Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million (63253 Views)

Why Courts Imposed Millions Against Babalola, Olanipekun, Ozekhome, Keyamo / Bayelsa: Afe Babalola, Olanipekun Protest Supreme Court’s ₦60 Million Penalty / Sagay: PDP Lawyers Deserve Supreme Court Fine, Not Afe Babalola, Olanipekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

They are different cases

Different cases? Animal kingdom. I weep for this country. No wonder we have boko haram, killer herdsmen, kidnappers, etc. Bringing IMO State woman (married to Rivers) to head a corrective panel.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
They just sacrificed David Lyon's Ambition so that the Dubai Man will stop cumming
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Iceberg3: 9:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ahhh!!! School fees will go up niyen,o

yarimo:
and UCHE SECOUNDUS won't call for protest against this judgement. undecided

This one is bitter...just a plain vvvv

Lzaa immhotep

grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by dahnimoh(m): 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
I weak ooo
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by okinakina: 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
A great lacuna in Nigeria's legal procedure ...especially in relation to appeals, is that there is no filter process whereby litigants firstly have to apply for "permission to appeal" before their appeals is allowed to be argued. This process will guillotine a lot of frivolous appeals in the bud

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
kerzhim:
It's just so unfortunate for David Lyon. The incompetence of the so called competent lawyers Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), and Olanipekun (SAN) cost him a good 4 years mandate. They claim to be the best of the best but failed to understand that when you are dealing with court case concerning a change of name, you don't come with a mere "AFFIDAVIT" as if you are dealing with banks. You need a court stamped "DEED POLL" because that's the only document the court will recognise.

The bold make you look like ignorant fellow.

anyway law is an ass

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by WATCHOVER(m): 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
Staro:

Did you read Olanipekun's submission to the Supreme Court?

While KANU Agabi in the case of IMO was pleading ... Olanipekun was sounding somewhat
arrogant, more like schooling the Supreme Court judges

Your comment is the best I have read today.
That's why the Lordships were angry.
Lawyers are the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Lovelive: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
kerzhim:
It's just so unfortunate for David Lyon. The incompetence of the so called competent lawyers Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), and Olanipekun (SAN) cost him a good 4 years mandate. They claim to be the best of the best but failed to understand that when you are dealing with court case concerning a change of name, you don't come with a mere "AFFIDAVIT" as if you are dealing with banks. You need a court stamped "DEED POLL" because that's the only document the court will recognise.

Wao

I love this

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by mikolo80: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
kerzhim:
wow
Na wa o
San indeed
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
babaolofin:

Different cases? Animal kingdom. I weep for this country. No wonder we have boko haram, killer herdsmen, kidnappers, etc. Bringing IMO State woman (married to Rivers) to head a corrective panel.

You can hug transformer or wail till 2024

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Lovelive: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
Staro:

Did you read Olanipekun's submission to the Supreme Court?

While KANU Agabi in the case of IMO was pleading ... Olanipekun was sounding somewhat
arrogant, more like schooling the Supreme Court judges

1 cartoon of Beron for you BIG BRO.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by SciLab: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
I am disappointed in Afe Babalola to be honest. I thought the Baba was more honorable than this.
Can he allow students in his university to change names however they like or anytime they move from 100 level to 400L?

I thought he was even a wise man.

Tufia!

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by bizhop01: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
Afe Babalola what to build another university,
People like this enforce to ruin Nigeria indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Lovelive: 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Amitez:
Those two SANs should be investigated by NBA Ethics committee and be stripped of their SANs. They are a big disgrace to the Learned profession. If they were ICAN members, their practice certificates would have been withdrawn.

On point

I can't never bet to differ.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Okwyjesus(m): 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
[quote author=edoairways post=86980398]So is now a crime to ask for a review? sad
Modified I saw your quotes, I hope the supreme court would do the same for IMO state. [/quote

I like what SC did. lf not very soon their table will be filled with review junk
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by engineerboat(m): 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lostz:
I didn't know the case has already been reviewed before. the man should quickly withdraw on the next adjourned date.

Its too late to do that.

Even if he withdraw,

The SC will still make pronouncement about it

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by engineerboat(m): 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

That's why his own is annoying me more... He brought it up for review in July 2019. It was thrown out and he is bringing it up again

He should be made to pay all PDP lawyers at least 10million naira....then we Nairalanders 10m naira each for wasting our time to go through this horsesh!t again.

He must pay from his pocket.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/supreme-court-strikes-out-apcs-request-for-review-of-judgment-on-partys-candidates-in-zamfara/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/politics/zamfara-supreme-court-rejects-apcs-request-to-review-judgement/mdvzcly.amp

Wole Olanipekun is biting more than He can chew.

He more of technical counsel looking for technicalities about than issue and substance of his case..
That cost him the case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by engineerboat(m): 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lostz:
except dansuqi.

Senatordave should help him pay the fine

Please allow them to rest abeg.

They will soon come with another technicality why supreme court must re-review the case again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by engineerboat(m): 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Freeman1986:
This serves Afe Bablola and Wole Right, i couldn't believe that Afe could stoop so low to file a questionable case based on fraud and forgery for review,what happened to reputation an conscience? Today I take back my respect for these two,they are not a good example to follow.

Afe can pay it. That's the school fees of 10 200L medicine at Afe Babalola University
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by fergie001: 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
engineerboat:

Wole Olanipekun is biting more than He can chew.

He more of technical counsel looking for technicalities about than issue and substance of his case..
That cost him the case
He knew there was no case, he just wanted to intimidate the judges.

But Aare f<ck up sha....

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by edoairways: 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
[quote author=Okwyjesus post=86985072][/quote]
Hope they replicate same for Emeka Ihedioha vs Hope Uzodinma's case
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Amumaigwe: 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
fairfora:

https://punchng.com/bayelsa-judgment-supreme-court-fines-afe-babalola-olanipekun-n60m/

Where are all those small Yoruba boys that were hyping Wole Olanipekun and Afe Babslola as invincible? They must contribute a part of this #60m fine because they must have taken up the case on the strength of those cheers thinking they stood a chance. See where over confidence has landed them; shame and ignominy.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
Iceberg3:
Ahhh!!! School fees will go up niyen,o

This one is bitter...just a plain vvvv

Lzaa immhotep

grin
Yarimo will not sleep well today grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by bizhop01: 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
lhakhemhe:
Affordable laptops that guarantees 100% warranty...

A trial will convince you
What is the price for all?
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Afamed: 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
immhotep:

Yarimo will not sleep well today grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed
Must you lie.
Supreme court never fine any lawyer
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Afamed: 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
engineerboat:

Please allow them to rest abeg.

They will soon come with another technicality why supreme court must re-review the case again
You have finally regained your voice after Atiku refused to cum
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
Afamed:

Must you lie.
Supreme court never fine any lawyer
Any lawyer who refuses to reject sai babarism will be fined with immediate effect grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed helinues t9ksy blackking98 jimyjames ebenezar2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by basadenet: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Imo state has a good case but zamfara is worse

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by igbojay: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
BabaO2:

But Faleke personally took APC/INEC up to the supreme court, and it was upheld by the supreme court that Faleke and Audu were two different individuals, therefore Faleke can't take benefit of Audu's demise to become governor

Yeah he lost cos he could not take advantage of the situation.

Party supremacy.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Appili(m): 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
Please, who get Fr. Mbaka phone number, l won ask am how market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Yusuf Buhari As He Arrives Nigeria From Medical Trip Abroad / Biafra: Atiku Speaks On IPOB, Army Clash In Abia / Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.