Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) (59651 Views)

Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON / Arsenal Reach Agreement With Real Madrid To Sign Martin Odegaard On Loan / Martin Edwards Ronaldo More Selfish Than Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by atheistandproud(m): 10:31am On Mar 09, 2020
Valar morghulis

Op abeg indicate that the video should have viewers discretion na. You want make I dey cry this morning. Why na? See big men dey cry for grass refusing to be consoled. If that video no touch your liver then you're not a human being.

And why is that Muslim saying a prayer for the dead on the deceased whilst he was still alive? Make them go investigate am oh.

Nigeria why?

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Salvador1: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2020
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by showafrica(m): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2020
Mraphel:
Can't the first aiders apply CPR and oxygen to resuscitate him? shocked

They no get am.. The highest thing you will see there is plaster and bandage.

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by nevilbot: 10:35am On Mar 09, 2020
We lack Basic ist aid skills in Nigeria. People who tried to help him contributed to his death by crowding round him and suffocating him with heat. The way they crowded round him will make it difficult for him to get enough air. Plus d guy with d hand on his chest should have been pumping his heart while giving mouth to mouth to make sure his airways were opened while trying to resuscitate his heart. That's basic CPR before the ambulance arrives.

Now I understand why other advanced countries make it compulsory to take a ist aid course before you can be issued a drivers licence. We really have a long way to go in Nigeria
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:37am On Mar 09, 2020
someone isnt confirmed dead and one idiot was already shouting ina lillah wa ina ileih rajiun...

NAWA
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Gabflex: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2020
As a footballer its sad to see such happening in the league.
no qualified medical team with equipments, no league, that should be the law, i believe its what they have but greed have taken over.

RIP
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Jaapu: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2020
anonymous1759:

Abegi stop that Nonsense talk players also die in Europe death is inevitable.

You dey mind this confused mumus.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by apiski(m): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2020
maynation:
There is something wrong with Nigeria.
I'm shocked. So na now you dey know. OMG
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Jaapu: 10:41am On Mar 09, 2020
HazzanTazzan:
someone isnt confirmed dead and one idiot was already shouting ina lillah wa ina ileih rajiun...

NAWA

Mumu. What is the meaning of those words.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:42am On Mar 09, 2020
Welcome to the zoo....just look at the medical team
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2020
NIGERIA-ANTI SECOND CHANCE

MY GOD STRICK ME DEAD ANY DAY I EVER SAID am a proud Nigerian AGAIN
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by stabilizer: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2020
May his soul rest in perfect peace. There is problem everywhere. You rich or not, there will always be a problem in as much you breath. Im not sure if there is gonna be problems after death but it is inevitable to the living. But nobody wan die while everyone complains of problem every now and then.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by AreaFada2: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

1.They were forcefully prying his mouth open further putting strain and stress on the body..they couldn't even administer CPR properly...
2. They further crowded him cutting of air from reaching his oxygen starved body....ignorance and incompetence has killed more people in Nigeria than hunger and boko Haram.
Look, they didn't know what they were doing.
My only surprise is that there weren't more people taking pictures and recording videos of the scene.
That's what they are good at.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by worldclass68(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2020
Nigerian football and sports in general nah nonsense......

No medical tests carried out when signing a player, no medical facilities in cases just like this...
Imagine someone with heart problem or lung problem ( COPD) playing football or basketball etc.... that's like bakery inside gas station.

RIP to the dead,

but it shouldn't have been...I hate it when someone dead and people say it's fated to be so.... absolutely not, it's just ignorance and so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by NaMe4: 10:57am On Mar 09, 2020
Most times, it's as a result of cardiac (heart) arrest.

Routine medical check-up should be compulsory for athletes (although everyone is supposed to have such check-ups done every 6 months or at least yearly).
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
Jaapu:

Mumu. What is the meaning of those words.

U be idiot... goan ask your ancestors
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by toprealman: 11:09am On Mar 09, 2020
Mraphel:
This is really an eye opener.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Flakosixfive(m): 11:11am On Mar 09, 2020
The sight of his teammates crying broke my heart. No one deserves to die like this especially in this hell hole that is Nigeria. Boys wey nothing catch, just say make dem hustle play football say one day luck go smile on them...e d painful. May his soul rest in peace.
Having said this, you would think the NPFL would put things in place to prevent such sad occurrences from reoccurring. But trust me when I say in the typical laissez faire attitude that characterizes everything Nigerian, nothing will happen and we may just lose another sportsman to the same fate in the near future.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Yahami(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2020
it's wrong for this croud to surround the victim, there present does harm than good. No cross ventilation, no body ready to give mouth to mouth oxygen that's what he need mostly. but when the time of death comes a lot of medic professional will forget their 4 step life saving.
RIP chime
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 09, 2020
anonymous1759:

Abegi stop that Nonsense talk players also die in Europe death is inevitable.
Yes, but in Europe they would have done everything to keep him alive. from first aiding, mouth to mouth, oxygen mask, to lifting him by air ambulance, not only that there are always atleast 2 doctors available incase. i have worked at different stadiums and football grounds so i know!

So it's not nonsense talk.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2020
Jaapu:

You dey mind this confused mumus.
it's not confused anything, players rarely die on European pitch without doctors at the stadium trying everything to save him.

In this case these people were just running around and not doing much.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Oxb90: 11:23am On Mar 09, 2020
My question is hasn't this guy been exercising? Nobody knows his time. It could be when dancing, eating, reading etc, someone will advise to always exercise to avoid heart related death but in the case of this footballer his is different.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 09, 2020
His life could have been saved. if they had the right equip.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by golddare: 11:51am On Mar 09, 2020
TMSMedia:
Nasarawa United player, Chieme Martin slumped and died during an NPFL game against Katsina United in Lafia on Sunday.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcHVgk4CRuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS3p1FZgLkY

According to IgbereTV reports, the ambulance for emergency medical service at the stadium failed to start when the player collapsed leading to him dying in the stadium.

http://igberetvnews.com/1343171/tragedy-nigerian-footballer-slumps-die-photos-video/

This is why you shouldn't en y footballers, those guys and ladies are doing one of the dangerous jobs in the name of game. Do you know what it means to run for 90mins? Sometimes your heart is literally in your mouth. To worsen the problems in our country they are paid peanuts, no good medicals and food. Those who managed to cross will tell you how your health comes first in any foreign clubs, my coach forced me to play despite my illness back in the days.
Nigerian footballers God will help your hustling in Jesus name and please dont die for any club, what will be will be by God's mercy and grace.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by mikkyangel3: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2020
Mraphel:

I saw someone hitting the sole of the feet of the young man. Nigeria indeed shares the same zipcode with hell
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by Jaapu: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

U be idiot... goan ask your ancestors

Stupid fool claiming woke. Nah your ancestors cause this your public display of Mumuism nah.
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by iguita: 12:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
Couldnt finish the video men. If I were on that field, I for don run komot. May his soul rest in peace.
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr

This shit also happens in developed nations

Phil o Donnell

Miklos feher
Patrick
Morisini

If you watch those clips ehnnn
As far as say you love football
Then no matter how hard you be you must cry
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by somyakaur38: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
No single medical or first aid professional there, even basic first aid nobody there knows and it’s a sports facility. 10/15 people screaming pour him water and many nonsense I’m hearing there. undecided
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by openmine(m): 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Not surprised that we don't have any proper emergency for npl players....
Most of our leaders and organisers are simply reactive rather than proactive esp when it comes to the health of someone!

If you really want to know human lives are treated here in Nigeria,go to a Morgue and you will weep for our nonchalant attitude towards human lives!

Why would a dangote or any interested soccer investor put money into a league where their leaders don't even know the basic requirements to run a league?

....and you will expect a naija player to give his best on a rugged pitch under this hot and unbearable sun....smh
Re: The Moment Chieme Martin Slumped And Died During NPFL Game (Photos, Video) by HazzanTazzan(m): 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
Jaapu:

Stupid fool claiming woke. Nah your ancestors cause this your public display of Mumuism nah.

Omo ode... just keep jumping upandan for familiarity till they cut off those your tiny legs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) / Chichi Igbo Exposes Man Who Sent Her Semi-nude Pic, Says "Ladies, Hold Your Men" / Inside Creepy Ancient Mayan Sport Where Dead People Were Turned Into Balls (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.