Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state (38272 Views)

Oldest History Books Say Yoruba Not Benin Founded Lagos / Why Is The Yoruba Not United In Business & Politics / How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Amujale(m): 11:40am On Apr 06, 2020
gregyboy:

Oga tell me

Amujale

Firstly, Yoruba is an Ethnicity and not a tribe.

Secondly, there are no tribes in Africa.

Anyone looking for tribes, will find them in Asia and Europe.

Furthermore, let me now pass you back to TAO11 to give you that work.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Sarah20A(f): 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mraphel:
Are yoruba and Edo the same, that can be used interchangeably in the state?

Are the Edos afraid of Yoruba dominance in Edo ?

is Edo a yoruba state?why do you people always feel entitled to what is not yours?if the yoruba speaking Edos claimed they are from yoruba and not Edo then they look for their entitlement in yoruba land.and it will interest your ignorant ass to know that all local government areas and villages have representatives in the palace no matter the language they speak.the great grandfather of the governor of the state was an igbo man and he was one of the reason why the iyase title was created .please try to do research before posting anything.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Sarah20A(f): 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mraphel:
These above questions comes to my mind about Edo state.

The Yorubas people are also native to Edo state like Esan, Afamai, Etc but why are edo people not giving Yoruba their deserved recognition in Edo state as a tribe in Edo state.

1. Many towns closed to Ore speaks the Yoruba language

2. Many towns in Akoko edo are yoruba migrants that settled in Edo state.

3. Many Yoruba kingship titles and chief titles in Edo state.

4. Many yoruba religions in Edo eg Ogun , Sango Oronmila, Ifa, Olokun , aiyelala etc

5. First oba of Bini (Yoruba) grandson of Oduduwa.

6. First onibilo of ibilo is Yoruba among others in Edo state

7. Many Edos bears Yoruba surnames

Then why are Edo people trying to put Yoruba at disadvantage in their Edo-state at all cost? These Edo yorubas are now afraid to bear Yoruba names because they will face discrimination of Jobs, tribe that will come with it...while the Edo people in Yoruba lands are not discriminated upon at all.
the names you claimed as yoruba names were initially Benin words or sentences which were corrupted by you people.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sarah20A:
[s]Edo a yoruba state?why do you people always feel entitled to what is not yours?if the yoruba speaking Edos claimed they are from yoruba and not Edo then they look for their entitlement in yoruba land.and it will interest your ignorant ass to know that all local government areas and villages have representatives in the palace no matter the language they speak.the great grandfather of the governor of the state was an igbo man and he was one of the reason why the iyase title was created .please try to do research before posting anything.[/s]

It's an unwritten rule that emotional rants will not be tolerated on this specific thread.

Please adjust.
Thanks! wink

3 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 12:37pm On Apr 06, 2020
Amujale:

Firstly, Yoruba is an Ethnicity and not a tribe.

Secondly, there are no tribes in Africa.

Anyone looking for tribes, will find them in Asia and Europe.

Furthermore, let me now pass you back to TAO11 to give you that work.

Cheers!

Hahaha!

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Sarah20A(f): 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mraphel:

Bini, Esan, Akoko ego Afenmai, igbanke , etc are tribes in Edo but Yoruba excluded.
you have to understand that there was nothing like yoruba and you have to go back to the grassroots to fully understand everything.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Sarah20A(f): 1:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
TAO11:

It's an unwritten rule that emotional rants will not be tolerated on this specific thread.

Please adjust.
Thanks! wink
this are not emotional rants but questions and facts directed to a specific person and not you undecided
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sarah20A:
this are not emotional rants but questions and facts directed to a specific person and not you undecided

I am sorry if I wasn't polite.

But those are loads of rhetorical questions.

They're emotional rants, sister.

Please cut it out.

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Mraphel: 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sarah20A:
you have to understand that there was nothing like yoruba and you have to go back to the grassroots to fully understand everything.
There was nothing like Yoruba but there's Oduduwa till this day, Also there wasn't the word Benin before Oronmiyan grandson of oduduwa came to Benin.

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Mraphel: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sarah20A:
the names you claimed as yoruba names were initially Benin words or sentences which were corrupted by you people.
That means in the past Benin were Yoruba. These modern Benin doesn't know the meaning of d names but yoruba people will tell you

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
TAO11:
cc: samuk gregyboy

As promised above, see attachment below for the ancient copper alloy figure of the Ooni of Ife recovered by from the palace of Benin kingdom
--- see S. P. Blier, 2012, p.77. see also The Benin Museum.

An interesting observation:
-------------------------------------------
I noticed, in the course of this exchange that (despite it not being a good looking idea for Benin kingdom) you all still somehow clung to the obviously disproven idea of Nupe/Igala ascendancy over Benin kingdom.

More like anything to escape from the Yorubas. grin grin grin

Anyways, you all are stuck, and the Izoduwa theory has been disproven as a myth. grin

Accept fate! smiley

I am, however, still waiting for your reply on Orun Oba Ado which I have shown (through historical and archaeological evidence) to be the burial site of the heads of third-reign Benin Obas.

samuk, I warned you from the outset!

Lets start analysis i guess gou always think one way only

Benin had contact with not only the imagined ife but other yorubas, such as ekiti, ondo, eko, oyo history only mentioned one encounter with ife and that was around 10 century bringing back oromiyan, after that no other history was recorded about ife and benin not even by the Portuguese. the sculpture you happen to have posted is a 14c artwork , dont you think the sculpture was too early to have been made at 10 century when obviously the contact btw ife and benin happened once at 10 century

Lets also reason it this way, benin happend to have encountered other yorubas from 14c till date since its conquest in yoruba nations probably the sculpture could be ekiti or owo sculpture or even an alafin sculpture and not necessarily ooni sculpture like it was tagged
And probably found its way to benin through interaction with other yorubas benin had encountered in later years or probably the benin merchant in yoruba areas brought it to the palace as all artworks belongs to the oba, so when it was brought to the palace the oba recieved it and kept it as a gift or treasure from vassal areas

We cant tag these sculpture ooni" we don't know how the ooni dressed no ife sculpture depicted ooni to have dressed that way

Probably it was alost sculpture we don't know how he got to benin or who had brought it, but you and your ooni quickly tag it ooni ife like it was written on it or because it had a symbol similar to ife art
But yet no similar artwork of such sculpture is found in ife art i could have also close mg eyes and belive that sculpture was brought by benin from ife to benin but guy the date doesnt match benin and if encounter happened to have occurred earlier than the said sculpture, probably the benin had found it in another yoruba areas they stayed and took possession of it and later took it to benin this also doesn't guarantee or pdove its an ife art or oonis depict sculpture
Untill an atwork similar to it can be found in ife, then we can bodly tagg it ooni" or ife art work, despite all this scholars also belived the ife art works were not made by the ife people probably paid people who were skilled in it to do it

If you indeed want me to believe it was an Ife art and not an art made by other yoruba that got lost to benin

Give me a picture of a similar art work of such masterpiece from ife, if not tagging it ife art because a faulty history saif they once had contact would be wrong

Note : please if you mention me nxt time pls make it short like this dont come and be writing two pages because u want to prove a point it scares me to resd it please make it short

Samuk

TAO11

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Lets start analysis i guess gou always one way only

Benin had contact with not only the imagined ife but other yorubas history only mentioned only one encounter with ife and that was around 10 century bringing back oromiyan after that no other history was recorded not even by the Portuguese the sculpture you happen to posted is a 14c, dont you think the sculpture was too early to be made at 10 century when obviously gje contact btw ife and benin happened once at 10 century

Lets also reason it this way, benin happend to have encountered other yorubas from 14c till date since its conquest in yoruba nations probably the sculpture could be ife or owo sculpture or even an alafin sculpture and not necessarily not ooni sculpture like it was tagged
And it found its way to benin through interaction with other yorubas benin had encountered in later years or probably the benin merchant in yoruba areas brought it to the palace as all artworks belongs to the oba, so when it was brought to the palace the oba recieved it and kept it as a gift or treasure from vassal areas

Now the sculpture was lost we don't know how he got to benin or who brought it, but you and your ooni quickly tag it ooni ife like it was written on it or because it had a symbol similar to ife art
But yet no similar artwork of such sculpture is found in ife art

If you indeed want me to believe it was an Ife art and not an art made by other yoruba that got lost to benin

Give me a picture of a similar art work of such masterpiece from ife, if not tagging it ife art because a faulty history saif they once had contact would be wrong

Note : please if you mention me nxt time pls make it short like this dont come and be writing two pages because u want to prove a point it scares me to resd it please make it short.[/s]

Samuk

See replies to your ret@rded contentions here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/18#88149121

The only reason you've replied me now while samuk himself has ran away is because you're less intelligent than he.

He understands what hit him. You on the other hand have no clue what's even going on.

Go get yourself a copy of "Queen Primer".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Astark: 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
So funny how yorubas are dying to make their history the same as the benins

It's not our fault your history is full of slavery and other ethnic groups dominating them
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Astark: 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
I've not even read a single gibberish on this entire thread and I wont read them
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
Astark:
[s]So funny how yorubas are dying to make their history the same as the benins

It's not our fault your history is full of slavery and other ethnic groups dominating them.[/s]

Astark:
[s]I've not even read a single gibberish on this entire thread and I wont read them.
[/s]
Taking your time to type up comments in response to some comments that you didnt read makes you appear ins@nely m0ronic.

Summary: The history of the Yoruba people is light years ahead of the Edos' whom the Yorubas have subjugated on their own Edo land for about 1000 years and still counting!

Italy! Italy!! Italy!!! Does this name also ring a bell??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
TAO11:

See replies to your ret@rded contentions here:

The only reason you've replied me now while samuk himself has ran away is because you're less intelligent than him.

He understands what hit him. You on the other hand have no clue what's even going on.

Go get yourself a copy of "Queen Primer".

You made no sense here

What is my contention you're barking about for
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Astark: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2020
anything to tie their worthless history to benin kingdom..

i will advise those benins commenting here to stop, it is what they want. no point in proving anything
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
gregyboy:
[s]You made no sense here

What is my contention you're barking about for[/s]

Astark:
[s]anything to tie their worthless history to benin kingdom..

i will advise those benins commenting here to stop, it is what they want. no point in proving anything.[/s]

Whatver I've been dishing out is obviously beyond your reach.

Go have debates with your ilks. Make sure to support the motion that the tortoise is wiser than the rabbit.

Go well, bye-bye! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 07, 2020
samuk:

Do you even know the meaning of the word logic, what I stated about Oba Ovonramwen having more wives and children in Calabar between 1897 and 1914 is a fact that can easily be verified on the internet and there was no reference to land dragging in my submission.

There are photos of him and his immediate family members taken in Calabar on the internet.

His family members in Calabar didn't return back to Benin neither did they all died with him.

The house Oba Ovonramwen stayed in Calabar is preserved as a museum and tourist centre, assuming you know the meaning of this.

If you are doubting this well known history of not just Benin but of Nigeria and still can't understand all the explanations I have given you about how his descendants in Calabar can claim Benin royal ancestry, you have serious issues with comprehension and it exposes your level of education.

You don't have to loose your head for having no history of your own to be proud of, all you need to do next time when people are discussing Benin history is to simply stay out of it not to have a heartbreak.

That doesn't make them indigenous.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

(1) Except that d'Aveiros documented from Benin kingdom in the same 15th century that the Ogane is suzerain over Benin kingdom.

And today, historians have since settled the olden debate of who the Ogané is. See 1st attachment below. grin

(2) No one argued that this bronze sculpture was produced by some ancient Ife artist.

I already mentioned it to be a Benin bronze sculpture. In other words, a bronze sculpture produced by some ancient Benin artist.

What I had stated, with scholarly evidence, was that this Benin bronze sculpture represents an Ife messenger.

Now you grasp the difference! grin

(3) Except that Ife bronzes are more detailed, are more accurate, and are more realistic.

You may want to produce any ancient Benin artwork (of about the same time as seen in my 2nd attachment below) which you think may even compare in detail, accuracy, or realism. Lol.

Having said that, your just-disproven-point (3) does not even help you and your brother's argument here, even if it were true. Yet it isn't.

No, it was I who provided the image of the Benin sculpture with cat-whisker marks as evidence for my point.
gregyboy only 'stole' it despite him not realizing that it supports my point and not his.
See link below to where I brought it up.

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/17#88133778

And the picture of the "Nupe" people he provided only shows what is already known --- which is that: The Nupe people, just like the Yagba-Yoruba people, also have catwhisker markings.

Do we then arbitrarily conclude that the Benin figure represents a Nupe person --- without further evidence --- even when Yagba-Yoruba people have exactly the very same markings?

No! That would be a silly and m0r0nic thing to do! Further evidence have to be adduced.

So, which identification does further evidence support? See point (4)

(4) Except that scholars say the exact opposite of your conclusion here --- a conclusion you have drawn from your watery logic.

Scholars have already submitted the following:

(a) That "a group of Yagba Yoruba (the Yoruba subgroup who bears cat whisker markings) occupy an Ife ward where the Iyagba dialect is still sometimes spoken."
--- Andrew Apter (p.c.) cited in S. P. Blier, 2012. p.77

(b) That Benin bronzes of persons with cat whisker markings depict messengers from Ife.
--- S. P. Blier, 2012, p.77.

Conclusion:
Firstly, it is seen very clearly that the bronze sculpture in question is made in ancient Benin considering its obvious artistic style, and also going by the conlusions of art historians.

Secondly, this Benin bronze is clearly of a man with cat whisker markings.

So, tell me why "any fair minded person" will forsake the scholarly conclusion that this Benin bronze represents an Ife messenger; and rather go with the fairytale of Nairaland clowns --- samuk or gregyboy.

(5) Except that according to d'Aveiros' account, the production of the small brass crosses was not meant for the Ogane's kingdom itself.

They are instead meant to be produced and despatched to Benin (as part of the incoming Oba's official emblems of office) once in every Benin ascension.
--- João de Barros,1552 in Ryder, 1965, pp.26-27.

And it is also mentioned in ibid, p.33. that the messengers also keep similar brass crosses for themselves as reward for the labour of the journey.

Now guess what, an interesting evidence of the actual existence and use of the brass crosses survived till as late as the 1920s, during the reign of Oba Eweka II to be precise.

Ward-Price documents some of the experience from his visit to Oba Eweka II.

He noted that the Oba took him into a narr0w ro0m in the palace --- a room which he noted has a tall window at an end.

--- See the 4th attachment below for some details of what he learnt from Oba Eweka II during this visit. His documentation shows clearly that the not only does the use of the brass crosses survive till the mid 1900s, their use in Benin kingdom also connects to Ife and Yoruba land.

Clearly, the account specifically mentioned "Oghene" in relation to "Ife". grin

How will you guys get yourselves out of this? cheesy

(6) Except that the earliest Europeans did write about the Kingdom of the Oghene both in d'Aveiros' late 1400s documentation, and also in a 1525 French map with Latin annotations.

And we know --- not only from my 1st attachment (which shows a modern scholarly consensus), but also from Oba Eweka II's testimony to Ward-Price --- that the Oghene is none other than the Ooni of Ife.

--- See the 3rd attachment for the 1525 map showing the words "Regnum Orguene" (Latin for: "Kingdom of the Oghene") written over the Nigeria region.

If you had argued that the early Portuguese didn't enter Ife, that would have been a different story.

And historians have now come to know why the Europeans back then didn't dare attempt taking the risk. grin

(7) The rants here need no reply, and the repititions therein have already been debunked somewhere from points (1) to (6).

(8 ) Yes, Ife was one of the most prominent pre- 16th century surviving empires in the west Africa forest.

And yes, survivng evidence does exists from this golden age.

For example, archaeological excavation quests have unearthed ancient Ife artworks that has been described by the archaeologist, Frank Willett as "art works of first importance" which he noted are "so very sophisticated in a European manner that they stood apart from the rest of African sculpture."
--- F. Willett, 1959, p.135.

Also, archaeological excavation quests have unearthed glass manufacturing sites from ancient Ife at Igbo-Olokun, etc. dating to as early as the 12th century or even earlier.

What about the ancient Ife's unique dichroic glass beads production site which was also unearthed --- a discovery which has come to reveal Ife's commercial power even in as distant places as Ghana, Mali, and Mauritania.

Did I mention Ife's ancient iron smelting sites? Note, I'm not talking here of mere blacksmithing sites. Again, iron smelting sites.

I almost forgot, the unearthing of large areas of ancient potsherd/quartz peeble pavement from ancient Ife. These particular finds have since confirmed to experts that the art of street tiling was known in early times in ancient Ife.

They are just two numerous to mention!

Having said all that, hard extant archaeological evidence (from at least the early 1300s) exists which confirms the Ife-Benin connection.

For example, visit the Benin Museum as soon as you can, and ask the chief curator (who is most certainly a Benin person) about the copper alloy image of the Ooni of Ife which is kept in the Museum.

To give you a sneak peek of the response you will get:

An ancient copper alloy figure clearly identifiable by experts as the image of an Ooni of Ife was recovered from the Benin palace. I won't say a word! grin
--- see my next comment for an attached image of this figure.

(9) The rants here need no reply, and the repititions therein have already been debunked somewhere from points (1) to (8 )

Peace!! grin

The problem i have with you like i always tell you, ypu belive so many rubbish you read online especially from the one that suit you

Egharevba works are 33 in numbers and constantly revised but you keep on posting is old works which he corrected in his other books but you are quick to criticize ryder works as old work
Without you proven it

I am still waiting for a copy of adam knobler book and the namesof scholar who had disagreed wit ryder article

Becuae the mesum curator and historians says so doesn't amount to it been correct you should know

Research work on nigeria art are constantly revisited constantly even in modern times

We can't even ascertain who this sculpture is depicting but scholars jumped quickly to believe its ife without no trace of an ife identity just only account of historical tales

And you my friend have debated me with this same art as a gpruba ife art

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]The problem i have with you like i always tell you, ypu belive so many rubbish you read online especially from the one that suit you

Egharevba works are 33 in numbers and constantly revised but you keep on posting is old works which he corrected in his other books but you are quick to criticize ryder works as old work
Without you proven it

I am still waiting for a copy of adam knobler book and the namesof scholar who had disagreed wit ryder article

Becuae the mesum curator and historians says so doesn't amount to it been correct you should know

Research work on nigeria art are constantly revisited constantly even in modern times

We can't even ascertain who this sculpture is depicting but scholars jumped quickly to believe its ife without no trace of an ife identity just only account of historical tales

And you my friend have debated me with this same art as a gpruba ife art[/s]
You are still here struggling for your life.

Anyways, there is not one thing in your gibberish above which I have not debunked and rubbished on this same thread, or in others

My honest advice for you is as follows:

(1) Make out time to go through my recent posts and digest them thoroughly as if you have an exam to write.

(2) Prior to doing that, make sure you have gotten yourself a copy of Queen Primer and study through all its available volume.

(3) Proceed after then to debating those of the same single-digit IQ as you, and see how well you've fared if any progress still.

It is after all the foregoing that I may consider ever stooping down again to engaging you on what should be an intellectual exchange.

But for now, it is very, very obvious that my ideas, ratiocination, and appreciation of evidence very, very easily eludes your grasp.

Shouldn't that be obvious to you as enough evidence that I am way, way out of your league? undecided

Your urgent task for now, if you still feel bitten by truth, is to go around Benin scouting for relevant persons whom you think is worth my time in terms of intellectual competence, integrity, and decorum.

It must, at a minimum, be someone who is much, much smarter than the combination of you, samuk, ghostwon, and davidnazee --- otherwise it will be another waste of my precious time.

I have spent enough of my time on charity, especially with you --- spoonfeeding you in the hope of seeing some growth.

Anytime you feel the intense emotional need to "defend" "Benin kingdom" from truth, always ask yourself the following $1m question:

Why did those whom I admit are way smarter than me (i.e. samuk, ghostwon, et al.) run away from these 'reputation' shattering points even though it was specifically directed at them??

For anyone who care for truth --- As it stands now, it has been demonstrated (beyond a shred of reasonable contention) that the Orun Oba Ado site in Ife is indeed the burial site of the exhumed heads of every third-reign Benin king.

See the three links below (with the 3rd being very important) for the analysis of the historical and archaeological evidence leading to this conclusion on Orun Oba Ado.

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/14#88076290

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/14#88076310

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/15#88104911

As is seen from above, the 1961-2 archaeological finds by Professor Frank Willett, from the Orun Oba Ado site, came to match and corroborate the historical data earlier published by Chief J. U. Egharevba in the mid-1940s with astonishing accuracy.

This has therefore puts to a final rest all the laughable conspiracy jokes of how Chief J. U. Egharevba hated is own Edo heritage --- jokes that have been repeatedly regurgitated by certain Binis who struggle to stomach the "too-much-truth" from their own most celebrated indigenous Edo historian in the world.

Also, as it stands now, the fact the Ooni of Ife is regarded in ancient Bini kingdom as God Almighty (incarnated in human flesh) --- "Oghene" as they called him --- has being established without a shred of reasonable contention. See link below (among numerous other comments in this thread) on this:

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

You are still here struggling for your life.

Anyways, there is not one thing in your gibberish above which I have not debunked and rubbished on this same thread, or in others

My honest advice for you is as follows:

(1) Make out time to go through my recent posts and digest them thoroughly as if you have an exam to write.

(2) Prior to doing that, make sure you have gotten yourself a copy of Queen Primer and study through all its available volume.

(3) Proceed after then to debating those of the same single-digit IQ as you, and see how well you've fared if any progress still.

It is after all the foregoing that I may consider ever stooping down again to engaging you on what should be an intellectual exchange.

But for now, it is very, very obvious that my ideas, ratiocination, and appreciation of evidence very, very easily eludes your grasp.

Shouldn't that be obvious to you as enough evidence that I am way, way out of your league? undecided

Your urgent task for now, if you still feel bitten by truth, is to go around Benin scouting for relevant persons whom you think is worth my time in terms of intellectual competence, integrity, and decorum.

It must, at a minimum, be someone who is much, much smarter than the combination of you, samuk, ghostwon, and davidnazee --- otherwise it will be another waste of my precious time.

I have spent enough of my time on charity, especially with you --- spoonfeeding you in the hope of seeing some growth.

Anytime you feel the intense emotional need to "defend" "Benin kingdom" from truth, always ask yourself the following $1m question:

Why did those whom I admit are way smarter than me (i.e. samuk, ghostwon, et al.) run away from these 'reputation' shattering points even though it was specifically directed at them??

For anyone who care for truth --- As it stands now, it has been demonstrated (beyond a shred of reasonable contention) that the Orun Oba Ado site in Ife is indeed the burial site of the exhumed heads of every third-reign Benin king.

See the three links below (with the 3rd being very important) for the analysis of the historical and archaeological evidence leading to this conclusion on Orun Oba Ado.

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/14#88076290

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/14#88076310

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/15#88104911

As is seen from above, the 1961-2 archaeological finds by Professor Frank Willett, from the Orun Oba Ado site, came to match and corroborate the historical data earlier published by Chief J. U. Egharevba in the mid-1940s with astonishing accuracy.

This has therefore puts to a final rest all the laughable conspiracy jokes of how Chief J. U. Egharevba hated is own Edo heritage --- jokes that have been repeatedly regurgitated by certain Binis who struggle to stomach the "too-much-truth" from their own most celebrated indigenous Edo historian in the world.

Also, as it stands now, the fact the Ooni of Ife is regarded in ancient Bini kingdom as God Almighty (incarnated in human flesh) --- "Oghene" as they called him --- as being established without a shred of reasonable contention. See link below (among numerous other comments in this thread) on this:

Cheers!

Lol, you sick
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, you sick

No, you are!
And I know it.
Not "Lol"ing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

No, you are!
And I know it.
Not "Lol"ing.

Ife never had any relationship with benin

I have debunked all your proves

Sickboy

Metaphysical
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Ife never had any relationship with benin
I have debunked all your proves
Sickboy[/s]
Metaphysical

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/18#88149224

Attached too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

Attached too.

How incredible is this source

I always say you're retard

Or should i show you a screenshot of benin claiming they begot anything called ife

Nigga who wrote that trash Oduduwa" festival

Lol, you just see anything that suit you, and you post it

Guy u nor wise at all, you nor get sense

Bring atleast from a source from edonet that agrees with that we binis celebrate oduduwa festival lol

Again you sick

Benin and ife dont have any connections
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]How incredible is this source
I always say you're retard Or should i show you a screenshot of benin claiming they begot anything called ife
Nigga who wrote that trash Oduduwa" festival Lol, you just see anything that suit you, and you post itGuy u nor wise at all, you nor get sense
Bring atleast from a source from edonet that agrees with that we binis celebrate oduduwa festival lol.Again you sick.Benin and ife dont have any connections.[/s]
Again:

Regarding the fact contained in the attachment on Oduduwa festival: see: The Stories Told By My GrandFather. Sorry --- typographical error, crossed out. cheesy

Rather, see: The Art Institute of Chicago wink
https://archive.artic.edu/benin/rituals/
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

Again:

Regarding the fact contained in the attachment on Oduduwa festival: see: The Stories Told By My GrandFather. Sorry --- typographical error, crossed out. cheesy

Rather, see: The Art Institute of Chicago wink
https://archive.artic.edu/benin/rituals/

Guy get sense revaluate what you seeon net before you post it coming from foreign source doesnt make it correct even the foreign i post i criticize it before i post them here

You on the other hand behaves like what benin call ozur(fool) and post anything Because it sooth you

Try and goggle type Oduduwa festival in benin and show me the result screenshot it for me
See the internet is full of fakenewes i guess you are aware of that

Since it's a festival as the article mentioned ig would be a very popular information in benin so goggle type it and screenshot the result of searches put

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Sarah20A(f): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Mraphel:

That means in the past Benin were Yoruba. These modern Benin doesn't know the meaning of d names but yoruba people will tell you
tell me the meaning of oshodi,Eko,etc.if some modern Benins don't know some of the meanings doesn't make those names to be that of yoruba
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Mraphel: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
Sarah20A:
tell me the meaning of oshodi,Eko,etc.if some modern Benins don't know some of the meanings doesn't make those names to be that of yoruba
Don't know. Tell me the meaning of Benin?
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Sarah20A(f): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
Mraphel:

There was nothing like Yoruba but there's Oduduwa? Also there wasn't the word Benin before Oronmiyan grandson of oduduwa came to Benin.
oronmiyan's own was ' ile ubinu' it was the Portuguese who corrupted it to Benin.you know how Benin came about so tell me how that word 'yoruba 'came about and were are the oduduwa family in yoruba land?please also explained how ooni of ife was not a blue blood was crowned?
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Sarah20A(f): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
Mraphel:

Don't know. Tell me the meaning of Benin?
the original name of the Benin people were 'igodomigodo'then followed by 'ile ubinu' which was corrupted by the Portuguese to Benin .so technically Benin mean ile ubinu and ile ubinu means land of vexation in yoruba word,then it was changed to Edo by oba eweka.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess / White Man Holds Umbrella For Oluwo Of Iwoland, Rasheed Akanbi In London / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.