Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million (63248 Views)

Why Courts Imposed Millions Against Babalola, Olanipekun, Ozekhome, Keyamo / Bayelsa: Afe Babalola, Olanipekun Protest Supreme Court’s ₦60 Million Penalty / Sagay: PDP Lawyers Deserve Supreme Court Fine, Not Afe Babalola, Olanipekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by xrayj(m): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:
E don red for them. Shameless lawyers that call black white just for money.

Let me tell you guys, the so called educated is the main problem we have today. Nonsense .
This is so true
We place so much value on money in this country, reason we will never grow. Imagine senior lawyers who are supposed to defend the law now going against it because of money, despite all the money they have acquired. Black man is too greedy!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Agugbadin: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
nini007:
APC will pay joor

APC has the money let the pay and learn a lesson from it. Imagine even Zamfara is asking for a review.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

He will vomit it from anywhere.

He brought it for review last year July, the panel headed by Rhodes-vivour dismissed it because it was statute-barred.

The man still brought it again, what is he looking for?

He will pay a heavy fine.
I didn't know the case has already been reviewed before. the man should quickly withdraw on the next adjourned date.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Purifychy(f): 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
BabaO2:
it is an act of intimidation and unnecessary arrogancy on the part of supreme court, their judgement is too childish and devoid of logic. How they could separate deputy governor from governor on their judgement on Kogi of Audu/Faleke ticket but they could not separate deputy governor from governor on Bayelsa's Lyon/Bionarakuma ticket is still a wonder of Mary odili's influenced judgement

This one still carry Mary Odili for head like gala

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by back2sender: 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
Passionate888:
E no go better for the All Progressive Criminals for causing this nobel justice of the court to she tears for those two 'senior' lawyers.
This is the same judhe you pdp wailers insulted when she was an appeal court Judge.
Now that the judgement favored PDP, the judge is a Daniel has come to justice.
Shameless wailers that eats thier vomits, efulefu!! Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by bluecircle470: 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
fairfora:
Lopl. Let them enjoy the fine now. After all, afe babalola is the richest lawyer in aftica. He can afford the whole sum. Abi is it your fine? Is it your review? grin. Hope other lawyers would learn from this

Especially the Imo lawyers
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by 6digitscomrade: 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
BabaO2:
it is an act of intimidation and unnecessary arrogancy on the part of supreme court, their judgement is too childish and devoid of logic. How they could separate deputy governor from governor on their judgement on Kogi of Audu/Faleke ticket but they could not separate deputy governor from governor on Bayelsa's Lyon/Bionarakuma ticket is still a wonder of Mary odili's influenced judgement
even if I spend all my life savings and still borrow from bill gates to purchase knowledge for u, u will still be impaired and dull.. ur references and comparisons elucidated ur ignorance and cognitive dissonance.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by fergie001: 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lostz:
I didn't know the case has already been reviewed before. the man should quickly withdraw on the next adjourned date.

That's why his own is annoying me more... He brought it up for review in July 2019. It was thrown out and he is bringing it up again

He should be made to pay all PDP lawyers at least 10million naira....then we Nairalanders 10m naira each for wasting our time to go through this horsesh!t again.

He must pay from his pocket.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/supreme-court-strikes-out-apcs-request-for-review-of-judgment-on-partys-candidates-in-zamfara/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/politics/zamfara-supreme-court-rejects-apcs-request-to-review-judgement/mdvzcly.amp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Passionate888: 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
back2sender:

This is the same judhe you pdp wailers insulted when she was an appeal court Judge.
Now that the judgement favored PDP, the judge is a Daniel has come to justice.
Shameless wailers that eats thier vomits, efulefu!! Tufiakwa!!!
She couldn't reverse the judgement. She knows it, you know it and so do I.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

That's why his own is annoying me more... He brought it up for review in July 2019. It was thrown out and he is bringing it up again

He should be made to pay all PDP lawyers at least 10million naira....[/b]then we Nairalanders10m naira each for wasting our time[b] to go through this horsesh!t again.

He must pay from his pocket.
except dansuqi.

Senatordave should help him pay the fine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by fergie001: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lostz:
except dansuqi.

Senatordave should help him pay the fine

grin grin grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by emkz: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
BabaO2:

Please, which university did you attend? Please don't tell me its University of Anal Reasoning because an anus can think better than this.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by handsome86(m): 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Oh yes. Now some lawyers moving the appeal for Zamfara case and Imo may start considering withdrawing their appeal especially that of Zamfara where there is no clear ground for review of the case since no new fact against the judgement has emerged since then.
the last man hope has been messed up with bunch of illiterates parading as cjn
and gworo lawyers
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by kikake: 6:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
manitoba:
I know this was coming. Those lawyers are heartless .

They know SC cannot reverse her own judgement except there is a constitutional amendment but they went ahead to file for review.

Bolded. The lawyers and their clients know that Supreme Court can hardly review or reversed its judgement on election petition matters.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by ddippset(m): 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
emkz:

Please, which university did you attend? Please don't tell me its University of Anal Reasoning because an anus can think better than this.
hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
edoairways:
So is now a crime to ask for a review? sad

Supreme Court decision is final, the Senior lawyers know this and still went ahead to file for review. This is big back stabbing

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by executive12: 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
edoairways:

Definitely not a crime. But one can be sanctioned if the Court views one's case as frivolous. As far as the Bayelsa case is concerned (and Zamfara too), the law is clear with no ambiguity. The case was frivolous.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by executive12: 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
yarimo:
and UCHE SECOUNDUS won't call for protest against this judgement. undecided

No need for protest in this case. It's a good judgement.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by emkz: 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
A whole Wole Olanipekun and Afe Babalola fined by the apex court. Tomorrow's headline:

Bombshell: Supreme Court slams SANs for Abuse of Court Processes, Supreme Court Justice Tongue-lashes Senior Lawyers... ...and the usual one: Supreme Court Fingers Wole Olanipekun and Afe Babalola for Abusing Court Processes

The fine is chicken-change for these lawyers. Otitoju of journalists hangout stated some of these lawyers collect as much as 200 million for election petitions and own private jets.

In a country where lawyers are richer than judges, what do you expect?

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
edoairways:
Go and ask now. And find out whether it's a crime grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by IWillSueYou(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
sylve11:
Good!

When you pray for rain, you should have in mind that you will have mud to deal with too. wink cool

Seconded. I like your quote. Problem is, as humans, we are too optimistic.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Lamasta(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
kerzhim:
It's just so unfortunate for David Lyon. The incompetence of the so called competent lawyers Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), and Olanipekun (SAN) cost him a good 4 years mandate. They claim to be the best of the best but failed to understand that when you are dealing with court case concerning a change of name, you don't come with a mere "AFFIDAVIT" as if you are dealing with banks. You need a court stamped "DEED POLL" because that's the only document the court will recognise.

You know more than Afe Babalola and Olanipekun ba
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by BabaO2: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
emkz:

I don't need to join issues with half baked like you.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Plumville: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
The only person I pity here is Lyon poor guy!
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by galantjoe(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
eodavids:

The Judicial Reasoning here is SOUND.

THE FLOODGATES OF INDEFINITE LITIGATION EVEN AT THE SPEX COURT MUST NOT BE LEFT OPEN AT ALL.

Every loser in a court case would wish to have the decision he finds unfavorable upturned even on the most trivial of grounds. But it will be pointless if there should be no end to a litigation.

WISDOM IS SWEET! wink

That is what we called "vicious cycle"

So if apc wins pdp will will go rereview of the judgment. The cycles continues.

Thank u

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by kerzhim(m): 7:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lamasta:

You know more than Afe Babalola and Olanipekun ba
I never said so but I believe they should know more.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by tinsel: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lostz:
any APC lawyer in charge of zamfara review should quickly withdraw before same fate befall him
And Imo?
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
tinsel:
And Imo?
supreme Court need to explain it judgement on Imo
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Oh yes. Now some lawyers moving the appeal for Zamfara case and Imo may start considering withdrawing their appeal especially that of Zamfara where there is no clear ground for review of the case since no new fact against the judgement has emerged since then.

One day, Nigeria must come to an end. When Afe Babalola started Law practice, Justice Amina should be in Primary School or just entering Secondary School. The integrity of Judiciary must be protected, but where there is no integrity in Judicial process, anarchy comes to play. The major difference in the conduct of human beings and that of animals is the rule of law but where the law becomes partial, human beings become animals and the nation becomes animal kingdom. There is no difference between Nigeria and Animal kingdom. I will never vote again. Many have lost faith in the nation called Nigeria. Many have lost faith in the judiciary that is why people take vengeance into their hand and hire killers and kidnapping are on the increase.

Judiciary my foot. Last week Thursday evening, I was at the arrival wing of MM2 when Ganduje arrived Lagos. We were contemplating he came for an important meeting on the Political situation of the nation. Some people were discussing the postponement of the IMO case by the Judiciary and the foundation problem in Bayelsa and the Zamfara.A regimental person who is also a learned fellow raised the issue of the integrity of the judiciary to be protected and the involvement of Chief Afe Babalola and Wole Olanipekun in the case.

After over 50 years in the bar and after 80 years of age, the so called judge can teach Afe Babalola again. I am very delighted some weeks ago to read an article of Chief Afe Babalola on Amotekun in the South West. We have lost faith and hope in the Police to defend us, hence the need for our own survival mechanism which nobody can stop. I am sure majority of Bayelsa and Imo people have seen the Judiciary, the way it is in Nigeria. There is no need of keeping faith with this nation again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Lamasta(m): 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
kerzhim:
I never said so but I believe they should know more.

No matter how highly placed you are there are some battles you can't win...

The Bayelsa case cannot be won by APC even if they hire CJN himself

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Legacyltd: 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
Will Lyon be able to watch Lyon play today against Juve? WTF am i evening say... lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'See How Hurricane Atiku Invaded Katsina, Buhari's State' - Dele Momodu / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Daughter Celebrates Her 46 Birthday / Bobosky: Wike Pays N30M Bounty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.