Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (73978 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Honeydenz(f): 7:16am On Mar 04, 2020
lefulefu:
self sponsored..
What I know is it's all vanity upon vanity. When u haven't visited overseas it all look like a big deal to u until u get there and discovered there's nothing really special about it. Enjoy ur life whenever u are, naija or abroad.

Those of u saying oyinbo pussy rock, hope u know white men and women hardly have their bath. They can stay a week without visiting the washroom as a result, they smell alot. Constantly spraying perfume to make up for their dirty body

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Indomie001: 7:22am On Mar 04, 2020
Thread like this always make me think ,at time sad even shed tears sometimes but not for jeolousing the lucky ones but for the fact that am still far behind of even talking about visiting airport not to talk of fly abroad cry , no be who get job , leaving good life go think of going abroad cry ,

The only thing I thank God for now is the grace for life and health, soon I believe he will remember me in his mercy embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Alexun(m): 7:24am On Mar 04, 2020
sotherefore:
Personally I have not yet traveled out of the country as am still waiting for the lord to bless my hustle.

If you have travelled to any civilized country then tell us your experience the day you wanted to travel overseas for the first time. How was it? Was there any challenge? Were you HAPPY? Was it a fun experience?

How did you feel when you arrived your destination?

Let us know how it was.

Op, wait o!!! So as per say I never travel abroad, does that mean I don't have FEELINGS undecided
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 04, 2020
I feel at home

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Grandlord: 7:30am On Mar 04, 2020
lefulefu:
wen u never comot for naija u will think the whole world is like nigeria cheesy.even the bananas here are different.unlike the bananas is nigeria that have black yellow appearance the ones here are just yellow and spotless cheesy.one thing they have here that we lack in nigeria is fruits cheesy and lots of it cheesy.i heard right now in nigeria its very very hot..over here the weather is cool and it even showered today
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Grandlord: 7:31am On Mar 04, 2020
lefulefu:
wen u never comot for naija u will think the whole world is like nigeria cheesy.even the bananas here are different.unlike the bananas is nigeria that have black yellow appearance the ones here are just yellow and spotless cheesy.one thing they have here that we lack in nigeria is fruits cheesy and lots of it cheesy.i heard right now in nigeria its very very hot..over here the weather is cool and it even showered today
Sounds like paradise. The beautiful fruits, the clement weather, the ocean. cool
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by donmeks123(m): 7:35am On Mar 04, 2020
The first time l enter abroad l was like no wonder !!! Most people don't bother to come back home,men l was like am in paradise everything there are the original plan of God
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by McTobe(m): 7:35am On Mar 04, 2020
Gerrout joooor...see as I Dey enjoy the tori
landmark86:
Great experience.
Busy taking pictures with my friends n family.
I cudnot sleep a day to my journey.
Entry the plane is a dream come tru.
Entry London is amazing.
Beautiful environment.
The cab man drove me to a hotel @ Chelsea cos I arrive there in the late hour of the night.
Had a nice chicken and wine for dinner, later went to bed.

5a.m Nigeria time, I heard my senior sister shouting my name (Jide jide Jide Jide Jide). Don't you no is time for you to wake up and wash the plate.
Bros I wake up and find myself on my bed @ our house in number 3 Egbeda Street, Oke-Ado area, Isolo.
I never no I was dreaming grin.

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Meteng: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2020
Ashawoboi27:
I travelled to Tanzania one certain period with my elder brother
Yo I didn't feel shit
I was like abeg make I do come go back naija abeg
This people when get HIV anyhow here
I couldn't even blow even as my brother give me girls reach
I was just scared
You for been just ask for BJ to take relief tension
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by ephbe(m): 7:47am On Mar 04, 2020
Okay so I got to the airport, after the usual checks and all, at the final waiting area before boarding, i was hungry, checked my pocket and had only 1200 naira on me(all my remaining funds had gone into visa and ticket) I wasnt even bothered, i went straight to KFC, bought a good chicken and water, chop and felt relieved.

So we boarded finally after waiting hours at d airport, to me, e no konsign me as long as I comot Naija. I have forgotten my seat number but I sat at the side close to window, in between a woman on the left and a "sharp guy" like me on the right. So as guys, myself and the guy started conversing, we spoke about the experience of leaving Naija, he said he is on his way to Taiwan, he has to spend about 2days travelling taking about 3 flights due to funds and just like me, he wasnt even bothered, he said he wldnt mind staying 1 week in air ��.

The guy said he got a 2 weeks visa to Taiwan, but as a sharp guy, he will not come back.
Mind u, this particular flight was a flight to Doha, also a connecting flight to london for me. Na so me and the guy start to order wine so tey the woman beside got air sick and had to vacate her space, come remain me and the guy. He drink and chop ehnnn, anytime hostess pass, we must to chop something ���.

Trust me guys, the experience of a first time air travel clearly outweighs the experience the trip itself.

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Judybash93(m): 7:59am On Mar 04, 2020
I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. I felt good about leaving Nigeria and i think the only thing i miss about Nigeria is the food.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:59am On Mar 04, 2020
Potatochips:
It was exciting really. Before I boarded, some immigration officers wanted to play smart, thank God, I had all my docs with me. After entering the plane, I couldn't locate my seat, lol. I later did sha. When I arrived at my destination (a country in Europe), I was flabbergasted by the high number of white people around me. Shuo, no be small thing oh. The place was cold, beautiful and colorful all at the same time. It was like a dream. Totally different from Naija. But now I don't notice the difference anymore.
..., show me the way bro
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Isoduwa(m): 8:09am On Mar 04, 2020
johnmattew:
to be frank with u...I felt normal.there wasnt anything special about the experience.i even forgot to take pictures

but, boarding a plane first the first time was super scary.... I'm still scared of flight tho
Chicken Nor dey fly for night
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 04, 2020
First of all you will notice change from ghetto environment to beautiful infrastructures.

I will advise anyone who hasn't traveled to do so, even if its African country

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by JayPeeOham: 8:20am On Mar 04, 2020
Naija still dey learn work for where oyinbo dey I swear!

The luxurious life, the flashy cars all around and the superb organisation of the entire environment cannot be compared.

The weather, depending on the country Sha is so chill and could make a nigga want company any time of the day...lol grin

As I was typing all this comment on Nairaland, I just woke up from my sleep!!! grin grin tongue

Me wey never even sabi how aeroplane dey inside

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by siwhoh(m): 8:23am On Mar 04, 2020
I'm still waiting for that feeling
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Hotspotbro(m): 8:29am On Mar 04, 2020
I went to the United States of Agege

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by tomju(m): 8:30am On Mar 04, 2020
In 2001, arrived Heathrow airport 5pm. Virgin Atlantic. Wow. Everything was so neatly arranged. From the aerial view inside the plane, you can see the expanse...sweet.calm, near perfect. Absolutely clean. Everyone seem to mind their business. Again as I got out, passed the port of entry, I saw some Nigerians outside doing cab business from airport. Suggesting we join his cab as passengers and share the fare. It worked! Heathrow to Portsmouth by road! Quite a distance. £18. Train would have been cheaper. I didn't know the route then....i knew a week later. Heathrow to paddington to Fraturn park. JJC no good o.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Millenniumlady(f): 8:31am On Mar 04, 2020
monfizzy:
Moving to the UK didn’t really know what to expect, I just had dreams and desire to change my life fortune. So when I landed at Heathrow I got my first scare when immigration told me to step aside after asking me why am I in the UK and who am I coming to see. Told them I’m not coming to see anyone but moving permanently to live with my wife (now ex) and they requested for her number and I gave. Then asked me where she is I told them she’s waiting for me at the arrival lounge. They delayed me for about 30mins but throughout the entire time I acted unworried coz I knew cameras were on me to observe my countenance.

Was just playing music with my Beats headsets and nodding my head to the rhythms, but I was worried inside me. I travelled with a residence permit and had all the confidence in-between the worries. So they later let me go and on getting at the arrival lounge saw madam and my brothers waiting for me, immediately I stepped out at Heathrow cold almost blew me off coz it was December period.

I was excited but the airport experience almost destabilised me. Sha thank God, my fortune has indeed changed forever. Now a naturalised citizen with a decent job and with an even promising future. No regrets whatsoever. The environment was a sight to behold. Nigeria would have killed my dreams.
Since she's now your ex can i travel and be your new wife ? smiley wink

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Millenniumlady(f): 8:33am On Mar 04, 2020
sholay2011:
My first time was when I travelled to Canada in Sept 2015 (and haven't returned yet!). I am not counting my school's field trip to Benin Republic, Shonghai farms. It was like a dream to me because I left Nigeria to further my studies and I had NOBODY where I was going. Just sorted my accommodation online and travelled alone for about 27 hours. Nobody came to receive me from the airport or anything. That was when I truly felt my destiny as much as in God's hands is also now in my hands, not my parent's hands or anything. I grew up quickly within days. grin

It was after three days I missed home and cried. grin

Awwwww embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by famss22(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2020
To go abroad done the hungry me oo
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Millenniumlady(f): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2020
lefulefu:
no i am furthering my studies here
thats a glimpse of the country..its a small island nation surrounded by the carribean sea at one side and the atlantic ocean on the other side.lagos state is bigger than this country but what u get here u cant get it in lagos.
How about i be your main chick since martin is not serious
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Millenniumlady(f): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2020
Victornezzar:

Wow

Cool

All the best man
smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Horlami247: 8:52am On Mar 04, 2020
Who can post us on easiest way to get uk or any visa once and how much Will be needed for both visa and flight

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Electroweb(m): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2020
The first time i travelled outside Nigeria, I just knew we had and have a long long long long way to go as a country. It was saddening.
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Pericardium2: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2020
Reading this in a bus tightly packed is very annoying. One thing is sure, few years from now, after I have complete my studies I would travel outside this country.

Amen!

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by centboy123456(m): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2020
supercase1:
Are u sure that u've travelled out of naija before grin
.this oh d guy no dry 9ja again oh
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by 8stargeneral: 9:02am On Mar 04, 2020
Chi59:
Who will take me abroad?
I will take u to Wuhan in China... get ready!.
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by centboy123456(m): 9:03am On Mar 04, 2020
Mariangeles:
Lie lie! grin

na true the guy no dey 9ja seen last year
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2020
8stargeneral:
I will take u to Wuhan in China... get ready!.
You didn't see me.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by mriyesecnerwal(m): 9:06am On Mar 04, 2020
On the day of my journey, I made cakes to eat for the flight to Mauritius. First time overseas was crazy. On getting to the airport, I was already swearing for Nigeria. I got there very late tho and I was delayed again. But the experience was worth it. Glad I left that Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Drives Out A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.