Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine (10582 Views)

Untouchable Ruggedman Video U'll Like 2 See / Ruggedman's last album UNTOUCHABLE is out / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2011
And I can't believe I just read that, I just wasted 2mins. Tsheew!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Genuflect(m): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2011
All you Rugged stans should get his cock out of your gobs. Kilode
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2011
listen to the skit objectively, forget about your love or hate of Rugged or Modenine; it was simply a great skit. funny as hell and delivered the message. i think it was aimed solely at Modenine, he wore a suit in his video with Mo Cheddar. i don't think he has beef with OD.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dammiecool(m): 10:15am On Jan 06, 2011
Now dammiecool is retirin aldon,cougar n megastreet will keep d tyre turnin n d fire burnin. cool
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by javalove(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2011
@tosin dbr mamsyle and co. . .

well done guys. . .i wouldn't havesaid it any better. . .

still watching thread closely. . .

reading in the background. . . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dawhizkid1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
@DBR,
Bros, i'm sure u knw the level of respect i have 4 U. . . I used to think u r objective in ur analysis bt U proved me wrong a couple of pages ago. Mode 9's 'out of the world' Punchlines/Metaphors/Rhyme patterns made Badman 'Listenable'?. . . I just gives sum facts to prove u wrong, u can argue all u want later sha
1. Badman was the only Modenine song that won Lyricist on the Roll and MOST people think it didn't deserve it. . . Ask urself Y.
2. Badman is Mode9 MOST remixed song. . . And ALL of the Remixes got the hook in 'em. . . Ask urself Y.
3. Badman one of the few(if not the only ) mode9 songs that the Beat and Hook wasn't originally his. . . Ask urself Y.
4. Badman is arguably Mode9 first COMMERCIAL song, Yes, no? . . . Ask urself Y!

As per the skit. . . If u listen to that skit and u didn't at least chuckle. . .mehn, U've lost ur sense of humor. Great skit no doubt.

As per Rugged/9ice issue. . . E'erbody knws leaking a Priv8 convo on the internet is AWFUL(I even told him dat), but can u 'perfect analysts' profer a better way of clearing the air off the rumor plz? ? ? And plz don't give me that 'he shudda juzt kept quiet crap'. . . Coz if it Were YOU, u wudn't have kept quiet.

Btw, Tosin, u dey fall my hand!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dawhizkid1(m): 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2011
@DBR,
Bros, i'm sure u knw the level of respect i have 4 U. . . I used to think u r objective in ur analysis bt U proved me wrong a couple of pages ago. Mode 9's 'out of the world' Punchlines/Metaphors/Rhyme patterns made Badman 'Listenable'?. . . I just gives sum facts to prove u wrong, u can argue all u want later sha
1. Badman was the only Modenine song that won Lyricist on the Roll and MOST people think it didn't deserve it. . . Ask urself Y.
2. Badman is Mode9 MOST remixed song. . . And ALL of the Remixes got the hook in 'em. . . Ask urself Y.
3. Badman one of the few(if not the only ) mode9 songs that the Beat and Hook wasn't originally his. . . Ask urself Y.
4. Badman is arguably Mode9 first COMMERCIAL song, Yes, no? . . . Ask urself Y!

As per the skit. . . If u listen to that skit and u didn't at least chuckle. . .mehn, U've lost ur sense of humor. Great skit no doubt.

As per Rugged/9ice issue. . . E'erbody knws leaking a Priv8 convo on the internet is AWFUL(I even told him dat), but can u 'perfect analysts' profer a better way of clearing the air off the rumor plz? ? ? And plz don't give me that 'he shudda juzt kept quiet crap'. . . Coz if it Were YOU, u wudn't have kept quiet.

Btw, Tosin, u dey fall my hand!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
@whizkid, M9 has won lyricist on the role 5 years straight. You wanna clarify point 1 please.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
And sincerely I really don't wanna go into this RM 9ice fone convo whatchamacallit.

What more do RM fans want, if your 'hero' says he didn't do something, why dont you just believe him and call it a day. Na wa oh.

It says a lot for the mentality of some of RM's fan to be making statements like 'let 9ice tell us if RM really slept with his wife'. No really I think RM really knew what he was sayin when he said he sings for shoemakers and mechanics.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ha Whiz, I get that point now. On the contrary people have always scoffed at M9 lyricist on the roll. They just think its Ayo, tryna satisfy his friendship.

That said, I too didn't support badman for the award that year.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2011
I don't know why we're still arguing about the phone issue, there' a thread set up for it but now people repeat the same thing on about five different threads, don't you guys get tired of triking the same key on your keyboard??

Anyone that didn't find this skit funny most likely has sumn against Rugged. . .and that rules out any claim to objectivity the peron is bringing to the table.

slimshay:

And sincerely I really don't wanna go into this RM 9ice fone convo whatchamacallit.

What more do RM fans want, if your 'hero' says he didn't do something, why dont you just believe him and call it a day. Na wa oh.

It says a lot for the mentality of some of RM's fan to be making statements like 'let 9ice tell us if RM really slept with his wife'. No really I think RM really knew what he was sayin when he said he sings for shoemakers and mechanics.

And you didn't go into it. grin grin
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
Eldee ma da mi lohun jare. First work week, laziness is the order of the day. grin grin
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by montelik(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
slimshay:

LWKMD.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Genuflect(m): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2011
slimshay:

LWKMD!!!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by tosinaded(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2011
slimshay:

thats deep. . . buh its the truth!

as in me i neva see fans as dumb as cougar,megastreet and aldon!

@whizkid
tell me wetin u no feel. . . .
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by A40(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
@mc_bhydemi God Bless you! I was finna say that! Let him make another 9ice. @Eldee I can't believe you are endorsing these simpletons! If we go by most of the ret@rded logic I am seeing on here we could allude that Tony Tetuila made 2face and Xzibit made Keri Hilson! Gongo Aso was a bigger hit than Ruggedybaba and the mere suggestion that Ruggedman had a hand in 9ice's success is naïve to say the least! 9ice was not unknown before he featured on Ruggedman's track! Infact 9ice has had a bigger impact on Ruggedman's career than he has on 9ice. If not for Rugged's
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by tosinaded(m): 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2011
A-40:

@mc_bhydemi God Bless you! I was finna say that! Let him make another 9ice. @Eldee I can't believe you are endorsing these simpletons! If we go by most of the ret@rded logic I am seeing on here we could allude that Tony Tetuila made 2face and Xzibit made Keri Hilson! Gongo Aso was a bigger hit than Ruggedybaba and the mere suggestion that Ruggedman had a hand in 9ice's success is naïve to say the least! 9ice was not unknown before he featured on Ruggedman's track! Infact 9ice has had a bigger impact on Ruggedman's career than he has on 9ice. If not for Rugged's

e go better for u
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by A40(m): 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2011
^ Guilty conscience why would he go out of his way to record a phone convo. Did 9ice refer to him on any record?
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dawhizkid1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
slimshay:

Ha Whiz, I get that point now. On the contrary people have always scoffed at M9 lyricist on the roll. They just think its Ayo, tryna satisfy his friendship.

That said, I too didn't support badman for the award that year.
slimshay, i tot u wanted to stand in for DBR, bt u didn't answer d questions i asked. . . U just sounded funny. . .
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
Stand in as how. Didn't initially get the first point.

I argued against it on the other threads cos of the songs it was up against. Sample and Somebody wants to die.

But if you think Badman is lyrically weak and M9's first commercial song then I will leave you to DBR. ;-)
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2011
I no wan spoil the fun. This should be interesting.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dawhizkid1(m): 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
slimshay:

Stand in as how. Didn't initially get the first point.

I argued against it on the other threads cos of the songs it was up against. Sample and Somebody wants to die.

But if you think Badman is lyrically weak and M9's first commercial song then I will leave you to DBR. ;-)
U don't get it ryt? DBR argued that people listened to Badman coz of the Lyricism and not the coz of the Beat and Hook. . . I say it's the other way round, and i gave facts to support my stance. . Hope u got it now?
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
@da-whizkid, I read all ur stuff. .and I laffed. .just seein this, so will respond tmoro, even tho I think this issue is unnecessarily overflogged, but u asked question, and I'l give u answers.

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dawhizkid1(m): 7:28am On Jan 07, 2011
DBR:

@da-whizkid, I read all your stuff. .and I laffed. .just seein this, so will respond tmoro, even tho I think this issue is unnecessarily overflogged, but u asked question, and I'l give u answers.

oNe
Kpam!! Bros need a day to take tackle my question!! Damn. . . Na be say d questions hard pass JAMB oh. . . Coz na 2-3hours na dem tey dey answer jamb question kpa kpa. . grin grin grin
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 8:03am On Jan 07, 2011
I'm not a fan of repeating myself but on the issue of Ruggedman helping 9ice' career, my opinion is written in the threads above, and on the issue of the BJ incident, I clearly stated my opinion on the Azuka-Onyeka Onwenu thread, the fact that people still bring 9ice into an issue that concerns Rugged's Skit at Modenine just shows the fact that you guys can't be objective to save Michael Jackson's life.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 8:36am On Jan 07, 2011
da-whizkid:

Kpam!! Bros need a day to take tackle my question!! Damn. . . Na be say d questions hard pass JAMB oh. . . Coz na 2-3hours na dem tey dey answer jamb question kpa kpa. . grin grin grin
clown cheesy

da-whizkid:

@DBR,
Bros, i'm sure u knw the level of respect i have 4 U. . . I used to think u r objective in your analysis bt U proved me wrong a couple of pages ago.
U use to think im objective? Now i proved u wrong, and so u'v com to a conclusion that im nnot always objective? lmao. .too bad,
cos u only proved urself wrong, i tot u pay attention, but your comprehension skill needs work, so i'l pardon u.
Apparently u didnt read the fadabasi points i responnded to.

Mode 9's 'out of the world' Punchlines/Metaphors/Rhyme patterns made Badman 'Listenable'?
If u wanna quote me do so, stop hookin a cart of dung to ma train of thot and remixing wat i said.
There are 2songz talked about, CRY and BADMAN, y u leave d other one out?. .Howeva pause to think, if the chorus of those two
songs was wat made them A LITTLE LISTENABLE. .will it be right to say his other songs witout Nnena and A1 is not not listenable? . .yea?
yet he's got the award 5times in a roll. . So na d hook, make am get LYRICIST award for BADMAN??
Guys, think naauu, u shud learn to resist d adrenaline rush to pounce on your keyboard, only to realise u didnt allow intelligent fluid supply b4 u typed.

. . . I just gives sum facts to prove u wrong, u can argue all u want later sha
Ok sir. .
kinda sound like u been waitin to do this for soooo long. .

If u hav asked urself y, and u hav an answer pls tell me. Different pple hv different reasons, tell me urs.

1st i go like hear this remixe[b]s[/b] cos i kno of just one. so i dunno watchu mean by MOST.
Also, its a 50/50 chance that remixes retain d hook or not. Its not d 1st, wont be d last.
So i fail to see your point here, sorry.

errrmmmmm . .im as confused as u r now, re-reading what u posted here. Hook and beat not ORIGINALY his? im lost, pls find
me and clarify, thank u.

4. Badman is arguably Mode9 first COMMERCIAL song,  Yes, no? . . . Ask urself Y!
U alredi said arguably? Its your opinnion. Need i argue again? i think not.

As per the skit. . . If u listen to that skit and u didn't at least chuckle. . .mehn, U've lost your sense of humor. Great skit no doubt.
When i heard the skit, i didnt chuckle, i LOL!
I neva said it aint funny, and thats not even the issue here. Boy. .read up and stop spewin insolence here.
Ma point on the 1st thread it was talked about was : if y'all say its SOLEY a jab at M9, it doesnt make sense.
Cos Mode got a passport (dude is in Uk dishing ou project, na Camel back e ride go? cheesy)
M9 didnt wear shinnin suit on his ALBUM COVER.
He has a car, ann Infinity. .honestly Whiz, i dont kno y u even stretchin this. .im disappointed.

Since u urself say u tell am-RM that tha b[i]i[/i]!tch move was AWFUL and u be 'imperfect analyst'. .
wat did u profer b4 calling his move awful??

All that said:
This are ma points that u didnt get so i'l ask u as questions:
Accordin to @fadabasi who i responded to,

1-Do u think it was Nnena's hook that made CRY win an award, as against wat i said that its d story poetically told by M9
and its societal relevance?

2-In the thread that discussed BADMAN, the HOOK got less mention than the BEAT, some LYRICS, and m9 FLOW ,VOICE, and RYHME SCHEME.
PS: evidence dey o, so be careful and choose your words carefully

These were ma objective points. . So Oga da-whiz kid, lets see how much of your name u really IS sayin i wasnt objetive!

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 9:00am On Jan 07, 2011
eldee:

I'm not a fan of repeating myself but on the issue of Ruggedman helping 9ice' career, my opinion is written in the threads above, and on the issue of the BJ incident, I clearly stated my opinion on the Azuka-Onyeka Onwenu thread, the fact that people still bring 9ice into an issue that concerns Rugged's Skit at Modenine just shows the fact that you guys can't be objective to save Michael Jackson's life.

Eldee, jor jare, je ka gbadun undecided Na me and you argue this thing taya wink. Na all of us dey go alagbon, no prison break. grin
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by MeGaStReEt: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
tosinaded@:

thats deep. . . buh its the truth!

as in me i neva see fans as dumb as cougar,megastreet and aldon!

@Tosin, I want you to give me a straight and candid answer

If you were 9ice and a close friend (RM) called you and begged you to kindly address the rumour surrounding the song you sang, considering the fact that, just like yourself, he's got his image to protect. meanwhile, you can do it on FB, Twitter and On NL.

what would you have done?
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dawhizkid1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
DBR:

clown cheesy
U use to think im objective? Now i proved u wrong, and so u'v com to a conclusion that im nnot always objective? lmao. .too bad,
cos u only proved urself wrong, i tot u pay attention, but your comprehension skill needs work, so i'l pardon u.
Apparently u didnt read the fadabasi points i responnded to.
If u wanna quote me do so, stop hookin a cart of dung to ma train of thot and remixing wat i said.
There are 2songz talked about, CRY and BADMAN, y u leave d other one out?. .Howeva pause to think, if the chorus of those two
songs was wat made them A LITTLE LISTENABLE. .will it be right to say his other songs witout Nnena and A1 is not not listenable? . .yea?
yet he's got the award 5times in a roll. . So na d hook, make am get LYRICIST award for BADMAN??
Guys, think naauu, u shud learn to resist d adrenaline rush to pounce on your keyboard, only to realise u didnt allow intelligent fluid supply b4 u typed.Ok sir. .
kinda sound like u been waitin to do this for soooo long. .
If u hav asked urself y, and u hav an answer pls tell me. Different pple hv different reasons, tell me urs.
1st i go like hear this remixe[b]s[/b] cos i kno of just one. so i dunno watchu mean by MOST.
Also, its a 50/50 chance that remixes retain d hook or not. Its not d 1st, wont be d last.
So i fail to see your point here, sorry.errrmmmmm . .im as confused as u r now, re-reading what u posted here. Hook and beat not ORIGINALY his? im lost, pls find
me and clarify, thank u.
U alredi said arguably? Its your opinnion. Need i argue again? i think not. When i heard the skit, i didnt chuckle, i LOL!
I neva said it aint funny, and thats not even the issue here. Boy. .read up and stop spewin insolence here.
Ma point on the 1st thread it was talked about was : if y'all say its SOLEY a jab at M9, it doesnt make sense.
Cos Mode got a passport (dude is in Uk dishing ou project, na Camel back e ride go? cheesy)
M9 didnt wear shinnin suit on his ALBUM COVER.
He has a car, ann Infinity. .honestly Whiz, i dont kno y u even stretchin this. .im disappointed.

Since u urself say u tell am-RM that tha b[i]i[/i]!tch move was AWFUL and u be 'imperfect analyst'. .
wat did u profer b4 calling his move awful??

All that said:
This are ma points that u didnt get so i'l ask u as questions:
Accordin to @fadabasi who i responded to,

1-Do u think it was Nnena's hook that made CRY win an award, as against wat i said that its d story poetically told by M9
and its societal relevance?

2-In the thread that discussed BADMAN, the HOOK got less mention than the BEAT, some LYRICS, and m9 FLOW ,VOICE, and RYHME SCHEME.
PS: evidence dey o, so be careful and choose your words carefully

These were ma objective points. . So Oga da-whiz kid, lets see how much of your name u really IS sayin i wasnt objetive!

oNe
And Bros is going 'eldee' on me. . . . Throw subliminals at me all i know is that Tosinadeda listened to Badman because of the hook and beat. . . C'est fini.

And i ask one simple question. . . "if u think RM leaking of that priv8 convo is bit.c.hy and awful like it's really is, What 'better' way can u profer to him to clear the rumor?", and instead of u to answer, u paraphrased the question and threw it back at me. . . Like a proper Nigerian. That's enuff fact to prove u've got no concrete answer to dat. . Yes, NO

Btw, how many Modenine song(s) don get reach 4 remixes? Mode9 himself remix the song. . Mo Eazy remix badman. . One PH boy like dat remix am, and i've heard of 3 remixes wey i never play. So i believe say Badman na one of mode9 Most remixed songs. . . #JustSaying
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Bamsyle2(m): 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2011
da-whizkid:

And i ask one simple question. . . "if u think RM leaking of that priv8 convo is bit.c.hy and awful like it's really is, What 'better' way can u profer to him to clear the rumor?"

1. RM coulda performed "Ruggedy Baba" at any of his shows, with him and 9ice on stage
2. RM coulda featured 9ice on another hook off any of his upcoming tracks/singles
3. RM coulda appeared in photo shoots at events with 9ice in any of the soft-sell tabloids
4. RM coulda exchanged mails publicly with 9ice on Facebook, Twitter (or any of 'em other social networking forums) on the issue
5. RM coulda simply given an account of the phone convo instead of releasing the convo itself - verbatim. He coulda reported that he actually spoke to 9ice and 9ice denied it (Burden of Proof then shifts to 9ice to confirm/refute)

Not tryna sound sanctimonious bout the whole issue, but methinks releasing that phone convo is just not right . . . it's an intrusion, nay, invasion of privacy.

And yeah, we might argue that RM also had sumn to lose (his reputation, goodwill) but two wrongs never make a right.

In the final analysis, what did the bugged phone convo achieve?? It simply deepened the bitterness between the duo and failed to clear the air . . . fans on either divide continue to believe what they wanna.

Maybe I'm just a die-hard addict of the "6 million ways to die" theory . . . but there are always many means of getting to an end . . . choosing the smartest and least problematic one is the first step towards this.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by BrOwnSuga3: 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
see these people blaming rm for leaking the info convo, what would you have him do? If you listen to that convo carefuly you will see that 9ice was not ready to do anything about the rumour.
Bamsyle.:

1. RM coulda performed "Ruggedy Baba" at any of his shows, with him and 9ice on stage
2. RM coulda featured 9ice on another hook off any of his upcoming tracks/singles
3. RM coulda appeared in photo shoots at events with 9ice in any of the soft-sell tabloids
4. RM coulda exchanged mails publicly with 9ice on Facebook, Twitter (or any of 'em other social networking forums) on the issue

Didnt you listen to the fone convo? 9ice said he doesnt have time and can't can ANYTHING to stop the rumour

Bamsyle.:

5. RM coulda simply given an account of the phone convo instead of releasing the convo itself - verbatim. He coulda reported that he actually spoke to 9ice and 9ice denied it (Burden of Proof then shifts to 9ice to confirm/refute)

believe you me, you will not buy that crap. bolded red. . . . 9ce was not willing to do anything, perhaps he was happy with the situation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Your Top 10 Nigerian Songs Of All Time / How To Send Free Sms / Text Messages On Mtn Network (must See Trick) / Snoop Doggy Dogg Doggystyle Full Download. 1993 Zip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.