Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,912 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group (31276 Views)

Resign Or Be Sacked From INEC – Ozekhome Warns Amina Zakari / INCREDIBLE news from CNN!!! Can This Happen In NIGERIA? / Another Brilliant Piece On Achebe From CNN Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 2:11am On Jun 14, 2007
I-man I am waiting for him to make the dinosaur extinction analogy to make my night. the bets are already on grin grin
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Iman3(m): 2:18am On Jun 14, 2007
obongistic reasoning:

1)The German Govt is more violent than the Sudanese Govt

2)Why?Because ,you stupid shit,it killed 6 million Jews

3)It might be peaceful now but we shouldn't take snapshots of history.Look at the whole history
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 2:20am On Jun 14, 2007
obongistic reasoning grin grin grin grin

**adding new term to lexicon**
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by obong(m): 2:25am On Jun 14, 2007
@I-man, i don't need to prove it to you. frankly you're incapable of understanding anything. the gay trailing you, the one i called stupid shit is now running behind you, with you guys hi fiving each other over BS.

fact remains, i've shifted your arguments from painting the ND problem in nigeria as all of nigeria to pointing out it exists in the so called bastions of civilization. the best you can do at this point is fake thar it is worse in nigeria. you cannot say it does not exist there in europe. and has existed a such for 40 odd years
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 2:29am On Jun 14, 2007
where in Europe does a conflict arising from a central govt taking resources from a part and impoverishing it exist?

what does existing for 40 odd years have to do with anything?

if 40 years after the independence of the US in the 1800's there was no electricity, we should necessarily not have electricity in Nigeria now because we are also just 40 years after independence, since we have to compare the entire time scale after independence, not just the last two years

that is a typical example of your obongistic reasoning
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by obong(m): 2:31am On Jun 14, 2007
once again you are showing your stupidity. your are losing focus? this is not about the actions of the central government. but you know what. you are just avoiding addressing the central issue at hand,
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 2:34am On Jun 14, 2007
it is not about the actions of the central government?

please who is MEND fighting? is it not the FG of Nigeria?

who owns/controls oil resources now? is it not the FG?

your are the one losing focus not me grin grin

please educate us on the ' issue at hand'
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Iman3(m): 2:34am On Jun 14, 2007
obong:

fact remains, i've shifted your arguments from painting the ND problem in nigeria as all of nigeria to pointing out it exists in the so called bastions of civilization. the best you can do at this point is fake thar it is worse in nigeria. you cannot say it does not exist there in europe. and has existed a such for 40 odd years

Pass the weed bro.You must be smoking some proper ganja.Where in your flagellated mind can you recall me claiming that the ND problem applys "to all of Nigeria" or that separatist violence does not exist in Europe ?      

Go ahead,surprise me.Find where I said such
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 14, 2007
debosky:

obongistic reasoning grin grin grin grin

**adding new term to lexicon**

Obongistic reasoning adj - a term that describes a convoluted intellectual thought process  that attempts to stand logic on its head usually involving a tremendous amount of revisionist history. Example; Since the US did not have electricity after 40 yrs of independence it is perfectly expected that Nigeria should wait 200 yrs before it can dream of constant power supply.   cool
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by obong(m): 2:39am On Jun 14, 2007
the issue at hand is the image portrayed in the western media. the double standards, the fact that the issues that exist in the ND also exist in their lands, but is not presented the same way. if you are lost, go back and reread the titled then the subject of the posts that follow.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 2:43am On Jun 14, 2007
ok, so part of the issue is that 'the same issues as in the ND exist in their land' right?

I refer you to my previous post, where in Europe is the ISSUE that the central govt impoverishes an area where it derives most of its resources leading to an armed conflict??

where in Europe is an area producing 15billion dollars yearly in income unable to have drinking water, hospitals, electricity, housing and other basic amenities?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Iman3(m): 2:45am On Jun 14, 2007
obong:

the issue at hand is the image portrayed in the western media. the double standards, the fact that the issues that exist in the ND also exist in their lands, but is not presented the same way. if you are lost, go back and reread the titled then the subject of the posts that follow.

It can't be presented in the same way because the situations are significantly different.You can't compare Bilbao(Basque-Spain) to the Niger-Delta.Bloody hell!  grin
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by obong(m): 2:51am On Jun 14, 2007
@It can't be presented in the same way because the situations are significantly different.You can't compare Bilbao(Basque-Spain) to the Niger-Delta.Bloody hell!

thats your position. the situations are very similar.

where in Europe is an area producing 15billion dollars yearly in income unable to have drinking water, hospitals, electricity, housing and other basic amenities?

are you saying this is why jeff and cnn staged the story? because of the injustice of the nigerian government?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 2:53am On Jun 14, 2007
stop this your convoluted peverse logic

obong:

the issue at hand is the image portrayed in the western media. the double standards, [b]the fact that the issues that exist in the ND also exist in their lands, [/b]but is not presented the same way. if you are lost, go back and reread the titled then the subject of the posts that follow.

is the situation of the injustice of the Nigerian government as described in my post prevalent in Europe? answer the question and stop dancing around
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by obong(m): 2:57am On Jun 14, 2007
i'm not going to be dragged in BS. stick to the issue of the media portrayal of nigeria and your twisted mentality regarding the country.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 3:01am On Jun 14, 2007
who brought up the comparison with Europe's ETA and IRA? now you don't want to be dragged into the BS you established.

my mentality is not twisted at all, To hide under bad portrayal and be deluded about the real problems on ground is not my style at all
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by obong(m): 3:07am On Jun 14, 2007
a lazy argumentative style is to change the focus of the topic. fact remains that mend is not unique, hence the reference to ira and eta. im sure there are other groups out there than one would add to the list. i want to see a staged report on those groups or a presentation similar to what we saw in the ND

as i stated earlier, i understand why they do it. they own the media.

but your reasons stem from ignorance and worse
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by debosky(m): 3:23am On Jun 14, 2007
first you make an assertion, then run away from it when you cannot back it up, then resorts to insults.

well i've had all the obongistic reasoning i can take for a day, cheerio!
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by isho: 10:31am On Jun 14, 2007
hi guys ,jeff or no jeff, the truth that i will like to be objective to the grave danger of kidnapping,hostage taking, extortion and killings in the niger delta region, which is unprecedented in the recent times and if concious effort are not rightly taken, the miltancy level may snowballed to brazen anarchy. If the god forsaken hawks in abuja allow the golden hen that lays the golden egg to lie prostate without remedy this will spell doom for this nation. To the western press, killing of 33 fellow student in a university is enough to think about and tens of people being murdered on the streets should give every one of us concern and stop casting unneccesary aspersions and misguided about the worlds most populous black nation.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by obong(m): 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2007
thank you isho. fact remains we need in objectivity in how our nation i presented.

@the dumb and dumber clowns i was dealing with yesterday: folks like you should be tied up on bar beach and killed. i'd gladly do the dirty work.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Abdblues(m): 7:45am On Jun 15, 2007
Na wa for this Obong o!
obong:

thank you isho. fact remains we need in objectivity in how our nation i presented.

@the dumb and dumber clowns i was dealing with yesterday: folks like you should be tied up on bar beach and killed. i'd gladly do the dirty work.

They should be tied up and killed because they have an opinion that differs from yours or because they had the audacity view their opinions? Yeye man
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by seun001(m): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2007
really jeff has been known to come up wit sensational stories and this isnt the first time he has done a story on naija that has angered the govt.also he even got an award for doing a rubbish storie of people eating rats ,cant remember the country now.so the problem is not cnn airing the clip,as they have vindicated themselves by firing jeff.more onthis later.gtg
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by obong(m): 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2007
They should be tied up and killed because they have an opinion that differs from yours or because they had the audacity view their opinions? Yeye man

because they are stupid and are a drain on resources
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Orikinla(m): 1:52am On Jun 16, 2007
Afam,
You are not in the Niger Delta.
As at present, the Americans and Europeans at the Nigeria LNG on Bonny Island have sent their wives and children home. And go on to http://www.oyibosonline.com and read what they are saying.

CNN can report the realities in the Niger Delta without paying for a stage-managed demonstration by Kill and Go militants who are daredevils.

The Niger Delta crisis became worse when the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) tried to cheat and exploit the political thugs used in the region. Ateke Tom said the PDP is still owing him N300 million.

Afam,
Have you been to the Niger Delta recently?

My younger sister phoned me three five hours ago to report how police men at a check-point robbed her of N20, 000 and she was scared to argue with them as one of them nearly killed her driver.

Both the expatriates and natives are at the mercy of the trigger-happy militants and Mopol police officers.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by YangaRat: 8:35am On Jun 16, 2007
Na only person when never step ground for Niger Delta go fit just open mouth begin dey announce say MEND no get power to terrorise anybody there.

Na which kind exaggerate una dey talk say Jeff Koinenge dey exaggerate ? Una think say that machine gun when MEND boys dey take dance for CNN camera, say na toy gun ?

OK o, so na because MEND boys dey dance for camera, na him cause wey una dey halla say Koinenge and CNN dey "stage manage" that dance ?

The person when take eye see Koinenge as e dey teach MEND boys how to dance and play drum, PLEASE O, make that person stand up and show us that MTV Mike Jackson dance video, so we all go dey sure say true-true na "stage manage" show CNN come show us to spoil Nigeria good name.

Niger Delta NA WAR ZONE. London and Spain nogo EVER fit dey danger like Niger Delta, no matter how ETA and IRA fight reach, because law and order nogo gree make a such thing happen there. Law and order NO DEY Niger Delta, and any person when think say na lie make the person enter canoe go tell MEND for dem hideout say them no get power pass to take toy gun dance.

Monkey no fine, but him mama love am.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by MILITIA(f): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2007
@debosky and yanga Rat and Orinkinla-------------

Good job!  You guys have said it all!  They are worried about Jeff and his "theatrical props" or Jeff's sexcapades when we have worse situations going on in ND?  How myopic.  Jeff Koinange is somewhere enjoying his vacation with the "shaved beaver" and Obong and his students of "misinformation" are throwing cyber tantrums here?  I wonder sometimes what some people eat for breakfast? 

Please tell them awon Obong and his vice principal of "miseducation" Uyai to shut the "F" up! grin
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by hannamor(m): 12:32am On Jun 17, 2007
I have been so not reading the news, I mean about the Jeff Koinange thing. It's definitely no news to me that naija is painted badly and most of the images false, but it thoroughly pained me to imagine that an african would paint a bad picture that unwittingly represents all of africa. I live in Maryland USA, and so far this year (it's only June), there have been 150 murder cases in Baltimore. And hell no! the four years I schooled in "apkruka" Delta State University in Abraka, I never experienced the kind of horror of Virginia Tec. University. ( I expect majority of you heard about Seung Cho Hui ). My husband is American and I told him that wouldn't happen in naija. Most people here think the worse for Africa, but it's so not so. I really miss Naija. OMG, there are guns everywhere in USA. Yesterday, it was in the news that a 15 year old boy was found with a loaded gun in a classroom. This wouldn't even happen in Ajegunle High school, if there is any school like it. So if Jeff Koinange lost his job for telling lies, that's so hot! tongue
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Iman3(m): 12:45am On Jun 17, 2007
hannamor:

I live in Maryland USA, and so far this year (it's only June), there have been 150 murder cases in Baltimore. And hell no! the four years I schooled in "apkruka" Delta State University in Abraka, I never experienced the kind of horror of Virginia Tec. University. ( I expect majority of you heard about Seung Cho Hui ). My husband is American and I told him that wouldn't happen in naija. Most people here think the worse for Africa, but it's so not so. I really miss Naija. OMG, there are guns everywhere in USA. Yesterday, it was in the news that a 15 year old boy was found with a loaded gun in a classroom. This wouldn't even happen in Ajegunle High school, if there is any school like it.

grin grin grin Patriotism is a wonderful thing. Are you comparing gun violence in the US to that of Nigeria? Please,when did you leave Nigera,if you don't mind me asking?
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by MILITIA(f): 12:51am On Jun 17, 2007
@hannamor

Please can you please read your post and clarify if you are a male or female? You identified your sex in your profile as male. Then you are telling us that you have an "American Husband"! grin grin grin grin grin Are you married to a man? When you get you stories straight, then I can respond to your post! Right now, you have major credibility issues! cool
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by hbrednic: 1:13am On Jun 17, 2007
@I-MAN
there is much more gun violence in nigeria than in US,atl east according to your statistics.
are you happy now?

@militia,
i know u have been dreaming of a vacation with jeff,  but he is currently emotionally unbalanced to be thinking of vacation now.since he has to take care of his herpes,his lost job,has to pay shaved beaver for the rape date and still some explanations to his wife.  

all in all,if anybody thinks that the report wasnt stage- managed,ur free to write a protest letter to cnn,pointing out there contradition in booting jeff,  who knows,he might be recalled. chikena dan kpru bah.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by zikko007(m): 1:17am On Jun 17, 2007
this guy should have been crucified not sacked what puzzled me the most is his statement that his actions are CNN ways of doing things and he is rather supprise. in other words, most news on CNN are fabricated. in other words it is CNN that is to be crucified not just Jeff Koinange the Kenyan.
among his other atrocities are:
1. the instance of the CNN report on the Palestinian jubilation as regards the 9/11 attacks which purports that the Palestinians were in support of the attacks. this CLIP was later found to be several years old and the cause of the jubilation was later discovered to be over the withdrawal of Iraq from Kuwait.
2. conflicting reports about the death of Zarqawi.

, and on ,
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Iman3(m): 1:26am On Jun 17, 2007
hbrednic:

all in all,if anybody thinks that the report wasnt stage- managed,your free to write a protest letter to cnn,pointing out there contradition in booting jeff,  who knows,he might be recalled. chikena dan kpru bah. shocked

Did CNN tell you why they booted him out?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court / Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election / Ismaila Isa Funtua Buried In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.