Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady (42939 Views)

Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? / Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Livingstone124: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
Horrible my dear. Horrible is the right adjective for it.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
pocohantas:
Kandi006

How far na?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by bigcee(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
3RNEST:
Lol the experience is shit, imagine your landlord telling u, bros your muzik too loud abeg low am i want sleep, like seriously I'm not paying rent or what, see me see wahala on top my own money... angry
That is unreasonable. It's a nuisance playing loud music in a rented apartment and causing disturbance to your landlord.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by idonhammer: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
From my papa house to my own mansion.God I thank you for all the blessings. I got no time for stupid poor landlords/landladies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Longman180(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
lawalosky:
Modified:
This thread is for those who is/are sharing same flat/compound with landlord/landlady.

I just wish to share my little experience, and it all happened back then, 2013 when I firstly moved to Abuja.

An agent connected me to this Landlady, a single mother in her 60s. She was weird and she is an "I am always right" type. All the tenants opinions doesn't matter to her.

She tried to conquer every body in that flat. I just kept avoiding her so as not to get myself into disrespecting her.

What pained me most, is she totally stopped answering my greetings 2 months to rent expiration. I noticed She is preparing to change it for, should in case I bring any excuse for not renewing my rent.

I jejely pack my stuffs and relocated to another environment one month to expiration, and promised not to ever live in a house where landlord and landladies are also living inside.

Share your experience living in the same compound/flat with a landlady so far.
my landlord? very very good man.may Almighty god continue to blessed him,he even gave me a gift of Ram,big Ram during my second born naming ceremony

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by AloneTK: 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
I think it's a matter of principle. Let's not forget that some tenants become difficult after moving in, breaching the conditions surrounding their contracts... and again, some Landlords/ladies sees owning a house as the height of all achievements not minding that being a tenant is only a step to becoming a house-owner too. Adhere to whatever agreements you both had before moving in (while expecting the worst from him/her to avoid surprise or disappointment). And if things get out of hand, don't wait until your rent expires before you make a move. For me, PEACE is the deal. I'd give anything to have it, even if it's a couple of bucks in rent.
It's the reason why they call it LIFE.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by seedorfg(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlady is calous and strict, she lock the gate around 7pm when she know I will be out watching football or charging my phone somewhere and with my friends cooking at their house. She always monitor me whenever I use the toilet, she will say I spit water to all the bathroom wall. She hates visitors especially lady's, she always report me to her son. After moving into the compound I heard the tenants don't complete their house rent before leaving, but I break the spell, complete my house rent, though she gave me a quit notice but after that she came apologising that she's not aware of the quit notice that her son is behind it. A month we the tenants move out, she started going to church around 6.am, saying some demon are threatening her......Mama ojoawo..very curbing woman. When she knows you heard a visitors she must come around to see the person, she has a garden at the back of my window but she won't let us cut vegetables or fruits, but thank God for the widen window I cut and eat what u want..

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by seedorfg(m): 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
Moving in to a new apartments that I will pay the rent alone, though I see kindness in my landlord and his wife, I pray we roll smoothly o.

Because I have them as parent and I hate disrespecting elders.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by TeetoEsq(m): 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord is a very good man. He gives you your way but just make sure you renew your rent else he will serve you notice to pack out....
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by enemyofprogress: 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
Longman180:
my landlord? very very good man.may Almighty god continue to blessed him,he even gave me a gift of Ram,big Ram during my second born naming ceremony
just dey monitor him near madam and make sure you do DNA for that your second burn. Nothing in life is free

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
Nothing much, just that both the landlord and his family members always come to borrow money, at times, they ask for food stuff.ALMSGIVING
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by zig2ryme04: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
I just moved to my present apartment. just a month now. my landlord wife helped me with cleaning the apartment and she even did some painting for me when I was painting the apartment

four days after I moved in, we both forth a neighbor opposite our building.

but she is a wonderful woman
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Businext: 4:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mine was great oh
Asides the every day going there to greet them
One time when I fell on my way to the bathroom na my landlady come help me oh

#NigeriaGoodPeople

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by PEREZPERECTUS: 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
majamajic:
My landlord is collecting NEPA bill for one year in advance , waste bill for one year ,

Yet he is not paying any of them , they will cut the light we go pay reconnection fees , garbage we still go throw by ourselves , but this year we change am for him , allow everyone has own dust bin , he said no , show us NEPA bills to divide he said no , he fixed the NEPA bills , this year he increased it with extra 6k . He carries chair to sit and watch every movement in the compound , he got no job since , retired . But he can count and keep records of all female visitors

Yet in the evening he will buy one bottle in a popular bar near the house , and be counting every bottle u took , if u don't buy for him make sure he didn't get home before u , cos na fence u go jump
Lol
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by FreeSpirited: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
Stayed with a landlady, a benin woman, very wicked with history of tormenting all her former tenants till they are frustrated and leave her house before expiration date.
When I got in, she was too nice to be true, but later I realise my suspicion was right, then she started frustrating me..lying and accusing me of what I dint do. she will lock the gate and never opened even at night. When other tenants packed out, it became worse for her..she did all she could to frustrate my life...Fought my visitors and never allowed visitors
At a point I had to believe she had some psychological and demonic issue combine with and strange behaviors. But then, her daughter liked me and be giving me green light. later I manned up, and gave her green light and started fucking her daughter in her parlour..that was the only good side. But before my rent, I got a better place. But then, some landlady or landlady act strange cos of certain fears, insecurities and underlying psychological problem unknown to us....Not everyone who appears normal is really normal.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
lawalosky:
Modified:
This thread is for those who is/are sharing same flat/compound with landlord/landlady.

I just wish to share my little experience, and it all happened back then, 2013 when I firstly moved to Abuja.

An agent connected me to this Landlady, a single mother in her 60s. She was weird and she is an "I am always right" type. All the tenants opinions doesn't matter to her.

She tried to conquer every body in that flat. I just kept avoiding her so as not to get myself into disrespecting her.

What pained me most, is she totally stopped answering my greetings 2 months to rent expiration. I noticed She is preparing to change it for, should in case I bring any excuse for not renewing my rent.

I jejely pack my stuffs and relocated to another environment one month to expiration, and promised not to ever live in a house where landlord and landladies are also living inside.

Share your experience living in the same compound/flat with a landlady so far.
. It was fun anyway, tenants call her iron lady( she is a manager in Shell,her late husband a prof)...Rule number 1:Don't bring too many women to the company 2 Don't smoke or get drunk. Gate are lock by 8 o'clock. Lovely apartment so I accepted it but I know I like breaking rules. I had a bizs that kept me late at night, I always returned 11pm, sometime 10pm. Gate will always open for me cos I settle our gate manager well.Long story short,I went clubbing,came back around 2pm, she already ordered my mannest man not to open for me. I make a lot of noise,she came and open it, I fell on her shoulder, she help me to her sitting room,next morning I wake up, beside me a cup of tea. She left to work,in the evening when she returns won't answer my greetings. I bring out the voice of my sound system until she came to my door and ask me to tune it down. I did as commanded. We became best of friends,she introduce me to her boy friend. I miss that house.. best experience ever.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by mechanics(m): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mine was always monitoring my movement, as per retired civil servant, and the landlord will not want to repair any thing in the house, when I told him I was leaving, him and his wife tried begging me but I made up my mind to leave.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by chloride6: 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
Godsproxy:
Don't wash your car in my compound, put off the generator by 12am,yoi didn't greet me on Thursday. Please avoid a house with landlord. Very annoying.

How is this unreasonable?
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by ezelous: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlady is like an angel, a prayer warrior and a peaceful being. I am very lucky to have her.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by lalasticlala(m): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
yeman1:

She was also a monitor spirit... any white girl I brought home, she would tell her that I brought another beautiful girl yesterday.. she just spoiling things for me. Mad woman

GboyegaD:
The couple were introduced to Chosen and a new dimension of craze started. They will hold vigil every night from 12am to 4am screaming at the top of their voice and disturbing the neighborhood. We had to evict them.

The worst was this Indian landlord who lied to me he wasn't staying in the house meanwhile he was staying on the main floor while I rented a room in his basement. This man comes downstairs everyday to check our kitchen, bathroom, garbage and recycle bin etc. One day I got pissed off and I parked behind his car. Thank God I only signed a four month lease cos I was about finishing my program at the time. I barely slept at home because of him.

Lol
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Biggiefela(m): 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
My own landlord neva give me water and light since November just because we had a disagreement. Am currently looking for a new place
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by karnivorous(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
my landlord build house but dey park he motor for the next compound, doesnt pay vigilante fee neither BEDC (NEPA) yet na he name dey for prepaid metre
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by karnivorous(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
Biggiefela:
My own landlord neva give me water and light since November just because we had a disagreement. Am currently looking for a new place
run for ya life
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by lawalosky(m): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
enemyofprogress:
just dey monitor him near madam and make sure you do DNA for that your second burn. Nothing in life is free
Bahd man grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by KusherAbel: 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
darlenese:
before God blessed us with our personal building , we once lived in a house where the landlady would stand behind our bathroom window , and scream , why are u wasting water !

are u brushing or bathing ?

Isssa lie cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by AreaFada2: 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
Birdeyeview:
my landlady happens to be one of the most cheerful and easy going person have seen so far.
her atitude and that of her husband has made its possible for we the tenants to live in peace amongst ourselves..
Great. I hope no tenant abuses their amiability.

Some tenants just take the piss and abuse kindness.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by peacefulhome(f): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
I don't have issue with my landlady. But one of her son, gosh, that guy is mentally unstable. Just two tenants in the compound , but this guy is giving us headache. Even the mum is tired of the guy characters. Am taking of a grown up man oh. I just tire.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by KusherAbel: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
victorian:
My former landlord was from the pit of hell!

I entered the compound rich, I left as poor as a church rat and even lost my only brother there.

Such a demonic man and house.

It took me 6years to recover after I ran out of his house. If not for God I would av died in that house.

Worst house ever.

Abeg drop the address make person no do mistake near that side

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Angelawhite(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
lawalosky:

My sister you are the luckiest woman on earth..
Twice I have lived with landladies, but all ended with regrets, and very common among the igbo landladies (sorry no offense), they always take minor mistakes/things very serious. And ready to cause drama with you for no reason.
probably you’re from the dirty tribe that don’t keep the environment clean

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by pacificom: 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
The idea of landlord
/ Landlady cohabitating with tenants in our society has ever been like making the unity of cat and mouse. It doesn't work or end up well in most cases without leaving room for abuse or violent conducts. There are nice landlords who are God fearing that will embrace tenants as brothers and sisters, while vast majority will want to eat their cake and still have it. Unfortunately, the Real estate law is less effective in Nigeria and that answers the reason for the jungle justice approach by some uncertified road side estate agents and gangmasters, who leverages on the laxity of the law and anxiety of home seekers to indirectly sell tenants to landlords and prosper out of the deal. Mattew 22 :38-39 " [38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". Therefore regardless of what the civil law says, as good Christian's and Muslims, we must not allow material things to blow up our ego to commit sin against God who has blessed us out of his abundance of glory. Psalm 24:1 "The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof".

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by KusherAbel: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
kaludestiny10:
There are good landlords/landlady's and there are bad landlords/landlady's.
During my uni days, my landlard lived in the same compound with the tenants all students. The woman was a case, an old woman for that matter. She gave us her bye law and told us that if we weren't comfortable with her rules, we can look for somewhere else, but we accepted her rules, hoping that she will change. She locks her gate at exactly 6pm. You mustn't accommodate a visitor for a night. An opposite sex is not allowed to visit you and spend the night. You must do environmental sanitation every last Saturday of the month. Police station was our second home because she was always calling police officers for us her tenants. But I must confess, that woman see shege for our hand. We even locked her outside one day. May God forgive sha for all the bad things the woman made me to do as a result of her high handedness. She was 80 years then, but I heard that she is late now. I can't write down all the things we did to her back.

Next time don't fight fire with fire. If you had surprised her with love instead the outcome would surprise you.
Anyway may the good Lord forgive your sins

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Budline1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
3RNEST:
Lol the experience is shit, imagine your landlord telling u, bros your muzik too loud abeg low am i want sleep, like seriously I'm not paying rent or what, see me see wahala on top my own money... angry

Your music shouldn't be loud bro, for your own sanity, you shouldn't even be letting the music so loud. If that is all he does, he isn't wrong. You pay rent or not, we should respect others anywhere we find ourselves, that is how we can be respected too.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House / Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.