Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady (42930 Views)

Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? / Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by beardedboy(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
A friend of mine lives with his landlord. His a landlord is a nice man but if you want trouble just forget to switch on security light before going to bed. The next morning you'll get lecture of your life about the importance of security light.

grin

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by nwimo22(m): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2020
God bless my Landlord and the wife immensely. During my Nysc days i like loud sounds,leaving my generator overnight when theres no light and inviting different babes(fellow corp members) they still treated me like their own. My neighbours then was all yorubas and i was the only igbo but they were amazed how i was getting favour from them to the extent i was made the caretaker(Lol) maybe cos i always try to make sure the compound is always neat cos me i hate a dirty environment. I left his compound around july last year but they always put a call across to me to know how am doing.

15 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by oluwanimoduroty: 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord and landlady during my service year were nothing short of parents to me. They were the kindest set of people I have ever met, they took me and my co tenants like family, I can practically count the times I made food for myself all through my one year stay with them and I didn't even pay for electricity and was connected to their generator supply. May God continue to strengthen and keep them.

Had a bad experience staying outside in school though, had to stay in school hostel all through school after my off campus experience. Ile-Ife landlords and ladies are somehow hostile.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Olujoe1(m): 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hell fire ooooooooo
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by sheunsheun(m): 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord and wife will bring broom and come and be sweeping our compound. They made it an habit to lock our gate at 11am.

NB: This couple lives just beside our flat oo and not inside the same compound(A fence separating the two houses)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by BluntBoy(m): 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
enemyofprogress:
All i know is that since my landlord die, i dey help my landlady to clean her farm and her ringtones na die. If you know you know

SMH...

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by adeade83: 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
lawalosky:
Modified:
This thread is for those who is/are sharing same flat/compound with landlord/landlady.

I just wish to share my little experience, and it all happened back then, 2013 when I firstly moved to Abuja.

An agent connected me to this Landlady, a single mother in her 60s. She was weird and she is an "I am always right" type. All the tenants opinions doesn't matter to her.

She tried to conquer every body in that flat. I just kept avoiding her so as not to get myself into disrespecting her.

What pained me most, is she totally stopped answering my greetings 2 months to rent expiration. I noticed She is preparing to change it for, should in case I bring any excuse for not renewing my rent.

I jejely pack my stuffs and relocated to another environment one month to expiration, and promised not to ever live in a house where landlord and landladies are also living inside.

Share your experience living in the same compound/flat with a landlady so far.

It is usually a horrible experience. I pray to have my own house.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by damibjs: 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
Diz my landlady in Ibadan wants to kill me....she will wokeup 3am shouting and binding witches everyday....wit diz her megaphone stuff.....I ran for my life coz I can't sleep....despite my rent still running.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by fineboynl(m): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
I don't live in house where landlord stays. the rules are too much.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by cook4me(f): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord is a terrible man .imagine I bought an ac to fix in my room cos the room is so hot but he said I cannot use an air conditioner in his house and that if I must, then I should pack out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by majamajic(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
Farki:
She was nice, always invited us to her house on holidays and gave us biscuits smiley.

This topic is for your parents , u can't say . Inviting u might be for her to see your body condition to consider increase for your dad

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by mustygboy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord is not smiling at all wen i ve nt pay him d house rent and i dare nt to enter the house with expensive things in front of him or better aroma knocking at his door.... I ll nt be in peace for like one week

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by enemyofprogress: 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
BluntBoy:

SMH...
keep shaking it and i will keep helping her tongue
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by imurboss: 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
Terrible set of people
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Iwanttoto: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
AGUBANZE:
Wetin my eyes see I no fit talk am finish .

You’re not allowed to bring in any type of visitor , even your own visitor . He disgraces other tenants like they stay at his house free , if he try me I go break him mouth .

I noticed he has been saying a lot of bad things about me in my back so I scattered area , I burst bottle full everywhere ,as he come back from shop fear catch am .

He locks the gate by 7:00 pm , just imagine that , I just jump his fence and smoke Arizona close to his window to annoy the hell out of him.

The daughter started visiting me and that almost drove him insane .

This man was a hot mess , could you believe he turns off the light when he leaves for his shop and throws the whole compound in darkness while everyone else is enjoying light . Do you know what I did , I used my gen always , from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am . He wanted to make life hell for me but i be original werey wey pass am .

If he wants to top up the electricity, he buys like 500 Naira card , just imagine . I spent out of my personal pocket to keep the light running sometimes. If light spoil he will not even send , he’s busy fukcing around with this woman that sells palm wine , I caught them once banging close to this church around 8 pm , it wasn’t even dark enough yet and he’s too stingy to rent a guest house or hotel room for his extra marital affairs .

I no fit talk wetin my eye see finish . To pump water nah wahala , light wahala . Visitors restricted . And you pay for the water and light with the house rent , why won’t he offer services we paid him for .

As of recent the compound is empty , all the tenants packed one by one . He should enjoy his extra marital affairs and his greedy proceeds that doesn’t reflect anywhere in his whole life .

Oga Kaojo, if you stumble upon this ,

From the bottom of my heart , I banged your daughter and nothing happened . And I hate you .

Don’t move into any compound that the landlord lives in with you . Don’t take this advice at your own peril .

Lol. This your story sounds like a wretched face me I face you compuound story

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by fabulous85: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
3RNEST:
Lol the experience is shit, imagine your landlord telling u, bros your muzik too loud abeg low am i want sleep, like seriously I'm not paying rent or what, see me see wahala on top my own money... angry
there is nothing wrong with what the land lord said. I tell my co - tenants the same thing. Reduce the volume I also pay rent.

22 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by enemyofprogress: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Farki:
She was nice, always invited us to her house on holidays and gave us biscuits smiley.
chei na biscuits she take catch una like small pikin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by therajah: 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlady is staying alone while her husband stays abroad. She said i must not bring a girl home... that if i do and she sees the girl gng into my apartment, she starts imagining different things and dat turns her on and cld make her commit.

16 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by EmekaBlue(m): 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
if you dont owe rent or other utilities i dont think u will have problem with ur landlord

na mainly onigbese tenants landlords dey disturb especially afonja tenants with stories upon stories of why they cant pay rent meanwhile using money u borrowed them to play bet9ja . Myself sometimes i even buy gifts for my landlord, the man is even pushing his daughter jumoke to me

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Xucxex1997: 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
The house wey I dey stay now self I no even know when I dey pay house rent finish cause the landlord na real jonkey if the thing hold am like this him dey find me come for money to go high and as I dey give am him dey write receipt plus I don bang him 2 daughters
Abeg d place too sweet

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Kylekent59: 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
Blakewilli:
Exactly what i thought!

Lalasticlala

Rule 20 grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by chigo5(m): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
lawalosky:

My sister you are the luckiest woman on earth..
Twice I have lived with landladies, but all ended with regrets, and very common among the igbo landladies (sorry no offense), they always take minor mistakes/things very serious. And ready to cause drama with you for no reason.
can u say ur view without putting tribe, cus it's a sensitive issue u kn.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Elsanchez: 2:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
My landlord is a very annoying person

small thing like if you are owing nepa bill this man don go off water, disconnect light

plus he expects tenants to bring money for manual work done on the soak away

after tenants already paid for the draining of the soak away

at the moment, all taps in the compound are dry till we pay the money

i don tire, i just want to move outt!!!!!!
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by vicysegun: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
My Landlady Na weather !!! ...her smiling can turn to frowning withing a blink of an eye!! shocked shocked..
That is why i never laugh to her jokes ...business is business angry angry...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Farki: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
majamajic:

This topic is for your parents , u can't say . Inviting u might be for her to see your body condition to consider increase for your dad

The rent was fair but we have packed out since. She didn't even want us to go grin.
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by vicysegun: 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2020
If you knw enter house before 8pm ..na outside u go dey till God help you..
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by majamajic(m): 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2020
Farki:

The rent was fair but we have packed out since. She didn't even want us to go grin.

Your parents might be going through hell which u might not notice ,
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2020
Kylekent59:

Rule 20 grin grin
please o! I did nothing
Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by julitoch: 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mine is long oo, I once lived in a compound with Landlord and his wicked wife that influences all his decisions, an agent got the house for me and when I came to pay I wasn't given any terms and conditions but when I moved the woman told me that they don't allow visitors in the compound onĺce is 8pm, I quickly asked that why didn't you tell me that before I paid, anyway I wasn't even the type that brings in visitors as much, but she was constantly having problems with the other lady behind because she's always having visitors. One day I went out to see a friend off around 9pm and got back around 9:12pm only to discover that they have locked the gate and that was the same week she sacked the security so I was left at their mercy for me to enter the compound, I got to gate, I knocked for close to 45minutes, no answer, I hit the gate with stones and stick no way, and the man's younger brother that came for IT,was in the security house, but didn't answer, it was around 10pm that the lady at the back because we are just two tenants, she came out and said that she has been hearing the knock for a long time but felt that is not me, that if is me that I would have called but unfortunately I didn't go out with my phone, I was charging it, when she opened the gate, with anger i went to the Landlord's door and gave them a piece of my mind, God saved them that none of them came out as I was shouting because was at my boiling point, in the morning the landlord came to my door and knocked when I came out, he said, is that if someone has a problem where he lives he will be shouting, I said okay you heard my shouting but you didn't hear my knock for almost an hour that you're a very wicked man, i even asked his younger brother while he locked the gate when he is aware I'm out, he said that madam gave instruction that he should lock it that when I come I should go back to where I'm coming from, after the Landlord left my door, that same morning he went and bought jamlock key and fixed to the gate and gave everyone their own,
it was after the incident that I started hearing their stories in the street, that none of their tenants ever finishes one year rent, that they will frustrate you till you move out and leave the rent, I made up my mind that I must finish mine the same with the other lady behind, immediately my rent finished I took off from the compound and vowed not to live in a compound where Landlord or landlady lives

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by yeman1(m): 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
I had a very bad experience with my Landlady in Nigeria.. most especially when I travelled, most of my things including my gold has been stolen.. when I reported to her, she would ask me did they break your door? And honestly speaking they did not...and I even changed all the doors key but thief still coming .. I was fed up. She just decided to build a small poultry at my back and killing me with fowl feaces sometimes drop it at entrance gate... there's no way you would avoid the smells. I left the house and overlooked my remaining 5 months..rent. sometimes when I didn't see her , I may walk close to her flat and greet her good morning which ever way . There are lot if things which I can't put everything into writing... I'm a guidance counsellor , I tried to find and identify this woman's problem .. the reason why she's behaving like that... I couldn't find out... in fact neighbours said I' was the only person that stays long in that house that no tenants ever lasted for 3 months before they packed out.

My Landlady in Sweden was another mystery..
When ever I'm closed from work to relax my brain,, after tedious lectures from classroom and at work, she would knock my door, then she enter and brought one stupid map of Sweden,, showing everywhere in the city bla bla... then she would sit very close to me to that her elbow would be rubbing my thing..next thing I have erection.. I tried to avoid her to shift , she would shift after me..ufff. when I got back to sch in d second , I told my Naija pals, they said the woman needs kondo that I should give it to her... how can I give kondo to that 57 years.. mehn.. I moved from that house after two weeks when I got another apartment . When I told her in her language that I'm leaving ..she was furious.. she said no.. no no.. lol.. wetin Musa no go see for Mosque..

She was also a monitor spirit... any white girl I brought home, she would tell her that I brought another beautiful girl yesterday.. she just spoiling things for me. Mad woman

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by philip0906(m): 2:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
therajah:
My landlady is staying alone while her husband stays abroad. She said i must not bring a girl home... that if i do and she sees the girl gng into my apartment, she starts imagining different things and dat turns her on and cld make her commit.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady by Farki: 2:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
majamajic:

Your parents might be going through hell which u might not notice ,

Bro my parents had their own house since all bought and paid for, never really struggled with rent money or fought with the landlady. A new baby sha hastened the packing out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.