Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (140604 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
OluchiDelly:

It's called tropimech . It's an opv. It falls into the category of Roma, Rio grande.

Good day bros, have you used it before and what is its yield
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
Emempaul:

Good day bros, have you used it before and what is its yield

Nope. Why opv tom preference bro? You are a farmer from the south, though some opv veggies are now improved and good but opv tom ( & cucumber) are best left for northern farmers who have nothing to lose with their cheap method of farming.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Like Grandpoh said "it will take time before the stand balance, when it overstay in nursery" it is exactly 63 old today. I will be transplanting like six thousand by weekend. 10g of diva and 10g of plantinum on virgin land...more update loading...

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by grandpoh(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Like Grandpoh said "it will take time before the stand balance, when it overstay in nursery" it is exactly 63 old today. I will be transplanting like six thousand by weekend. 10g of diva and 10g of plantinum on virgin land...more update loading...

How many times have you fertilized so far?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by betabread: 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Sir, i will like to understand ur water source, do u still use stream water, if u do how do u manage clogging of ur tapes........
The stream i currently use is muddy, i fear for my tapes
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:15am On Jul 27, 2022
grandpoh:

How many times have you fertilized so far?
three times Sir. Have being using this spot back to back no stop.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dutch4u(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
three times Sir. Have being using this spot back to back no stop.
Please which kind of fertilizer are you using?
NPK 15-15-15 or 20-10-10?
And please what is the price in your location?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2022
dutch4u:

Please which kind of fertilizer are you using?
NPK 15-15-15 or 20-10-10?
And please what is the price in your location?
npk 15 15 15, 30k at the moment.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by betabread: 7:19am On Jul 30, 2022
Sit how often do u change drip tapes with your current soutce of stream water
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dutch4u(m): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate. Please one more question, do you mix fungicide with insecticide when spraying your tomatoes or you spray them separately?
And what is the interval days of spraying?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
I have 5 NPK 15-15-15-10s to sale.... 25k per one...... Interested person to contact.

Farmerakinloye6:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
dutch4u:

Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate. Please one more question, do you mix fungicide with insecticide when spraying your tomatoes or you spray them separately?
And what is the interval days of spraying?
1. yes I always mix both together 2. Five days interval,if there is no rain seven days is okay.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Masabannyc:
I have 5 NPK 15-15-15-10s to sale.... 25k per one...... Interested person to contact.

I have interest, hope it pay on delivery? How many bags?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dutch4u(m): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
1. yes I always mix both together 2. Five days interval,if there is no rain seven days is okay.
Thanks so much sir..
And please what is the interval days of fertilizer application?

And how many cm to the bottom of tomatoes?

Also, what is interval of tomatoes when transplanting?
Thanks for your time sir.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
Let me know how it will get to you. And the rest is history. I can do away with 5 bags of 50kg.

Farmerakinloye6:
I have interest, hope it pay on delivery? How many bags?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
Masabannyc:
Let me know how it will get to you. And the rest is history. I can do away with 5 bags of 50kg.

you will send it to Akure, what brand? Pls put your contact on your signature so I can contact you. I will buy the five.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2022
dutch4u:

Thanks so much sir..
And please what is the interval days of fertilizer application?

And how many cm to the bottom of tomatoes?

Also, what is interval of tomatoes when transplanting?
Thanks for your time sir.
1. first one will be seven days after transplanting, then 10 days after and another 10day. 2. Few inches away from tomato stand, watch it on my tomato playlist YouTube channel. 3. 30cm.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2022
Call or Whatsapp. Golden fertilizer brand.

Farmerakinloye6:
you will send it to Akure, what brand? Pls put your contact on your signature so I can contact you. I will buy the five.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mykepeter(m): 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2022
Pls any tomato farmers Whatsapp group within Akure or Ondo state to join.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dutch4u(m): 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
1. first one will be seven days after transplanting, then 10 days after and another 10day. 2. Few inches away from tomato stand, watch it on my tomato playlist YouTube channel. 3. 30cm.
Thank you very much sir.
I really appreciate your time
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by orpeeh: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
do you cover with sand after application?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Johnnonye(m): 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
Good afternoon great farmers. Please we ho knows the cost of drip tape, latflat and end caps?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dutch4u(m): 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:

dutch4u:

Thank you very much sir.
I really appreciate your time
Please at what stage will someone stop fungicide or till after harvesting.
2. Also what stage will someone stop applying fertilizer and how many times of application?
Thanks so much
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:25am On Aug 02, 2022
orpeeh:
do you cover with sand after application?
yes.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:30am On Aug 02, 2022
dutch4u:

Please at what stage will someone stop fungicide or till after harvesting.
2. Also what stage will someone stop applying fertilizer and how many times of application?
Thanks so much
1. Both fungicide and insecticide till you stop harvesting. 2. Some apply it every ten days but I apply just three times throughout the live cycle.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:31am On Aug 02, 2022
Masabannyc:
Golden fertilizer brand.

done deal, thanks for the trust! You can modify your post because of spamming.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 8:52am On Aug 02, 2022
Good house, I just bought tropi mesh and uc82b opv and I am planning on nursing it tomorrow please who has used any of the two variety and what are their pros and cons. Mind you I reisde in the South West. Please I would really like your takes on both variant
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 9:04am On Aug 02, 2022
You are always welcome, you be our good oga.

Farmerakinloye6:
done deal, thanks for the trust! You can modify your post because of spamming.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by grandpoh(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2022
Used layflat offtaker with valve and without valve 8k each

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by grandpoh(m): 9:11am On Aug 02, 2022
Just noticed some whitening leaves on some plants in the field
What could be the cause and how do I remedy it?

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by raregem2021: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2022
grandpoh:
Used layflat offtaker with valve and without valve 8k each
I'm interested in the one with valve how many pieces are you selling for 8k?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
1. Both fungicide and insecticide till you stop harvesting. 2. Some apply it every ten days but I apply just three times throughout the live cycle.

Weldone sir @ FarmAkinloye you and many Pros on here are an inspiration to Nigerian youth. My question is how many kilograms in total or bags of fertilizer do you use on 10g sachet of tomato from beginning to final harvest.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.