Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial (64995 Views)

Olisa Metuh Attends The Matriculation Of His Adopted Child In Abuja Wit Crutches / Olisa Metuh Laughing In Ekweremadu's House (Photo) / Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Mintek: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Realadey:
I am not a northerner or a supporter of Bihari administration because he is a failure.
But looking for a northerner or Muslim to be jailed first before a Christian or southerner is jailed is very wrong.
Anyone who steals should be jailed, former of governor of plateau state is in jail now.

That former governor of Plateau State is also a Christian!
Na Christians dem dey use shine.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by naijafun: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Contact me for your seminars, Assignments, thesis and project work......whassap only. ....08135939991
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by ollie86(m): 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Otuegbe:
He should go and join. Orji kalu
I agree with you. Murtala Nyako has been in court for years now, no judgement, same with Babangida Aliyu of Niger, etc

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by SciLab: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nice one. But when will Buhari jail northern muslims politicians who have looted this country to stupor? The whole world knows that northern muslims have looted and raped this country more than any other group of people, yet none of them have been convicted. Even Dasuki, I learnt it was fueled mainly by personal vendetta, as he once arrested Buhari in their younger days in the army? The two governors convicted in the north are not muslims. What a coincidence in the largely muslim north?

Atiku Bagudu, Gandollars, Mai deribe, etc, when do we get to see them in handcuffs?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Mintek: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
baryour97:

Jolly Nyame was the former governor of taraba. he was sentecnced to 12 years jail time.

Oga, Jolly Nyame is a Christian.
Taraba is just like Plateau State, about 90% Christian.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by duwdu: 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:
Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

Mention any former governor or federal Minister.

Before some of you will come here to rant like an ant.

I am not against jailing corrupt politicians. I dont know Metu or Orji Kalu.

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians

Note: I have no time to reply all low lives replying me. I said mention anyone convicted and people are screaming Dasuki. Was Dasuki convicted? Is Jolly Nyame a Nothern Muslim?

People are asking me if Buhari is the judge, No He is not the judge...No judge brings the accuse to court its the machinery with an agenda that charges them to those courts not the judges.

Those of you saying my post is divisive should know that Nigeria has been divided by Buhari already. Its a matter of time. Its a matter of time.

LOL... Olisa Metuh was first arrested by the EFCC on this matter on January 5, 2015 while Jonathan was still in power - way before Buhari got into power. That's probably all those arguing like you need to know regarding the case.

And, in most cases, even as you go through the conspiracy pains you so profess here, just console yourself with the truism that the wheel of justice grinds slooooowwwwwly anyways; so, what goes around, comes around...

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Banmeallday: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
LEarning lesson to all those who want to join the Cabal and steal, they will come for you and you and your people will suffer
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by useurkidney3121: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
fk002:

You must always find a way to bring religion.

Metuh doesn't even know you why are you ranting? What has he impacted in your life?.

This is not about religion just answer his question... Is their anyone?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by fk002: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
useurkidney3121:

This is not about religion just answer his question... Is their anyone?

Abdulrashid Maina for a start
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by GreenArrow1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
AerialMapper:

Where did you see Buhari in anything i wrote? You need further lessons in comprehension

You were replying a post giving knocks to Buhari na.
I'm too happy with this jailing that I'm not even gonna argue anything joor.
Abba Kyari and co's time is coming. Not just in this dispensation.
Magu please come and collect Ortom's file abeg.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Aiyk2333: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
fk002:

Maina is cooling off in Kuje prison I am a first-hand witness I saw him by myself.

Stop saying what you don't know
has he been convicted?? that's the question, even if Dasuki spends 100 yrs in prison without conviction it's rubbish because any day anytime they might be released provided no conviction

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
tofolo:
They dont know..... he can also plead the case and might win.

plead what case? They caught you with your hand in the cookie jar, what is there to plead?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Bimpe29: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
But I read from another source that it's 39 years for the 7 count charges.

Anyways, is a welcome development for our nation. Let there be just and equitable dispensation of judicial process.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Happychildlove(f): 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
SocialJustice:
He only delayed the inevitable. Politicians are just going to jail like it's nothing. 7 big years.
not the way u count it, before u know now it's complete
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Empiree: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Guy, stop this sh!t

Nonesense like this is major problem.

You never know what investigation is on already. You never know who's next. Be patient and stop tribal bullshit.

They are jailed because they are found guilty, period. Enough of this tribal sentiment and allow law enforcement to do their job.

Thank you, sir.
Built2last:
Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians

Note: I have no time to reply all low lives replying me. I said mention anyone convicted and people are screaming Dasuki. Was Dasuki convicted? Is Jolly Nyame a Nothern Muslim?

People are asking me if Buhari is the judge, No He is not the judge...No judge brings the accuse to court its the machinery with an agenda that charges them to those courts not the judges.

Those of you saying my post is divisive should know that Nigeria has been divided by Buhari already. Its a matter of time. Its a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Aiyk2333: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
StreetFight:

Col Dasuki Sambo is a Christian from your mother's village.
dumbos full this forum.. has he been convicted?? why are you like this!!! buhari keeping him in prison for personal reasons is nobody's business
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Happychildlove(f): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
membranus:

A convict cannot become a Nigerian President.
what about OBJ?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by 180263: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
My Brother.
At the inception of this administration, the President asked any one that has Government money in his possession return whatever you can, or else the government agency will come and get it from you.
There was a record taking from Dasuki's office, where he listed all those that received money from him from the Security fund approved by the House of Assembly to equip the Millitary in fighting insurgency.
Many returned what they can and make promissory notes.
Others, refuse to voluntarily hand out theres.
You heard of Musilu Obanikoro, Chief Omisore, Vhief Falae, This Day proprietor, Chief Obasanjo etc. Returned what they can and others like FFK, Dokpesi, Methu, Fayose, etc!!!!

Built2last:

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Mintek: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
kerzhim:
These people have injured this country beyond reasonable doubt.

Finally, justice is served after series of drama.
I am patiently waiting to read from PDP. Let them come and tell us how the case will be review.
Awon set looting geng!
[/s]

...not as much as bullion-van-Tinubu and Buhari.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by SocialJustice: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Happychildlove:
not the way u count it, before u know now it's complete
Nigerian prison is not a place you want to spend 1 week, not to talk of losing political relevance completely.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by bizzibodi(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
fergie001:
For me honestly, it's a fair deal

He should count himself lucky....(7 years)

Modified:

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/02/25/breaking-court-sentences-olisa-metuh-to-seven-years-in-prison-after-four-year-trial/

The Federal High Court in Abuja has sentenced a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Olisa Metuh, to seven years in prison.

Justice Okon Abang handed down the sentence in his judgement on Tuesday on seven counts of money laundering and criminal diversion of funds to the tune of N400 million.

The charges were filed against Metuh and his company, Destra investment, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The trial judge sentenced Metuh after convicting him and found him guilty of all the charges brought against him by the anti-graft agency.

This followed a protracted trial of the former PDP spokesman which lasted about four years and witnessed a series of drama and adjournment over health-related matters.

Giving his judgement, Justice Abang sentenced Metuh to seven years imprisonment in respect to Counts One to Three.

On Count Four, the PDP spokesman was sentenced to five years while he got seven, three and seven years for Counts Five, Six, and Seven respectively.

He, however, held that all the sentences should run concurrently, with effect from February 25, 2020.

Meaning, the sentence shall run concurrently which implies that he would only spend the highest number of years of jail term, which is seven, in prison.

The trial judge also sentenced Dextra Investment to pay a fine of N25 million with respect to Counts Five and Six, while Metuh was also ordered to pay a fine of N375 million.

Justice Abang further ordered that the account of Dextra Investment should be forfeited to the Federal Government and the company be dissolved.

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by OmoEpe(m): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
jacoik:
in all these summary, is he to pay a fine of 375 m or refund what he took? Am just asking in a layman language pls no vex

yes and also forfeit his company to the Fedral Govt

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by bizzibodi(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
I hope he will not spend d 7yrs in hospital bed claiming he has acute lumbago & celebral palsy?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Aiyk2333: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
gawu1:

While Buhari held the chief supervisor of all looters who is a northerner and a core Muslim adherence, was it not you southerners and mostly Christians southerners that pressurised for released? Even your political magazine, the so-called Punch newspaper was used by you people to call Buhari with unprintable names.
why can't y'all for once use ur brain!!! is Dasuki more important to Christians than orji uzor kalu yet did any Christian make noise about Kalu's conviction?? why imprison Dasuki without proper court processes!!! atleas let him face the court if found guilty, convict him. Your president is a dumb illiterate who took Dasuki issue too personal by even flouting court orders.. know the difference please
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Built2last: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
180263:
My Brother.
At the inception of this administration, the President asked any one that has Government money in his possession return whatever you can, or else the government agency will come and get it from you.
There was a record taking from Dasuki's office, where he listed all those that received money from him from the Security fund approved by the House of Assembly to equip the Millitary in fighting insurgency.
Many returned what they can and make promissory notes.
Others, refuse to voluntarily hand out theres.
You heard of Musilu Obanikoro, Chief Omisore, Vhief Falae, This Day proprietor, Chief Obasanjo etc. Returned what they can and others like FFK, Dokpesi, Methu, Fayose, etc!!!!

Stop calling names you can't evidence they returned money.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by jacoik(m): 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
fergie001:

He will pay a fine of 375m....and the company will be wound up and forfeited to the FG.

The bolded doesn't apply.
thanks Sir
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Festy4sure(m): 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Kobicove:
Say hello to Orji Uzor Kalu when you get there grin
. Once he pay the fine he will be release, I don't see him going to prison
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Happychildlove(f): 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
SocialJustice:
Nigerian prison is not a place you want to spend 1 week, not to talk of losing political relevance completely.
the rich men have their on special place there the only thing is u can't come out of d place
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

This is the problem with Christianity right here in Nigeria.

Now, Islam in Nigeria too has this problem, but since this one talk Christian.

Why should a Christian steal?

Why should Christian leaders join in the looting and corruption?

Why should Christian followers too do their corrupt activities?

We are in all sorts of problems as a country because people are Christians on Sunday and satanists the rest of the week.

Don't justify evil. Agreed, Buhari is a bad leader and agreed there is partiality. But there are more Christian leaders free who are corrupt than there are who are in jail.

And there are millions of Christians suffering because some Christian leaders like Metuh and Kalu loot and loot and offer no visionary leadership!

Many have died because of bad Christian leaders. And you and the 200 people who liked your post are a big part of the problem. You clap for them when they are stealing and call those of us who complain treasonous fellows..

See how the mess a Christian leaders in the last admin led to Buhari! Would Buhari have been here if Christians had been Christians and done the right thing at all times?

Same goes for all the Muslims reading this. Why should a Muslim steal, why should theiving Muslim leaders be allowed to walk free, and why should Muslim leaders be doing the wrong thing?

Zamfara that declared Shariah is a mess now. Rivers state that declared Christian state is a centre of antichristian activity. And we still clap

See how we have Boko, kidnapping, cultisim and all sorts of vices because people are Christians by mouth (or Muslims by mouth)

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra & Delta Police Commissioners Storm Head Bridge Onitsha- Pictures / Endsars Will Seem Like A Rehearsal, If 2023 Election Is Rigged - Okon Lagos / Dino Melaye's Power Bike As He Goes On Biking (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.