Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (140013 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Adeoye007(m): 9:36am On Jun 21, 2022
grandpoh:

Bought 20kg for 16k at ogunpa Ibadan
Please what the area of land will that 20kg cover.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
grandpoh:
Secondly am getting tired of this new workers of mine, left from for a while and I gave specific instructions which they didn’t follow and left nursery outgrowing the tray

Can I still transplant like this from the tray?
Would the yield be any different?
I miscalculated grin. I transplant the seedlings yesterday at 28th days Old..me and my boys was like woow.. this seedlings get as e b cheesy during plant. I will apply first fertilizer by Friday and start staking latest on Monday..

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
The leaves of my tomato begins to change, all I need is to keep managing it so the fruit will not sick/rotten...

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by northbird: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
I miscalculated grin. I transplant the seedlings yesterday at 28th days Old..me and my boys was woow this seedlings get as e b cheesy during plant. I will apply first fertilizer by Friday and start staking latest on Monday..

@ Farmerakinloye6. Good job. How much will it cost to do ridges like this for one acre.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
northbird:

@ Farmerakinloye6. Good job. How much will it cost to do ridges like this for one acre.
this is manual ridges..at #300 per 50meters
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by grandpoh(m): 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
I miscalculated grin. I transplant the seedlings yesterday at 28th days Old..me and my boys was like woow.. this seedlings get as e b cheesy during plant. I will apply first fertilizer by Friday and start staking latest on Monday..
omo, I won’t make the mistake again ooo, it took mine a while to stand firm unlike when they’re at 21- 23 days old
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:01am On Jun 22, 2022
grandpoh:
Sold at 8k today
I sold 10.5k for those that want resell at the same spot. Harvest continue today...my tricycle could take all at once.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Mzee44: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
I sold 10.5k for those that want resell at the same spot. Harvest continue today...my tricycle could take all at once.

Sir, how much do you buy the 20kg crates per bundle, and is it stackable?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:48am On Jun 24, 2022
On Wednesday I sold 11k, yesterday 11.5k and 12k, 11k today.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by northbird: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
this is manual ridges..at #300 per 50meters

Good. Thanks.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
If am to harvest everything at once today,i will harvest like 36 crate but my tricycle can only take between 18-20 crate... don't forget this is just 10g platinum seed.harvesting continue tomorrow....if I can achieve total 120-150 crate on 10g wink I will call myself novice no more.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by SoftHeart(m): 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
If am to harvest everything at once today,i will harvest like 36 crate but my tricycle can only take between 18-20 crate... don't forget this is just 10g platinum seed.harvesting continue tomorrow....if I can achieve total 120-150 crate on 10g wink I will call myself novice no more.
This is huge. Congratulations Sir!
I'm an aspiring farmer. I have a about 4 plots of land and a paid laborer. First time to tomatoes farming and I'm not pleased with the current results from my farm. Please I sincerely wish to learn from you, firsthand, even if it's at a fee. How do I get to contact you please?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by sayso: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:

This is fantastic, growing exponentially. But am just curious about the projected harvest. Can't you have up to 800-1000 crates from your farm?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Kayouzka(m): 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Harvest supposed to have start latest by may 15, but could not be so because am broke (fuel) along the line. My colleague that were able to irrigate when there is no rain has started to pluck thier own before May 15.

Where is your farm located please can you share
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Kayouzka:

Where is your farm located please can you share
Ondo state
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
sayso:

This is fantastic, growing exponentially. But am just curious about the projected harvest. Can't you have up to 800-1000 crates from your farm?
smile...on 1.3plot cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
Tomato was so many today on field, I sold 10.5k-10k yesterday, and 10k flat (16crate) today. Still going to market tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by sayso: 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Ooh sorry my oga. More blessings
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by oyinlekan1: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Good work from you please can you share with us what makes your production to increase more than before
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2022
Yes I seconded on this our mentor.... What steps did you take that makes the yield to increase. Thanks in anticipation....

oyinlekan1:
Good work from you please can you share with us what makes your production to increase more than before
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:

Chairman no vex ooo. I no see well. Did you say 1. 3plots or 13 plots or 1 acre 3 plots or 1 and half plot. Please clarify for some of us that have been following your thread with keen interest
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pamcode(m): 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
fungicide I used the last time I cultivate tomato were ortiva top, Cabrio duo and saaf, I alternate the three and I don't have issue with my tomato leaf not until I start plucking it... I will advise you to follow the basic (spraying pesticides, manure, weeding, pruning and staking in appropriate time.) seriously and leave the rest for God. Once you start plucking open field tomato fruit, no how the leaf will change which I believe is general everywhere!
The same is happening on the farm currently. How do you manage it? I saw somewhere you wrote that you use Cabrio and saaf. How much ml per 16L do you use for Cabrio and also how many grams/spoons for saaf.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pamcode(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2022
flowmama:

Your leggy seedlings need adequate amount of sunlight, else they will keep growing towards direction of sunlight (+ve phototropism) and stem will be unnecessarily slim. They also need air to avoid damping off. Perhaps you got them covered far too long.
Give them those 2 things and you should be fine.

On another note, you didn't prepare your tray well oo. The cocopeat should be leveled such that the cells of the tray will be visibly distinct from each other. Just trying to imagine how you'll remove the seedlings from the trays at transplanting.

All the best
Thanks ma. They did do well.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
pamcode:
The same is happening on the farm currently. How do you manage it? I saw somewhere you wrote that you use Cabrio and saaf. How much ml per 16L do you use for Cabrio and also how many grams/spoons for saaf.
Cabrio 30-50ml depend on age why SAAF/funguforce 50-100gm depend on the age. SAAF/funguforce should be your regular. spray Cabrio maximum once in two weeks, fungicide that has Azoxystrobin as ingredient once in a month at 15ml.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
Pls sirs what's causes this in tomatoes and how can it be controlled

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Alsenora: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
It's nothing to worry about. Leaf roll isn't a disease. Some tomato species do that in reaction to weather or changes in weather/environment.
Nastolly:
Pls sirs what's causes this in tomatoes and how can it be controlled
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2022
Making total 108 crate today...I sold 16 crate flat at 12500, I don't even take it inside market before everything was bought finished.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by SoftHeart(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Making total 108 crate today...I sold 16 crate flat at 12500, I don't even take it inside market before everything was bought finished.
Which market was that please?
My worker sold at N9,500 today at Shasha market, Akure.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by modestypii(m): 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
@farmerakinloye God bless your work, you are truly an inspiration. I'm also working on my tomato farm thanks to your wealth of knowledge.

Besides, I have the following inputs and materials for sale for interested buyers:
Drip tape, npk 20:10:10, urea, D.I grow and seed planter...all at reduced price.
Location is Ibadan.
Contact me via my signature.
Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Yemighty2(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:

Boss is the 108 crate gotten from only 1.3 plots?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
SoftHeart:

Which market was that please?
My worker sold at N9,500 today at Shasha market, Akure.
you should know price depend on quality, fullness and variety. Don't forget I understand how the market work too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by SoftHeart(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
you should know price depend on quality, fullness and variety. Don't forget I understand how the market work too.
Thanks for your response Sir. I'm a complete novice, trying to understand how to be successful in this field. I've been following your updates on YouTube and I hope to meet you in person some day.
Thanks for all your help and more blessings to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.