Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial (65005 Views)

Olisa Metuh Attends The Matriculation Of His Adopted Child In Abuja Wit Crutches / Olisa Metuh Laughing In Ekweremadu's House (Photo) / Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Odunolumide(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Those who steal billions get fewer jail sentence than those who steal thousands. This life no balance right from the beginning.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by danielsunky(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Do we now continue allowing these people bring further division? We just need to use every avenue to promote peace and accommodate one another.
cucumbae:
Are we not divided already with this ethnic bias and cleansing under this Islamic regime?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by chigoizie7(m): 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
emmykk:
Dasuki is at home while other southern thieves are going to jail

If all the southern leaders that are being sent to jails, never stole, if they all had worked perfectly well with the funds at their disposal, from 1999-2020. By now, southern Nigeria would have been the best place to live in with jobs and so many amenities and so many people living there. People who can influence the policies of the nation.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Basic123: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Smhaykins:

Z buhari a judge...

Ow many yrs has dasuki n elzakyzaky dat has not been sentenced by d court, spent in prison..

I dislike Bihari like shit...but it surprises me when u cry cos someone dat ruined ur future z bin punished

Are they not the one defending danzuki and el zakizaki hear and there

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by SoulB6: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:
Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

Mention any former governor or federal Minister.

Before some of you will come here to rant like an ant.

I am not against jailing corrupt politicians. I dont know Metu or Orji Kalu.

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians

So you are not in Nigeria when Dasuki was held in prison

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Dollabiz: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Without parole without appeal
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Lastanza: 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
fergie001:
For me honestly, it's a fair deal

He should count himself lucky....(7 years), with 4 gone?
4gone? Was he in prison while the trial lasted. I thought the terms should start from the day of conviction. And please any room for appeal?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by fk002: 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
AerialMapper:

Okay, thank you for the information. So i got one out of five wrong.

Tell me about the other 4

So you want PMB to prosecute Abba kyari? What did he steal? Even if he did what you were accusing him of he I am very sure the next government that will come to power will investigate him the same way this administration did to Metuh and Co.

As for Ganduje, he is a seating governor he has immunity only his house of assembly has the capacity to impeach him. Wait and see what will happen to him if his immunity expire.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by fergie001: 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lastanza:

4gone? Was he in prison while the trial lasted. I thought the terms should start from the day of conviction
I just edited....that one will be counted too

Yes, he can appeal...but he is a lucky man tbh
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by GreenArrow1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:
Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians

What a slowpoke!

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by phrancys001(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
[Babachai lawal ;Dquote author=Built2last post=86947142]Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by GamalNasser: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
kerzhim:
These people have injured this country beyond reasonable doubt.

Finally, justice is served after series of drama.
I am patiently waiting to read from PDP. Let them come and tell us how the case will be review.
Awon set looting geng!

Shut up there , did he loot more than Tinubu or Fashole

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by TemmyT002(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ghost7:
Finally.
What happened to the petition that was sent to the EFCC concerning the bullion vans that were seen entering Tinubu's house on election eve?

They are still investigating.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by carpdiemz: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
pafra:
Good

This is good for the fight against corruption. Even if it is witch hunt. When it's PDP turn to rule let them witch hunt all of APC members. By so doing 70% of the politicians must have gone to jail

Let them start from there yuh head dey there
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by GreenArrow1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
AerialMapper:

It is easier to name those who have not been convicted despite being fingered for corruption

Babachir "Grasscutter"

Maina "Pension crook"

Nasir Danu "Money Launderer"

Abba Kyari "MTN chopper"

Ganduje "Agbada stuffer"

Is it really Buhari that jailed Olisa Metuh or Justice Abang? How some of you reason like this and are still able to type legibly is a miracle.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by chosengocap: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
bonnyhope:

The question you should ask is? Is Metuh guilty or not?
What about Mena who is still walking freely just because he is a muslim ?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by gaskiyamagana: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
bonnyhope:

The question you should ask is?
Is Metuh guilty or not?
Get him right, why not any Northerner who is a Muslim being tried to the extend of being jailed?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Inhabitable1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
bonnyhope:

Is Metuh guilty or not?

Is it only Metuh that is guilty?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by frowland(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mrfrank2001:
seven years only nawa oooo. anyway is better than nothing. do the crime and serve the time. kudos to efcc.

Many Nigerians are ready to be thrown in for 7 years and go home afterwards to enjoy 400m. cheesy
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Brugo(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

Keep wondering.

Then go on to elevate Dasuki to the status of a martyr.

Any thief caught and sentenced should please you if you’re not a thief.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by obkishoka(m): 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
[quote aurethor=Built2last post=86947142]Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians[/quote]
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by MarianaTrench: 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Zoehill:
Why are our leaders and ex-leaders comfortable stealing?

psychologically they are poor and mentally deficient

Stealing is wired into the psyche of an average Nigerian!

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by obkishoka(m): 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Muslims don't steal
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Charly68: 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Metuh going to prison after all the court drama..if na unknown stole chicken they would give him 23 yrs in prison ..where is Justice in this country ? Is this charade a Justice ?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Bakos2y7: 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
Just like Buhari, Oshiomole, the Aso Rock cabals, Tinubu and Co
kerzhim:
These people have injured this country beyond reasonable doubt.

Finally, justice is served after series of drama.
I am patiently waiting to read from PDP. Let them come and tell us how the case will be review.
Awon set looting geng!
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by selemempe: 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
bonnyhope:

Is Metuh guilty or not?
it's like this...a black man who commits a crime in America gets maximum sentence...a white man who commits a crime in America get a slap on the wrist

Is that a fair or racist system? Should we then say it doesn't matter what happened to the white man as far as the black man is guilty?

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Purplepassion2(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

I am not against jailing corrupt politicians. I dont know Metu or Orji Kalu.Orji Uzor Kalu alone?

OTHER APC STALWARTS CONVICTED ALREADY �

▪Joshua Dariye (10yrs)
▪Jolly Nyame (14yrs)
▪Mohamed Dakingari (70yrs)
▪Patrick Pillah (1month)

ON TRIAL:
▪Babachir Lawal
▪Obono Oblah
▪Winifred OyoIta etc

Trust not the BROOM, it sweeps either way �

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Isoduwa(m): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nigerian is Buhari and Buhari is......?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by chubinwa(m): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
He should rot in jail, nobody cares as they never cared for the masses. Jail Theodore Orji and son for life. criminals!!!
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by liverpool72(m): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Uncle Olisa my regards to Orji Kalu
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by eagleonearth(m): 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

sule Lamido was tried and jailed. Dasuki went to jail too. No sentiment here please.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by desiredhome: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

Wailers will always wail, it's in ther blood

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Power Bike As He Goes On Biking (Video) / Saloon Car Found In Jos Pond As Army Reveals Next Line Of Action. Photos / Omisore Agrees To Support PDP In Osun Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.