Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me (44730 Views)

Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? / Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Slimsly100(f): 12:02am On Feb 22, 2020
Even before i got to the point where you mentioned IGbo i knew it'd be Igbo palaver.
Bia enyia, kam gwa go; anu'kwana nwata '
Nor try am to avoid had I known.
It takes more than love to build and sustain marriage.
And marriage is different from boy/girl friendship u people call dating
I don talk my own cool

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Auto200: 12:05am On Feb 22, 2020
Joy that you will regret in long run?

Bros tradition is tradition ! Forget whatever pastor will tell you
FlyingTOMATOE:
sometimes you need to go against tradition in order to find your own joy
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by slam7000(m): 12:06am On Feb 22, 2020
Badgers14:
Do you know the interesting thing...

If OP have met this girl abroad and they got married... no one will mention all this village people stuffs grin grin

Depends where you are from, even if you marry from mars and your people find out, that marriage will not have their blessings. I’m some cultures, cousins get married. In some, this is a serious offence to even think about it.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Auto200: 12:06am On Feb 22, 2020
Please respect tradition!

I know someone who did this same thing op is facing and now he is in hot soup for real ! Don’t advice him to do this
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr and Marry that girl

Imagine
"When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me "

See excuse!!!

So any body when come from same village with me na my sister or brother?
All this Igbo people ehnnn

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:08am On Feb 22, 2020
MorataFC:
even if that tradition is against God?
Which tradition is against God ?
Even in bible dey said don’t have sexual relationship with your close family
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Auto200: 12:08am On Feb 22, 2020
Which God?? You don’t understand the gravity of such advice
datola:
Are you REALLY related?

If no, please go ahead with God on your side.

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Neroiam(m): 12:08am On Feb 22, 2020
uzohrome:

Watin this one dey talk na. Adam and who... Then propose to your mum na

U dey tink with ur balls?
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Neroiam(m): 12:09am On Feb 22, 2020
Auto200:
Which God?? You don’t understand the gravity of such advice

Anything pass God?
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Auto200: 12:09am On Feb 22, 2020
Nothing like God in this matter .
Perfecttouchade:
God will see u through
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Auto200: 12:11am On Feb 22, 2020
And you were fucking her??my man!! You don Bleep up big time
Mandem12:
I knew we were from the same village but didn't know about the tradition
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by chigoizie7(m): 12:12am On Feb 22, 2020
All I will say here is this, do not allow those people who do not share the same traditional beliefs or religious beliefs tell you or convince you that your own beliefs are of the Olden days.

If they find themselves in a situation where they will have to obey their own tradition, they will do it without bating an eyelid.

It is easier for someone who see eating dog meat as nothing wrong to tell someone who doesn’t eat it that dog meat is the best meat.

It is easier for someone who comes from a culture where women do menial jobs like serving concrete to tell me that comes a culture where women are not allowed to do so that it is a normal thing to do by women.

Use your tongue to count your teeth.

Na the same oyibo wey de try force us to believe that polygamy is a sin and not a way of life that is forcing us to believe that homosexuality is a way of life.

Smoking weed in naija is a crime, but smoking weed in SA or Canada is not. If you be Canadian, you come enter naija begin smoke igbo based on say Canada legalize am, na SARS go arrest you last last.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Neroiam(m): 12:12am On Feb 22, 2020
Auto200:
Please respect tradition!

I know someone who did this same thing op is facing and now he is in hot soup for real ! Don’t advice him to do this

Respect which mumu tradition?

tradition that was created by ignorant ancestors swearing allegiance to stupid deities...

Respect God.. That's what you should say.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Neroiam(m): 12:16am On Feb 22, 2020
chigoizie7:

Use your teeth to count your tongue.

Bros, how many tongue you get na? undecided wey you dey use a whole 32 dey count. grin grin
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:16am On Feb 22, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Imagine
"When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me "

See excuse!!!

Many villages in igbo land don’t marry from d same community bro.
Bcoz dey live as one big family

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by slam7000(m): 12:18am On Feb 22, 2020
Slimsly100:
Even before i got to the point where you mentioned IGbo i knew it'd be Igbo palaver.
Bia enyia, kam gwa go; anu'kwana nwata '
Nor try am to avoid had I known.
It takes more than love to build and sustain marriage.
And marriage is different from boy/girl friendship u people call dating
I don talk my own cool

Tell him. Most times when ‘tradition’ or ‘custom’ is mentioned, people tend to see this as fetish, pagan etc...this is actually very good practice that must be sustained.

Marriages amongst my people are preceded by prechecks...no 1 is your blood link. If you are related in anyway no matter how distant, you’ll be advised to stop.

Checks are done on the family, even though this might not stop you from going further but you’ll be advised if there are strong suspicions about the family you intend to marry from. A man was banished from my town years ago for murder. He later returned after many years. Someone who wanted to marry the daughter was made aware of these. It was debated but he ended up marrying the lady...his father opposed the marriage initially, his uncle argues that the sins of the father should not be visited on the girl... many argued that there were possibilities of the girl inheriting her dad’s idiosyncrasies and temper...both are happily married today.

Op should listen to his people.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by henrysilver(m): 12:24am On Feb 22, 2020
You better listen to your parents, exactly what happened to me when I brought a beautiful girl home 5 years ago to meet with my parents and I was told to let her go that we were some how related and when I tried to force it I was directed to two families where I later found out that the people that have made that mistake in the past were on able to bear children..

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by chigoizie7(m): 12:26am On Feb 22, 2020
Neroiam:

Bros, how many tongue you get na? undecided wey you dey use a whole 32 dey count. grin grin

Lol. Na mistake
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by wiseoneking: 12:26am On Feb 22, 2020
Frankyboy1:
Now listen! No body here can tell you what to do, the answer lies within,and would speak tru your convictions, there re marriages family disapproved of and succeeded and there re marriages families supported and failed, don't let no one define happiness for you, it is an old and archaic tradition still practised in my place, a village comprising of over two hundred kindred generations ago are still considered siblings, what rubbish! Then we all are brothers and sisters from the genealogy of Adam and eve! Check out those villages,most of them re codedly blowing themselves secretly,both knowingly and unknowingly, but hypocrisy says you can blow codedly but can't marry! My large village in an Igbo speaking area in delta state have that tradition, but guess what! Anytime I go home and feel funky, I blow them chicks indiscriminately, and when you done d girl tells you do you know bla bla bla bla bla, I just keep quiet, deep my mouth into d booby,and then blow again and again and again generously, what you don't believe can't harm you, fear is the mother of all evil, defeat it and rise above the stars!/oneove bro
Bad and evil advisers. Mr Blow?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Neroiam(m): 12:27am On Feb 22, 2020
priscaoge:
When they tell Youths of this generation to know their root, Cultures and traditions they will insult you and call you archaic/ancient. My Dear incest is NEVER accepted anywhere even in the Bible. Trust me you won’t be able to handle the consequences. If truly you both are related by blood, don’t go ahead with that plan of yours because it will backfire.

People on this NL who doesn’t understand how related you both are or what your traditions are will tell you to damn the tradition and marry her. Remember they won’t be there tomorrow to bear the consequences with you. They have their sacred traditions they respect and uphold but will quickly thrash yours just to sound woke undecided

There’s a huge difference between CIVILIZATION and TRADITIONS. Some cultures and traditions are still powerful no matter how civilized or how religious the World is. Listen to the WORDS OF WISDOM, Listen to the WORDS OF THE ELDERS

Madam color color.

I, O T, have no scared traditions i respect and uphold. If I'm from your place, I still will not respect any sacred traditions. Yes! I stubborn like that.
Starting from the foods people forbid because of tradition, I dey chop anything and everything.. My people know me...
The other day i dey chop dried snake meat wey sweet pass turkey seff, my guy dey say dia people dey forbid am say na their juju, you eat you die.. Taaaa. What nonsense

See eh, anything that isn't found on God's word is trash. Kick it.

God said, my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... Hosea 4:6a
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 22, 2020
Neroiam:

Oracle my foot.. So u believe in fetish? And not God?

Does God even support incest? Do not tempt the Lord thy God.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by BRATISLAVA: 12:32am On Feb 22, 2020
Neroiam:

Shay Cain in the bible married his IKWU, and it wasn't a taboo! ...because Adam and Eve were the only people God created and they gave birth to children.. undecided ..or where did you come from? If not from Adam

Why haven't you married your siblings or relatives? What are you waiting for?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by 12345baba(m): 12:34am On Feb 22, 2020
I no read am finish. The part I read sounded untrue
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by uzohrome(m): 12:35am On Feb 22, 2020
Neroiam:

U dey tink with ur balls?

Same thing am asking... We are talking waitin go make sense dem dey bring eve and Adam join. Is the guy or the girl came from the same village with Adam or Eve? We all from Africa have culture and norms even some of us from eastern part of this country are culturally homogeneous. Remember this culture has been there for centuries. Sure culture can be altered to fit in with modern life but we must state the facts not coming up with my history book or documentary without proof. All these spiritual books was written via inspiration not knowing where the inspiration comes from. If you can stay silent and concentrate for a long time you will be inspired most times you will hear clear voices talking to you. Hypnosis happens all the time. What you hear will be differed from what another person hears. But one will come and force or make you Belive that what he had was original and you should believe it and practice it. I have read plenty spiritual books they are all good. We Dont have to be dogmatic or sentimental or irrational to our sense of humor. Bringing Adam and Eve is extremely nonsense to the subject of discuss.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Gooddoorman: 12:37am On Feb 22, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Imagine

See excuse!!!

Where did he mention igbo pls?
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Neroiam(m): 12:37am On Feb 22, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Does God even support incest? Do not tempt the Lord thy God.

First you said it's Oracle meting the punishment, now you're saying God. Which one should we take? Eh Madam..

Of course God doesn't support incest..

But in village of 2,000+ people you're saying everyone is related by blood and so mustn't marry.. Wakanda rubbish is that na

No worry, if you aren't married, let this fresh bobo from ur village come from US or Europe or even Ghana seff.. and proposes to you and because y'all from the same village, you tell him NO..

Na u go cry when ur small sister later marry am.
You'll wait for Oracle to kill them but Oracle no go do anything because Oracle no get level.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by uzohrome(m): 12:38am On Feb 22, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Why haven't you married your siblings or relatives? What are you waiting for?

Help me ask her ooh.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 22, 2020
72Morale:
No matter how stubborn and wise you think you are; Don't ever go against tradition and against your family wishes once it has to do with marriage.

Love isn't even one of the top 5 things to consider in marriage because it's just a self-deceptive word that does not contribute anything to a marriage.

This is the most stupid comment ever it seems that you are in the stone age all this practices are in the stone age this is modern day 21st century
Love is the most important factor in marriage d major reason why most marriages fail is cos of lack of love. Mehn you re such a dumb ass

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Airtimex(m): 12:39am On Feb 22, 2020
lilyheaven:

How can you say whites are better lovers? Yet they are divorcing @ every nonsense issues.
African love is unique, we are special kiss

I really wish we are, but is only a dream...

Divorce is everywhere and there are many situations which can lead to divorce. This doesn't change the fact that whites loves unconditionally, unlike Africans...

Most African marriages are enslavement...they don't care about your happiness. Just marry and bear children...
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Clinghton: 12:39am On Feb 22, 2020
Quite unfortunate we live in a country where culture is of more importance than emotion, if she is related to you through bloodline then you should avoid marriage

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by therajah: 12:42am On Feb 22, 2020
72Morale:
No matter how stubborn and wise you think you are; Don't ever go against tradition and against your family wishes once it has to do with marriage.

Love isn't even one of the top 5 things to consider in marriage because it's just a self-deceptive word that does not contribute anything to a marriage.
Which rubbish tradition is that one!
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Neroiam(m): 12:42am On Feb 22, 2020
uzohrome:

Same thing am asking... We are talking waitin go make sense dem dey bring eve and Adam join. Is the guy or the girl came from the same village with Adam or Eve? We all from Africa have culture and norms even some of us from eastern part of this country are culturally homogeneous. Remember this culture has been there for centuries. Sure culture can be altered to fit in with modern life but we must state the facts not coming up with my history book or documentary without proof. All these spiritual books was written via inspiration not knowing where the inspiration comes from. If you can stay silent and concentrate for a long time you will be inspired most times you will hear clear voices talking to you. Hypnosis happens all the time. What you hear will be differed from what another person hears. But one will come and force or make you Belive that what he had was original and you should believe it and practice it. I have read plenty spiritual books they are all good. We Dont have to be dogmatic or sentimental or irrational to our sense of humor. Bringing Adam and Eve is extremely nonsense to the subject of discuss.

What? You see this nigga?

Now i know your kinda person. It's cool sha.
Let those voices keep talking to you o... Na Cele u go see yourself very soon.. Dem go flog more craze enter ur head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Burnt To Death Beyond Recognition In Her House After Church (Graphic Pics) / I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.