Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady (42908 Views)

Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? / Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by DaddyBella(m): 2:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
I've lived with my landlord and his family right in the same compound for 2 years now. 2020 is the third year.
In fact, it's been from glory to glory.
From promotion to my next rank to getting married, to having my baby.
It's been effortless, all thanks to GOD.
He too had his 2nd baby while in that compound. In fact, it's a newly built compound. 10 flats in all. 2-storey building. The occupant of each flat is the first. There have been 6 new child births in the compound since I moved in. 6 different families including the landlord's and mine.
Young igbo man, catholic, from Enugu state (NCAN get in here!), textile trader in idumota and we the tenants are a mix of igbo, yoruba, delta and edo all cohabiting well.
No issues so far. Any problem that develops (maybe electricity, plumbing, anything) he will want you to tell him so he can get appropriate service providers himself and get it fixed at his cost.
Very good man, my landlord.
And in Lagos, there are just 6 of them left.
FYI, I live in Ago Palace Way Okota Lagos.

19 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Reigning2020: 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
Aderewah:
Lol. Worst experience ever. My landlady was a jobless and useless woman. She had dogs that will always try to attack me after staying in the house for more than a year. One day, she wanted to travel, imagine this woman telling me to find somewhere to stay cos she can't leave her dogs alone.
This one right here is the height of them all .[color=#770077][/color]what insolence ! are you living @ the for free ? so what was your response and what happen afterwards?
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by smart024(m): 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
My Gbagyi landlord of two years back in the days in FHA Phase II was a wonderful man...
He lived in the main house in front while I lived in a two-bedroom apartment behind...
This man will come knocking on my door to come out so that he will give me a lift to work and then branch my workplace by evening to give me a lift back home...
He was more of a father to me than even a landlord...
I remembered a day I forgot my keys at work and he could not find the spares I left with him. He personally supervised the setting up of the guest room in his apartment for me to put up that night...
The wife would prepare food, put my share once in a while and send the son whom I was coaching in AutoCAD to bring for me...

On the other hand,
My Igbo landlady in old Karmo before I moved to FHA...
This woman was hell in human form...
She told me never to bring a visitor be it male, female or even relative to her house...
Warned me never to wash in the toilet inside the flat and still picked an offense with me because she has never seen me washing (and my cloths were washed at the laundry down the road)...
Said whenever she is sitting outside, I shouldn't sit there because she suspected that I am looking at her...
Answered a call in my language while opening the door and she came asking me who I was talking to and what was I telling the person in a language she can't understand...
One day came and asked me to give an account of where I go to after closing and then reach home late given that she knows that I do close early...

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Reigning2020: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
Zealoy:
Plz I need a room self contain in Lagos State, location Alakija, barracks, sattelite town, Omonile, abuloshun or abule ado,
Budjet : #150k

for that budget nah ! it ain't gonna happen.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Reigning2020: 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
smart024:
My Gbagyi landlord of two years back in the days in FHA Phase II was a wonderful man...
He lived in the main house in front while I lived in a two-bedroom apartment behind...
This man will come knocking on my door to come out so that he will give me a lift to work and then branch my workplace by evening to give me a lift back home...
I remembered a day I forgot my keys at work and he could not find the spares I left with him. He personally supervised the setting up of the guest room in his apartment for me to put up that night...

On the other hand,
She told me never to bring a visitor be it male, female or even relative to her house...
Warned me never to wash in the toilet inside the flat and still picked an offense with me because she has never seen me washing (and my cloths were washed at the laundry down the road)...
Said whenever she is sitting outside, I shouldn't sit there because she suspected that I am looking at her...
Answered a call in my language while opening the door and she came asking me who I was talking to and what was I telling the person in a language she can't understand...
One day came and asked me to give an account of where I go to after closing and then reach home late given that she knows that I do close early...

Boy this one weak me o !

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by vicysegun: 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
The Hates my Landlady has for Igbo no be small shocked shocked shocked.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by vicysegun: 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
Thank your God..Most Igbo Tenants are non cooperative

DaddyBella:
I've lived with my landlord and his family right in the same compound for 2 years now. 2020 is the third year.
In fact, it's been from glory to glory.
From promotion to my next rank to getting married, to having my baby.
It's been effortless, all thanks to GOD.
He too had his 2nd baby while in that compound. In fact, it's a newly built compound. 10 flats in all. 2-storey building. The occupant of each flat is the first. There have been 6 new child births in the compound since I moved in. 6 different families including the landlord's and mine.
Young igbo man, catholic, from Enugu state (NCAN get in here!), textile trader in idumota and we the tenants are a mix of igbo, yoruba, delta and edo all cohabiting well.
No issues so far. Any problem that develops (maybe electricity, plumbing, anything) he will want you to tell him so he can get appropriate service providers himself and get it fixed at his cost.
Very good man, my landlord.
And in Lagos, there are just 6 of them left.
FYI, I live in Ago Palace Way Okota Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by yeman1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
smart024:
The wife would prepare food, put my share once in a while and send the son whom I was coaching in AutoCAD to bring for me...

On the other hand,

This one has turned to another thing I swear..

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by enemyofprogress: 2:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
BluntBoy:

SMH...
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
My Landlady is very nice.She is a business woman. She likes me a lot and relates with me like a mother and I relate like a son to her. She gave me a cloth hanger when I was to move in thereby reducing my furniture costs. She gives me food sometimes.She is very gentle and easygoing. Her only rule is that we keep the compound clean, so we rotate sweeping the compound on a weekly basis which everyone does without issue. This is my first experience living alone and I am loving it.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Reigning2020: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
enemyofprogress:
keep shaking it and i will keep helping her tongue

it's just a wishful thinking my brother , it's happening in your dream
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Perfecttouchade: 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Greetings to every face2face tenants o , una own matter na story for another day cheesy the brouhaha inside face2face house na series.we fabricate Aluminium windows..check out our works through our profile...Tenants wahala landlord palava

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by vicysegun: 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2020
On of my Friend Landlady..once she off her Gen for night ..every other tenant na off be that grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by enemyofprogress: 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
Reigning2020:

it's just a wishful thinking my brother , it's happening in your dream
you just dey jealous me working on my landlady's beautiful farm tongue tongue
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by scobaba: 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
Did it for 5 years when I was a banker in Warri.

I will pay extra money not to try it again in this life.

The man will be like; you are running fuel three straight days yet you will cry for a small rent increment. Let this year end first. grin

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Righteousness89(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
The Fact is that there are evil and Bad landlords just as their are evil and Bad Tenants!

There are also very good Lanlords

My Parents stay in the House with their tenants..

My dad did all he can to ensure his tenants are comfortable!

There is a bore hole in the house

He has his pumping machine and the pumping machine for the tenants.

He has his own prepaid meter and the Tenants have theirs..

Every tenant have their keys to the gate..

As long as you are a peaceful and good person, you have no problems..

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by collinometricx: 2:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
Everyday fighting with tenants
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by lylescurtis63: 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ohdear

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by darlenese(f): 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
before God blessed us with our personal building , we once lived in a house where the landlady would stand behind our bathroom window , and scream , why are u wasting water !

are u brushing or bathing ?

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by BennyDon: 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord almost asked me to pay for two years, thank goodness he later realized NYSC is just for a year. He was so stupid to the extent that he would frown anytime chics came around. His wife was opposite, she was so caring, loving and easygoing.

I had mixed-feelings while living in their compound!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
undecided

I have a tenant who does not have a job but gossips round the world. What pains me the most is that na Guy na like me. He is free in our compound no disturbance but the rate at which he gossips is causing enemity between me and my younger bro. What do I do?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by emerged01(m): 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
I was about to renew my rent when the old man told that I should add money to my rent to find a new apartment. He was trying to give me silly excuse,it didn’t bother me. Though officially he hasn’t given me quit notice yet, he said when my money is due, he will do that.
I don’t wish to live in a compound where landlord lives.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
grin
scobaba:
Did it for 5 years when I was a banker in Warri.

I will pay extra money not to try it again in this life.

The man will be like; you are running fuel three straight days yet you will cry for a small rent increment. Let this year end first. grin
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by victorian(f): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
My former landlord was from the pit of hell!

I entered the compound rich, I left as poor as a church rat and even lost my only brother there.

Such a demonic man and house.

It took me 6years to recover after I ran out of his house. If not for God I would av died in that house.

Worst house ever.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Asquare84(m): 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
Me I am not living with a landlord/landlady all of us in the compound are living well except one lady and her husband, this woman can gossips for the whole area, whatsoever happen in the compound we must hear it from outsider. Last month a bought a prepaid meter for my flat cos we have four flat na so this woman come gather other tenants that I will still be paying estimated bill with them since my wire was still joined from the pole, I am waiting for next month that the will come and meet me for payment of Bill again. But as for my landlord I don't even know him because he hardly come to the house

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by poshestmina(f): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
1st house we stayed when I was younger : No pregnant woman ever gives birth and stays alive.
Anytime his aged mother falls sick ( she was well over hundred years then), somebody must die in the area angry angry angry grin grin

We had people that moved in with cars ,left without even a wheelbarrow.
My dad wasn't promoted for 7 years we stayed in that compound until we started attending mountain of fire oh, next thing,he came that my dad was disturbing him with his "die by fire" prayers .

Him and my dad were enemies ,I remember my dad walking him out of our apartment on several occasions ( my papa sef na old soldier) cheesy cheesy cheesy

2nd landlord : His wife left him and ran away with his 4 kids .So when we moved ,we became like family to him .My mum cooks and send us to give him on most Sundays . He'll help lift us to the junction on our way to school and still give us money .
He was a really prayerful man too .Nice and humble and he hardly talks .
My dad completed his building and we relocated.Last time,I was in Ibadan ,I went to greet him .
He has built a bigger house and moved in with his new wife and kids smiley smiley.

3rd Landlady: when I was in school .It was a self contained bq and I was the only tenant.
She was even the one begging me to be staying at home so she could have someone to talk with grin grin grin grin.

4th Landlady : You are friends until a month to renew your rent .she will start flashing you signals cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
No be person go remind you say time don dey reach.

We thank God for grace.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Greenbirth: 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
My experience way back then when I was in secondary school and my elder brother rented apartment which one Ijebu man was the landlord. Menn the man even hang juju at the entrance to the house. You can't bring any visitor inside the house and if the visitor try come. He must not bath inside the bathroom or hell will break loose. Very huribble.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by dominique(f): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
cook4me:
My landlord is a terrible man .imagine I bought an ac to fix in my room cos the room is so hot but he said I cannot use an air conditioner in his house and that if I must, then I should pack out.

What kind of AC? A split unit or a window AC that you have to break walls to install? Most landlords don't allow window AC because of the damage it does to walls

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by goshen26: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord....

If anyone offend him in the compound he will disconnect pumping machine. Both the innocent and the person that offend him will pay for it... Lol

If ur rent will due by July 31st, he will disconnect ur water by July 10th

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by abiolaadepeju1: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
My experience is horrible, i don,t pay to stay with any landlord again in my life.

My current landlady will collect money for water, sweeping of the compound and cutting of the grass but no body to do all this over two years i rented this house, unfortunately our pumping machine spoil and she did not repair it since October last year and she was collecting money from us.

God will save us from her soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by kaludestiny10(m): 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
There are good landlords/landlady's and there are bad landlords/landlady's.
During my uni days, my landlard lived in the same compound with the tenants all students. The woman was a case, an old woman for that matter. She gave us her bye law and told us that if we weren't comfortable with her rules, we can look for somewhere else, but we accepted her rules, hoping that she will change. She locks her gate at exactly 6pm. You mustn't accommodate a visitor for a night. An opposite sex is not allowed to visit you and spend the night. You must do environmental sanitation every last Saturday of the month. Police station was our second home because she was always calling police officers for us her tenants. But I must confess, that woman see shege for our hand. We even locked her outside one day. May God forgive sha for all the bad things the woman made me to do as a result of her high handedness. She was 80 years then, but I heard that she is late now. I can't write down all the things we did to her back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.