nupe majorly, Baruteen are mix) and Kwara Central (Ilorin emirate). in Kwara south, I think it is more Christians since Igbomina/Ekiti are Mostly Xtians while Offa is also mixed!!

cc
Sir Jarus, That 75:25 view of yours for Kwara south though ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Omashola's AMVCA 2020 Skull Dress Against Coronavirus Got People Talking (photos / Leo Edochie: Yul Edochie Shows Off His First Elder Brother - Check Picture / Nneka Miriam Onwuzuligbo Dies During Buttocks Enlargement Surgery By Dr. Anu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.