Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,846 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano (45677 Views)

Why I Disagree With Southern Governors Call On Buhari For National Dialogue / Ali Ndume: "I Disagree With Creating Agency For Boko Haram" (video) / I Disagree With Chinua Achebe, The Trouble With Nigeria Is Not Politicians, But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by klever18(m): 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
wtf? Trekking to mecca for pilgrimage in the olden days was a culture but u see the so called northern elite are boarding first class plane to mecca now.
almijiri was practice in olden days because there were shortage of mallams.now that there are enough mallam i think it should be abolished.

if u live close to almajiri skul in the north you will know that this children dont know zilch.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Badmod: 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
Poverty is your pride.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by XklusivGistBlog(m): 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
Didnt Jona build them schools?
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by omowolewa: 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
That's it, confused set of people.

Begging and roaming the street is what this one is supporting. Giving birth without taking responsibility is what this one tags North.

Better wake up and visit the Northern elites, see how sound their children are.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Afolabimills(m): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
Adamu d idiot
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Zico5(m): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by carterguccy(m): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
G
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by sharpshap(m): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
Alhaji Adamu or what ever you are called..... Are your kids also almajiri? If "YES" then the emir is wrong
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by sapientia(m): 2:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
This man should be investigated vis-a-vis Boko Haram.

I have a hunch he is one of the many Northern Sponsors.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Babalegba(m): 2:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
budaatum:
Gradually, democracy will help us weed out the chaff so the wheat may grow.

See how Garba is an ex-Senator and please remember at election how hard we must all work to ensure he is never reelected.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamu_Garba_Talba?wprov=sfla1
It is actually better for the other regions to work out a way of isolating the north so they could have their own country and do as they please. They are holding the rest of the country back.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Prophet777: 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
Exactly one the reasons why the progress of your region has remained stunted. Poverty in your region is alarming and insecurity is on the increase.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Auxtin85(m): 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
These people have chosen to remain backward, there’s nothing anyone can do about it, imagine what a supposed northern elite is twitting.

No wonder they always introduce bills from 11th century
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by AreaFada2: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ok we now see why the campaign of calumny against GEJ who tried to educate their almajiri in the Western way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Karemarealty288(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
We are Alhamajiri graduates ...let's go for Alhamajiri-PHD....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by salbis(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
And to think this one had intentions of becoming Nigerian president, speaks volume. Some Aboki's mindset no be here oo.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by wink2015(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Almajiri is a system of Islamic education practiced in northern Nigeria. Almajiri derives from an Arabic word, rendered "al-Muhajirun" in English literal translation, meaning a person who leaves his home in search of Islamic knowledge.

Underaged children are mostly the victims they begged and cater for themselves at an early age
Some at age 5

Almajiranci is our pride and our honor. Yes! we agreed that the program should be reformed but it should not be condemned. No sane society will destroy its culture but seek to reform. All advanced countries value their heritage, why not us?

I disagree with Emir of Kano on this.

It’s God’s destiny that children are birthed to their specific parents & it’s their responsibility to shape the vision of who their child might grow to be

They chose Almajiranci. The want their children to profess Quran, how is that a crime?

They’re also Nigerians with choice.

If not for hypocrisy, some of you send their children to nursery school as young as a year old, yet you condemn the practice of almajiri. You send your kids to boarding school, yet you asked parents of almajiri to keep their kids under them. How do you want them to learn?

Most of you just don’t get it.

You kept confusing almajiranci with street begging. Street begging is not requirements for genuine Almajiranci.

If Govt can provide feeding program for students of other schools & allow boarding, why not to almajiri too? Are they not Nigerians?

Sometimes when I see the fake news peddlers like Work Bank or IMF calling some 10 million out of school children from the north, Very fake news.

Most of these kids are almajirai & they go to almajiri schools, if they really care about them, they should invest in reforming them.

Why would someone chose to asked a father of children who wished to send their wards to learn Quran to be arrested? Wasn’t that insensitive?

We should be guided accordingly.

Almajiri is who we are, where we came from. We should not be ashamed of associating with almajiri & condemning them to obscurity. Almajiri’s are sons & daughters, they are human, they are, above all, Nigerians.

They are students, unlike you, they chose the Quran, respect them.

My son, Bapetel, 7 proudly studying Quran in a typical almajiri way, using his Allo. This was in my house in Yola.

In doing so, he’s continuing a tradition of his family.

Real almajiris don’t beg. Begging was a bad practice introduced in almajiranci. It needs reform not ban.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamugarba/status/1230902996957122562

WHAT IS THIS ABOKI DEFENDING?

He is grossly ignorant defending a failed system in the northern part of Nigeria.

An Emir in the person of Sanussi have come to educate their people up north.

He is coming to condemn Sanussi.

For how long will the north continue to be BREAST FED BY THE SOUTH?

For how long will the north continue to remain a liability to the south.

COME TO THE SOUTH particulary most of the street, it is northerners that are presenting doing street okada riding motor cycle transport business to eke out a living.

POVERTY IN THE NORTH IS SO HARSH.

One sees the Almajiri phenomenon when you go to NYSC orientation camp.

THE NORTHERN KIDS ARE ALL OVER THE CAMP SPOILING FOR THEIR OWN SHARE OF FOOD EATEN BY YOUTH CORPERS.

Yet the northern political leadership do not want to admit these realities and facts.

KUDOS TO EMIR SANUSSI FOR SPEAKING A TIMELY TRUTH.

NORTHERNERS NEED TO AMEND THEIR WAYS OR THEY ARE GOING TO SUFFER MORE MISERY AND POVERTY.

THEY HAVE PRODUCED SO MANY CHILDREN UNDER THE GUISE OF RELIGION.

THESE CHILDREN THEY CAN NOT MAINTAIN AND THEY ARE PROBLEM TO OTHER REGIONS OF THE COUNTRY.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Passionate888: 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
sarrki:
With this mentality among some elite in the north

I see north been the problem of it self

President Gej tried to take them out he was frustrated

Oluwa ehhhhh
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by cRobo: 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
I won't say a word
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by budaatum: 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Babalegba:
It is actually better for the other regions to work out a way of isolating the north so they could have their own country and do as they please. They are holding the rest of the country back.
No it isn't. Even if you build a wall, they will still trouble you and hold you back.

I guess you fail to see that the people you accuse of holding you back are being held back themselves.

Educate them, is the solution. Once they are educated they will get rid of the Garbage that is holding them back and will stop holding you back too.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by ma373733(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
That will help destroy the north more
I support you gringrin

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by deboysben(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
masterP042:
These northerners don't have any plans for their people, not to talk of having for Nigeria.
But some wicked people because of 2023 ticket would happily dine with these devils because of their personal interests.
who are those people u are talking about?
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Olamywealth10: 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
foolish man, howw many of ur children are members of the almajiri? u deserved been stoned to death.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by nomoreslavery(f): 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
That this guy was once a presidential candidate surprises me, Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by deboysben(m): 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2020
delishpot:
Cos he knows that the answer to almajiri will mean they can't Mary and divorce at the rate their religion accepts for them to.

Almajiri is caused by poor people marrying numerous wives and birthing kids they can not care for. A man marries 4 wives, he gets tired of them(since his religion permits him to explore vaginas) he divorces 1 by saying so 3 times, kicks her out and brings in a new wife. Now his ex leaves her kids behind, goes to marry a new man. These innocent kids run away from the evil step mothers and go live in the streets, Almajiri is born. To curb it, the sexual excesses of the men esp as regards marrying numerous women they can not care for will be cut. These men will not agree.
excelent point

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by clockwisereport: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
budaatum:
Gradually, democracy will help us weed out the chaff so the wheat may grow.

See how Garba is an ex-Senator and please remember at election how hard we must all work to ensure he is never reelected.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamu_Garba_Talba?wprov=sfla1

this one is Adamu Garba of IPI Solutions. He wanted to contest for president of Nigeria in 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by omobaba1759: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
Fnny part is that, people like this are either brought up in a western country or even planning to send his so called 7 years old son to study in the western country.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by israelmao(m): 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
Poverty and violence are also your pride.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by Orubebe01: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
Marine54:
Islam is a cursed ! Foolishness , when does child abuse became a pride.....
No wonder they concurred that Islam a bad.
Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
If Almajiranci or whatever silly sounding word you called it, is really your pride and honour, then, it stands to reason that illiteracy, poverty, backwardness, street begging, primitiveness, and terrorism(those boys are willing recruits to Boko Haram), are equally your pride and honour. What a region! No wonder the country has been in this awful state, considering that fact that it has mostly been ruled by people from this particular region. To those still hanging on, this is a clear message that there's no light at the end of the tunnel. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
Right from my childhood I knw adamu is a name for foolish people and this particular Ediot has proved me right, can he send his own children to almajirici Hell no.... At times i wonder what use are notherner Nigeria are to us, reform who those little rascals What happened to over 150 almajirici schools jonathan built before leaving office, those rascals left the schools and returned back to the street , u can take a donkey to the streem but u dont force it to drink, the headleas chicken buhari is their brother, rhey should ask him why he didnt continue with the program, after all he's one of almajirici beneficiary he claimed to power with the help of almajirici , why won't they kick against it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sani Garba Gusau, Zamfara Governorship Aspirant (Photos) / PHOTO - Who Was This Senator Reporting To Buhari In Saraki's Presence? / Governor Fayose Climbs A Caterpillar To Hail His People In Ekiti (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.