Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano (45675 Views)

Why I Disagree With Southern Governors Call On Buhari For National Dialogue / Ali Ndume: "I Disagree With Creating Agency For Boko Haram" (video) / I Disagree With Chinua Achebe, The Trouble With Nigeria Is Not Politicians, But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2020
luluman:
Its very simple now: just almajirise all your children if you have any & the matter is settled.
You are a fool
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by luluman: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
FuckBots:

You are a fool
Does that mean you don't support almajiri again? Why the insult now. grin
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by nedekid: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
There was nothing like Nigeria 100 years ago
Let us all go back to our cities
Leave Judah alone
Let the igbos( Ghana cousins) also leave Lagos we want to be alone
Make Yoruba great again
Judah will be known
They will leave Lagos willingly sha be ready with cash to buy their houses at current market prices.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by jamace(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
How many of his children are almajiris? NONE.

How many fulanis have their children as almajiris? NONE

Conclusion: Almajiri system is religious deception by the fulanis and the elites in the north. Pure oppression of the down-trodden in the name of religion

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by OnyeOgboni: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
So in other words you support everyone going to form their own countries?Hence the end of Nigeria?
YorubaKinging:
There was nothing like Nigeria 100 years ago
Let us all go back to our cities
Leave Judah alone
Let the igbos( Ghana cousins) also leave Lagos we want to be alone
Make Yoruba great again
Judah will be known
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Overself: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
sarrki:
With this mentality among some elite in the north

I see north been the problem of it self

President Gej tried to take them out he was frustrated

Zombies like u,were d ones who frustrated him.
Spits

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by slowice(m): 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
Wetin consign me

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by AnanseK(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
Vortex369:
Custom ?
This man is proud of being a beggar..
lol

It’s a bad custom, but did he say that he is proud of being a BEGGAR, or you’re just a liar?
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Kdon2: 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
sarrki:
Almajiri is a system of Islamic education practiced in northern Nigeria. Almajiri derives from an Arabic word, rendered "al-Muhajirun" in English literal translation, meaning a person who leaves his home in search of Islamic knowledge.

Underaged children are mostly the victims they begged and cater for themselves at an early age
Some at age 5

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamugarba/status/1230902996957122562

This guy is one of the reason the north can never grow or prosper because they choose culture of backwardness over griwth.

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by delpee(f): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
The Emir of Kano was absolutely right. With this type of mindset, the majority up North can only sink deeper into poverty.

This man is comparing his privileged child who can have an Arabic teacher to himself to the poor, plate carrying almajiris on the street. A world apart indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by ashantitope: 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2020
Can someone ask this man how many of children are among them
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by tiredoflife(m): 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2020
delishpot:
Cos he knows that the answer to almajiri will mean they can't Mary and divorce at the rate their religion accepts for them to.

Almajiri is caused by poor people marrying numerous wives and birthing kids they can not care for. A man marries 4 wives, he gets tired of them(since his religion permits him to explore vaginas) he divorces 1 by saying so 3 times, kicks her out and brings in a new wife. Now his ex leaves her kids behind, goes to marry a new man. These innocent kids run away from the evil step mothers and go live in the streets, Almajiri is born. To curb it, the sexual excesses of the men esp as regards marrying numerous women they can not care for will be cut. These men will not agree.

Lies
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Angelfrost(m): 4:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
So, if it is such a rich custom or culture, why are the kids of the wealthy not equally involved??! Why only or mostly the hungry, starving children of the poor??!... What a region!!!

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by writeprof(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
Typical mindset of the educated and political elites from his side of the Niger area while they ship their children abroad. Can he compare the environment where his son is 'studying' to the ones millions of 'slaves' children' under their captivity are learning. How is Almajiri the culture of Northern Nigeria Muslims and not that of the original owners of the religion- SAUDI ARABIA?

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by eodavids(m): 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
sarrki:
Almajiri is a system of Islamic education practiced in northern Nigeria. Almajiri derives from an Arabic word, rendered "al-Muhajirun" in English literal translation, meaning a person who leaves his home in search of Islamic knowledge.

Underaged children are mostly the victims they begged and cater for themselves at an early age
Some at age 5

The son Adamu is using as example here is well dressed, well housed and well fed. How do you compare this with the typical Almajiris on the streets of Kano, Kaduna, Zaria, Sokoto, zamfara, kebbi, Bauchi, Kastina, Gombe, Yola, etc?

Hypocrisy is what is hampering progress in our country. Many of the almajiris on the streets of northern Nigeria are not just malnourished. They are unwell, many with physical ailments without attention from the "Mallam" in whose care they are supposed to be.

Two days ago, I saw in the street of one of the States in Northern Nigeria, a young boy of about 7years whose both legs are ridden with open wounds. Round on each leg. I even snapped the leg and posted on Facebook, drawing attention to the plight of the young child. The little I was able to do was sending a friend, fellow northern Muslim who took the boy to a drug store where medications were bought for him. One for surface application to stop the itching which prevents the boy from sleeping at night, and the other for oral application.

Mallam Adamu do not know the plights of the Almajiri children in Nigeria in as much as his child's Quranic study is (in his opinion) the same with Almajiri conditions.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by delishpot: 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
tiredoflife:

Lies

#Yinmu
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by eodavids(m): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
writeprof:
Typical mindset of the educated and political elites from his side of the Niger area while they ship their children abroad. Can he compare the environment where his son is 'studying' to the ones millions of 'slaves' children' under their captivity are learning. How is Almajiri the culture of Northern Nigeria Muslims and not that of the original owners of the religion- SAUDI ARABIA?

You last statement is the BIG POINT

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
Hin eyes like tatabara....

Listen Mallam Adamu, no be every "Malo" gbadun that magana banza wey you just yarn now now...
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by bkool7(m): 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Marine54:
Islam is a cursed ! Foolishness , when does child abuse became a pride.....

How many Alimanjiri are in Saudi Arabia?

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by paxonel(m): 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2020
sarrki:

Some at age 5

In this system of teaching children the Quran, can these children be admitted into the university from the almajiri school?
Are these children learning mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, economics, Geography, agriculture, accounting, commerce along with the Quran in the almajiri system?

If they are not, then it is stupid scheme it will never be well with that kind of culture, northern Nigeria is coursed and the region is terribly drawing Nigeria as a whole backward

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by henryudgrt(m): 4:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
Nigerian are in problem, In Abuja I see their Hausa big men and this young children I cry, northern is it the ur best and ur contribution for this country... and this fool they talk tradition... Muslim is a mistake .
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by tabaski: 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
What is this fool saying? So KSA practice this type of Al muhajirun in seeking for knowledge? This northerners won't cease to amaze me.Tueh
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Bekool(m): 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
sarrki:

Some at age 5

If u people really want reforms why did the north abandon all the almajiri schools built by gej to rot away?.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
May his children and his generation unborn end up as an amajiri. Idiot
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by baysherpsyche: 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
Waoh, so Yusuf, Fatima, Zahra et al used that almajiri certificate to go to school in UK.
Tradition my foot, if the Northern elites can avoid it then it has to be abolished like other archaic 'culture'

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Ladycewhy(f): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
Dear Southerners stop giving northern beggars money,if they want to starve to death on the streets let them or better still let them follow tomatos lorries back to their States.

You can only save a person who wants to be saved as it stands northerners like their life and are quite happy the way they are. They are better left in the 18th century while their elites feed fat off their stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by eyinjuege: 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
Muslims in the South west send their children to quranic schools, either in the evenings after their formal school, or during the weekends.
These children learn the Quran, and do it wonderfully too, unless their scholars are too harsh on them then they start running away from Arabic school.
Every child in the north should be with their parents and in regular school. After school, they can go to their scholars for lessons. The children of the rich northern men also learnt the Quran and are even better reading it than those under the almajiranci system
When they live with their scholars, they are starved and made to beg because there's no way the mallam can feed them all without a source of money

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by sulaak(m): 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
Almajiri is not Northern Nigeria culture, it's more like a poor adoption of Arabic madrassa school system.

In South-Western Nigeria they have Koranic study every Friday evening for a couple of hours.

At school Muslim student has the choice to select Islamic religious knowledge as an elective in primary and secondary school. The simple solution is to do away with Almajiri school and copy the South West Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by AOB1: 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
FuckBots:
yes. if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.
it is clear that almajiri has been existent for decades and nobody said a thing. why is it now suddenly an issue? I support this man. almajiri gives cheap labour which provides a good amount of productivity in Nigeria.
you are a fool, you guys are the problem of this country
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by StreetFight: 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2020
Some people are still living because it is illegal to kill.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by PicLtd: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
The North is a cankerworm. A brutal war will be needed for the rest of country to undo the evil of Lugard. They are seriously breathing down on the neck of the rest of country and like leeches they are not ready to go away.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by eyinjuege: 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
The mallams/scholars should be held responsible for any child under them, that is not in a formal school. After school hours, they can go back to him for tutoring.
If he fails to send them to government school, he should be arrested.
Secondly, if he feels he cannot cope with the finances of these children, then their parents should be made to pay monthly fees for their feeding, clothing and accommodation otherwise their children go back to them.
The only way I support the government getting involved is by arresting mallams who don't send their wards to school and parents who also don't. They can support the mallams by pursuing parents who fail to send the mallams feeding fees for their children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers In Victory Mood On The Battlefield (Photos) / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / 9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.