Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (140222 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by emmaachile2(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Last year it was cracking which I don't experience this year like that probably because there is no rain. This year Nah this! Abeg my people waiting dey cause dis one? Nah insect,virus or calcium deficiency? Please my people I need answer so I can improve by next year!
the second pics is caused by sunburn while the first is caused by thrips. Use Renova 5gm per knapsack to prevent it next time.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Last year it was cracking which I don't experience this year like that probably because there is no rain. This year Nah this! Abeg my people waiting dey cause dis one? Nah insect,virus or calcium deficiency? Please my people I need answer so I can improve by next year!
The first pix appears to be insect infection.
2nd pix is due to sudden exposure to sunlight. The fruits have probably bn displaced by wind or human activities from the tomato leaves that was covering/shielding it from direct sun rays.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
Big thanks for your advise, suggestions and insight, Cc Dayo 1988, jidestroud, ideepaul, emmaachile2, OluchiDelly. I loose close to 20 crate to that infection . I will go for insect infection for now, why because I stop using any Insecticide that has any Cypermethrin,
Profenofos, Imidaclorid as ingredient When I noticed flowering, I was using caterpillar force as my insecticide. I stop using any insecticide when I start my harvest... (20 crate is over 200k ) I was even considering calcium deficiency grin
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2021
Another harvest today... market is dull maybe it due to rain! Grade1 12k- 11k. One More harvest to go...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Johnboom: 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2021
Thank you, sir. I just called you. Pls where can I get the seed to buy in Ekiti.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Lanjonath(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2021
Yes it's packed but the BW resistance is Intermediate not high, so you need to take precautions, its an amazing cultivar though

emmaachile2:

I thought premier seeds only do maize seeds? cool
The Rambo F1 is one to watch as it's has all the checked points; bw resistance, large size tomato above 150g angry , and should be classed in the category of the Sakata Martyna F1.
East west, Technisem and co are still behind in tomato due to its small size.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Last harvest today... in terms of yields, price and quality it is far better than Last year own. I thank God for making it a successful one,and all the contributor on this platform, believe it or not I have gain few more things on this platform this season which I believe will make me a better farmer next season.like seriously... I am happy with my harvest cheesy cheesy cheesy this year...... till next year again... Price today, Grade1 13-12k,grade2 12-10k.

5 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
@ farmerakinloye, pls what is the size of your farm and how many times do u harvest on ur farm
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Please farmers I'm a 21yrs university student and I'm into tomato farming, please sirs and mrs, how do I locate my tomato buyers.. pls I need u all to enlighten me great farmers
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 9:40am On Jul 19, 2021
Nastolly:
Please farmers I'm a 21yrs university student and I'm into tomato farming, please sirs and mrs, how do I locate my tomato buyers.. pls I need u all to enlighten me great farmers
You have tomatoes presently and you don't have the market for it? Where are you located?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
Haven't riped yet sir, how do I go about it when I'm about to sell sir
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nastolly:
Haven't riped yet sir, how do I go about it when I'm about to sell sir

Mr student, What happened to the 2nd question you were asked above? That's even the most important question. When you state your location, people from that axis can give u a hint.

Btw, what variety did you plant? Local or hybrid?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 8:13am On Jul 20, 2021
I'm located in oyo state, igboora
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Johnboom: 4:19am On Jul 21, 2021
Pls can tomatoes be planted along with maize
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:39am On Jul 21, 2021
Johnboom:
Pls can tomatoes be planted along with maize
you are joking right? Do you know how stressful is it to cultivate tomato successfully in a commercial level? Don't even dream it because both are not compatible.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:45am On Jul 21, 2021
Nastolly:
you are in Oyo and still looking for buyer? Smile.... Hope you are not using us to catch cruise? Go to major market in your area and make enquiry. Note don't allow them to cheat you! When you are ready to sell it, post the medium you wish to sell it here so that we can guide you on what the price should be.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Adeola245(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
you are in Oyo and still looking for buyer? Smile.... Hope you are not using us to catch cruise? Go to major market in your area and make enquiry. Note don't allow them to cheat you! When you are ready to sell it, post the medium you wish to sell it here so that we can guide you on what the price should be.
please can I plant two different brands of hybrid tomatoes seeds(padma 108 f1 and platinum f1) beside them each other? And how many stands of tomatoes do you have on your farm?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
Adeola245:
please can I plant two different brands of hybrid tomatoes seeds(padma 108 f1 and platinum f1) beside them each other? And how many stands of tomatoes do you have on your farm?
Yes can plant it, I will prefer you plant diva f1 to Padma f1, diva is bigger and red than Padma, and it doesn't crack.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dayo1988: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2021
Farmmorakin how many crate u havest in ur farm, I manage to havest 100crate due to water issue my pump machine refused to pump water inside d well when rain stopped
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2021
Dayo, what is the size of your tomato farm
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by komoland: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2021
Bro, you said you harvested 100crate out of how many stands?
Dayo1988:
Farmmorakin how many crate u havest in ur farm, I manage to havest 100crate due to water issue my pump machine refused to pump water inside d well when rain stopped
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by flowmama: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Last harvest today... in terms of yields, price and quality it is far better than Last year own. I thank God for making it a successful one,and all the contributor on this platform, believe it or not I have gain few more things on this platform this season which I believe will make me a better farmer next season.like seriously... I am happy with my harvest cheesy cheesy cheesy this year...... till next year again... Price today, Grade1 13-12k,grade2 12-10k.

Boss Man, kindly hint us what and what you did right this time to make such huge harvest as compared to your last year batch. Eagerly waiting to learn sir.

Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Henryimoter(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
Call 07069670428 for your seedlings
1. Mango
2. Orange
3. Coconut
4. Ogbono
5. Guava
6. Pawpaw
7. Plantains
8. Cashew
9. Teak
10. Plam tress etc
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dayo1988: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
3plotsabout 5500

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dayo1988: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
1 will plant my second time tomatoes by August 5th

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
@dayo where are u located
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
@ dayo what was the cost of the 3plots tomato farm throughout production sorry for the questions
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nastolly:

You seem to be closer to Abeokuta town, which is a Capita city. So market should not be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Adeola245(m): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Yes can plant it, I will prefer you plant diva f1 to Padma f1, diva is bigger and red than Padma, and it doesn't crack.
I already have padma f1 about 3500 stands on my farm but still have space for about 2000 stand. I have gotten platinum f1 5grams. I might start the nursery tomorrow... The padma will be 2 weeks after transplanting next tomorrow.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Cedagrochemical(f): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:

Any variety is prone to crack if there is an excess uptake of water

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by grandpoh(m): 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2021
Day 57
Mistakes as observed so far
I started staking late
Heavy rainfall 2wks back made lots of it bend
I’m wetting manually and the soil moisture is barely enough as rain don reduce drastically

It’s my first time with hybrid tomatoes guys
It’s flowering and fruiting too atm
Any corrections to be made?

Ps:I’ll be getting the irrigation tape for the next batch Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Omonaijani: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
grandpoh:
Day 57
Mistakes as observed so far
I started staking late
Heavy rainfall 2wks back made lots of it bend
I’m wetting manually and the soil moisture is barely enough as rain don reduce drastically

It’s my first time with hybrid tomatoes guys
It’s flowering and fruiting too atm
Any corrections to be made?

Ps:I’ll be getting the irrigation tape for the next batch Gods grace.

It's not easy watering manually, but encourage yourself with the fact that your tomatoes should be ready next month when a crate should still be selling above 10k, this will make you ignore the stress of manual watering, if you don't water regularly, the fruits will take up more water than they can hold when it eventually rains and they will start to crack; another thing: continue to spray catapillarforce or belt expert because of sucking worms and tuta that might have been deposited on the flower by butterfly and they will form inside the fruits and begin to spoil it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.