Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine (10744 Views)

Untouchable Ruggedman Video U'll Like 2 See / Ruggedman's last album UNTOUCHABLE is out / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2011
@slimshay

Why do you think Kanye always throws shoutouts to Talib Kweli??
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2011
Hahahah, lmao at first big track. Eldee iwo lo n soro bayi. No let this ignorant people come dey quote you oh.

'Make them talk, ohun t'ori lobe. Ti won fi wa ru l'owo'.
Does that ring a bell? That is what RM heard and knew it was gonna be a good formula.

Funny you talk abt Ice writing the hook. You do know 9ice actually wrote the hook, named the track and the frigging album?

Abeg if lie wear puma dey run for many miles (one time for ceo for hia), one day one day truth go strollo catch up with am.

So yet again, who do who favor. Again one active participation. And no, inviting me to give you a memorable chorus to a hit song after you saw me create one before, aint one.

Seeeere oh, seeeere ayo. 2baba was a long necked, hungry looking dude in that hit. So na Tetuila make am now?
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2011
@slimshay

That's why I've been using 'played a big part' instead of saying 'made' . . . I'm not on anyone's side, I'm disputing your Ice Prince Made Brymo comment.

And yes, it doesn't matter if you made an album for the person, Kanye made beef songs on both Nas and Jay-Z's side of the battle and was still a nobody, ghostwriters prolly made Dre's last album, Kanye wasn't the one that found the 21st Century Schizoid Man sample for Power . . . without the fame, you're just another guy on the credits.

At the end of the day, there are major steps that made you a success, being on the same track as the biggest rapper of that time is one of em.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2011
Eldee you are clouding the matter with background people. Kanye was background until the crash. The crux of the matter is how much of 'life' did RM actually give 9ice.

I still stand by my Brymo Iceprinze comment. They are both artistes signed to the same label. IcePrinze has not played any bigger part in making Brymo a star than Brymo has played in putting him a notch higher in the ratings.

Recently it was revealed that Waje was the girl on Do Me. PSquare dare not lay claim to 'being a big part' of her rise.

Where your arguments falls short is that contrary to what is some strangely widely perceived opinion, 9ice was not an unknown when he took the hook for Ruggedy baba. Again see my 'Make them talk reference'.

Even before that 2shotz once said he heard Little Money, I think, and he said 'I just have to have this guy on my track'. These are not some unknown underground tracks I'm talking about.

And at the time of Ruggedybaba RM was as he was before he released Unstoppable. A rapper in hybernation waiting for a big hit. My argument is 9ice gave him that hit, instead of the other way round.

There are people who contributed actively to making or 'being a big part to' who 9ice is. I have not heard them talk.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
@slimshay

You don turn Bamsyle abi??
Aiite . . . if it were Do Me ft Waje, you think she won't be the MJB of Naija hiphop right now??

How many people knew 9ice before and after Little Money??

Are you seriously saying Ruggedman wasn't the biggest rapper in 9aij before he released Ruggedybaba??
Wasn't that the period when he used to diss Modenine for not being famous and not cutting across??

Come the eff on. . . the explanation is simple, if you replaced Rugged with a nobody, it won't be as big a hit, if you replaced Iceprince with K-16 on Oleku, Brymo would be nowhere now cheesy cheesy
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2011
Little money? Before make them talk? Before ruggedybaba? Eldee fi one line dismissal si le. The matter at hand is how many people knew 9ice at the time of Ruggedybaba. MusicAfrica says I can now answer a lot. I have said before, it is a widely perceived misconception.

Again Eldee, what he did on Ruggedybaba, HE HAD DONE BEFORE.

Eldee did you miss where I called RM rapper in hybernation? Big or no big he needed a hit just like the next rapper. 9ice gave him that hit.

Shebi u get plenty hardcopy albums abi. Aimoye featurings. If we are strictly talking featuring on hits, what YOU DO on the feature and what YOU DO after that is what makes you.

But meanwhile Eldee, you are dangerously towing this strange line of thought that only big names make hits. Strange indeed my man.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2011
@slimshay

How can there be a widely perceived misconception about someone's fame?? Isn't fame the one thing that's based on the 'misconception'?? If I didn't know him as a big singer he wasn't that big . . . gba be. Not because I know too much about Nigerian music, but because I know what the average Nigerian should know. . . Nutty Pin was on some songs on Music Africa, so was Basketmouth, were they big too??

Rapper in hibernation?? Ruggedman was the most featured rapper in Nigeria at the time . . . I guess we can call Jay-Z a rapper in hibernation too because his last album was in 2009.

9ice's fame increased considerably after Ruggedybaba . . . it's not sumn we should be arguing about, featuring on the hit track of the most anticipated album from the biggest rapper does a lot for your reputation.

And let me put it like this . . .with the same input, big names are more likely to make hits than your everyday guy, that's why M.I sold more with M.I 2 when Talk About It was a better album.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Rhymstein(m): 6:16am On Jan 04, 2011
@eldee and slimshay
i heard 9ice,for the 1st time on 2shortz 'make dem talk' on Mtvbase,Was dat song not popular?it got above average airplay on there
Ppl knew him

The fact stil remains,if not for 'gongo aso',9ce wont even be remembered today.That song made him
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dammiecool(m): 7:53am On Jan 04, 2011
The truth is dat Ruggedy baba gave nice exposure, Ive known 9ice since when he sang music daddy as @ dat time d guy still dey copy wyclef, d guy don tay for underground o!!,he even sang a song titled talent dey waste cos as @ dat time his talent was wasting underground.Ruggedy brought him up and introduce him to the world.

We have thousands of talents dat re better than 9ice dat needs just a little push but no one 2 do dat, even 9ice use hin mouth talk say Ruggedy contributed to his succes.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2011
@Eldee. I put it to you this way. People easily get carried away with the 9ice was unknown before Ruggedybaba only because of the seemingly sudden stratopherical rise at the time of Gongo Aso. Heck, by the time RM and 2shotz appeared alonside him on StreetCredibilty he had far outshone them in star status.

It makes for good copy and panders to our sense of a good tale to just say he was nobody, after so and so he became a somebody. Fallacy. See Rhymsteins post above. He was already on TV with 2shotz on a song that had heavy rotation (not above average as Rhymstein says). And we are now to believe that circle was being repeated with Ruggedybaba. Wrong.

Again see Rhymstein buttress my point on WHAT YOU DO after a featuring on a hit. What happened to the likes of C-Mion. Was he not on 1 or 2 hooks?

And with RM the situation then is the same as it was before Unstoppable. Feature here , feature there. No hit to talk of, generally no big buzz. 'Hibernation' lo n jebe. Enter Taaalk I am Lizzening. Buzz. My cynical mind will not let me pass up this opportunity to say 9ice has now for the second time help in putting RM back up there.

And Eldee fi big name argument yi le. You are just stating the obvious. Where you were eeermish is in tryna allude that if you remove a big name from a track it WON'T be a hit. There were no big names Sauce and his boys came on the scene, Sultan na stand alone when he did Mathematics.

@rhymstein e be like una sabi debate pass me. Cos with just 2points you have shown what I'm tryna tell Eldee. 9ice was not unknown before Gongoasa.
Heck he was my gf and her crew's star crush at the time. And I used to tell them 'na only because he Slim pass me'. He was not a nobody, you can only say dat when you compare with his gongoaso status.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2011
@dammiecool, of course he did help. He was on his hit track. But it not a friggin hand out. Infact 9ice paid him back in full. The matter becomes a debate because now help has mutated to 'I gave you Life'. And like Christopher Reeves (RIP) I won't stand for this either.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dammiecool(m): 8:32am On Jan 04, 2011
@slim
I gave u life d line has different meaning it now depend on how u view it cool
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2011
@dammiecool, I have viewed it well, and it is basically claiming more than deserved credit.

And on a related matter, it is hard for me to respect som1 who would mention or cosign mentioning a one year old boy just to diss a man.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dammiecool(m): 9:03am On Jan 04, 2011
@slim
Guy y u dey yarn like this now we all know 9ice started d whole stuff, he was d first 2 metion all he did for Rugged(thru seriki) now rugged dey mention hin own people con dey criticise am why
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2011
^^^dammie no disrespect but I don't know how I'm goin to respond to this. Or I'd rather not. It's a whole 'nother level of debate on its own.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2011
NOTICE
I have wrongly referred to UNTOUCHABLe as Unstoppable several times. Apologies for any embarrasment caused to Rugged or MI. ;-)
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Bamsyle2(m): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2011
It's preposterous for anyone to say Rugged made 9ice, who already had an album with hits such as "Little Money" and "Pass Me The Ganja", as well as an appearance on 2shotz' hit "Make Them Talk" before featuring on Rugged's track . . .

I laugh everytime people see every move of Rugged's as one aimed at "saving the industry" or "helping the upcoming" . . . Ruggedman is a very good businessman (prolly the "tribe" thingy) . . . he needed someone to give him a hit hook, and going by 9ice's antecedents, he was apt for that task . . . you think Rugged picked 9ice for that song cos he wanted to "make him"??

Think again.

Every artiste has a big break in his career . . . 9ice's big break was "Gongo Aso" . . . the funny thing is of all of 9ice's hit songs, my best till date remains "Little Money" . . . the track sh*ts on every other track I've heard him on - lyrically and technically.

Every journey starts with a small step . . . IMO, 9ice became big right from the days of Little Money (that was no small song, it enjoyed heavy rotation on radio stations) . . . he only needed hard work and perseverance to get bigger . . . and by remaining consistent (a la "Make Dem Talk", "Ruggedy Baba", "Gongo Aso" . . . he got the much deserved break.

Happy New Year Slimshay . . . you're sooooo on point.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by rapjunkie(m): 10:21am On Jan 04, 2011
Bamsyle.:

I laugh everytime people see every move of Rugged's as one aimed at "saving the industry" or "helping the upcoming" . . . Ruggedman is a very good businessman (prolly the "tribe" thingy) . . . he needed someone to give him a hit hook, and going by 9ice's antecedents, he was apt for that task . . . you think Rugged picked 9ice for that song cos he wanted to "make him"??

what does that mean?
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Bamsyle2(m): 10:27am On Jan 04, 2011
rapjunkie:

what does that mean?

It's trite that our Igbo brothers are very good at business.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2011
Eldeegy, u'v started misyarnin again abi grin?
Slimshay u on point jaree, Bamsyle thumbz, RapJ twale!(i see d ripple effct of that thing move, im happy i obliged u, u r too much)
e'rbody who is seein beyong the fakery n stupidity of RM claim . .shout out to y'all
Eldee, shout out to u too.

Happy new year y'all.

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by 04kaa: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2011
DBR:

Eldeegy, u'v started misyarnin again abi grin?
Slimshay u on point jaree, Bamsyle thumbz, RapJ twale!(i see d ripple effct of that thing move, im happy i obliged u, u r too much)
e'rbody who is seein beyong the fakery n stupidity of RM claim . .shout out to y'all
Eldee, shout out to u too.

Happy new year y'all.

oNe

interesting arguments , i am enjoying ur arguments guys, bamsyle dbr , eldee and fam , happy nu year people. grin grin God bless you all
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Bamsyle2(m): 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2011
DBR:

Happy new year y'all.

oNe

Been ages bro - Happy New Year!

04kaa:

. . . happy nu year people. grin grin God bless you all

Happy New Year bruv . . .

@Rapjunkie

Happy New Year . . .

Happy New Year y'all!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by rapjunkie(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2011
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL OF U O!!

This year we are going to make money at Alaba from NL artists. . .amen!!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ikuku live!!!! wink

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2011
See hevy hevy men oh *heavy Ibo voice*.

Happy new year ya'll!!!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
You guys act like I've got sumn to gain from Rugged being right . . . I'm not that much of a fan of either of em anymore, they're both making crappy music these days. . . maybe not Rugged sha with the good I made you rant song.

What I'm saying is, when you're not that popular . . . like 9ice was in Little money, featuring on a track of the most popular rapper back then on the biggest rap song back then and being credited as a feature is sumn that shines out on your CV, especially for singers.

Chrisette Michelle will tell you that, Brymo will tell you that, even personally I know how L will tell you that.
His track My Ex was on UK radio before now, he was just another guy, now in the UK, he's the guy that's being interviewed on BBC 1 Radio and supporting at the O2 because he was on Wretch 32's track, forget the fact that he wrote the hook . . . it's a no-brainer.

Now did Ruggedman make 9ice?? I can't answer that, but did Ruggedman's song Ruggedybaba play a big part in 9ice's career . . . definitely.

I have my reservations against both of them, 9ice is an ingrate for saying his fans are stupid, Rugged is a fucking coward and an attention seeker for not dissing Modenine back, but the truth is still the truth.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
Eldee this argument is getting old so I will just do this:

Was 9ice an unknown as at the time he featured on Ruggedybaba. . . .hell no.

Did 9ice's hook help in putting Ruggedman back on top. . . .definitely
So the question is wat did Ruggedybaba do for 9ice that he himself didn't do for the SONG?
Submit your answer in your own writing ;-)
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2011
slimshay:

Eldee this argument is getting old so I will just do this:

Was 9ice J.Cole an unknown as at the time he featured on RuggedybabaA Star Is Born. . . .hell no.

Did 9ice's hook J.Cole's verse help in putting Ruggedman back on top making Blueprint a sick album. . . .definitely
So the question is wat did RuggedybabaJay-Z do for 9iceJ.Cole that he himself didn't do for the SONG?
Submit your answer in your own writing ;-)

The answer is in the question.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2011
Eldee, Ruggedybaba is the song. Remove JayZ from the question just as I have removed RM.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2011
slimshay:

Eldee, Ruggedybaba is the song. Remove JayZ from the question just as I have removed RM.

Would you have listened to A Star is Born twice without that J.Cole verse??
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by 04kaa: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
eldee:

Would you have listened to A Star is Born twice without that J.Cole verse??

lol so u rephrased the question by removing jay z , u guys are just clowns. grin grin
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
Eldee, ur analogy is lame! Cole is signed to Jayz, a star is born is jay introducin his signee to d world.2 different issues entirely! JayZ d boss, cole the boy.
Yes puttin him helped d track. .but cole needed it more than jay did.

oNe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

latest music by Reekado Banks "MOVE" Mp3 Download / M.i. & Pryse Better Than Jay-z & Kanye West In New Remake To 'otis' [watch] / DOWNLOAD: Bella Shmurda - Polongo • Mp3 •

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.