Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage (67236 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / My Wife’s Lover Confessed To Have Been Having Sex With My Wife For 5 Years / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Zither(m): 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
olawumi171:
not dat l dont av someone am talking to, just dat l av no feeling watsoever for him,av tried no feelings at all,

Mehn, you too? Don't you guys think there is a pattern here? You have no desire to let go. That is the problem. Let go and NEVER reconnect. The rest will take care of itself.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Damz360(m): 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
Hmmmm!
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Ethereal0110(f): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
My dear walk away!!!!! This is a toxic relationship.
U will find someone who will not treat u like trash.
It will be hard at first but time will heal u .
Its ok to shed tears. That's if you have any to shed for him.
He is selfish...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by DaddyRochie1642: 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

I wish he will let me be and not try sweet talking me into opening my heart to him again.

You see what am saying , ... I know you are still thinking about that man based on your above statement, .... So you're saying that when he comes back to Sweet Talk you again, .. you will still go back abi? grin
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Jman06(m): 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
Sarang:

No one is damaged because they had sex. Quit that mentality. Are you damaged yourself? Cos I’m sure you have sex
Evidence have shown that ladies tend to get damaged emotionally and even biologically sometimes when they indulge in premarital sex with a guy whom they're emotionally attached to. They hardly let go completely of that guy and even when they get married to another dude, they tend to go back to their ex at any slight signal from the ex. That is why we have many cases of infidelity these days.
That is why marrying a virgin remains the best as chances are higher to have a faithful wife when a guy marries a virgin.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Ethereal0110(f): 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

I wish he will let me be and not try sweet talking me into opening my heart to him again.
pls get key and padlock ur heart... Let him sweet talk u till tomorrow..
stop being vulnerable to him.
U have wings spread it before his eyes and fly away... And don't look back
Block him every where.
Don't check on him again.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Ethereal0110(f): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jman06:
Evidence have shown that ladies tend to get damaged emotionally and even biologically sometimes when they indulge in premarital sex with a guy whom they're emotionally attached to. They hardly let go completely of that guy and even when they get married to another dude, they tend to go back to their ex at any slight signal from the ex. That is why we have many cases of infidelity these days.
That is why marrying a virgin remains the best as chances are higher to have a faithful wife when a guy marries a virgin.
excuse me sa, are u a virgin?.
Marry a virgin after testing u she will explore testing testing one too many men.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Jman06(m): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ethereal0110:
[sup][/sup] excuse me sa, are u a virgin?.
Marry a virgin after testing u she will explore testing testing one too many men.
It's 99% safer to marry a virgin!

Yes, I'm a virgin and I don't deserve to marry a spoilt and overused hoE for a wife. I have put measures in place already to find myself a virgin to marry even if it means marrying an uneducated but cultured village girl. I cannot come and carry another guy's leftover

Let the spoilt marry themselves!

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
Candycrushy:

Lol...i didn't really mean it in that angle..i actually meant that God should help me not stay in a rlship that long with any guy before marriage ...
I cant stay that long myself, its gonna be a boredom..lol

Lol. Very well, then.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

evening newspaper spotted!

where were you @ 16? probably slaying , exploring & rejecting potential suitors. now this is 2020 , you realise that time is no longer your best friend. only a desperate , worthless & low value man will accept your nonsense STATE YOUR TIMELINE RULE.

you make it seem ...

like he's competing against usain bolt in a 100metre race!
maybe he went for a job interview @ aso rock where he has less than 5mins to defend his strong academic profile/cv!

who are you?
dangote daugther?
buhari daugther?
are you as beautiful as bianca?

you're telling us that you're a rare commodity in the market , yeah, many buyers approach you daily , hence the STATING OF TIMELINE... , but you're still dead single , & the worst part is that you're NOT SWEET SIXTEEN.

i hate nonsense , have a blissful weekend ahead.

@16, I was at a National High School Quiz Championship repping my state, with priorities you probably did not and still do not have because the only thing your very small mind comprehends is okpa. Who accepts suitors at 16. Nwokem, are you sure you’re not a a paedophile or an almajiri?

The value I place on myself will not be defined by you, who obviously has nothing commendable going on for him. It’s why you’ll feel affronted by a post that has got nothing to do with you.

Whatever the hell evening newspaper is, I’m certainly not that person. The way I try to bridle my tongue is the way I’m trying so hard to watch what I type. Don’t let me unleash vendetta on you. Hehehhe. So run along, little one. And be a good boy. *Kisses* kiss

1 Like

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by AyaDapo: 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
Dear sister,
I normally just come here to read up and laugh but am compelled to let you know this. Get out of that relationship! I say this because something similar happened to me. I dated this guy, who I thought was wiser as he was older, for 7 years before I had to 'borrow myself brain'
We lived together 5 out of 7 and I did everything a wife would.........for nothing! I should have listened to my sisters but was madly in love. He would pick a fight whenever I try to bring up the topic calling me desperate, while sending pictures of other ladies to his friends...
Sorry but you guys aren't heading in the same direction. stop wasting your precious years and give a chance to someone else.
all da very best!
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by auska2(m): 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Do not considering the years you both spent together , lock your herat against him . PERIOD!
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by auska2(m): 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
auska2:

Do not considering the years you both spent together , lock your heart against him . PERIOD!
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by auska2(m): 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Do not considering the years you both spent together , lock your heart against him . PERIOD!
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Legendguru: 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
You can’t force what is not ready if marriage is your priority then quit and move on i stay away from girls and serious relationships coz I’m not ready most focused men now take their time if age is not on your side quit and look for a men that is ready most would be older
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by draydot: 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
You need to summon courage n let go of the guy but I will tell you directly that the guy will come back when he knows you are ready to leave him for good and try and apologize just to continue to enjoy sex with u not more than that and I can bet it with u that u will never enjoy ur marriage self with him if u go on with him n that's if he eventually marry u n that's wat u will regret for the rest of ur life so take my advice don't marry the man and don't even wait for him to come to his right sense...he doesn't know what he wants at 40 yrs and this age is a fool forever age.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Rhea(f): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:
Hi Famlanders, Please I need your advice. I beg you all to save a sister. I have to bring this here coz I know it's where I will get wonderful contributions. Again, I am using this new account coz I have friends and customers here. I don't want to blow my cover. Please this is real and not fiction. This will be quite lengthy, please bear with me.

I met this guy in 2013 when I was in year one. It was not a steady relationship coz we barely call nor see so I didn't take him serious. And whenever we see, it was always at one friends house or another. I accused him of being married but he vehemently denied it. Later on I figured out he had accommodation issue after he lost his job. He later rented a house when he got another job with one of our prestigious federal universities here in Nigeria and that was when things became serious (kinda).

We became very serious around 2016 that is why I count it as 5 years instead of 7. But then during one of my visits, I was sleeping in the room when I overheard him talking to someone but the only thing that caught my attention was when he said "I don't even have a girlfriend". Though I didn't confront him, but I thought about it deeply.

Two nights ago, I had a dream where he was getting married to another lady. I was crying while he was still saying he loves me but can't marry me. I confronted him yesterday, he said I am pressurizing him to marry me that was after he first asked what will happen if we don't end up together. He hasn't told me where the relationship is leading to after 5 years. We have been living for the moment. Just for the moment!

Few info about the relationship
1) He will be 40 this November while I am 27.
2. He has always had numerous girlfriends that when he's with them, he doesn't pick my calls though he always apologizes and he's trying his best this year.

3. He always send pictures of other women to his friends to let them know they are the people he wish to marry but never has he sent mine. Though he claims he's not doing it again.

4. From the look of things he's still searching while he wants to have me all to himself. Maybe a second option since the others are not accepting him and I love him foolishly.

5. The relationship is 50 -50 .We spend on each other. He believes it's the woman's duty to do all the house chores but not the man's duty to take care of the woman.

6. On his Fathers burial last year, 3 of his girlfriends came (me inclusive) and we all wore the burial uniform. Together, we served his guests even when we realized we are dating same man. His neighbors were giggling and gossiping but we all decided to be matured and work together.

7. When my sister that raised me died, he didn't come for the burial. his reason was he had supervision that day in school,same person that calls his colleague to cover for him during exam supervision so he could do other things. He also didn't send me any money but he questioned me for not giving him any money for his Father's burial. Even when I paid him excess for the burial uniform. I know why I did that. Mind you, he has asked me before if he can give one of his ex 10k during her Father's burial which I agreed and he sent her the money.

8. I have rejected some suitors who were willing to marry me coz of him. Though he has never encouraged me to accept any of them. In fact he gets angry hearing that another man is coming close to me.

9. He doesn't call often, I do more of the calling though he always return my calls. He can stay for days without calling unless I call. I know I have been the one holding the relationship coz I thought he will change.

10. Sine 2017 till last year, all I did was forgive him coz I love him. He keeps bringing new / different ladies into the picture. I have gone through a lot of emotional stress. He keeps asking me to stay that he loves me but he's confused.

His good side: He's understanding, motivates me to do my best, he doesn't hit me, he is gentle.

Me on the other hand is sometimes stubborn though very faithful coz I love him to a fault. I easily get angry but forgives easily. When I'm angry I talk so much but I don't abuse him. He is simply the cause of all my anger. He always say I am very understanding, a good girl, drama free but yet he doesn't want to marry me and won't let me go too. I have never involved a third party in our relationship except my late sister who said she wish I will walk away from the relationship because I love the guy more, that it won't end well. All my friends thinks I have a perfect relationship because I don't discuss him with them.

Back to last night, I told him I won't call him again coz he said I am pressurizing him to marry me. The truth is I have seen the hand writing on the wall, not today but two years ago but I keep going back. Please I need advice on how not to go back again. The love he proclaims for me is not enough for him to marry. I have wasted enough time already. Maybe hearing the raw truth here will help.

You have analyzed the situation correctly. The guy will not marry you. Move on and not in anger. He is not for you. He does not deserve you. Move on!!!!
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by frank317: 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

No one says it must lead to marriage oga. why keep what you don't need? If You really don't see yourself in few years time with someone, why waste their time? did you really read all I wrote? coz if you did, you wouldn't have make this comment.
I have begged him on several occasions to end things with me if he knows we don't have a future together but he refused. Mind you, it's not just a Nigerian thing. you guys are so quick in calling Nigerian girls out.

LOL.. I are begging him to end things with... Who ends a free Bleep?
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Ethereal0110(f): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jman06:
It's 99% safer to marry a virgin!

Yes, I'm a virgin and I don't deserve to marry a spoilt and overused hoE for a wife. I have put measures in place already to find myself a virgin to marry even if it means marrying an uneducated but cultured village girl. I cannot come and carry another guy's leftover

Let the spoilt marry themselves!
ok ooo
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by GraGra247(m): 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
olawumi171:
pls she's no an idiot,is just that d level of love she gave into dis relationship dat makes her going back,,dis is me in such predicament, av vented to him dis morning, he should tell me where he d relationship is heading to,dat l need an ans dis morning but he wont,still calling me his wife,telling me he still love me,no calls,no attention, 2 minutes call,am d one putting so much into d relationship,and dis guy still claim he loves me,l just wish l can block me and never see his face again, am so tired reason y l called him to speak wat has been on my mind,l know l should av blocked him,wen my pastor told me dat a friend of his gave him a lady, but told me he is mine,dis wat is holding back

So people like you and the Op still exist in this 21st century? An age where people eye don open and you can't easily deceive a 12 year old girl. Wonders shall never end!!

Keep listening to pastors that are busy sleeping with girls up and down and collecting offering from poor church members.

One day your eye go clear. Honestly I don't pity full grown ladies that allow themselves to be deceived. Enjoy your delusion.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by mattfeuter(m): 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
ariefadenning:
Na waooo....so someone else would now come and take what another has been choping for over 5 years

Inside life! grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

@16, I was at a National High School Quiz Championship repping my state, with priorities you probably did not and still do not have because the only thing your very small mind comprehends is okpa. Who accepts suitors at 16. Nwokem, are you sure you’re not [/s]a a paedophile or an almajiri[s]?

The value I place on myself will not be defined by you, who obviously has nothing commendable going on for him. It’s why you’ll feel affronted by a post that has got nothing to do with you.

Whatever the hell evening newspaper is, I’m certainly not that person. The way I try to bridle my tongue is the way I’m trying so hard to watch what I type. Don’t let me unleash vendetta on you. Hehehhe. So run along, little one. And be a good boy. *Kisses* kiss

[/b]but when i'm not 16 , what am i going into a relationship without a worthy goal for[b]?

in otherwords you're not young anymore, ab initio you define any relationship with the opposite sex to avoid stories that touch the kidney.

is obvious you captured the SWEET SIXTEEN part verbatim et literatim.

me paedophile?
almajiri?

i guess you're joking!

make i watch dis atléctico madrid vs sevilla match finish. four goals in d first 45mins.

see you on the other side sweetheart!
kiss
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by KunlePrism(m): 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:
Hi Famlanders, Please I need your advice. I beg you all to save a sister. I have to bring this here coz I know it's where I will get wonderful contributions. Again, I am using this new account coz I have friends and customers here. I don't want to blow my cover. Please this is real and not fiction. This will be quite lengthy, please bear with me.

I met this guy in 2013 when I was in year one. It was not a steady relationship coz we barely call nor see so I didn't take him serious. And whenever we see, it was always at one friends house or another. I accused him of being married but he vehemently denied it. Later on I figured out he had accommodation issue after he lost his job. He later rented a house when he got another job with one of our prestigious federal universities here in Nigeria and that was when things became serious (kinda).

We became very serious around 2016 that is why I count it as 5 years instead of 7. But then during one of my visits, I was sleeping in the room when I overheard him talking to someone but the only thing that caught my attention was when he said "I don't even have a girlfriend". Though I didn't confront him, but I thought about it deeply.

Two nights ago, I had a dream where he was getting married to another lady. I was crying while he was still saying he loves me but can't marry me. I confronted him yesterday, he said I am pressurizing him to marry me that was after he first asked what will happen if we don't end up together. He hasn't told me where the relationship is leading to after 5 years. We have been living for the moment. Just for the moment!

2. He has always had numerous girlfriends that when he's with them, he doesn't pick my calls though he always apologizes and he's trying his best this year.

3. He always send pictures of other women to his friends to let them know they are the people he wish to marry but never has he sent mine. Though he claims he's not doing it again.

4. From the look of things he's still searching while he wants to have me all to himself. Maybe a second option since the others are not accepting him and I love him foolishly.

5. The relationship is 50 -50 .We spend on each other. He believes it's the woman's duty to do all the house chores but not the man's duty to take care of the woman.

6. On his Fathers burial last year, 3 of his girlfriends came (me inclusive) and we all wore the burial uniform. Together, we served his guests even when we realized we are dating same man. His neighbors were giggling and gossiping but we all decided to be matured and work together.

7. When my sister that raised me died, he didn't come for the burial. his reason was he had supervision that day in school,same person that calls his colleague to cover for him during exam supervision so he could do other things. He also didn't send me any money but he questioned me for not giving him any money for his Father's burial. Even when I paid him excess for the burial uniform. I know why I did that. Mind you, he has asked me before if he can give one of his ex 10k during her Father's burial which I agreed and he sent her the money.

8. I have rejected some suitors who were willing to marry me coz of him. Though he has never encouraged me to accept any of them. In fact he gets angry hearing that another man is coming close to me.

9. He doesn't call often, I do more of the calling though he always return my calls. He can stay for days without calling unless I call. I know I have been the one holding the relationship coz I thought he will change.

10. Sine 2017 till last year, all I did was forgive him coz I love him. He keeps bringing new / different ladies into the picture. I have gone through a lot of emotional stress. He keeps asking me to stay that he loves me but he's confused.

His good side: He's understanding, motivates me to do my best, he doesn't hit me, he is gentle.

Me on the other hand is sometimes stubborn though very faithful coz I love him to a fault. I easily get angry but forgives easily. When I'm angry I talk so much but I don't abuse him. He is simply the cause of all my anger. He always say I am very understanding, a good girl, drama free but yet he doesn't want to marry me and won't let me go too. I have never involved a third party in our relationship except my late sister who said she wish I will walk away from the relationship because I love the guy more, that it won't end well. All my friends thinks I have a perfect relationship because I don't discuss him with them.

Back to last night, I told him I won't call him again coz he said I am pressurizing him to marry me. The truth is I have seen the hand writing on the wall, not today but two years ago but I keep going back. Please I need advice on how not to go back again. The love he proclaims for me is not enough for him to marry. I have wasted enough time already. Maybe hearing the raw truth here will help.
The fist advice I will give you is to park out of his house. You are not married to him; why should you be living with a man you are not married to?
Second, have a serious discussion with him about where the relationship is heading to. If you're not convinced with what you're being fed, my sister, RUN!!
Third, be open to proposal from eligible men. Forget the years already wasted. Good luck!!
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by lawani: 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
If he is not ready to commit to marriage this year you should leave him.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Fejimummy: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
my sister you are single as in your a boo less
five years is a whole lot of time... I have been in your shoes before and I know how much it hurts so I would advise that you walk away while you can cos forever is a long time to spend with a wrong person
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
Has he ate you
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
Get a new number and inform those who need to be informed.

Throw that old sim away.

Block him on all social media handles.

Say 10times a day, i won't go back to this vomit called.........

Delete all physical momentoes of him.

The guy doesn't like you , disrespects you and is not spending on you.

You are better off him.

And pray to God for help not to go back to him.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by invectives(m): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Question 1. Sister are You UGLY? like very,very Amoebic UGLY? if no den this Nigga is Using You....FFF......(Fucking For Free)...are you an FFF? u don't sound like one.

Nigga is taking your Money and giving to his Girl friends....una even wear uniform for him papa Burial wey u Finance yourself and some of his Chicabonita oo....Chaiii are you an FFF? U don't sound like one..

Your late sister ,(God rest her soul) gave you advice and you didn't heed....Hmmmm becos of this Modafucker prolly DAT d reason she died,who knows,l?

See Dump This guy ASAP even if he comes begging which I doubt he would, torture him well....blank him or best LEAVE His sorry Ass......DAT guy don punish you too much...

Good luck
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by henrybirthright(m): 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
You better stop wasting your time. If he can't marry you after 5 good years of dating...you are not good enough for him. Simple! Forget other details.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by invectives(m): 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
@ineedtoheal

Question 1. Sister are You UGLY? like very,very Amoebic UGLY? if no den this Nigga is Using You....FFF......(Fucking For Free)...are you an FFF? u don't sound like one.

Nigga is taking your Money and giving to his Girl friends....una even wear uniform for him papa Burial wey u Finance yourself and some of his Chicabonita oo....Chaiii are you an FFF? U don't sound like one..

Your late sister ,(God rest her soul) gave you advice and you didn't heed....Hmmmm becos of this Modafucker prolly DAT d reason she died,who knows,l?

See Dump This guy ASAP even if he comes begging which I doubt he would, torture him well....blank him or best LEAVE His sorry Ass......DAT guy don punish you too much...

Good luck
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Halimat04(f): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Love catch fire

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

How Can I Control My Sex Craving Toward My Wife / Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / "I Slept With 18 Men In 30 Days" - Delta Wife Confesses At Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.