Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? (800 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? / In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React / Anita & Jide: Man Who Earns ₦15m Asks His Fiancee Who Earns ₦42m To Quit Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
Yeah,right.I've heared d popular cliche',"it doesn't matter as long as we understand each other".In as much as i agree that both patners can sustain the marriage when there's understanding,i also believe that a woman's ego may not let such marriage last
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by Hhansome(m): 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
Not bad!
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by Davash222(m): 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
I can't even marry a lady who earns same or below with me. Girl power shouldn't end only on social media, she should use that strength and power to make enough money for us.
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2020
the important question IS: what wrong with a woman who earns more than her man?!

...or better yet: are you that insecure about the woman you want to spend the rest of your natural life with?!
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by healthserve(m): 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
favoryte33:
Yeah,right.I've heared d popular cliche',"it doesn't matter as long as we understand each other".In as much as i agree that both patners can sustain the marriage when there's understanding,i also believe that a woman's ego may not let such marriage last

Forget her money. Watch her ego. There lies the truth. I've done it and I'll say to men to watch it and be very careful. Their work environment has turned them to something else. With rivalry and competition their work environment has instilled in them,pytting up with such energy on a consistent basis would mean heart attack, untimely death grin

Not all lose themselves anyway sha. But ego must be watched and consistently

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2020
Odikwa risky
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by chatinent: 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
That's not a criterion to avoid; I will marry a woman I love, and who shares my beliefs.
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by MiVida(m): 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
I will not!
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by 2buffagain(m): 12:54am On Feb 28, 2020
healthserve:

Forget her money. Watch her ego. There lies the truth. I've done it and I'll say to men to watch it and be very careful. Their work environment has turned them to something else. With rivalry and competition their work environment has instilled in them,pytting up with such energy on a consistent basis would mean heart attack, untimely death grin

Not all lose themselves anyway sha. But ego must be watched and consistently

If you notice your partner is disrespecting you because of "job energy", you should not be that much of a bitch that you cannot tell her to "keep that energy at work" and not bring it to where you live....and mean it. She will appreciate you for calling her out on it.

Some women find it difficult to compartmentalize like that because in their minds everything is connected. That's why they have you to check them and then let them know how. Balance and compartmentalization.

As to the general topic of this thread, I like that she makes all the money she can.
The best situation to be in is when monthly expenses can be covered up by one person's income so the other person's income can be used for investments, etc.
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by healthserve(m): 4:27am On Feb 28, 2020
2buffagain:

If you notice your partner is disrespecting you because of "job energy", you should not be that much of a bitch that you cannot tell her to "keep that energy at work" and not bring it to where you live....and mean it. She will appreciate you for calling her out on it.

Some women find it difficult to compartmentalize like that because in their minds everything is connected. That's why they have you to check them and then let them know how. Balance and compartmentalization.

As to the general topic of this thread, I like that she makes all the money she can.
The best situation to be in is when monthly expenses can be covered up by one person's income so the other person's income can be used for investments, etc.

You're spit on brotherly. But these generation's are diehards. It didn't work one bit. They exhibit that filthy character flaw and most times don't know they carry over that toxic energy into non-working activities

If a woman can effectively compartmentlaize without bringing job energy into the mix,then finance may not necessarily be an issue

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 6:10am On Feb 28, 2020
A man who earns less than you will kill you. I advise any woman never date below your class all in the name of love. Trust me. What a child can’t see standing up the grown can see sitting down.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by Skmoda360(m): 6:30am On Feb 28, 2020
HeavenlyCherub:
A man who earns less than you will kill you. I advise any woman never date below your class all in the name of love. Trust me. What a child can’t see standing up the grown can see sitting down.

The bolded, it's our work oooo..... grin grin grin grin...na you remix am

Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by oweniwe(m): 6:37am On Feb 28, 2020
HeavenlyCherub:

They should stay single. There are many young jobless girls that will happily replace them

The most they will become is single mother.

I wouldn't marry a woman who earns more than me either. Once a woman begins to earn more money than her husband, she will become cocky and arrogant.... Everything must be done her way even when she is wrong or is not her business otherwise, rude talk or malice will start.

It will not end there, she will be broadcasting to everyone who cares to listen how her husband is spineless and she's the one doing everything in the home.

There are many of them 35-45 and single flaunting their money by day, but are bitter and lonely at night. When you start dating them initially, they are homely and nice... After 2-3 months, they start "director" tendencies.

And emotionally, they're a mess. Too many heartbreaks have made them bitter, resentful and numb.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by Goddys(m): 9:42am On Apr 11, 2020
HeavenlyCherub:
You sound so bitter and your experience cannot be same as others.

Believe me, you need therapy sessions with a psychiatrist to uproot the pains of the past.

As a matter of fact, I know many married women who are bread winners and carrying their husbands along. Stop acting as if you know it all.

Not all men give a damn about what a woman earns until she starts rubbing it on their face. Money and class are temporary
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by Toseenlove: 10:22am On Apr 11, 2020
Even If she earns triple of my salary, I would still marry her so as far she has good qualities of a wife material. I'm gone pass the at stone age of many African Men...

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by 2buffagain(m): 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
The only time this will be an issue is if the man is a bum.
Then ofcourse resentment will set in.
As long as you don't get comfortable over the mindset of "My wife has money", and you are also keeping things balanced around the house, And she is not psychotic, then you'll be fine.

If you are doing you and handling things and she is still a bitch, look I'm not above divorcing a woman who is hellbent on being disrespectful. This is one thing she will know about me from day one. Respect is my number 1 love language.
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by Bennysam: 9:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
[quote author=Hhansome post=87013401]Not bad![/
Not bad until you enter
Re: Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns Above You? by pennywys(m): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
That's what I'm praying for

(1) (Reply)

Five Types Of Men Every Woman Needs To Stay Away From / Have The Girl You Disvirgined Ever Disappointed You / Why Do Most Pretty Women Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.