Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Platonic Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Platonic Relationships (1630 Views)

7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Platonic Relationships by chimmyf(f): 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
I desperately need advise. I have this friend, a guy and we've been friends over the years. We are very close, infact, he is the only one i can call a friend. We have shared so many secrets together, been through stuff together. Recently, we started making out but after few weeks, i become uncomfortable with it and asked to stop. He said he was ok with it but then, his attitude changed from then. He stopped calling(he used to call 3 or more times a day). I tried to reach out to him but his response was very cold. Eventually, he visited after a week of silence. We talked about the whole issue and he said he doesnt know if our friendship is right, that his friend had said that i am a lesbian. I didnt say anything and he left my house angrily. Since then, we have not spoken to each other, not even chatted on social media. I miss him badly, i know he misses me too. What should i do? Should i call him or ignore him for a while?
Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Platonic Relationships by SpyAC(m): 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
But u be lesy?
Re: Platonic Relationships by chimmyf(f): 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
SpyAC:
But u be lesy?

No, I'm not
Re: Platonic Relationships by Atlanticfire: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2020
chimmyf:
I desperately need advise. I have this friend, a guy and we've been friends over the years. We are very close, infact, he is the only one i can call a friend. We have shared so many secrets together, been through stuff together. Recently, we started making out but after few weeks, i become uncomfortable with it and asked to stop. He said he was ok with it but then, his attitude changed from then. He stopped calling(he used to call 3 or more times a day). I tried to reach out to him but his response was very cold. Eventually, he visited after a week of silence. We talked about the whole issue and he said he doesnt know if our friendship is right, that his friend had said that i am a lesbian. I didnt say anything and he left my house angrily. Since then, we have not spoken to each other, not even chatted on social media. I miss him badly, i know he misses me too. What should i do? Should i call him or ignore him for a while?
Thanks in anticipation.

What do you mean when you said that you were making out recently?

Did you have sex with him? What really happened?
Re: Platonic Relationships by Phosphorus666(m): 9:18am On Feb 23, 2020
The guy has lost the focus of the relationship; he is presently infatuated with the thoughts of having you on bed. This is unfortunate. He owes you apology for thinking you are a lesbian and for insinuating that you must let him bed you if you aren't a lesbian. That's psychological abuse and breach of privacy. Ignore him and never agree to his advances. You can sex him if you want, but you may regret afterward because you'll realize he only used you. Ignore him and find companionship in God.
Re: Platonic Relationships by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 23, 2020
Hehehe local man don collect him 3 point. Local man don vamoose.

2 Likes

Re: Platonic Relationships by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 23, 2020
He has taken what he wants na. What kinda r/ship is this? There are hardly male and female besties that don't have sex.

Sorry for your loss but he's gone.
Re: Platonic Relationships by Basenet: 9:38am On Feb 23, 2020
I went through the same thing a couple of years back. I will tell my story below, but in the meantime, if you're a digital marketer looking for a full time job, the role of Digital Marketing Associate is open and looking for candidates.

The ideal candidate loves to read, is very hany with computers, can work with little supervision is self-driven.

Work from home or work from the office, your call.

Get your work done and go home;

Laidback environment;

Bonuses and allowance.

Check out the job posting and application link below. I encourage you to apply if you think it will be a good fit for you.
https://forms.gle/TKVdGPqw1gJsJRPR9

Re: Platonic Relationships by Teel012(m): 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
chimmyf:
Thanks in anticipation.

How many years have u been friends? Are u in a serious relationship? Is he in a serious relationship? Search ur heart, is he really just a friend or more? Answer these questions and u'll be at peace.
Re: Platonic Relationships by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
chimmyf:

No, I'm not
Hello chimmy, I've replied your dm
Re: Platonic Relationships by Bluezy13(m): 4:51am On Mar 31, 2020
Perfectdanny:
Hehehe local man don collect him 3 point. Local man don vamoose.

Re: Platonic Relationships by Omobada(m): 8:39am On Mar 31, 2020
Perfectdanny:
He has taken what he wants na. What kinda r/ship is this? There are hardly male and female besties that don't have sex.

Sorry for your loss but he's gone.
Read and understand before commenting. She is the one who stopped relationship in the first place not the guy.
Re: Platonic Relationships by stanliwise(m): 8:54am On Mar 31, 2020
chimmyf:
Thanks in anticipation.
Make up your mind.
Are you his friend with benefit?
Are you his lover?
Are you just his friend?

You cannot be two of this option at a time, you can only be one.

Your answer determine what your action will be
Re: Platonic Relationships by wallymore(m): 10:10am On Mar 31, 2020
Bae...u Neva really tell us the real truth abt your relationship and secret talk u have share to him before he concluded u are a lesbian. Those secret u tel him u have to tell the house, if u want good judgment on what to do. Take this the fact
Re: Platonic Relationships by Dukeking(m): 6:41pm On May 02, 2020
chimmyf:
Thanks in anticipation.

Try going to his house, if you like him this much and you guys are close then you don't want to lose him
Make him see why you're not lesbo and make him see why you love him
Re: Platonic Relationships by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 02, 2020
Had a male friend like that always hanging around just for an opportunity for me to be vulnerable. I thought he was my friend, i was wrong.

Please find another friend to talk to and ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: Platonic Relationships by Dukeking(m): 8:01pm On May 02, 2020
Faysuze:
Had a male friend like that always hanging around just for an opportunity for me to be vulnerable. I thought he was my friend, i was wrong.

Please find another friend to talk to and ignore him.

True there are a lot of guys who want you for your body but not all of them are the same

1 Like

Re: Platonic Relationships by stupidmod2: 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2021
chimmyf:

No, I'm not
yes u are, why deny

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Lying To Me (2) / Why You Should Stay Away From Anger (PICTURES) / The First Ever Thread On Nairaland Not From Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.