Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,174 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state - Culture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state (38250 Views)

Oldest History Books Say Yoruba Not Benin Founded Lagos / Why Is The Yoruba Not United In Business & Politics / How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 11:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
You must be a very unhappy man going on every thread denying your Yoruba conqueror from food, gods, culture to Oba.

What is your Yoruba name?

If you do not have one, you don't belong to the Royal House. It is all the proof you need.

gregyboy:

All of us were fooled in primary school by the former western region revisionist it was a tustle between all top class king to be the chairman of the former western traditional king

If only you can do your research you will wakeup from the old political myth dont be lazy do your research question your doubt and come back to edit this your comment

8 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
googi:
You must be a very unhappy man going on every thread denying your Yoruba conqueror from food, gods, culture to Oba.

If you do not have one, you don't belong to the Royal House. It is all the proof you need.

Prove sicko prove
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
googi:

Bro, I swear we have done enough drilling to these slaves skulls.

They now turn on each other and call each other names.

They've also pounced on their Obas and call them fools. Well, we have the picture of one of them who said that. And he is about to be sacrificed to Ososmoye.

One of them said Owo artwork with obvious Ife facial striation are Benin arts. Their delusions have no upper limit.

Two of them have been begging the Igala and Nupe people to please accept the Binis as slaves. They said they were tired of being slaves to the Ifes.

Have you heard about the latest joke in town?? One of them said Benin got its name from Birni-Kebbi in Kebbi state. grin

So, everyone should be aware oo. Historians and the kings of Benin have been wrong all along. It should have been: Birnin-Kebbi/Benin Connection. grin grin grin grin

Anyways, there is a simple formula to kill them.

After you're done indulging them, then just say: Provide your evidence.

They will run far away as far as they can never to look back. It works like fire. Try it.

Cheers!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 11:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
TAO11:

Bro, I swear we have done enough drilling to these slaves skulls.

They now turn on each other and call each other names.

They now turn on their Obas and call them fools. Well, we have the picture of one of them who said that. And he is about to be sacrificed to Ososmoye.

One of them said Owo artwork with obvious Ife facial striation are Benin arts. Their delusions have no upper limit.

Two of them have been begging the Igala and Nupe people to please accept the Binis as slaves. They said they were tired of being slaves to the Ifes.

Have you heard about the latest joke in town?? One of them said Benin got its name from Birni-Kebbi in Kebbi state. grin

So, everyone should be aware oo. Historians and the kings of Benin have been wrong all along. It should have been: Bini-Kebbi/Benin Connection. grin grin grin grin

Anyways, there is a simple formula to kill them.

After you're done indulgung them, then just say: Provide your evidence.

They will run far away as far as they can never to look back. It works like fire. Try it.

Cheers!!

Lol. BENIN BINI-Kebbi. Both name actually sound alike. So, why they trace their origin back to BINI-Kebbi is understandable

It's a pity they just know their authentic source. For years their ancestors have been feeding them on lies and misleading account of who they are. Now they know better than the present and past historians of the palace. They know their source and they are ready to match to the Oba palace and call the ancient ones bloody liars.

4 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
babtoundey:

Lol. BENIN BINI-Kebbi. Both name actually sound alike. So, why they trace their origin back to BINI-Kebbi is understandable

It's a pity they just know their authentic source. For years their ancestors have been feeding them on lies and misleading account of who they are. Now they know better than the present and past historians of the palace. They know their source and they are ready to match to the Oba palace and call the ancient ones bloody liars.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

It's not even BENIN-kebbi. It's BiRnin-Kebbi.

They have no basis for anything they say.

I damaged them beyond any repair.

Thanks for your immense contributions too.

3 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
TAO11:

I am pleased I contributed in the little way I could.

I'm more pleased to follow and read your views and submissions all along. May God replenish your knowledge and grant you abundant wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11,

Abeg no kill person.

Which one be

4 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
googi:
TAO11,

Abeg no kill person.

Which one be

Na so I read am oo. grin grin grin

Lemme call the boy who said it.

For more Benin jokes just text lies to gregyboy. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:

Na so I read am oo. grin grin grin

Lemme call the boy who said it.

For more Benin jokes just text lies to gregyboy. grin grin grin grin

Now we know ife-benin is myth and TAO11 and goggi are unable to prove me wrong

Portuguese never mentioned benin ife relationship but records of benin soldiers on eko and other yoruba environs was mentioned including oyo and none on ife , Because it was just a fabrication

You all should laff at the joke egharevba formed o ile binu to benin... Seriously grin grin

The Portuguese would have gone for a simpler word like edo since its easier to pronounce instead of corrupting ile binu

Our neighbors never knew us as benins but rather a corrupt version of edo so why was the Portuguese different did you both ask yourself
The why, i bet no

This will occur if the Portuguese had originally invented the name to identify us due to the initially language barrier like i have explained on my previous comment

See the attachments below

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 11:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Now we know ife-benin is myth and TAO11 and goggi are unable to prove me wrong

Portuguese never mentioned benin ife relationship but records of benin soldiers on eko and other yoruba environs was mentioned including oyo and none on ife , Because it was just a fabrication

You all should laff at the joke egharevba formed o ile binu to benin... Seriously grin grin

The Portuguese would have gone for a simpler word like edo since its easier to pronounce instead of corrupting ile binu

Our neighbors never knew us as benins but rather a corrupt version of edo so why was the Portuguese different did you both ask yourself
The why, i bet no

This will occur if the Portuguese had originally invented the name to identify us due to the initially language barrier like i have explained on my previous comment

See the attachments below[/s]

Nobody should listen to this my Edo slave oo. grin cheesy

He has earned the curse of all the Obas of Benin already for calling them fools because their views agree with mine.

So, you all should not be surprised that his speech is incoherent, neither does his attachments ever match what he says.

Portuguese documents mentioned a ruler who is like God to the Binis. The Binis told the Portuguese that his name was Oghene or Ogane.

See what historians say today about this Oghene or Ogane in the attachment below:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 12:04am On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

Nobody should listen to this my Edo slave oo. grin cheesy

He has earned the curse of all the Obas of Benin already for calling them fools because their views agree with mine.

So, you all should not be surprised that his speech is incoherent, neither does his attachments ever match what he says.

Portuguese documents mentioned a ruler who is like God to the Binis. The Binis told the Portuguese that his name was Oghene or Ogane.

See what historians say today about this Oghene or Ogane in the attachment below:

Leave that to the audience

No relationship between benin and ife
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 12:09am On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Leave that to the audience

No relationship between benin and ife[/s]

Type it 300 hundred times, I swear people will believe you. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 12:48am On Apr 13, 2020
Gregyboy,

Why did you cut off the Ryder page: with the conquest by Fulani, Beni became absorbed into what?

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 1:23am On Apr 13, 2020
Gregyboy,

Before I do anything else, let me give you a hint:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/179645?seq=1
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 1:43am On Apr 13, 2020
Gregyboy, I am still waiting. More hint:

Ryder - the dynasty which now rule in Binin is related by current tradition to the Yoruba complex of kingship through a common ancestor Oduduwa the founder of ife

More?

After banishing the last ruler of the first Benin dynasty, Ogiso, so the tradition runs

Waiting o

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 3:02am On Apr 13, 2020
A RECONSIDERATION OF THE IFE-BENIN RELATIONSHIP
Author:
Ryder, F.C.
Date published:

Source:
Journal of African History Vol.6,no.1,1965,pp25-37
Subject:
BENIN
ODUDUA KINGSHIP
BENIN'S CHIEFS
Abstract:
The traditions now current among the Edo of Nigeria trace the origin of the Benin dynasty and the associated cire-perdue technique of brass-casting to Ife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2020
googi:
Gregyboy,

Why did you cut off the Ryder page: with the conquest by Fulani, Beni became absorbed into what?

Here it is,
Portuguese had heard records from the Arab merchant before thier sail to africa the arabs had told the western world of a kingdom named beny in Southern nupe With the description that fit benin city , Portuguese after seeing the benin people felt they have seeing the beny the arab mentioned in thier account

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 10:54am On Apr 13, 2020
googi:
A RECONSIDERATION OF THE IFE-BENIN RELATIONSHIP
Author:
Ryder, F.C.
Date published:

Source:
Journal of African History Vol.6,no.1,1965,pp25-37
Subject:
BENIN
ODUDUA KINGSHIP
BENIN'S CHIEFS
Abstract:
The traditions now current among the Edo of Nigeria trace the origin of the Benin dynasty and the associated cire-perdue technique of brass-casting to Ife.

There is no beni- ife relationship

And i wont argue any further on that with you untill you prove to me there was really a benin - ife relationship

All accounts disagree to it

The only thing that could get close to the relationship of benin and ife was orun oba ado which has been disproven from the name alone

Ekaladeran, Oduduwa were politcal myth created in the former western region by the western region kings for supiority battle

Another article which carried survey on this three areas oyo, benin, ife, it came out with the result that oyo was even older than benin, benin was way older than ife and that ife settlement probably emerged in the late 19c

This are historians who really dont work on tales but rather archeological evidence

All trace benin and ife never had any connections

There was never oromiyan in benin except you want to prove it with archeological evidence and not mere oral stories
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2020
babtoundey:

Who get wood for eye dey tell person say shit dey e dye....

Nonsense

What state are you from?

Thankgod for awolowo who united you all under the imaginary Oduduwa to save your village the stress of humiliation when asked thier origin

I bet your ancestors won't agree they came from ife but as we now know, every yoruba migrated directly from ife, the ife that historian carried out some archeological evidence on, and they found out ife was just a 19c settlement and owo palace is the oldest among all yoruba palace

So shut up and go and research were you are from
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

You are like a lizard that after climbing a short tree when he jumbs down he begins nodding his head to sing praises of himself since no one would praise him

No benin or even your fellow yoruba brothers praises himself like you do

How do you know you have flogged us, how do you know we are crying pathetic looser

Always attaching thier yoruba history to benin to make it sweet

No relationship btw benin and ife untill you wanna prove otherwise

You see no one is literally arguing on this thread again on Oduduwa or ekaladeran we have past that and it will continue to be so in the new threads coming

And i will be glad we were the first people to actually doubt the validity of benin-ife relationship
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 2:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

... And i will be glad we were the first people to actually doubt the validity of benin-ife relationship

Just like ghostwon doubted if you have a brain ?? ??

Buhaha cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

... the ife that historian carried out some archeological evidence on, and they found out ife was just a 19c settlement and owo palace is the oldest among all yoruba palace ...

babtoundey don't mind him oo. He is a Benin boy oo ... and you know what that means ... lie lie for a living.

See below:
In a 1969 report of a preliminary archaeological survey of Ife, Paul Ozanne noted that evidence shows that many settlements have been established in the Ife country by at least the 4th century BC.

Reference:
Paul Ozanne: "A Preliminary Report of an Archaeological Survey of Ife"; also "A New Archaeological Survey of Ife," Odu, new series, 1, 1969, pp.131-148.

There is nothing close to that from Benin Kingdom. grin grin grin

babatoundey, anytime a Benin liar comes to you with a lie, just say the following three words: "Give Me Evidence". The Benin liar will run far far away as far as he can into the evil forest never to look back again.

Try it, it works like fire. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

Just like ghostwon doubted if you have a brain ?? ??

Buhaha cheesy

Just like your colleagues are stylishly calling you a liar and you keep pushing it on us

The funny thing is me and ghostwon agrees on thesame thing

But you and your brothers dont, not to divide the attention they remain silent on your lies maybe in the private they will call you to order
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Just like your colleagues are stylishly calling you a liar and you keep pushing it on us

The funny thing is me and ghostwon agrees on thesame thing

But you and your brothers dont, not to divide the attention they remain silent on your lies maybe in the private they will call you to order.[/s]

Point out where any so-called colleague called me a liar.

And I will point out with a link, a quotion and a screenshot of where ghostwon messed you up while he added that your skull contains an empty vacuum without a functioning brain. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The only truth ghostwon ever uttered. grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2020
Gregyboy, see what you reduce Benin to. They got their ass kicked by Nupe.

Nupe got their ass kicked by Oyo and pay allegiance to Ife. They sought refuge in Lagos under Oshodi Tapa.

I think your pride will be better served as Yoruba slaves. This is why you will never tell us your Yoruba name because you are not part of the Royal House that conquered you. You won't give up but keep kicking.

You even lost your case in Court. Owomika will continue to pay you token after each coronation until you find a way to kick them out. Doubt it. Too late, just pay them Homage.

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 3:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Who get wood for eye dey tell person say shit dey e dye....

Nonsense

What state are you from?

Thankgod for awolowo who united you all under the imaginary Oduduwa to save your village the stress of humiliation when asked thier origin

I bet your ancestors won't agree they came from ife but as we now know, every yoruba migrated directly from ife, the ife that historian carried out some archeological evidence on, and they found out ife was just a 19c settlement and owo palace is the oldest among all yoruba palace

So shut up and go and research were you are from

Wether Awo, Zik or whoever you may think of pronounced the unification of the Yoruba, Yoruba have always been who they are. We are the Yoruba's we might not have been United by common names or acronym in the past, we have we are United by variety of values, culture, norms and customs. We are Yorubas, the children of "kaaro oojiire", we are people of common language, culture, identity, history origin and arts. We all know, feel, believe and admit Ife is our source. We know who we are. We have definite, generally acceptable and provable source and identity.

We will not suffer the pain and ignominy your folks are suffering at down of twentieth century in searching for who you truly are, we will never call our fathers and their ancestors liars and betrayers like you are doing now and our children shall be proud of their history connection them to their cradle so they will have no cause to spit with fury at our graves.

Keep on calling your fathers who are sincere in telling you who you and and not who you ought to be. If you succeed (no doubt you won't) your children and their children's children will spit on your face for telling them Eweka and his father's came from Kebbi/Nupe/Igala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
babtoundey:

Wether Awo, Zik or whoever you may think of pronounced the unification of the Yoruba, Yoruba have always been who they are. We are the Yoruba's we might not have been United by common names or acronym in the past, we have we are United by variety of values, culture, norms and customs. We are Yorubas, the children of "kaaro oojiire", we are people of common language, culture, identity, history origin and arts. We all know, feel, believe and admit Ife is our source. We know who we are. We have definite, generally acceptable and provable source and identity.

We will not suffer the pain and ignominy your folks are suffering at down of twentieth century in searching for who you truly are, we will never call our fathers and their ancestors liars and betrayers like you are doing now and our children shall be proud of their history connection them to their cradle so they will have no cause to spit with fury at our graves.

Keep on calling your fathers who are sincere in telling you who you and and not who you ought to be. If you succeed (no doubt you won't) your children and their children's children will spit on your face for telling them Eweka and his father's came from Kebbi/Nupe/Igala

See mumu bunch of confused fellow that even the nupe you're making gest of raped and bleeped your ancestors

Yea they are proven connections between benin, nupe, igala before fulanization took over, they were wars btw benin and igala the nupe art techniques is similar with that of the benins art and not ife
We found the cross ryder mentioned on nupe antiquities

Yes egharevba wote on benin igala-nupe migration i guess it was silent because of the presence of islam in those areas
Although decades had gone by the silencing it, we the new generation got a hold of it again
Because the truth cant always be hidden
I would swallow my pride and say we were original nupenians than live in denial that we migrated from ife

If you can prove to me benin came from ife i will leave this thread

Bit if you cant you are a fool, a big fool for that

If you mention me without giving me proves you will call for more insult

You mentioned yorubas had thesame cultural practices and similar language but what is similar between benin and yoruba you keep attaching us to

Go and tell the original history of Oduduwa and leave benin alone we are out of western region and we are not playing the politics again
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
babtoundey:

Ekaladeran was banished to ughoton eastern part of benin and yes proves are still there till today ritual right are still carried out there till today the story initially didnt involve ife get it to your head
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Ekaladeran was banished to ughoton eastern part of benin ...

Except that Ughoton is in the Southern part of Benin.

To be strict --- it's in fact a little bit south-West of Benin.

I have an idea: Let's see map below.

Blame yourself for lying. You will learn the hard way. grin grin

cc: babtoundey googi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

Except that Ughoton is in the Southern part of Benin.

To be strict --- it's in fact a little bit south-West of Benin.

I have an idea: Let's see map below.

Blame yourself for lying. You will learn the hard way. grin grin

cc: babtoundey googi

Ok southern part of benin...

So what changed

Benin-ife go kill you
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Ok southern part of benin...

So what changed

Benin-ife go kill you

What changed is that YOU LIED boldly. shocked in broad day light.

And I EXPOSED you as a LIAR that can not be believed by any sane person. grin

When will you stop lying, so that I will stop exposing you, so that you will stop getting mad at me for nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

babtoundey don't mind him oo. He is a Benin boy oo ... and you know what that means ... lie lie for a living.

See below:
In a 1969 report of a preliminary archaeological survey of Ife, Paul Ozanne noted that evidence shows that many settlements have been established in the Ife country by at least the 4th century BC.

Reference:
Paul Ozanne: "A Preliminary Report of an Archaeological Survey of Ife"; also "A New Archaeological Survey of Ife," Odu, new series, 1, 1969, pp.131-148.

There is nothing close to that from Benin Kingdom. grin grin grin

babatoundey, anytime a Benin liar comes to you with a lie, just say the following three words: "Give Me Evidence". The Benin liar will run far far away as far as he can into the evil forest never to look back again.

Try it, it works like fire. grin grin

If one will believe a lie, it will be a plausible lie and it will not be the one told by the one who said his ancestors were conquered by and subservient to Nupe/Igala and now Birnin-Kebbi.

"Ondo came from Ife yet Ondo is far older than Ife" saying this enough stupidity. One will one now think of believing it

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Some Misconception About Warri And Her People / Queen Ajoke Adeyemi's 30th Birthday Party Photos / Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.