Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine (10552 Views)

Untouchable Ruggedman Video U'll Like 2 See / Ruggedman's last album UNTOUCHABLE is out / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2011
DBR:

Eldee, your analogy is lame! Cole is signed to Jayz, a star is born is jay introducin his signee to d world.2 different issues entirely! JayZ d boss, cole the boy.
Yes puttin him helped d track. .but cole needed it more than jay did.

oNe

As expected irrelevant considerations . . . does it matter where the money to fund J.Cole's 2011 album is coming from when we're talking bout what he's done for him right now??
At the end of the day, his biggest PR achievement is being on the biggest rap album of 2009 after Relapse, and being probably the best performance on it . . . that's the difference between him and Bridget Kelly.

That's what Talib did for Kanye by taking him on tour with him, that's what Jay-Z did for Rihanna that's what Kanye did by putting Nikki Minaj on Monster, that's what Jay-Z did for Beyonce by giving her the hiphop audience . . . collabos are mutually beneficial, but the real gainer is seen when there is a considerable gap between both artistes.

It you being given a lead role in a big movie . . . if you make that movie a Box-Office hit, then I've helped out.
I'm really tired of this debate abeg . . .it's just long.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by dammiecool(m): 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ruling over people is not easy as it may seem/
even dumb people go talk/ grin cheesy
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2011
Eldee, ur manner of arguement is always stretchin issues to elastic limit so much the crux of d subject gets pixilated.
RM claim is that He Made 9ice, gave him life. .cos he ft him on a track?. The question is, is that true?
I dont give 2 flyin Fs bout watchu postulation, stick to d script.
All these, Talib/Ye's shoutout, JayZ/cole are shootin blanks, purely irreleveant to the subject, period!(no menses)

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2011
@DBR

That argument is so freaking weak it's unbelievable . . . so because it's 9ice and Rugged, analogies are banned??
So because you can't argue against my opinion, as supported by the scenarios I've listed you go into a Mel Gibson rant?? E gbagbe oro pixilated jare . . . ko jor. grin grin
9ice really benefited from being on the lead single of the biggest rap album . . . it was a big chance, and I've given you a million examples of how it works, now you can 'unpixilate and elasticize' all you want, it's not going to change the fact that being featured by a bigger artiste is a big thing for a 'widely misconceived' underdog. grin
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by MeGaStReEt: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
dammiecool:

Ruling over people is not easy as it may seem/
even dumb people go talk/ grin cheesy

I have given up on those churlish kids
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by rapjunkie(m): 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2011
To be honest. . . . . the gongo aso track/album blew up 9ice. without it he would still be a struggling musician.  it all depends on whether ruggedman contributed to that directly or indirectly. IMO.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2011
And yet again Eldee, what 9ice did on Ruggedybaba he had already done before on Make Them Talk.

9ice went TNT with GongoAso not with Ruggedybaba.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by tosinaded(m): 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2011
seriki bu rugged, ole so pe ko nice,awon eyan kan lohun naa bu to fi rise
am a gentle man, am a gangster,i o be ruggedman wey dey straff em dancer

aro pe wo lopo ti oma mule ro,ruggedy apa, opo to fe mu le wo
alapomeji ori apata lawa duro le,asubu ti lola aswani

wan le help, amon wan man se afani,oju la ri ko seni to monu
iwo gan oni fe fi ori oka hanmu,kilode to bite finger to feed e

the same person to bless beat e,eni to je pe ohun lo tun ko chorus hit e
tim ba sope steven ke so wipe keshi,timba sope rugged ke so wipe koshi

and murder waz the case!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2011
Eldee Do u read at all?I told u this ur style of playin deliberately playin dumb aint cuttin it! It didn't work in 2010 dyu think it will work now? Dude ur analogy is lame,I didn't say usin analogy is wrong.the cases u painting are totally irrelevant.
When u find a case wit similarities wit d issue at hand come,u can holla back!
Aside, sorry I didn't make Warcraft sad

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
slimshay:

And yet again Eldee, what 9ice did on Ruggedybaba he had already done before on Make Them Talk.

9ice went TNT with GongoAso not with Ruggedybaba.

Now that's a workable argument . . . but then the question arises, how big was Make Them Talk or Little Money compared to Ruggedybaba??
That's why I know it will be unreasonable to say Rugged made him, my argument has always been, when you're considerably bigger then me and you put me on your biggest track, no matter how good I am, you gave me the chance.

DBR:

Eldee Do u read at all?I told u this your style of playin deliberately playin dumb aint cuttin it! It didn't work in 2010 dyu think it will work now? Dude your analogy is lame,I didn't say usin analogy is wrong.the cases u painting are totally irrelevant.
When u find a case wit similarities wit d issue at hand come,u can holla back!
Aside, sorry I didn't make Warcraft sad
oNe

You know what . . .get back at me when you have a valid argument.
And a verse for Warcraft. tongue tongue
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by aldon: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2011
Rugged is a bleeping coward and an attention seeker for not dissing Modenine back, but the truth is still the truth.
[/quote]@eldee Nope! I disagree. .Mode9 was d attention seeker who recorded TALKIN TO U wch was tagged as a 'decoy' to lure Rugged in2 dissin him then went ahead 2 release 'deathblow' nd shamelessly admitting dat he had 5 more diss track 4 RM in case he replies *paranoia*.then constantly begging 4 a reply.it was clear he wanted 2 milk d beef situation wit no hit tracks apart 4rm d beef tracks. .rugged had nuffin 2 gain by dissin mode9. .so he ignored him lyk he did 2 other envious attention seekers lyk ill bliss,Aq,ollydave nd co, because the beef was useless nd meaningless, d ignored artistes including mode9 were nt relevant enuff 2b replied urnestly. .so it wasnt cowardice!
[quote author=eldee link=topic=571628.msg7461457#msg7461457 date=1294165772]
@DBR

That argument is so freaking weak it's unbelievable . . . so because it's 9ice and Rugged, analogies are banned??

9ice really benefited from being on the lead single of the biggest rap album . . . it was a big chance, and I've given you a million examples of how it works, now you can 'unpixilate and elasticize' all you want, it's not going to change the fact that being featured by a bigger artiste is a big thing for a 'widely misconceived' underdog. grin
Real talk!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by tosinaded(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
are all rugged fans dis daft grin
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
Eldee, when u r in dis ur ignorant shit mode,U won't know valid even if it hits u up side yo head!

U agree that RM didn't make 9ice which is d crux, so
Y d opus on Featuring101?
Abi wetin be d relevance of JayZ ft HIS signee on a track and RM ft 9ice
on his lead track. .
Also funny how ur view on Cole verse being wat made' that track changed. .some threads away he's not d high point on d track o. .now he is . .just cos u wan make point. .anyway na ur way!!

Btw, I'm not in a Warcraft state of mind. .yet wink

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by mcbhydemi: 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2011
JaY Z- "i heard niggaz they b saying they made hov, made hov say ok so, make another hov"

I wonder if 2shot would say he made, nice, nice was hot on his track same as on ruggedbaba,
Gongo aso was what did it for him jor
Brymo was on arguably the biggest hit of 2010, if he doesn't follow it up with a hot track, naija gon forget the guy
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
If you don't know where myself and Slimshay started from just ignore my posts. . .
You jumping in is the only reason you've not been able to even present one valid argument all day.

Go listen to more Modenine . . . Mr 15 albums per year. grin
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by slimshay(m): 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
Bhydemi e go better for you oh. This is the same argument I keep telling Eldee here.

Eldee I av agreed to a measure of credit towards RM for having 9ice on d track. But when he wants more than he deserves then the truth will hit him on the face. And the truth is this.

Without 9ice delivering just as he did with Make Them Talk, Ruggedybaba will be a dud!!!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
slimshay:

Bhydemi e go better for you oh. This is the same argument I keep telling Eldee here.

Eldee I av agreed to a measure of credit towards RM for having 9ice on d track. But when he wants more than he deserves then the truth will hit him on the face. And the truth is this.

Without 9ice delivering just as he did with Make Them Talk, Ruggedybaba will be a dud!!!

Hence the phrase . . .'attention-seeking'.
If anyone should be talking about making people it should be Eldee . . . but just because he's fighting for too much credit doesn't mean he shouldn't get any, he did help 9ice . . .but not as much as he wants us to believe.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2011
Didn't realise its an exclusive eldee/slimshay thread. .mtcheeww.
Wit ur long thesis, wat point hav u made, zilch!

Bless u joor bhydemi, RM benefited more from that collabo. .RM aint that kinda person who'l put an unknown underdog on his main single,lailai!!
And truth be told really dat track was only "nice cos 9ice was nice on it"
If gongo aso no really sor,9ice wuld be history by now.
Call M9 wateva u want u r in good company wit RM,both of u shud get a room alredi!

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2011
DBR:

Didn't realise its an exclusive eldee/slimshay thread. .mtcheeww.
Wit your long thesis, wat point hav u made, zilch!

Bless u joor bhydemi, RM benefited more from that collabo. .RM aint that kinda person who'l put an unknown underdog on his main single,lailai!!
And truth be told really dat track was only "nice cos 9ice was nice on it"
If gongo aso no really sor,9ice wuld be history by now.
Call M9 wateva u want u r in good company wit RM,both of u shud get a room alredi!

oNe

Hehehe . . . nah, it's a Slimshay, Eldee and whoever else can read from the begining of Eldee's posts thread, deal with it. tongue tongue
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2011
Your best shot, way off!
Next!!
oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2011
DBR:

Yuor best shot, way off!
Next!!
oNe

Your best shot was 'Didn't realise its an exclusive eldee/slimshay thread. . . wat point hav u made, zilch!' anything will do. cheesy
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2011
Obviously u don't know when or how to stop. * whistlin'"And the (beat)rant goes on, *

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by eldee(m): 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
DBR:

Obviously u don't know when or how to stop. * whistlin'"And the (beat)rant goes on, *

oNe

Hehehe . . . you need to stop spending time with Rapjunkie. tongue tongue
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by MeGaStReEt: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2011
"screaming" my people perish for lack of knowledge!
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by tosinaded(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
Whats all this nonsense? Every1 knows dat 9ice made a hit of ruggedybaba!
Who wan argue dat one o. . . . .
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by aldon: 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2011
tosinaded@:

are all rugged fans dis daft grin
Its seems gongo aso is still fuckkin ur brains lyk a nympho dats y u turned anti-rugged all of a sudden spewin crap l8ly.You brainless swine!
MeGaStReEt:

"screaming" my people perish for lack of knowledge!
I tire Oo. .most of em dnt knw a damn thang abt d history of both artistes but they all want to comment.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by shotster50(m): 12:20am On Jan 05, 2011
Personally I think  if Rugged featured 9ice on a track when he (9ice) was little known, thats what you call putting on. You can argue that the quality of the song may not have  been  the same if 9ice was not on there, but the fact remains that he was introduced to a bigger audience ,  yes no?
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Bamsyle2(m): 12:25am On Jan 05, 2011
9ice was "little known" at that time??

Are you serious?? shocked
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by shotster50(m): 1:09am On Jan 05, 2011
Bamsyle.:

9ice was "little known" at that time??

Are you serious?? shocked

9ice became popular after Gongo Aso right?
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by DBR: 8:59am On Jan 05, 2011
shotster50:

Nope, he became MORE popular.

oNe
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by Bamsyle2(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2011
shotster50:

If we're to consider "external factors" as being canvassed by some schools of thought here, "Make Dem Talk" did more for 9ice than what "Ruggedy Baba" did . . .

He not only became more popular with that song, he put a seal on the signature style he had carved out with "Little Money" - catchy hooks laced with hardcore proverbs . . . it was on the strength of the goodwill 9ice enjoyed on that song that Rugged invited him.

DBR:

Nope, he became MORE popular.

Exactly.
Re: Ruggedman’s Untouchable Skit At Modenine by akacoded: 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
, grin, u guys have really made laugh my ass out!!!!, but truthfully i enjoyed the skit by RM and definitely there's truth in the skit, grin grin, i was thinking that the skit talks to OD also grin grin,

coming RM and 9ice,truth is, RM helped 9ice in his career as an artist, Rm made hiphop heads to give nice some kinda respect and street credibilty, 9ice himself though has got wot it takes to make things happen in d musi industry in naija but RM was a facelift to his career.he helped his ass and that has to be cos 9ice was loyal to RM.9ice respected RM, 9ice joined RM in dissing mode cos he felt and he knew that RM wud upgrade his career which RM gladly and lovingly did, truth be told!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Da Grin If I Die Lyrics / Terry G's Album - Ginjah your Swaggah Season 1 Is Out!!!!!! / Chris Brown & Tyga - Fan Of A Fan [full Album Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.