Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,494 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? (67616 Views)

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Godsfavour78: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2020
olasaad:

I am married. My own problem is infidelity. I can cope with any other problem God forbid shaa.
Please God Forbid you will never see financial problems in marriage.

12 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by tonididdy(m): 2:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
For me it will be the constant invasion of privacy.

It's sad but I have to forgo it, if it's the only way I can stay married.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by ednut1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
bigpicture001:
Financial compatibility....

This does not mean being rich by the guy,instead it means being able to share na be of help financially in marriage..,.

Women are non not to be supportive in this aspect nd that see it as their right....

This is a silent home breaker especially for the middle income spouses.

A guy I know divorced his wife straight after sh delivered of their first child... He saved for the D-

This is a big p,no one talks abt
happening in many homes. One of my mama tenant used to gist me then. He lost his job at ports madam wey he opened shop for refused to help with rent. Could not pay my mum for long. Any lady that is not free with her money to take care of joint bills . Sorry i cant marry

8 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Chuzoetoh(m): 2:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
I will comment when you remove Tonto Dike's pic from thread.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Raychelle24(f): 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
Kabaka100:

People think that only a business requires financial plan. A marriage also requires a strict financial plan to make the marriage work successfully like having a joint account, investmentvacciunt, emergency account. All these account has to have an agreed monthly contribution and withdrawal limit per spouse.
This post was making sense until the joint account part shocked

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
I also think the perception of marriage matters, in that some people are looking for someone to rescue them financially, so when their expectations are not met, that marriage is hard already. It's important we know our common values, marry who is compatible with you.

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Ekakamba: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

This does not mean being rich by the guy,instead it means being able to share na be of help financially in marriage..,.

Women are non not to be supportive in this aspect nd that see it as their right....

A guy I know divorced his wife straight after sh delivered of their first child... He saved for the D- day..but still fell short of 95k cuz there was complication of deliverering that no one expected.....

While he run from pillar to post to his friends seeking a soft loan pending wen he is paid..the wife still held at the hospital sent her younger sis,who stays with them to secretly go to the house go nd to her matrimonial room nd collect the 65k sh kept in her bag b4 d hubby mistakenly sees it

Unfortunately for her the hubby went home nd met his teenage in law with 65k cash....sh TLD him her elder sis instruction....

He was shocked...nd told the gal to go ahead nd deposit d money to d wife's bank as sh was instructed by her. He continued his nuzzle nd two days later he got them out of the hospital paying 126k additional from the first delivery cost...

Sh came back home nd can't look him in the eyes...quarell after quarelk ensued DT led to divorce exactly one month later....

Gals of this days are too stingy nd mny of them take d Character into marriages.....never ever Marry a lady DT will not b supportive..as a guy,u can't solve all them financial problems in marriage...

Person wey get sense go press Ctrl + S for him brain after reading this. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Maski87: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
It's when your wife is servicing her boss,and you know that if you complain,there will be no food on the table and the children will be sent home from school

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
Finance happens to be very important

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by paparazzi1987(m): 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sexing the same babe for the rest of your life grin

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Wannabenz: 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
When the love fades how to sustain it and not give up on each other.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
For me I feel staying in love is so much more difficult than falling in love....Every reasonable opinions counts.
for me, marriage is growing together in all areas of life, learning how to accommodate and adapt to the changes your partner will experience as they grow is key

Also, sharing a bed with someone.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
Also, attraction fades, So when a man is tired of one woman or a woman is tired of one man
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Pokosmiling007: 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hey mind you Marriage isn't an achievement .

Just make plenty of money and watch how God will put everything in order just for your sake.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by CheedyJ(m): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2020
Lamanii22:
Staying faithful.... I respect my mom on that part... She's so faithful to my dad, truss me some other women would have left since or cheated.. I wanna be like her...
How do you know she might not have cheated, do you follow her everywhere or if she does ,would she sit u down & tell you?

Just kidding, there are few faithful women perhaps ur mum is one of them just like mine...

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by mechanics(m): 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2020
The hardest part is trying to blend with each other, it's not that always easy.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by pansophist(m): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

A guy I know divorced his wife straight after sh delivered of their first child... He saved for the D- day..but still fell short of 95k cuz there was complication of deliverering that no one expected.....

While he run from pillar to post to his friends seeking a soft loan pending wen he is paid..the wife still held at the hospital sent her younger sis,who stays with them to secretly go to the house go nd to her matrimonial room nd collect the 65k sh kept in her bag b4 d hubby mistakenly sees it

Unfortunately for her the hubby went home nd met his teenage in law with 65k cash....sh TLD him her elder sis instruction....

He was shocked...nd told the gal to go ahead nd deposit d money to d wife's bank as sh was instructed by her. He continued his nuzzle nd two days later he got them out of the hospital paying 126k additional from the first delivery cost...

Sh came back home nd can't look him in the eyes...quarell after quarelk ensued DT led to divorce exactly one month later....

Gals of this days are too stingy nd mny of them take d Character into marriages.....never ever Marry a lady DT will not b supportive..as a guy,u can't solve all them financial problems in marriage...

So sad. Any woman that cant assist her man, is not worthy to be married to him.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by DavidEsq(m): 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
SassyGem101:
Well...I'm not married but I'll say...the hardest part is having to wake up everyday of your life to the same face which tends to become boring. Now no matter the initial butterflies in your belly thing, you'll get bored at some point and the only thing that can keep you going is your commitment to be with them and the fear of God. If you lack this two virtues, there's going to be a big problem especially if you are the type that likes meeting new people.

Another part it gets hard is where the niti gritty of marriage hits you. Like taking care of the responsibiity of the home especially the financial aspect. In fact before you know it, you'll wear out to the point you won't even remember how you guys started. This is not to scare you but its a fact I've seen in many homes that has made me begin to plan my marriage life in a way I won't have to be totally caught up in that hard part. Hmm....let me just stop here.

Please on a more serious note, if you must marry, prepare your mind to face these things otherwise you'll freak out before it even begins. Or stay away from it.
I have seen a lot of marriages and I wonder what happened to the initial " I love yous" and all that. Though still learning.

Dem say, nor be eye wen person take do girlfriend and boyfriend na him dem dey take do marriage ooo.
Now we know who they are. No wonder shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by lucky4west: 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
the hardest part for me is that is having to yield to the other persons point of view...for instance when i want to tidy my wify will like "i'm not in the mood, or i'm ill etc i have to calm down on my urge, for decisions affecting the home i have to consult her...and again the kids disturb a lot and keep my bp up because after traffic i will still come home and shout...men e no easy!

16 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
For me, what is most important is having a good family, although we may have other needs, a good family is first priority, I may sound old school, its difficult when we have a lot of pressure, sometimes financial, sexual, and perhaps attitudinal or way of thinking, Some women have razor tongues, some men are fast to anger.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Sarah20A(f): 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

that woman is not only stingy but she's also wicked.shes was and will still be wicked to herself,her children and people around

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
Lamanii22:
Staying faithful.... I respect my mom on that part... She's so faithful to my dad, truss me some other women would have left since or cheated.. I wanna be like her...

A true queen - your mother.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by lucky4west: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
SassyGem101:
Well...I'm not married but I'll say...the hardest part is having to wake up everyday of your life to the same face which tends to become boring. Now no matter the initial butterflies in your belly thing, you'll get bored at some point and the only thing that can keep you going is your commitment to be with them and the fear of God. If you lack this two virtues, there's going to be a big problem especially if you are the type that likes meeting new people.

Another part it gets hard is where the niti gritty of marriage hits you. Like taking care of the responsibiity of the home especially the financial aspect. In fact before you know it, you'll wear out to the point you won't even remember how you guys started. This is not to scare you but its a fact I've seen in many homes that has made me begin to plan my marriage life in a way I won't have to be totally caught up in that hard part. Hmm....let me just stop here.

Please on a more serious note, if you must marry, prepare your mind to face these things otherwise you'll freak out before it even begins. Or stay away from it.
I have seen a lot of marriages and I wonder what happened to the initial " I love yous" and all that. Though still learning.

Dem say, nor be eye wen person take do girlfriend and boyfriend na him dem dey take do marriage ooo.
.....nice one...i guess that is why i and my wife stay in different rooms...at least she go de look fresh to me in the morning hahahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by pinkhill(f): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
It is easy to say though but sometimes the narratives in our head is different from reality.

I don't want to ever be in that position where i would have to walk away

Nah

Fountainofyouth:

When push comes to shove, the way I'll walk majestically away will shock people, so fret not my dear, don't allow people's experience or narrative scare you, it is very easy.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by RillJ(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Some years down the line you reflect on things and wonder how you could have been so fooled?
How did he/she manage to keep this/that from my knowledge?
How come I never read the sign properly?
You begin to feel and tell yourself that you made a terrible mistake getting into the married
Then you begin to consider the best way out
In some cases son begin to wish that the partner would just drop dead or something

At this phase, the love, sparks, butterflies etc are no more but one of the strong things that can one going is a realization and a determination to make the union what you would wish it to be.

Prolonged love in marriage is more of a function of determination than that of feelings!

12 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by OluwaDamilola01: 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

A true queen - your mother.
[/s]
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
pinkhill:
It is easy to say though but sometimes the narratives in our head is different from reality.

I don't want to ever be in that position where i would have to walk away

Nah

That is why I said when push comes shove but okay.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
I have watched documentaries on primitive tribes in the world and I observed one where the man and the woman always loved their company and were always satisfied with the little they had, the scientist always found them hugging each other, I think was concerning the Jarawa tribe in India

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
SassyGem101:

Are you any better? Is funmisticqueen any better herself? Seeing how you both go about talking recklessly on this forum, you both are no different.

Its obvious the gentle man is already tired and the mere thoughts of marriage with her is giving him the chills cos hes probably seen some red flags that the lady may not have what it takes to keep a man longer in marriage hence the question. And what he needs now is sincere advice and contributions before he makes the mistake of his life.
From what I've read here, that lady is toxic! Jokes apart. Forget the initial niceties. When ladies need something, they act all nice especially if they see their mates getting married and they are being left behind. But once in, they reveal their true self.
I think the guy has started noticing some red flags. Whirlwind love can be extremely deceitful.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by MansoryMX(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
Knacking..... I feel is the hardest part.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by olasaad(f): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
Godsfavour78:
Please God Forbid you will never see financial problems in marriage.

Big Amen to that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Whatsapp Exposes Zimbabwean Man's Affair With Wife’s Much Younger Sister (Pics) / A Beautiful Dwarf With Her Kids And Her Twin Sister (Photos) / What Will Be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Son Doing This.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.