Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (140992 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:56am On Jun 01, 2023
I start selling today officially smiley, and I sold for those that want to resell at the same spot at 17k per crate. Normally it should be 18k...let me put it this way.. any farmer that transplant between (open field) feb-march, and you notice your tomato don't do well like previous years or perhaps you are newbie, it is general including myself, the weather cause it and there is nothing we can do about it. Farmers has being complaining to me, one even said" he suspect one woman behind the ordeal grin grin grin"

3 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by betabread: 8:03am On Jun 01, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
I start selling today officially smiley, and I sold for those that want to resell at the same spot at 17k per crate. Normally it should be 18k...let me put it this way.. any farmer that transplant between (open field) feb-march, and you notice your tomato don't do well like previous years or perhaps you are newbie, it is general including myself, the weather cause it and there is nothing we can do about it. Farmers has being complaining to me, one even said" he suspect one woman behind the ordeal grin grin grin"
U will mint cash, currently in my axis, no farmer that planted feb-mar has tomato in commercial qty
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 9:58am On Jun 01, 2023
Kehfie:
Great farmers in the house pls who is doing any kind of farming in Agbara axis
I am in oke ore axis along owode idiiroko
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 9:59am On Jun 01, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:

Is this the diva or platinum?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Alsenora: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
Lols....he should know it's climate change effect (i.e., woman). Your observation is true and general with the transplants of the timing you noted.
Farmerakinloye6:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 10:45pm On Jun 01, 2023
aliadi2:

Thanks for the reply do we have to run the 2" outlet hose all the way to the tank or site or we can change to 1/4" hose along the way

You can step it down to 1" halfway.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 11:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:

grin grin grin
The weather for this year don show me shege pro max. My pepper is supposed to be fruiting heavily currently but the bad weather has delayed it. I pray for quick recovery so that I can start harvesting pepper when tomato harvest starts.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Chidiebubeoji: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2023
Hmm na wa oh please sir, so what was the impact of the weather since there was irrigation in place ?
Farmerakinloye6:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Alsenora: 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
Adverse relative humidity induced by the recent heat wave is beyond what irrigation alone can combat...is it the fruit abortion it caused or insect invasion with disease in their wake,etc....
Chidiebubeoji:
Hmm na wa oh please sir, so what was the impact of the weather since there was irrigation in place ?

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Simfglobal: 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
Alsenora:
Adverse relative humidity induced by the recent heat wave is beyond what irrigation alone can combat...is it the fruit abortion it caused or insect invasion with disease in their wake,etc....

It's the fruit abortion for me...it is well
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

How many cell tray then for tomato sir?
105 or 128 cell.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:
tomato can only do well under some degree of temperature. When you plant open field and it doesn't rain for like a month or your plant is experiencing back to back rain, it will definitely stress the plant.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Gidigidi3(m): 4:26am On Jun 03, 2023
Cocoboms:
Please any farmer here in Awka axis? Kindly indicate. Thanks

Present Sir 😊
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Olajobi4real: 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
Good afternoon my great farmers in the house please I need cobra seed where can I get it am in Ibadan
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
Olajobi4real:
Good afternoon my great farmers in the house please I need cobra seed where can I get it am in Ibadan
many agro shop there in Ibadan now...go to solokad they should have.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
Did another nursery yesterday... first time I will be planting Cobra...let see if it Worth it cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Cocoboms(m): 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
Gidigidi3:

Present Sir 😊

Hello sir, I tried replying you via email but your email addresss registered on NL is not delivering.

Is your mobile number 08.0213.750..13??
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Cocoboms(m): 3:55pm On Jun 03, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Did another nursery yesterday... first time I will be planting Cobra...let see if it Worth it cheesy.

Which of the technisem cobra? They have two main cobra varieties
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
many agro shop there in Ibadan now...go to solokad they should have.
Cobra no dey market o. Their major distributors from Lagos to Ibadan has run out of stock. Those who have the old stock are selling at a very ridiculously inflated price.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by johnnyblaze424: 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:

I'd really like to know the outcome of this current project.
are you doing cobra 26 f1 or cobra 34 f1
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Olajobi4real: 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
Good afternoon my great farmers in the house please I need cobra seed and cocopit where can I get it am in Ibadan
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Simfglobal: 3:18am On Jun 04, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
My oga, it worth it o... especially when heavy rainfall start pouring, then you will know the real worth. It doesn't succumb to heavy rainfall.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
Simfglobal:

My oga, it worth it o... especially when heavy rainfall start pouring, then you will know the real worth. It doesn't succumb to heavy rainfall.

Can u help get 50g cobra f1 from your source? I got some cultivars, remaining cobra on the list.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Chidiebubeoji: 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
Alsenora:
Farmerakinloye6:
tomato can only do well under some degree of temperature. When you plant open field and it doesn't rain for like a month or your plant is experiencing back to back rain, it will definitely stress the plant.

Ok. Thank you
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Simfglobal: 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
OluchiDelly:

Can u help get 50g cobra f1 from your source? I got some cultivars, remaining cobra on the list.
Yes. Where is your location sir.

I bought 50g of cobra 26 F1 at 29,500 last month.
Let me confirm the latest price
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Davidson267(m): 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Good evening boss.I actually started this tomato farming around March with the help of someone one who has been in field for a while now,But I didn’t get good results due to fungus attack even tho I have been using some fungicide (saaf and five star)tho I only used the five star to control it when the damage has been done .most times,I notice white spots on my green tomato fruits after rain,I will continue to spray it with five star fungicides ,this spots will later heal back and turn black spots on the tomato till harvest thereby causing me to sell at very low price .pls I’m already planing to start my second nursing,which fungicides do you suggest I should introduce and how to use them.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Simfglobal:

Yes. Where is your location sir.

I bought 50g of cobra 26 F1 at 29,500 last month.
Let me confirm the latest price

Ile ife
Pls reach me on 09156. 230.760 to avoid derailing the thread .
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:43am On Jun 05, 2023
Davidson267:

Good evening boss.I actually started this tomato farming around March with the help of someone one who has been in field for a while now,But I didn’t get good results due to fungus attack even tho I have been using some fungicide (saaf and five star)tho I only used the five star to control it when the damage has been done .most times,I notice white spots on my green tomato fruits after rain,I will continue to spray it with five star fungicides ,this spots will later heal back and turn black spots on the tomato till harvest thereby causing me to sell at very low price .pls I’m already planing to start my second nursing,which fungicides do you suggest I should introduce and how to use them.
Thanks in anticipation
what you describe is blight, which I fear pass in all disease that affect tomato.you supposed to introduce that five star to your plant when is exactly a month on field at 15ml per 16 in the evening and at least once in three weeks, you can increase the dosage to 20ml if the disease is obvious. Before you plant or do nursery in that area make sure you remove and burn the debris of the old one, else the disease will transfer to the new one.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2023
Price range between 20-17k this morning but I sold 17k for those that want resell it at thesame spot.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Brineharry: 9:14am On Jun 05, 2023
Cocoboms:
Please any farmer here in Awka axis? Kindly indicate. Thanks
. I do stay there... Which part of Awka is ur farm located
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Veddywhite: 11:53am On Jun 05, 2023
@farmerakinloye06 pls how many crates can I get from an acre of tomatoes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

Viewing this topic: Ayobami3310c(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.