Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate (50715 Views)

Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others / Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest / Gov. Tambuwal receives body of Ex-president Shehu Shagari at the Sokoto Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by djon78(m): 8:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
myobjective:

I have a friend from Katsina that we normally discussed political matter with from our university days. There was a day we were discussing and this same issue came up. That day, he raised an important point that we southerners and middle beltan can't continue to blame the core-northerners for all the ills of society, since we now have democracy where each states and regions are represented in the national assembly and however, the south and middle belt together have more representative and hence can force the core-north to do what is right. The question is what are our representatives doing in the national assembly.

If a state like Kano decided to ban alcoholic sales when the constitution allows the consumption of alcohol, why must they partook in the sharing of tax accrue from such. What then is our legislature doing when alcohol is mostly consumed in the south and Kano get a lion share of tax from alcohol sales when they don't even allow it in their domain?

If Nigeria must change, we must all play of part from the type of people we elected to represent us at the federal government

Please can you tell me one thing the National Assembly have achieved since the inception of democracy in 1999.

Do we truly practice separation of power in this our democracy?

Was not a Chief Justice of the nation bundled out of office by the executive?

Can it happen in sane democracy.

Look at the US, President Trump was impeached by the house of representatives and was only saved by the Republican dominated Senate.
That's what we call a democracy
What's practiced in Nigeria is not.

Let me be honest with you: we have no goals, targets as a nation. Every year, every tenure it's still the same thing, to come to Abuja t to share money, and nothing else. And as years are going, things are not improving.

It's very pathetic

1 Like

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Armaggedon: 9:02pm On Feb 29, 2020
LegendHero:

It seems I need to start picking up a book about Nigeria and learn more about all theses tribes.

Sometimes I always look clueless when you guys are discussing various tribe.

This thread taught me a lot about the ideology of the Fulanis, and one thing I learnt is that they never change their ways. That treachery still exists today and I’m glad we are conscious of their ideology now.

What else that needs to be done if for we Muslims in the SW to stop depending on the Sultan as a religious head. After all, Islam got to the SW in the 16th century before Dan-Fodio Jihad.

Instead of recognizing the Sultan as the Muslim religious head of Nigeria, we should rather recognize someone else from the source itself. Although Saudi too is somehow these days.

Normally, Islam would have been better in Nigeria, but these same Fulanis make the religion toxic. They are intolerant, full of themselves, fixated on the mindset of past centuries and rigid to change. At this age, Shariah and Jihad should have been relegated from the face of this world, even the Middle East people are modifying their laws.

It’s really a sad thing to be honest.
smh...stop wasting your time. Don't get it twisted, Islam is the region of the Arabs. There is no way you can practice the "purest". form of Islam without being arabized to a certain extent. No matter how pious a moslem you are, the Fulani's will never see you as their equals or consider you a true muslim if you are not fulanized. There were Islamic scholars in hausaland before Dan fidio yet he had to carry out jihad to established " pure" islam. Jihad is not just a war to spread Islam, it involves killing of indigenous people in large numbers, destroying their heritage, history, culture and sense of ethnic identity through terror, replacing it with Arabic and Islamic mindset by way of supplanting the indigenous population with large Arab/ Islamic population and subsequent inter marriage. it happened in north Africa, hausaland, Ilorin, middle east etc You either become a true muslim who are subservient to fulanis, who are themselves loyal to arabs or leave islam. The only way is self determination. having your own country and charting your own course. Spanish monarch did it to invading arabs, today Spain is peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by tatatar: 2:41am On Mar 01, 2020
Nowenuse:
[s]

You are comparing Israel, an advanced nation with high living standards as obtainable in the Western world to Saudi Arabia where 90% of the wealth is in the hands of a few rich royal houses and many citizens still live low income lives?

It's just like saying Indonesia is better than Switzerland cos it has a higher GDP. Mugu.

Almost everyone has been used for Suya at one point in their lives.... I get am before nor be property... Go and use the Jews for Suya now.
Arabs are the ones under their occupation and crying everyday.
You can cry a river for Arabs grin[/s]
Oga stop changing topic
My comment was in response to your comment about Israel's supposed control of the world
Do you know the bulk of America's population,about 80%,own just 7% of the wealth
Since there is more wealth equality in Switzerland and the average Swiss is richer,then using your silly logic,Switzerland has more control than the USA.
Your stat about Saudi Arabia isn't even correct,their HDI is ranked as very high; their GNI coefficient thou slightly lower is still under the same medium ranking as israel.
Sycopants like you who love hyping them has been noted to be among the reasons why they didn't get immediate assistance during the Holocaust,since people thought they "controlled the world" and could take care of themselves.
A slightly knowledgeable person should know that jews way more than most others have been used for Suya; They've also been humbled times without count.jewish calimity is so ubiquitous in their history that it's not a matter of if the next calamity will befall them but of when.

1 Like

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Facts finding.

Language by total numbers of speakers.

Swahili is ahead of Hausa.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2020
forgiveness:
Facts finding.

Language by total numbers of speakers.

Swahili is ahead of Hausa.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

LMAO

Wikipedia is your source? grin
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dupamecano:

LMAO

Wikipedia is your source? grin

No! SIL International.

The following 34 languages are listed as having 45 million or more total speakers in the 2019 edition of Ethnologue, a language reference published by SIL International, which is based in the United States.[3] Entries identified by Ethnologue as macrolanguages are not included in this section.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIL_Ethnologue
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
More facts finding.

List of official languages by country and territory.

5 countries use Swahili as their official language of which 4 are among the top ten most populated countries in Africa. Population ranging from 89.5m, 59.7m, 53.7m and 45.7m, in addition to Rwanda's population of 12.9m. This approximately 262m.

1. Kenya
2. Tanzania
3. Uganda
4. DRC
5 Rwanda

https://www.worldometers.info/population/countries-in-africa-by-population/

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 11:24pm On Mar 02, 2020
forgiveness:

No! SIL International.

The following 34 languages are listed as having 45 million or more total speakers in the 2019 edition of Ethnologue, a language reference published by SIL International, which is based in the United States.[3] Entries identified by Ethnologue as macrolanguages are not included in this section.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIL_Ethnologue

Ethnologue has admitted that their numbers are inaccurate.

Thank you for this feedback on the number of Hausa [hau] speakers in Nigeria and elsewhere.

We will make an effort to update the numbers that Ethnologue has for Hausa, in view of including a more accurate account of Hausa speakers in the next edition. If you have links to some good sources, please feel free to share them here.

Best regards,

Charles Fennig
Managing Editor, Ethnologue

Doesn't take a genius to figure it out, if 40-60% of nigerians speak hausa that already puts hausa speakers at 80-120million, then 90% of niger makes another 18million, then you add in other sahelian countries as well. Any figure less than 130 million is ridiculous. The spectator index has it right at 150 million IMO.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
forgiveness:
More facts finding.

List of official languages by country and territory.

5 countries use Swahili as their official language of which 4 are among the top ten most populated countries in Africa. Population ranging from 89.5m, 59.7m, 53.7m and 45.7m, in addition to Rwanda's population of 12.9m. This approximately 262m.

1. Kenya
2. Tanzania
3. Uganda
4. DRC
5 Rwanda

https://www.worldometers.info/population/countries-in-africa-by-population/

This isnt fact finding, this is the height of madness. So official language now means everyone in the country speaks the language? french is an official language in canada, the overwhelming majority canadians dont speak french. When i start calling you lot educated illiterates some of you will start calling me a bigot.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dupamecano:

Ethnologue has admitted that their numbers are inaccurate.

Doesn't take a genius to figure it out, if 40-60% of nigerians speak hausa that already puts hausa speakers at 80-120million, then 90% of niger makes another 18million, then you add in other sahelian countries as well. Any figure less than 130 million is ridiculous. [b]The spectator index has it right at 150 million [/b]IMO.

As you can see, Hausa with 150m speakers is lesser than Swahili with 262m speakers. EOD
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
forgiveness:

As you can see, Hausa with 150m speakers is lesser than Swahili with 262m speakers. EOD

LOL Even a re.tarded kenyan wont claim they have that many speakers. Nairaland is really home to many spectacular wonders.

Like i said, when i start calling you lot educated illiterates you'll get your panties in a bunch. Its obvious at this point.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
Man even had the guts to type "facts finding" LMAO

All this while i thought the south was filled with geniuses and intellectuals. I'm disappointed cry

1 Like

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dupamecano:

This isnt fact finding, this is the height of madness. So official language now means everyone in the country speaks the language? french is an official language in canada, the overwhelming majority canadians dont speak french. When i start calling you lot educated illiterates some of you will start calling me a bigot.

Kazikazi, Tylann, etc lecture one novice about the major language spoken in your country. Thanks
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
I know when you guys come on line, he shall be fed full dosage of information he ignorantly lacks or na delusion dey worry am? angry
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dupamecano:

LOL Even a re.tarded kenyan wont claim they have that many speakers. Nairaland is really home to many spectacular wonders.

Like i said, when i start calling you lot educated illiterates you'll get your panties in a bunch. Its obvious at this point.

You are not informed. Just seat down and learn quietly.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 11:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
forgiveness:
I know when you guys come on line, he shall be feed full dosage of informations he ignorantly lacks or na delusion dey worry am? angry

Effect of miracle centers.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 11:47pm On Mar 02, 2020
forgiveness:

You are not informed. Just seat down and learn quietly.

I'm not informed then you should inform me no? Surely you can do better than quoting wikipedia and assuming official language means spoken by all no?
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dupamecano:

Effect of miracle centers.

Fed and information. No wahali but it doesn't make you intelligent.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
forgiveness:

Fed and information. No wahali but it doesn't make you intelligent.

I never claimed i was intelligent. I'm just confident i'm not an idiot.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dupamecano:

Come out from your lonely and dry pond.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 12:00am On Mar 03, 2020
forgiveness:

Come out from your lonely and dry pond.

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 12:09am On Mar 03, 2020
This guy conspicuously negates civilization in the South and envisaged utopia Hausa civilization... Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkklkkkkkk

Very ignorant dude
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 12:17am On Mar 03, 2020
forgiveness:
This guy conspicuously negates civilization in the South and envisaged utopia Hausa civilization... Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkklkkkkkk

Very ignorant dude

What civilization
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 12:18am On Mar 03, 2020
My goodness these people are so far up their behinds their perception of reality is completely warped. SMH
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 12:25am On Mar 03, 2020
Dupamecano:

What civilization

Figure it out first before you dabble into a top you have no idea.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 12:26am On Mar 03, 2020
Dupamecano:
My goodness these people are so far up their behinds their perception of reality is completely warped. SMH

Just admit you are ignorant, then you can learn.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 12:32am On Mar 03, 2020
forgiveness:

Figure it out first before you dabble into a top you have no idea.

forgiveness:

Just admit you are ignorant, then you can learn.
Please dont quote me unless you have meaningful insight to contribute to the discussion.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by forgiveness: 12:39am On Mar 03, 2020
Dupamecano:

Please dont quote me unless you have meaningful insight to contribute to the discussion.

The contribution has begun in earnest.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by adamx23(m): 12:42am On Mar 03, 2020
Lol.. See southerners forming educated. Most of them go to public schools in Lagos that churn them out in large numbers as thugs and agberos. With the excuse they term education, they can hardly put together a correct sentence or solve a simple linear equation.
Almajiris are way better than agberos, at least they don't forcefully collect people's hard earned money.
These lots aren't civilized at all. They forcefully collect free money from hard working Nigerians that are trying to build a house, they're so shameless that they collect money from even bread sellers..
And see them here talking about literacy when thugs like mc oluomo are invited to their higher institutions to give lectures..
I can't talk about the south south or south east coz I've never been there, but Yoruba's are the laziest set of people in Nigeria.. They beg way more than the northerners...
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by LegendHero(m): 1:25am On Mar 03, 2020
adamx23:
Lol.. See southerners forming educated. Most of them go to public schools in Lagos that churn them out in large numbers as thugs and agberos. With the excuse they term education, they can hardly put together a correct sentence or solve a simple linear equation.
Almajiris are way better than agberos, at least they don't forcefully collect people's hard earned money.
These lots aren't civilized at all. They forcefully collect free money from hard working Nigerians that are trying to build a house, they're so shameless that they collect money from even bread sellers..
And see them here talking about literacy when thugs like mc oluomo are invited to their higher institutions to give lectures..
I can't talk about the south south or south east coz I've never been there, but Yoruba's are the laziest set of people in Nigeria.. They beg way more than the northerners...

Lol Yoruba beg more than the Northerners? You gotta be kidding me.

The only trademark of the North down south is begging such that your kinsmen even had the audacity to organize a protest in Lagos government house.

Go to Ibadan, Akure, etc and see Northerner around the street doing Babianla.

You should concentrate on your North and try to find a way of making it better rather than trying to poke-nose into something beyond your reasoning capacity.

Sensible people are taking, even Almajiri also thinks the should have a say online. Nawa for Nigeria o!

1 Like

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 1:44am On Mar 03, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol Yoruba beg more than the Northerners? You gotta be kidding me.

The only trademark of the North down south is begging such that your kinsmen even had the audacity to organize a protest in Lagos government house.

Go to Ibadan, Akure, etc and see Northerner around the street doing Babianla.

You should concentrate on your North and try to find a way of making it better rather than trying to poke-nose into something beyond your reasoning capacity.

Sensible people are taking, even Almajiri also thinks the should have a say online. Nawa for Nigeria o!

You know i've always found the parable of a yoruba muslim intriguing. How does it feel juggling loyalties between creed and ethnicity? what comes first? would you forgo one for the other? would you stand against your own people for the sake of religion? would you stand against your creed for the sake of your ethnicity? your brain must be a war zone.

And i'd be very careful tagging every beggar i see in the south as "northerners". They're probably from the north but not the north you think. You'd soon come to realize that what makes a "northerner" is more complicated than you think.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by LegendHero(m): 1:56am On Mar 03, 2020
Dupamecano:

You know i've always found the parable of a yoruba muslim intriguing. How does it feel juggling loyalties between creed and ethnicity? what comes first? would you forgo one for the other? would you stand against your own people for the sake of religion? would you stand against your creed for the sake of your ethnicity? your brain must be a war zone.

And i'd be very careful tagging every beggar i see in the south as "northerners". They're probably from the north but not the north you think. You'd soon come to realize that what makes a "northerner" is more complicated than you think.

Bro let me tell you something, I am a Yoruba and a Muslim. However, my ethnicity comes first and I will never sacrifice my ethnicity for religion.

However, as a Muslim, the North never gave us a reason to be proud of the Islamic faith coz they have been a curse to the faith rather than blessings due to their rigid ideology.

Do you know how much we had to defend the Islamic religion online due to the atrocities the North are using it for? You don’t know how much you guys have invested into sending people away from the faith.

Times are changing bro, even Saudi is modifying her laws.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares Photos Of His MSc Project. Nigerians React / List Of States Not Owing Workers. / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.