Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? (54802 Views)

Married Life Versus Baby Daddy Life, Which Is Likely To Prolong A Man's Life? / 40 Hilarious Memes That Perfectly Sum Up Married Life / Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by oyejideogunjumo: 12:01am On Jun 14, 2020
MARRIED LIFE FAR BETTER.JUST PRAY TO GET THE RIGHT PARTNER.AT A POINT IN LIFE YOU NEED A COMPANON ESPECIALLY AT RETIREMENT OR OLD AGE.ASIDE YOU NEED CHILDREN FOR CONTINUITY.YOU ALSO NEED THEM AT OLD AGE

1 Like

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Olaitanvickkie(f): 12:01am On Jun 14, 2020
This could be true because most married couples miss it through lack of trust, understanding, love, family, communication. Let's stay focus. Fake life is worst you know....
Thanks
www.victoriaolafisoyeolaitan.com
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Liposure: 12:08am On Jun 14, 2020
Marriage n single life are like two sides of a coin. One is work the other is freedomd. Open your eye

2 Likes

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Liposure: 12:18am On Jun 14, 2020
Eulalia:
It depends on whom you're married to. If you marry your friend, I think marriage will be fun than single hood. But if you marry a sadist, hmm... You would wish to be single again. So

Marry your friend.
thank you ma

2 Likes

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by geementontop(m): 12:18am On Jun 14, 2020
It's ok
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by EgunMogaji2: 12:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Liposure:
u cant eat ur cake n hav it

Many are doing just that successfully.
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Eileene(f): 12:34am On Jun 14, 2020
if u value freedom single life is more enjoyable

But if u value companionship then married life will be more enjoyable if and only if u marry ur friend.

2 Likes

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by ROLEX2020: 12:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by judedwriter(m): 12:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Joycekkh:
I think marriage is more enjoyable when you marry the right person.

Exactly! But how do people marry the right person if they are always in a hurry?
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by uthlaw: 1:06am On Jun 14, 2020
JohnieWalker12:
He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains Favour from the Lord cool

can you explain the good thing!
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Ndipe(m): 1:10am On Jun 14, 2020
Married life is more enjoyable only if you are with the right spouse.

1 Like

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by bilulu(m): 1:13am On Jun 14, 2020
Many have died or committed suicide out of depression arising from loneliness. Not until you see a single guy/lady to tell you the truth you won't know what they re going through....

1 Like

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by bilulu(m): 1:15am On Jun 14, 2020
In my honest opinion, being single is more enjoyable except that you'll miss the sex part (for those of us that are born again) but talk about freedom and the will to do what you want and when you want it, single life is bae unlike when you're married that you must do certain things whether convenient or not.

Now one aspect marriage life can freak you out is home front where you have to manage and keep it and also have to combine it with your job.
I do visit some of my married friends and sometimes don't admire them cos we may get back from work same thread time, and right from the road while I'm relaxed and not hurrying to anything, she's rushing to pick the kids from school, stopping at the market to buy a few stuffs to make evening meals. She get home, attend to the kids then races to the kitchen to prepare meals by what time I would have rested and prolly taken something light for the day. And I begin to wonder, is this what I'm going to be someday? Mannn its not enjoyable at all.

That is just one aspect of it. Talking about emotional aspect where you have to deal with spouses short comings and all that. Its a whole lot.
Families and others.
Marriage is over hyped especially in Nigeria where you believed to lose yourself just so you can be seen as submissive.

Let me still enjoy my single life while it last biko.
You are sounding like an evening newspaper who's chances re very slim and is on the verge of discouraging other young ladies.

1 Like

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by SaintPatrick24(m): 1:19am On Jun 14, 2020
[color=#770077][/color] cool
kyuniii:
Both
Liposure:
that not enough excuse. I tink d problem is u tink 2 much
kyuniii:
Both
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 14, 2020
judedwriter:

Exactly! But how do people marry the right person if they are always in a hurry?
That's between them and their God.
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by StubbornGENIUS: 1:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Joycekkh:
That's between them and their God.
Is God responsible for finding a wrong partner?
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Liposure:
thank you ma
smiley
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by skinnyzsam(m): 2:06am On Jun 14, 2020
Am scared of both, wish I never had a heart I would have just remained single without a commitment.....
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by X0012(m): 2:21am On Jun 14, 2020
So what's your point huh?
undecided

id4sho:
Black Mamba & Black Widow in human skin.

Using each other is the order of the day, cunny vessels upandan.
One less problem with out you.
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Asour: 2:30am On Jun 14, 2020
oyejideogunjumo:
MARRIED LIFE FAR BETTER.JUST PRAY TO GET THE RIGHT PARTNER.AT A POINT IN LIFE YOU NEED A COMPANON ESPECIALLY AT RETIREMENT OR OLD AGE.ASIDE YOU NEED CHILDREN FOR CONTINUITY.YOU ALSO NEED THEM AT OLD AGE

While right, Your points assumes that nothing happens to your partner at "Old age" and that your Children are forthcoming in assisting you (morally & financially) then too (a phenomenon that's gradually disappearing).

To be fair though, with Money, All the challenges you've raised can be eased.

3 Likes

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by jaxxy(m): 2:43am On Jun 14, 2020
stevmatt15:
Nobody has ever died of being single, but many, I mean countless of many has died for marrying a wrong woman and the death rate is still increasing.

What now is the solution? Is being single more enjoyable than married life?

People shud always remember this. It is 100times better to be single than marry the wrong person. Also it’s 100times better marrying the right person than being single. The key is to marry correctly I guess.

Not everyone u love or fall inlove with is the right person. U can love sm1 and they might not be the best for u because ur love was based on the wrong judgement or a one sided one. U can date almost anyone bt can’t marry just anyone. U have to consider many factors. Genuine factors not selfish ones I need to state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Popsiesamuel: 2:54am On Jun 14, 2020
It's alright cool
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by dasparrow: 2:54am On Jun 14, 2020
It depends on the individual. Some people do better in a partnership such as marriage while others do better going life solo. An elderly gentleman once told me that there are pros and cons being married and there are pros and cons of being single. So figure out what you think is best for you.

2 Likes

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by dasparrow: 3:29am On Jun 14, 2020
says who? Several men/women have been killed by their (ex)lovers. The percentage is even higher that those murdered by their spouse. i agree that many have died for that reason but you're exaggerating. Single folks get killed as well.

solution to what? The best is isolating yourself. Why? Cause people are quack.
to be honest, yes. Being single is freedom. To do as you like, not bother yourself with the many worries of marriage and having a partner, you can afford to be self_centered and dedicate you life to fvck anything that moves.
But married life is maturity. After the bliss of youth, you settle that with that special someone to make memories that actually count.
I respect the vows.

I agree with most of this write-up except for the bolded in your last paragraph. Being married is no yard stick to measure maturity.

There are many married men and even women out there who are not mature, who are not responsible, who are not providers, who are married yet live apart from their spouses and are cheating on them. There is a reason why so many marriages, especially Nigerian marriages have folded up or are plagued by domestic violence and infidelity amongst others.

Likewise, I have seen single men and women who are responsible. They are taking care of their elderly parents, they are raising the children or child of extended family members who can't afford to raise the children they bore. You have single adults giving back to the community or to the society at large.

Oprah Winfrey for example is not married yet she built a school for orphaned girls in South Africa. She has granted numerous scholarships to her fellow black Americans to attend college/university. She owns several successful businesses. So because she does not have a "Mrs" title before her name and no children, you want to tell me Oprah is not mature?

So is it Nigerian married men and women who mostly raise kids who grow up to be internet fraudsters, kidnappers, cultists, organ harvesters, drug traffickers, runz girls, corrupt politicians, rapists and pedophiles that are mature?

Let's start telling ourselves the truth. Exchanging marital vows, vows which by the way most Nigerian married folks don't honor anyway, and giving birth to children who grow up to be criminally minded like Hushpuppi does not a mature person make.

There is a reason why despite all the marrying that Nigerians do, Nigerians still don't have a good reputation as a people and many folks from around the world sadly don't trust Nigerians. Ponder on that.

5 Likes

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by miniziter(m): 3:57am On Jun 14, 2020
In my honest opinion, being single is more enjoyable except that you'll miss the sex part (for those of us that are born again) but talk about freedom and the will to do what you want and when you want it, single life is bae unlike when you're married that you must do certain things whether convenient or not.

Now one aspect marriage life can freak you out is home front where you have to manage and keep it and also have to combine it with your job.
I do visit some of my married friends and sometimes don't admire them cos we may get back from work same thread time, and right from the road while I'm relaxed and not hurrying to anything, she's rushing to pick the kids from school, stopping at the market to buy a few stuffs to make evening meals. She get home, attend to the kids then races to the kitchen to prepare meals by what time I would have rested and prolly taken something light for the day. And I begin to wonder, is this what I'm going to be someday? Mannn its not enjoyable at all.

That is just one aspect of it. Talking about emotional aspect where you have to deal with spouses short comings and all that. Its a whole lot.
Families and others.
Marriage is over hyped especially in Nigeria where you believed to lose yourself just so you can be seen as submissive.

Let me still enjoy my single life while it last biko.

You wan give birth at late 30s abi?
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Grandlord: 4:01am On Jun 14, 2020
vivalavida:
Single life is bae ooo

But having babe over the weekend for one month consecutively has shown me the other side of life. Sometimes u come home and an empty house is quite discouraging. No one to talk to. All chores are done by me. Sometimes I run back to the family house on weekends. But having my babe over has been exhilarating. Someone to gist with, laugh with. Someone who helps you out in the kitchen. My fridge is stocked up with food prepared by her. The nights are more pleasurable. The cuddling and everything is on point.
It's actually making me think of marriage right now sef.
Lol

@czarchris, come and state your own opinion
For people like me, coming back to that empty, quiet house after having a long day dealing with people, is nothing but a huge relief cool Gives me the chance to recharge and get back myself because people are stressful cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 14, 2020
angelEmade:

he is angry.
He did not even attempt my test.
He will come back to say he is not angry.
You think i would be giving you attention if i dont like you?
My number...u want it right...to be in my life. U will have to be a patient man with lots of endurance...
If only you knew...that one of your gmail photos was my background for two days...till my cousin changed it again
mabinu dear but o kin ni suuru o de ti ma n binnu easily ju

Emade, binu for what? I just said OK.
Ama man, u don't expect me to talk talk on a public forum..
So I rather say okay and make my move discreetly.. sorry I am nt a fan of publicizing my moves, yoruba says, "nkan ti a ba bo lo MA niyi".

Don't forget dt U gave me 3 days na.. Infact I have ur answers on my notepad app but I don't know if it's 80% correct....

So ma'am, pls chill... 3 days never finish grin.

Saying OK doesn't translate to anger, jorr MA shi MI gbo

1 Like

Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 14, 2020
angelEmade:

Why saying all on a public forum, you know we could have communicated via mail... Things like this, I always prefer it just like Gold n Simi, apart from being one of my favorites Celebrities, we share the same ideology of life together..

We love things been secret but not too secret... We don't really boast or want too much publicity. I hope u understand MI Sha, I will be glad if u do
Re: Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? by Chicastle: 4:29am On Jun 14, 2020
stevmatt15:

Then you are a BAT

You mean he is USU?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.