Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (41854 Views)

Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka / 2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by anonimi: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2020
SoNature:
Again, you have raised a good point, but you tend to limit Nigeria's problem to her electoral process. Sadly, it transcends election.

I need to remind you that the essence of election is selecting the popular candidates through a credible process. Now ask yourself, does Nigeria have sincere politicans? If yes, who are they?

Again, the problem of Nigeria is not the system but the people. There are countries with very weak systems, but they keep progressing because the people love their country and are ready to make sacrifices to see her grow. That's obviously not the case here.

A Nigerian mind is full of negative energy (this is scary!) and will do anything to undermine any positive process the INEC initiates. Nothing works in a country where most of its youths are looking to ruin its progress just for personal gains.

Well said boss.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by seunmsg(m): 8:53am On Feb 24, 2020
SciLab:

Yes as long as it comes to the South East. Since the SW have been president and VP for a cummulative 16 years.

It will come to the south irrespective of whether south east gets it or not. South east is in no position to stop the return of power to the south.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by angelicwing: 8:58am On Feb 24, 2020
Goldencheese:

This is an opportunity for the south to discuss afresh the terms of our national liaison with the north. The worst of the worst of southerners will accomplish better than Buhari of course but on a badly laid foundation cannot do much.
How well did GEJ from the South perform?
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 24, 2020
Power is coming to the South and Tinubu is taken it......The southern traitors and haters of Tinubu should intensify their campaigns of hate and bitterness.....we will purnish their sins accordingly.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by bluecircle470: 9:05am On Feb 24, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Lol, grin Tinubu thinks he's smart.

If you could recall, the short Kaduna demon visited Bola Ahmed Tinubu at his Bourdilion residence few months ago... That visit was not just an ordinary visit, Tinubu used it as an opportunity to strike a deal with El-rufai to sell his 2023 ambition to the North.

But I trust the Arewa mafia's...

Only the PDP sycophants says rubbish like this in the comfort of there 1 room apartment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Sweeetheart(m): 9:07am On Feb 24, 2020
Esseite:
Our politics is too expensive to get the right kind of leaders in, and the Nation has grown poorer to even enable that in the closest future..

Solution:
Enact into the constitution a point based election system, the higher a voters educational level, the higher your number of vote alongside the zoning dichotomy between the North and South still in place.

Primary school cert and below - 1 vote.
Secondary School cert - 2 votes.
Graduate - 3 votes.

Benefits:
- You encourage education 100%, which brings about innovations, ideas and problem solving..
- The chances of the right candidate increases at a very high percentage.
- You encourage birth control on quality not quantity..
- You give more voting power to the educated..
- You discourage vote buying aswell..
- The politicians would begin to seek integrity over popularity..
- the purpose of populating to win elections would be gone which adversely affects the Nation.
- 4 graduate votes would equal 12 primary school cert holder votes.

We really need to start thinking outside the box

in a country that's dominated by majorly illiterate? Awolowo and co have made more than this suggestion and nothing is changing

restructuring or splitting Nigeria into two or three is the only hope of human development in this country.

Centralization had failed us

military and Democratic system of govt had failed us
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Zeesugar(f): 9:12am On Feb 24, 2020
Zoning has not really been of help to us.
We just have to put that aside
And elect leaders base on their capacity intellect, character and passed performance in their previous place of assignment
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by SciLab: 9:16am On Feb 24, 2020
seunmsg:

It will come to the south irrespective of whether south east gets it or not. South east is in no position to stop the return of power to the south.

If it's not coming to the SE, then forget it Sir. The SW have had their turn..
The SESS bloc are politically homogenous enough to ensure it stays North if the SW won't give way for equity.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 24, 2020
Sweeetheart:

in a country that's dominated by majorly illiterate? Awolowo and co have made more than this suggestion and nothing is changing

restructuring or splitting Nigeria into two or three is the only hope of human development in this country.

Centralization had failed us

military and Democratic system of govt had failed us

But when the illiterates get to find they are disadvantaged, people would begin to see the resources spent on 12 illiterates would be better spent on 4 graduates..
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by 7lives: 9:26am On Feb 24, 2020
soberdrunk:
The solution to all this is simple, a modified 'regional government'---- 3 presidents from each of the major regions and they will all answer to the senate, each region conducts their own election base

d on National guidelines. Some people might scream 'cost' but that can be solved by degrading the expensive gubernatorial offices and election I.e governors will no longer be elected but appointed based on 'qualification' and merit.

Three regional government was cancelled, so why not six regional government?.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by 7lives: 9:33am On Feb 24, 2020
Urchman200:
erufai did not mention voting, he said in the spirit of equity and fairness power should go back to south, u insult others but the genesis of the problem is from lots like u,if u say the north should not have it the second time based on the spirit of equity and fairness, and u know the igbos has not had a share of it and u here campaigning for the west to have it again who are u?are not promoting injustice in ur own little way?there should be a country built on equity and fairness not on voting patterns, u are a young man always stand on the part of justice which ever divide u belong to ,injustice to one is a treat to justice to many.

In the spirit justice and fairness, others should hand over the fruit if their labour to you?.
You people have a long way to go, even God will not allow this rubbish to happen.
Anyway what is the contribution your people to the emergence of the APC government?.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Sirjamo: 9:42am On Feb 24, 2020
Urchman200:
erufai did not mention voting, he said in the spirit of equity and fairness power should go back to south, u insult others but the genesis of the problem is from lots like u,if u say the north should not have it the second time based on the spirit of equity and fairness, and u know the igbos has not had a share of it and u here campaigning for the west to have it again who are u?are not promoting injustice in ur own little way?there should be a country built on equity and fairness not on voting patterns, u are a young man always stand on the part of justice which ever divide u belong to ,injustice to one is a treat to justice to many.
Have you been fair to the rest of Nigeria? Especially Hausa and Yoruba. You mock the north with all of it problems. You call Buhari all sorts of names and insult him at the slightest opportunity. You insult and abuse all Yoruba leaders dead or alive. From Awolowo to Abiola, Tinubu, Osinbajo, Laid Mohammed etc. Even if I want you in Aso Rock, I do not have the power to make it happen. God aside, those are some of the people who can do it and you people have practically destroy your chances by your unnecessary hatred for Hausa and Yoruba!!!
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by 7lives: 9:44am On Feb 24, 2020
TheRareGem1:

One thing about Northerners, agreement is agreement. I never expected this from Mallam but it is commendable. As pressure get intense towards 2023 election, I urge APC should pick someone with impeccable character, capable and hardworking to flag bear them to victory. Man with vision

This is what I keep telling those who care to listen, it is better not to make an agreement, than to make it an refused to honor it.
Some people in this country will just not understand why agreement is sacred, even God is a promise keeper.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by mmauton: 9:51am On Feb 24, 2020
So now we have reduced it to two geo-political Zone? Whoever says these Northerners are now smart... Las las we go get brain...
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by 7lives: 9:53am On Feb 24, 2020
Sirjamo:
Have you been fair to the rest of Nigeria? Especially Hausa and Yoruba. You mock the north with all of it problems. You call Buhari all sorts of names and insult him at the slightest opportunity. You insult and abuse all Yoruba leaders dead or alive. From Awolowo to Abiola, Tinubu, Osinbajo, Laid Mohammed etc. Even if I want you in Aso Rock, I do not have the power to make it happen. God aside, those are some of the people who can do it and you people have practically destroy your chances by your unnecessary hatred for Hausa and Yoruba!!!

Don't mind them, shebi dem still get their ogbunigwe guns, they will need millions of it, to force people to vote them, at gunpoint.
You wake up every morning to insult others and still want them to put you in charge of their lives, awon werey.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by AssistntBoyfrnd(m): 10:09am On Feb 24, 2020
Esseite:
Our politics is too expensive to get the right kind of leaders in, and the Nation has grown poorer to even enable that in the closest future..

Solution:
Enact into the constitution a point based election system, the higher a voters educational level, the higher your number of vote alongside the zoning dichotomy between the North and South still in place.

Graduate - 3 votes.

Benefits:
- You encourage education 100%, which brings about innovations, ideas and problem solving..
- the purpose of populating to win elections would be gone which adversely affects the Nation.

Underrated Talk.

I can see us achieving something better with this but then as it wont favor our politicians, it can never happen.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:11am On Feb 24, 2020
tsephanyah:
We will support Osibanjo for president in 2023 or any other SW politician with good records.. but not Tinubu. if SW decided to give us Tinubu we will go for PDP's candidates
who are "we"?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by seunmsg(m): 10:13am On Feb 24, 2020
SciLab:

If it's not coming to the SE, then forget it Sir. The SW have had their turn..
The SESS bloc are politically homogenous enough to ensure it stays North if the SW won't give way for equity.

Keep deceiving yourself. If south east wants the presidency, they should put up a candidate. If not, that’s there cup of tea. Other parts of the south will contest and ensure the presidency returns to the south. South east cannot hold the rest of Nigeria to ransom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Talkwisdom(m): 10:26am On Feb 24, 2020
Simplebeauty:
grin grin

He is just pulling Tinubu's legs

Do you know I give cheap loans?
How is it possible?
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Merit123(m): 10:32am On Feb 24, 2020
I trust you angry
punisha:
sad

This short man isn't up-to any good.
I can bet my balls on this.

Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by ogmask: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2020
Esseite:

Solution:

Graduate - 3 votes.

Benefits:

What has our graduate state electorate, govs and well read national assembly leadership done for us with all their educational certificate?
my brother, the problem is not lack or dearth of education but that thing in every Nigerian that drives them to do the direct opposite as soon as power is handed to them.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Fariq: 10:40am On Feb 24, 2020
tsephanyah:
We will support Osibanjo for president in 2023 or any other SW politician with good records.. but not Tinubu. if SW decided to give us Tinubu we will go for PDP's candidates

Well for me I don't have other problem with Tinubu, but I cannot vote for Fashola.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by NothingDoMe: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2020
tsephanyah:
Osinbajo will do well. He has my vote.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by SciLab: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2020
seunmsg:

Keep deceiving yourself. If south east wants the presidency, they should put up a candidate. If not, that’s there cup of tea. Other parts of the south will contest and ensure the presidency returns to the south. South east cannot hold the rest of Nigeria to ransom.

Power staying North (due to your greed) or coming to the South East to your chagrin is not enough to hold Nigeria to ransom.
Afterall rotation is not constitutional, when you dribble yourself into political loss and then start lamenting, we'll throw you the books.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 24, 2020
ogmask:

What has our graduate state electorate, govs and well read national assembly leadership done for us with all their educational certificate?
my brother, the problem is not lack or dearth of education but that thing in every Nigerian that drives them to do the direct opposite as soon as power is handed to them.

When the educated have a higher say, we would be able to bring in unknown crop of leaders that better suites the purpose.. rather than recycled politicians without purpose.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 24, 2020
Esseite:

Solution:

Graduate - 3 votes.

Benefits:
- the purpose of populating to win elections would be gone which has adversely affected the Nation.

I beg to differ.
1. Being a graduate or acquiring formal education is not the only valid measuring tool for a citizens political awareness.There are graduates who can't spell their names nor even know the national anthem.

2.It will encourage a high degree of nepotism in gaining admission and further diminish the existing social fibre that holds this nation.

3. With all the professor emeritus we have in Nigeria,and occupying top positions in all the arms of government,Nigeria still remains underdeveloped.

4. I recommend Nigeria should establish an electoral college just as it is practiced in the USA.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Bekool(m): 11:28am On Feb 24, 2020
Islie:
…Says no justification for Northerner to take over after Buhari’s 8 years

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/why-presidency-should-return-to-south-in-2023-by-el-rufai/

If this news is true it's going to be the very first time am reading something that makes sense from el-rufai.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2020
veteranExboy:

I beg to differ.
1. Being a graduate or acquiring formal education is not the only valid measuring tool for a citizens political awareness.There are graduates who can't spell their names nor even know the national anthem.

2.It will encourage a high degree of nepotism in gaining admission and further diminish the existing social fibre that holds this nation.

3. With all the professor emeritus we have in Nigeria,and occupying top positions in all the arms of government,Nigeria still remains underdeveloped.

4. I recommend Nigeria should establish an electoral college just as it is practiced in the USA.

Good points raised:

1 - The purpose lies on enabling educationaly smarter individuals having a higher edge than those whom have not.. yes we may have graduates who know nothing, but that number cannot be compared to non graduates who know nothing.. moreover education has not cap or age limit, short courses abound everywhere..

2 - No its does not destroy the social fibre neither does it encourage nepotism, rather its reduces over population and brings about birth control of quality over quantity thereby having infrastrustures go round for the controlled population.

3 - it's not in electing professors and all, the purpose is on more educationally inclined people making a good percentage of elective positions.

4 - electoral college may not be able to work in Nigeria, it's like giving presidential election to senators and house of assembly to nominate. moreover the same politicians we are trying to eliminate would champion the electoral college, and the cycle goes round again.
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by nicason(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2020
You can never be VP
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by ekusma: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
Rt Hon Chibuike Amaechi our Hope for 2023...
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by mrkia(m): 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
El-Rufai is a strategist. He's trying to be a running mate of either S. East or S. South candidate....lol
Re: El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 by ProWalker: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Lol, grin Tinubu thinks he's smart.

If you could recall, the short Kaduna demon visited Bola Ahmed Tinubu at his Bourdilion residence few months ago... That visit was not just an ordinary visit, Tinubu used it as an opportunity to strike a deal with El-rufai to sell his 2023 ambition to the North.

But I trust the Arewa mafia's...

Tinubu is your nemesis and will remain so till you quench

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To US Govt’s Visa Ban On Some Nigerian Politicians / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.