Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew (113261 Views)

7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Born Into Rich Families (photos) / Plastic Surgery: 7 Nigerian Female Celebrities Accused Of Going Under The Knife / 7 Nigerian Big Boys That Are Richer Than Hushpuppi, Yet Very Humble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by swtdrms(m): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2020
ZiggyMr:

Fatoyinibo nko

Which state is he from? If he's the states mentioned, background check will still point to that fact. States that do not have adequate number of muslims from the are beginning are basically Ondo & Ekiti plus the Ijesha/Ife axis of Osun State
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by mfm04622: 11:13am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
80% of Yoruba Population from Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos and Kwara are Muslim. The remaining 20% either converted to Christian or their parents or grandparents converted to Christian or thier lineage could be traced to Ondo or Ekiti state.

I agree with you about Kwara, Oyo and Osun. Your assertion is not true about Lagos and Ogun. Lagos should be 50/50, while Ogun should be 60/40 for Muslims
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by swtdrms(m): 11:13am On Feb 21, 2020
ajokebelle:

Being a yoruba and living in the south west is enough for me to know that saying yorubas from the states he mentioned are 80% Muslim is unbelievable and silly.
I can't give people wrong fact.

So what figure is more accurate in your opinion? But the fact remains that Muslim in South Western part of the States mentioned are the majority
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Jarus(m): 11:14am On Feb 21, 2020
DonroxyII:
Ilorin is not equals to Kwara ... Also, Kwara has more muslims with larger concentration in Kwara North (Nupe majorly, Baruteen are mix) and Kwara Central (Ilorin emirate). in Kwara south, I think it is more Christians since Igbomina/Ekiti are Mostly Xtians while Offa is also mixed!!

cc
Sir Jarus, That 75:25 view of yours for Kwara south though ....

Read my message well. I said my part of Kwara South. I'm from Offa. Offa is at least 75% Muslim.

Offa is also the largest town in Kwara South. I know Igbomina axis of Kwara South has probably more Christians but places like Ajase, Igbaja, Omupo etc in Igbominaland have large Muslim population.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by swtdrms(m): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2020
anonimi:

Fact cannot go together withe personal view please.
What fact is there to counter in the first personal view that he quoted? What exactly is factual there?

When you counter an opinion with facts, what is left of that opinion? It's torn apart, You come up with fact to tear it apart
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by dejiolaniyan(m): 11:18am On Feb 21, 2020
Chibudollar:
Urgent question please, when someone is denied a visa to a particular country can you reapply to another country or are you expected to wait six months? Thanks for your replies
I did advice you rather create a thread for this your question to atleast hear the views from maybe someone already in the system as they might not be chanced to read comments up to here
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Jarus(m): 11:18am On Feb 21, 2020
Kcitytv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1T49zOwmD4

Nigerian entertainment industry is a multicultural hub, which incorporates
artistes, actors, among others, from various cultural and religious backgrounds.

Today we are going to be talking about Top 7 Nigerian Celebrities, Actors & Musicians Who Are Muslims.

1. Sound Sultan
Sound Sultan is a prominent Nigerian celebrity who is a Muslim.

2. Reminisce
Reminisce is a rapper who goes by the name Abdulkhalid Remilekun Shafaru

3.Femi Adebayo
Femi Adebayo is a top Nigerian actor and filmmaker, who is better known for his exploits in the Yoruba movie scene.

4. Wasiu Alabi Pasuma, also known as "Oganla", is a Nigerian film actor and Fuji musician.

5 CDQ
CDQ, is a Nigerian indigenous hip-hop rapper and songwriter

6 Hafiz Oyetoro Saka
Popular Nollywood comic act, Afeez Oyetoro, who is fondly called Saka

7. Naira Marley, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter.

Musician small doctor.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by osazuwa23: 11:20am On Feb 21, 2020
Arnt yoruba also celestial as well i know yoruba who was cele does that fall into christinity or that more of a tradional african relgion
Kcitytv:

Fynestboi, MissyB3
Pls We need clear fact for on these percent
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by jagorinho: 11:22am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
80% of Yoruba Population from Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos and Kwara are Muslim. The remaining 20% either converted to Christian or their parents or grandparents converted to Christian or thier lineage could be traced to Ondo or Ekiti state.
someone that stays in a hut in ekwulobia with a java phone held tightly with rubber band talking, Yoruba's are not religious extremists, if you watch Yoruba films well, you will understand, an average Yoruba man can switch between the 3 religions seamlessly, so far his problems would be solved. my Fulani friend told me that the Hausa's/ Fulani have religion placed on the head,so if they run it falls on the shoulder but the Yoruba man places religion on the shoulder, so if he runs,if falls on the ground.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by mignone(f): 11:22am On Feb 21, 2020
Sedonxavi:
your wrong for that is because the people that brought western education to the sw are Christian and Muslim then prefer to attend Islamic school. So don't concluded because of number of Muslim students in class

Wow! Though u're entitled to ur opinion, yet it's wrong to disseminate false info...

... so back to ur point:
-Mine was a secular school
-how many muslim schools were there then sir?there were only 2 muslim sec schs&maybe no pry in d town I lived in
-Why do muslims still attend secular&even Christian schools these days that there're supposed to be more muslim schools?
- means there weren't many muslims then or they weren't attending schools
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by osazuwa23: 11:23am On Feb 21, 2020
Dude has a point the guy didnt even factor in that yoruba are also celestial but can someone tell me what that triangle eye that celestial uses as there slogan. I only know the bad aspect which is illuminati aspect.
swtdrms:

So what figure is more accurate in your opinion? But the fact remains that Muslim in South Western part of the States mentioned are the majority
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by slimbowwow(m): 11:25am On Feb 21, 2020
DaFlash:
Fun fact
There are no Muslims, Christians, or tradtional worshipers in yorubaland

The only religion is being a Yoruba

Thats why a Yoruba can practice all religion without breaking a sweat.
They have all ready understood from ages that religion is the opium of the masses
Now that is what we call sophistication

Education has relegated religion bigotry to the background.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by qtx(m): 11:26am On Feb 21, 2020
Kcitytv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1T49zOwmD4

Nigerian entertainment industry is a multicultural hub, which incorporates
artistes, actors, among others, from various cultural and religious backgrounds.

Today we are going to be talking about Top 7 Nigerian Celebrities, Actors & Musicians Who Are Muslims.

1. Sound Sultan
Sound Sultan is a prominent Nigerian celebrity who is a Muslim.

2. Reminisce
Reminisce is a rapper who goes by the name Abdulkhalid Remilekun Shafaru

3.Femi Adebayo
Femi Adebayo is a top Nigerian actor and filmmaker, who is better known for his exploits in the Yoruba movie scene.

4. Wasiu Alabi Pasuma, also known as "Oganla", is a Nigerian film actor and Fuji musician.

5 CDQ
CDQ, is a Nigerian indigenous hip-hop rapper and songwriter

6 Hafiz Oyetoro Saka
Popular Nollywood comic act, Afeez Oyetoro, who is fondly called Saka

7. Naira Marley, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter.
Are you surprised? Are they not yorubas?
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Vatod(m): 11:27am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
No sir, only Oshogbo and Ede axis are more of Muslims and Ilesha, Ikire and Ife axis are more of Christians, the same thing applicable to Oyo and Ogun but Kwara is Muslim dominated, but most of the Christians and Muslim have there traditional worship running in veins they will rather go to church and mosque in the morning and return to there shrine later in the day
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by osazuwa23: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2020
The bigegst curse placed on the black race is religion once you cure that disease you get a more functional set of people
Makefav:

Some people with cockroach brain analysis, yoruba states 80% are Muslim/20 % Christians
No perfect school of thought, brainless imagination, they hides under religious to paralyzed Nigerian development & growth, they destroyed Nigeria economy by religion, in every things they try to make some baseless & foolish points out of religion by awarding percentage, failed leaders they deceived us with different approach, some to them Christians have higher numbers, Muslims have the largest percentage, to some tribes, to some region/zones, to some mosques/ churches affiliation, to some families, to believes, when American called us Black, they are not simply talking about our colours
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by mignone(f): 11:33am On Feb 21, 2020
Vatod:

No sir, only Oshogbo and Ede axis are more of Muslims and Ilesha, Ikire and Ife axis are more of Christians, the same thing applicable to Oyo and Ogun but Kwara is Muslim dominated, but most of the Christians and Muslim have there traditional worship running in veins they will rather go to church and mosque in the morning and return to there shrine later in the day
Thanks so much, u're really in the know. Iwo town is muslim dominated too.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Abagworo(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2020
Naira Marley is the least expected.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by swtdrms(m): 11:35am On Feb 21, 2020
osazuwa23:
Dude has a point the guy didnt even factor in that yoruba are also celestial but can someone tell me what that triangle eye that celestial uses as there slogan. I only know the bad aspect which is illuminati aspect.

The guy had already counted celestial to be part of the larger christian family. As gor the triangle, i don't know anything ooo. You can do a further research on it
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by omosuper(m): 11:35am On Feb 21, 2020
Jarus:

Largely true, but not entirely.

Christians dominate the Ife-Ijesha axis of Osun. It is only Ede/Iwo axis that clearly has majority Muslim. Osogbo/Ikirun axis also appears to be 50/50. Over all, Osun appears to be 50-50.

Similar pattern in Oyo, although Ibadan has a very huge Muslim population.

Ogun also has similar pattern of 50-50 with large Muslim population in Ijebuland and Abeokuta. I suspect Christians will be slightly more in Ogun.

Yes, indigenous Lagosians are mostly Muslims - Lagos Island, Epe. But Lagos being a cosmopolitan city, has many Christians, mostly non-indigenes.

Ekiti looks like 80% Christian, or more. Ondo too has clear Christian majority.

I'm from Kwara South and from my part of Kwara South, Muslim-Christian ratio is, to be most conservative, least 75-25. S

Just my view from what I know of these states, not official stats.

You're right bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by anonimi: 11:35am On Feb 21, 2020
jimyjames:
My friend you haven't denied it with facts yourself, as long as you can't deny that Yoruba Muslims are the majority in south west with facts , anything goes

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11085702_828915382156738161345img20181115180434jpeg5c61f44fd345ad33af7d470b0ff8fcb3jpeg938db5d5a5478a5f6d08595abecd83b4jpeg4e42d6a5feb931aca22193ab2411ef15_jpeg0cf2c7056f0c57effd88e6f1979b56cd

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Yabariki: 11:36am On Feb 21, 2020
When it comes to religion, I don't know why we Nigerians are quick to taking sides.
And when you look at it chronologically, it has never bring about a balanced understanding between the two.
More over, we don't even know how to practice the said religion, because all these are never thought by any religion.
ajokebelle:

How did you arrive at your statistics.
It's not only 80%, it's 120%.
Better stop giving people wrong info.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by DonroxyII: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2020
Jarus:

Read my message well. I said my part of Kwara South. I'm from Offa. Offa is at least 75% Muslim.

Offa is also the largest town in Kwara South. I know Igbomina axis of Kwara South has probably more Christians but places like Ajase, Igbaja, Omupo etc in Igbominaland have large Muslim population.

I thought my part of Kwara south meant entire Kwara south. wehdone sir !

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Dagrace01(m): 11:38am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
You're saying jagons!
Only Kwara state is 80% Muslims.
The remaining are either 50-50 or 60-40.
While Ondo and Ekiti are 95% Christians.
You the remaining converted to Christian?
Chai! How misleading..Christian missionaries got to the South-west before the influx of Usman Danfodio's Jihad.
Pls read wild and don't come here to mislead people.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by Vatod(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2020
mignone:

Thanks so much, u're really in the know. Iwo town is muslim dominated too.
Yes!!!
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by jimyjames(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2020

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by osazuwa23: 11:41am On Feb 21, 2020
Wasnt dagrin muslim [quote author=Jarus post=86834129]

Musician small doctor. [/quote
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by osazuwa23: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2020
9ice should be on this list
Ibcrown:
wizzy
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by omosuper(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2020
DonroxyII:
Ilorin is not equals to Kwara ... Also, Kwara has more muslims with larger concentration in Kwara North (Nupe majorly, Baruteen are mix) and Kwara Central (Ilorin emirate). in Kwara south, I think it is more Christians since Igbomina/Ekiti are Mostly Xtians while Offa is also mixed!!

cc
Sir Jarus, That 75:25 view of yours for Kwara south though ....
Offa, Irepodun, Ifelodun have more Muslims while Isin, Ekiti and Oke-Ero have more Christians pop.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by seunny4lif(m): 11:48am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
True cool cool cool cool
Most Yoruba are traditional worshippers
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by mfm04622: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2020
Jarus:

Largely true, but not entirely.

Christians dominate the Ife-Ijesha axis of Osun. It is only Ede/Iwo axis that clearly has majority Muslim. Osogbo/Ikirun axis also appears to be 50/50. Over all, Osun appears to be 50-50.

Similar pattern in Oyo, although Ibadan has a very huge Muslim population.

Ogun also has similar pattern of 50-50 with large Muslim population in Ijebuland and Abeokuta. I suspect Christians will be slightly more in Ogun.

Yes, indigenous Lagosians are mostly Muslims - Lagos Island, Epe. But Lagos being a cosmopolitan city, has many Christians, mostly non-indigenes.

Ekiti looks like 80% Christian, or more. Ondo too has clear Christian majority.

I'm from Kwara South and from my part of Kwara South, Muslim-Christian ratio is, to be most conservative, least 75-25. S

Just my view from what I know of these states, not official stats.

When you remove Abeokuta and Ijebu Land from Ogun State population, what do you have left? Please note I am talking of indegenes, not residents. When those two are mostly Muslims, forget it, Ogun state is mostly Muslim.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Muslims And You Never Knew by ajokeade920: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2020
richesbhc:
ur so right wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Leo Edochie: Yul Edochie Shows Off His First Elder Brother - Check Picture / Nneka Miriam Onwuzuligbo Dies During Buttocks Enlargement Surgery By Dr. Anu / Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.