Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) (59649 Views)

Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON / Arsenal Reach Agreement With Real Madrid To Sign Martin Odegaard On Loan / Martin Edwards Ronaldo More Selfish Than Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Chirowman(m): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2020
this is so pathetic, may his soul rest in peace. Nigerian football league organizers need to put up all the neccessary first aid and ambulance ready in case of any casulity.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by InvertedHammer: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Mraphel:
Can't the first aiders apply CPR and oxygen to resuscitate him? shocked
/
That's rocket science. Everyone is more interested in learning how to put billions in his/her account while neglecting the basic things that make life worth living.

All the sports people in the field and none of them knows squat about CPR even though they are first responders.

\

4 Likes

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 9:59am On Mar 09, 2020
shocked

Everything is in shambles in this country worse off under this regime.

A stadium can't boast of a working ambulance, no surprises when the country herself is not working.

Had it been the ambulance managed to start, you will hear another story that the gadgets used for resuscitation were not working or no petrol for generator or no doctor or nurse was on duty or they were short of gas, razor, scissor etc...

Nigeria is a mess

There was never a country

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Jabioro: 9:59am On Mar 09, 2020
The football and the medic team management killed him though death is evitable but the handling before his death was so poor..

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by anonimi: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2020
abiolert:
Nigeria my country, no first aid, no ambulance nothing works.

Hailing our looters works.
That is enough for us. Or what else do you want

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Joiedevivre: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2020
What would it take the federal govenment to deploy medics to these matches. A simple cpr might have saved his life.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Nwaonyishi69: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2020
I wonder why a country must be one just to waste human lives and values.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Brunicekid(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2020
abiolert:
Nigeria my country, no first aid, no ambulance nothing works.
VERY UNFORTUNATE!!!

I watched the video, and felt extremely saddened.

Indications from people on what happened, showed that lack of a good responsive ambulance (first aid) system on the stadium was a contributing factor to this tragic incident.

God HELP US in Nigeria in Jesus Name!!!!!
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Kizzygentle: 10:01am On Mar 09, 2020
It's a spiritual attack. The spirit of death didn't allow d ambulance to start. Africans. Rip
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Jarus(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2020
The sight of the other players crying was touching. Got me in tears too

5 Likes

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Sijo01(f): 10:02am On Mar 09, 2020
Mraphel:

Do they even know what that means. undecided

RIP to the young talent.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by supercase1(m): 10:02am On Mar 09, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr

This shit also happens in developed nations
Mr damnn niggarrr shey u wan turn to nairaland celebrity
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Joiedevivre: 10:02am On Mar 09, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr

This shit also happens in developed nations
Hey bro please how much did you get your Macbook pro? And also why do you start every of your posts with "damnnnn niggarrr"?
Modified
Thought you were a real niggar. Real niggars don't keep mentions on hold!
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Mckandre(m): 10:03am On Mar 09, 2020
Davash222:

Na only ROBB and paracetamol dey inside the first aid box and ambulance.. Still doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by DSoj(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2020
"the ambulance for emergency medical service at the stadium failed to start when the player collapsed leading to him dying in the stadium."

And there was no other vehicles at the entire stadium?
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by guy222: 10:04am On Mar 09, 2020
Davash222:

Na only ROBB and paracetamol dey inside the first aid box and ambulance.. Still doesn't matter.

who tell u say they get robb self? Na send they go send somebody go buy the robb and paracemol sharp sharp, they only thing wey them get na iceblog
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Jarus(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2020
Mraphel:

All these things are better said than done.

Even in advanced countries with expert medics, players collapse and die on the field

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Unfortunate(m): 10:06am On Mar 09, 2020
Brunicekid:
VERY UNFORTUNATE!!!

I watched the video, and felt extremely saddened.

Indications from people on what happened, showed that lack of a good responsive ambulance (first aid) system on the stadium was a contributing factor to this tragic incident.

God HELP US in Nigeria in Jesus Name!!!!!
Very Brunicekid!
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Jaspero94(m): 10:07am On Mar 09, 2020
What a country. Paramedics don't know the basic of life saving. 30 compression to the chest and 2 breath of life. If the paramedics could not have done this then what are they there for?. This is the basic training for paramedic anywhere in the world I guess Nigeria's case is different. What a country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Jman06(m): 10:07am On Mar 09, 2020
We train physiotherapists in this country but to employ and put them to use is a problem. I'm sure that our local football clubs don't have physiotherapists working for them. In situations like this, expert services are needed not pouring water on him by people who know nothing about his condition

Yeye country cursed with brainless leaders!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by autonomous22: 10:08am On Mar 09, 2020
I heard while d Wia trying to rush him to the hospital, the Ambulance could not start.. They had to push it doe some minutes before it started... By then it was too late..... Shit hole country

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by frowland(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2020
SirDanny7:
Just Tell Me how will investors come and invest in our league after hearing the bad news coming from our league

from security issues to lack of maintenance culture , are we really serious in this country at all !!

Yes oO! Only in Nigeria does a footballer slump and die. Oh wait.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Coldie(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2020
Nigeria is too back ward.

Imagine a player developed a medical problem no medical personnel's, they couldn't even get a stretcher or an ambulance, they just carried him into a bus... Pathetic
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2020
Davash222:

In other report, when they rushed him inside a waiting ambulance the sh**t could't start. That is 9ja
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 09, 2020
SirDanny7:
Just Tell Me how will investors come and invest in our league after hearing the bad news coming from our league

from security issues to lack of maintenance culture , are we really serious in this country at all !!

Cow investors from Mali and Niger are coming. Some are here already
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Aiyk2333: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2020
FuckThaMod:
This country sef.. I'm tired cry
Does these our wack clubs have good medicals to test if these players are fit? Imagine, the wack ambulance that was available even failed to start.. Everything fails in this country. I hate Nigerians
all you guys do is come here and make noise.. can u pay a salary for two people for two months!!? no u can't it's only noise.. how many sponsors do these clubs have and u think it's easy to maintain and pay players and staffs plus logistics, if you don't know anything u shut up. send ur condolences to the death and leave Nigeria out of these
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Mac2016(m): 10:17am On Mar 09, 2020
I doubt if the right First Aid procedure was followed... It's a sad event
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by AreaFada2: 10:18am On Mar 09, 2020
Mraphel:
First kini?
Didn't you see how they were opening the mouth?
Does that suggest they were ever properly taught first aid?

While the club medic of a professional team won't have a defibrillator and other life support & and resuscitation gear at hand in 2020 is beyond me.
In a serious country an helicopter should have easily on the pitch to airlift him to hospital.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Pedex86(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2020
System failure! When you’re a product of a failed system it takes the grace of God and determination to succeed. It could be any of us. I pray he finds peace. My sincere condolences to his family.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by enny262(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2020
Is this how resuscitation is done in our league? God have mercy on all our league players.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:25am On Mar 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

First kini?
Didn't you see how they were opening the mouth?
Does that suggest they were ever properly thought first aid?

While the club medic of a professional team won't have a defibrillator and other life support & and resuscitation gear at hand in 2020 is beyond.
In a serious country an helicopter should have easily on the pitch to airlift him to hospital.
1.They were forcefully prying his mouth open further putting strain and stress on the body..they couldn't even administer CPR properly...
2. They further crowded him cutting of air from reaching his oxygen starved body....ignorance and incompetence has killed more people in Nigeria than hunger and boko Haram.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 09, 2020
enny262:
Is this how resuscitation is done in our league? God have mercy on all our league players.
9jayes:
See many doctors surrounding him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) / Chichi Igbo Exposes Man Who Sent Her Semi-nude Pic, Says "Ladies, Hold Your Men" / Inside Creepy Ancient Mayan Sport Where Dead People Were Turned Into Balls (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.