Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (141390 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Oh ok, from royal seed. I love its unique shape.
Yep it's lovely cultivar, can't wait to compare it with cobra 26 that's already fruiting too
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 8:03am On Jun 17, 2021
ideepaul:

Yep it's lovely cultivar, can't wait to compare it with cobra 26 that's already fruiting too
A beg do. Cobra too is another excellent cultivar. Seems both have similar disease resistance catalogue.
I learnt the Rambo F1 is a Kenyan product, when will our own research institutes wake up? The only thing our own Premier Seed does is to be rebranding and repackaging UC, Roma, marketers and marketmore up and down.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by emmaachile2(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2021
OluchiDelly:

A beg do. Cobra too is another excellent cultivar. Seems both have similar disease resistance catalogue.
I learnt the Rambo F1 is a Kenyan product, when will our own research institutes wake up? The only thing our own Premier Seed does is to be rebranding and repackaging UC, Roma, marketers and marketmore up and down.
I thought premier seeds only do maize seeds? cool
The Rambo F1 is one to watch as it's has all the checked points; bw resistance, large size tomato above 150g angry , and should be classed in the category of the Sakata Martyna F1.
East west, Technisem and co are still behind in tomato due to its small size.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2021
Another harvest today@13k grade1. I heard Lagos is 14-15k at the moment. Hmmmm! Live no balance at all, tomato crate that was sold #500 December and #1200 janu-feb.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 11:21am On Jun 17, 2021
emmaachile2:

I thought premier seeds only do maize seeds? cool
The Rambo F1 is one to watch as it's has all the checked points; bw resistance, large size tomato above 150g angry , and should be classed in the category of the Sakata Martyna F1.
East west, Technisem and co are still behind in tomato due to its small size.
I used to see their repackaged old school opv tom and cucumber seeds.

Regarding tom sizes, most southern farmers prefer a medium size tom for staking convinience. Bigger sizes can break stakes or even break its own stems during strong wind. Unlike those of you in the central and far north where little or no staking is required.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 11:25am On Jun 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Another harvest today@13k grade1. I heard Lagos is 14-15k at the moment. Hmmmm! Live no balance at all, tomato crate that was sold #500 December and #1200 janu-feb.

Weldone bro. Tell them to still hold the prize abeg. The cold weather for here no gree allow my own ripe faster.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by bassey25(m): 8:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
this is what it looks like per kilo before dissolveing it.

Please how many seedling trays can a kilo of coco pit cover. Or how may stands of seeds will benefit from a kilo of coco pit.?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by betabread: 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
has any one planted the local yoruba tomato along side good hybrids........ what is the major difference especially yield, most local farmers that hardly spend a dine keep cultivating this type, If you have taken care of this tomato along side a good hybrid please share the difference
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ritzyluv: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2021
I sold a rubber basket equivalent to this crate 18k yesterday. See the way market women were begging for 15k I nor gree and I also condition them to come to the farm that am not taking it to them. They all rushed down to buy.
I always love this season of tomatoes
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2021
ritzyluv:

I sold a rubber basket equivalent to this crate 18k yesterday. See the way market women were begging for 15k I nor gree and I also condition them to come to the farm that am not taking it to them. They all rushed down to buy.
I always love this season of tomatoes
LoL... serious inflation at work! it was not like this this time last year. Banditry/kidnapping has seriously reduced supply from the north.
Same way my people visited the site of our last year pepper farm. The few stands that survived from cattle grazing were fruiting massively...i was shocked when they were telling me they were selling @2k per small painter rubber to street vendors. Same rubber they may price below N200 during glut.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2021
Tomato full ground today no be small... what the price will look like nobody know yet!..land soak ooooo my people...

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Tomato full ground today no be small... what the price will look like nobody know yet!..land soak ooooo my people...
I was at Sasha too yesterday, cucumber full ground like water
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I was at Sasha too yesterday, cucumber full ground like water. them never sell my cucumber finish self
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2021
aquadude15:

I was at Sasha too yesterday, cucumber full ground like water. them never sell my cucumber finish self
baba naso I see am ooo. You mean akure Sasha?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
Thank God for Edo and ondo town people that came to market today. You will see 1 person buying 6-10 crate, within 6 minutes of their arrival they bought more than 70 crate. Grade1 11k today. Personally I sold 10,9 and 8k because my tomato is not in grade1 category@ 4th harvest.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
baba naso I see am ooo. You mean akure Sasha?
yes boss.
akure sasha
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by akamudom(m): 8:29am On Jun 26, 2021
Goodmorning sir Thanks for the good works
please am having a bacterial attack in my tomato farm pls help its widespread
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
aquadude15:

yes boss.
akure sasha
am going there on Monday.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
akamudom:
Goodmorning sir
Thanks for the good works

please am having a bacterial attack in my tomato farm
pls help its widespread
bacteria or fungi? Post the picture
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2021
I harvested yesterday and took it to market this morning....this is what it looks like sixth harvest... going.....my tomato fruit now fall to grade3...I sold it 10k today. Grad1 12k-12.5k today.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by akamudom(m): 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
bacteria or fungi? Post the picture

Am sure its bacteria sir

looks like tiny brownish yellowish balls that appears on the leafs fruites (bad Decaying ones) and stems causing them to detoriate and keep spreading from the starting point

sori i realy wish i can post pictures now but my andriod phone is down now

thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
akamudom:

Am sure its bacteria sir

looks like tiny brownish yellowish balls that appears on the leafs fruites (bad Decaying ones) and stems causing them to detoriate and keep spreading from the starting point

sori i realy wish i can post pictures now but my andriod phone is down now

thanks
are you sure it's not late blight? With the lower leafs looking like they are burnt eventually and the plant loosing leafs at an alarming rate?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:19am On Jul 03, 2021
Another harvest today, I sold 11k at grade3, grade 1 was 13k. I heard Lagos is 15-17k. Had been my tomato is still grade1, I would have join my own too yesterday, and move to Lagos.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
Anyone with a 300-400m length mulching film for sale? And seed seller who has SUPERBELL F1 in stock?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by komoland: 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
I have 20 micron, 1.5 width and 300 length. If you want let me know.
ideepaul:
Anyone with a 300-400m length mulching film for sale? And seed seller who has SUPERBELL F1 in stock?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
komoland:
I have 20 micron, 1.5 width and 300 length. If you want let me know.
I am very interested sir, how do I contact you?,
Mine is 0902 174 74 03, I hope I won't be banned o
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2021
I am having a serious challenge on a piece of land.
I applied velum prime to the land around late April, ever since then any cucumber I plant on that piece of land die off withing two weeks, but when I tested few tomatoes on the same piece of land, it survived.
I tested is some weeks back again and I am still experiencing same problem.
what can I do please because I intend planting cucumber their.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2021
betabread:
has any one planted the local yoruba tomato along side good hybrids........ what is the major difference especially yield, most local farmers that hardly spend a dine keep cultivating this type, If you have taken care of this tomato along side a good hybrid please share the difference
have you taken your farm produce and you notice buyer hissing on it grin grin grin? A crate of plantinum 13k and crate of local 4.5k...it is people with low budget buying it.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
Last year it was cracking which I don't experience this year like that probably because there is no rain. This year Nah this! Abeg my people waiting dey cause dis one? Nah insect,virus or calcium deficiency? Please my people I need answer so I can improve by next year!

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dayo1988: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2021
U didn't spray insecticide since u start havest
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by jidestroud(m): 7:58am On Jul 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Last year it was cracking which I don't experience this year like that probably because there is no rain. This year Nah this! Abeg my people waiting dey cause dis one? Nah insect,virus or calcium deficiency? Please my people I need answer so I can improve by next year!

Oga boss, I did experience this sometimes late last year when I planted I particular variety (name withheld grin). Most likely na sun dey knack your tomatoes I believe It's suncalding, totally a weather problem. But wait o, it's been two weeks I saw sun last, so I may be wrong again undecided

It is irreversible bro, just harvest and prevent moulds from setting in.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 9:03am On Jul 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Looks like late blight to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.