Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady (42936 Views)

Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? / Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by kindex(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
I swear my ex landlord craze gan.. I was forced to leave the house before my money finish the man no like progress at all. Him craze Na 10gb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by LajaLaba: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Zealoy(m): 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
Plz I need a room self contain in Lagos State, location Alakija, barracks, sattelite town, Omonile, abuloshun or abule ado,
Budjet : #150k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Victorclean1: 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
Terrible experience. I just packed out from same building am sharing with my landlord/landlady.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
lawalosky:

My sister you are the luckiest woman on earth..
Twice I have lived with landladies, but all ended with regrets, and very common among the igbo landladies (sorry no offense), they always take minor mistakes/things very serious. And ready to cause drama with you for no reason.
You never jam igbo mama put women na the worst of all.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by NigeriaBam: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
Fun
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by sisisioge: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hmmmm

I live with my elderly landlords and I'm having a good time. The mama double as the security and looks out for everyone in the house. She's cool I swearit.

The day I carried my bag and went to sleep over at a friends house for 4 days...she was astounded when she saw me waltz in later, she was like...Aunty B you no come house for 4 days, I said it was just 3 days ma...she was arguing with me and left me laughing...wetin concern you laugh.

I like my new place a lot...and I like my landlords.

20 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Winneygirl(f): 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
When i was looking for a place, an agent took me to a house where the Landlady had a rule.
"The Gate closes at 6pm".
I just turned around. Maybe it is jobless people she wants as tenants.

33 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by sureway1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
some tenants are wicked! they will frustrate the landlord/landlady and make them something else.. check the manner of 80% of people saying, don't live with landlord/landlady.....they have character issue.... I am a tenant but if I start telling you how some people that complain about landlord/landlady behave book go full....

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by JubrinElSudan: 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
Awww....my former place, the man is very nice . An offshore worker that has arranged all the flats with pumping machine and prepaid meter. A guy has been staying in the compound for upto 5 years now with his small family without paying , and the landlord said the highest thing he can do for the guy is for him to look for a smaller apartment and the landlord will give him #150k for him to just pack out. Someone owing him about 1.5million naira

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
Only lazy and troublesome tenants that are not prompt in rent payment and utility bills are the ones that will hit out at their landlord or landlady

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Godsproxy: 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
Don't wash your car in my compound, put off the generator by 12am,yoi didn't greet me on Thursday. Please avoid a house with landlord. Very annoying.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by guru03(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlady Na problem, I just decided to pack out of the house. She will look for trouble and blame the old landlord who has always been a problem. I gave her a dose of trouble for troubling my wife. Since then she has began to respect herself.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by money121(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ok
2016 we move in the building the landlady didnt stay with us after 6months she move in..
On faithful day one of her son beat a tenant wife (pregnant woman) instead of the husband to report the issue in police station he brought in touts to beat the son..
But the guy hide
To cut the stories short the landlady report the matter Sarz enter compound and arrest some of the tenant am among them..
The woman and her son lied that i beat her..

Police lock me up ( first day in my life to sleep cell)
They grant me bail the following day.

She came back to apologies i told her no problem
She serve me quite Notice sept 30th 2018

Guess what happened..

My house warming took place same date

See thread ( https://www.nairaland.com/4765255/see-photos-house-warming-ceremony)

Never Giveup on ur Hustling

God No go shame Us oooo

To all legit hustlers may Almighty God butter our bread...

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by majamajic(m): 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord is collecting NEPA bill for one year in advance , waste bill for one year ,

Yet he is not paying any of them , they will cut the light we go pay reconnection fees , garbage we still go throw by ourselves , but this year we change am for him , allow everyone has own dust bin , he said no , show us NEPA bills to divide he said no , he fixed the NEPA bills , this year he increased it with extra 6k . He carries chair to sit and watch every movement in the compound , he got no job since , retired . But he can count and keep records of all female visitors

Yet in the evening he will buy one bottle in a popular bar near the house , and be counting every bottle u take , if u don't buy for him make sure he didn't get home before u , cos na fence u go jump

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
Oboy mine was with a landlady ,that lady was religious o,ah. If u try nonsence na park ur cloth and leave
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by fajuyi59: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
Living in the same compound as your Landlord should be considered a punishment from God himself.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by enemyofprogress: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
All i know is that since my landlord die, i dey help my landlady to clean her farm and her ringtones na die. If you know you know
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by orunmila144: 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2020
i can never do that.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by pocohantas(f): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2020
Kandi006

How far na?

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Okikaneseokwu: 1:47pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ff
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Farki: 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2020
She was nice, always invited us to her house on holidays and gave us biscuits smiley.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by enemyofprogress: 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2020
sureway1:
some tenants are wicked!
some tenants will not make heaven i swear

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Venuz: 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
The landlord I lived with will always and always make sure you are not comfortable. Even his jokes sound like threats. If you talk, they will start making noise.
You see Owerri landlords, fear them...
Especially Hon. Innocent Okoro the landlord of Okoro extension in Poly rd, Nekede.....

Fear this man and all his ways

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by PotatoSalad(m): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord and the wife are like my second parents.
He has 3 daughters, all in sec school.
We do gist in the evenings occasionally after work. He sends his daughters to bring me food whenever I'm sick or some special sundays.

I do take his children to the malls sometimes.
Whenever something needs fixing in my apartment, he does that without wasting time.
They are just the best. No problems

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by BluntBoy(m): 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
KmniAutos:
Am I the only one that hasn't had issues with the Landord/Landlady while living in a house?

My former landlady is a retired teacher who is currently into agriculture and each time she's around (downstairs, cos she stays upstairs) there are a lot of lessons to learn from her,she not even triablistic at all ,and there was a time she even loaned me 350k.She's happily married with 5 boys and few grandkids,her husband still alive too.

Each time I'm visiting my former hood I always stop for a short visit with little gifts.I cant even remember a time I had issues with her.She owns the house l,yet her humbleness would make you think it's her husband house.

I noticed most times tenants refuse to abide by simple rules but are very easy to play victim cards ranting up and down, make we hear word abeg.

I was very young when my parents lived in a building where the landlord also had a flat. My parents never had any problems with the landlord and his family. But the other tenants, especially one engineer like that always had problems with the landlord. He was mostly not at home but whenever he was at home, it was always enough drama for us. cheesy There was even a time when this man brought police to arrest the landlord, and a week later, the landlord brought Mopol grin

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by AerialMapper: 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
I have had a wonderful experience.

I visited the premises, a two bedroom flat in Durumi 2 and wanted it immediately however i was told the Landlord didnt want Igbos.

He already had a bad experience with 2 igbo tenants who were still occupying the flats and stopped paying rents.

Anyway, i was so desperate for the flat that i told the agent i was Ghanaian...Changed my last name to Mensah!

I also warmed my parents when they were visiting not to speak Igbo so they do not cast me since the Landlord lived in the same compound.

To cut a long story short, this is my 4th year in the compound, the landlord knows i am Igbo and has changed his mindset that all Igbos are bad tenants.

The key to living harmoniously especially with a Landord in the same compound is to

MIND YOUR BUSINESS
PAY YOUR RENT ON TIME OR EXPLAIN WHY IT WOULD BE LATE
DON'T BE A NUISANCE
STICK TO THE TENANCY AGREEMENT
DONT CHASE HIS DAUGHTER...and he had a fine daughter who i call LandDaughter

This is my experience

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by jwax: 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord told me that one of the rules in the compound is that, the compound is not a hotel and we shouldn't make noise or play loud music but the man is an Aladura prophet who uses his parlour for service.

With their giant drums and noise every I couldn't sleep. Morning, afternoon and midnight they were having services and disturbing me. I kukuma went out and purchased a mighty speaker which I placed opposite his parlour to make noise. During their night vigil I don't sleep so after night vigil I also didn't allow them to sleep.

21 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by 3RNEST(m): 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lol ..... grin
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Rosarie(f): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
Tori long

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House / Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.