Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? (62968 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by mrfm1: 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
Dynamic33:
I met my baby daddy three years ago. We met on my 21st birthday. I went out to the nightclub to celebrate my birthday and I met this handsome 32 years old. He couldn’t stop staring at me until he approached me and introduced himself and we exchanged numbers.

He called me the next day, we chatted for about an hour and he told me he was married. He has two kids but they now are separated. In the process of divorce but they are still living together, separate bedrooms while he is waiting for the house he is building to finish so he can move out.

I was jealous and angry at him. I told him he is lying to me, they are still together and still fucking he just want to use me then dump me but he promised me that there was nothing between him and the wife, and that they had stop having sex when she was pregnant with the second baby and the baby was now 8 months and he has proof that there was nothing between them.

We were meeting at my place and staying together until 2-3am. Sometimes he doesn’t go back until the next day and on those days that we don’t meet, we chatted on the phone until late 1-2am while he was still in the house so I was happy that there’s nothing between them.

He brought the children to me, I fell so much in love with them and will be spending the day with them and it felt great to bond with them.

Then later I got pregnant, he told me to abort it because they are in the process of divorce. If the court finds out he impregnated someone somewhere else everything will go against him. I told him not to worry I will keep it as a secret until he sorts out the divorce but he insisted that I should abort. I didn’t like it. We had a misunderstanding. In anger I hit him with my heels shoes and injured him on the forehead. He was bleeding but he didn’t fight me back. He just left and I was very sorry. I kept begging him, asking for forgiveness, he kept ignoring me and for three months we didn’t contact each other because he was still mad at me.

Then few months later, he called and asked to meet me and I begged him for forgiveness for everything I did to him and I accepted to abort the pregnancy. I was already 5 months gone and two days before the abortion he came to my house and told me that while we’re on the break, he was stressed and started drinking and mistakenly had sex with his wife and she is also pregnant. He said that she lured him to have sex to stop the divorce process but he do not care about it. He will go ahead with the divorce because he still loves me and wants to be with me and he pleaded with me to do the abortion for him so he could win the divorce and custody of his children. I was very angry that I threw a plastic chair on him and asked him to leave my house and to never come back that it was over between us. I deleted and blocked his numbers and removed all his pictures on my phone. He was begging my friends to tell me to forgive him but I rejected him and I now have my beautiful daughter, my joy, my everything.

But the only problem I have, my parents sent me abroad to study, I dropped out three years ago and they don’t know I'm not longer in school and that I now have a child because they keep sending me money every month thinking I’m still in school. When I’m not so on December I did traveled back home to my parents and I left my daughter with a friend for 2 whole weeks. I couldn’t sleep or eat and my parents said Now that I’m in my final year after finishing it, they want me to come back home for good by July and where will I leave my child ? I don’t know how to tell my parents about my child? And also that I left school three years ago my dad is very strict and am scared.

Please I’m very sorry for the long post and advice me on how to tell them please?
Omo daada grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hi.
All is not lost.
You can struggle to get an admission, get menial job to fund ur studies at the sametime enroll ur daughter into kindergarten and tell yr parents u had an issue wic will affect ur graduation.
Believe u me there is always a way out.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by OgbeniSir(m): 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hmmmm, plenty things wrong with this post! 'In the abroad'? 'Building a house'.. unless it's one African country, who builds a house in the western world?when they buy mortgage already built houses.

Dynamic33:
I met my baby daddy three years ago. We met on my 21st birthday. I went out to the nightclub to celebrate my birthday and I met this handsome 32 years old. He couldn’t stop staring at me until he approached me and introduced himself and we exchanged numbers.

He called me the next day, we chatted for about an hour and he told me he was married. He has two kids but they now are separated. In the process of divorce but they are still living together, separate bedrooms while he is waiting for the house he is building to finish so he can move out.

I was jealous and angry at him. I told him he is lying to me, they are still together and still fucking he just want to use me then dump me but he promised me that there was nothing between him and the wife, and that they had stop having sex when she was pregnant with the second baby and the baby was now 8 months and he has proof that there was nothing between them.

We were meeting at my place and staying together until 2-3am. Sometimes he doesn’t go back until the next day and on those days that we don’t meet, we chatted on the phone until late 1-2am while he was still in the house so I was happy that there’s nothing between them.

He brought the children to me, I fell so much in love with them and will be spending the day with them and it felt great to bond with them.

Then later I got pregnant, he told me to abort it because they are in the process of divorce. If the court finds out he impregnated someone somewhere else everything will go against him. I told him not to worry I will keep it as a secret until he sorts out the divorce but he insisted that I should abort. I didn’t like it. We had a misunderstanding. In anger I hit him with my heels shoes and injured him on the forehead. He was bleeding but he didn’t fight me back. He just left and I was very sorry. I kept begging him, asking for forgiveness, he kept ignoring me and for three months we didn’t contact each other because he was still mad at me.

Then few months later, he called and asked to meet me and I begged him for forgiveness for everything I did to him and I accepted to abort the pregnancy. I was already 5 months gone and two days before the abortion he came to my house and told me that while we’re on the break, he was stressed and started drinking and mistakenly had sex with his wife and she is also pregnant. He said that she lured him to have sex to stop the divorce process but he do not care about it. He will go ahead with the divorce because he still loves me and wants to be with me and he pleaded with me to do the abortion for him so he could win the divorce and custody of his children. I was very angry that I threw a plastic chair on him and asked him to leave my house and to never come back that it was over between us. I deleted and blocked his numbers and removed all his pictures on my phone. He was begging my friends to tell me to forgive him but I rejected him and I now have my beautiful daughter, my joy, my everything.

But the only problem I have, my parents sent me abroad to study, I dropped out three years ago and they don’t know I'm not longer in school and that I now have a child because they keep sending me money every month thinking I’m still in school. When I’m not so on December I did traveled back home to my parents and I left my daughter with a friend for 2 whole weeks. I couldn’t sleep or eat and my parents said Now that I’m in my final year after finishing it, they want me to come back home for good by July and where will I leave my child ? I don’t know how to tell my parents about my child? And also that I left school three years ago my dad is very strict and am scared.

Please I’m very sorry for the long post and advice me on how to tell them please?
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by iammiracle1(m): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
I thought ndi abroad are wiser? You my sister are very unwise, are you a child? Yes I know the divorce proceedings for oyinbo ppl is more complicated than ours but why weren't you smart enough to chop and clean mouth? He was separated but still living with his wife? For the mere fact that he was insisting you about should have let you know he had NO plans for you, I suspect you even forced yourself to take in to try and tie him down...too bad, hopefully when the wife finds out, she has real grounds to divorce him strip him of all he has and leaves with you a broke foul tempered man, then your eyes would clear...even at that he may still not send you...

You didn't try, all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by tomju(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
The time you took to type thing epistle is enough for you to call your mum atleast and explain why you disappointed her et al. Just be true to who you are. I wish you well.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by faithfull18(f): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
@Op Tell them the way you are telling us now.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by umarshehu58(m): 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
That guy just fooled you i swear.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
Abroad doesn’t mean Europe ooo, I’m still in Africa
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by lovenavigation: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
YOU ARE A YEYE GIRL..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by NoraPibowei(f): 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2020
Fake story,u are in abroad for 3years and ur parents still sends u money without visiting u to know how u are doing or without coming back home for holiday? only a mumu would believe this story

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
GOFRONT:
He told you he was married but now divorced and then still living in the same apartment with her.......How else can a lie be more glaring and Obvious??.......Our girls and their vegetable seed brain sha!!!

Thank God it's a Man's World...

Honestly. Too dumb! cry

Lord, this is another example of the kind of child I don't want to have.

Plus, OP, how did your mum not notice the changes in your body? A woman who's had a child sure looks different from her former self before motherhood. And I thought mothers never miss these things.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by NiCurious: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
Finding the original post more a matter for television serial drama, than anyone's reality.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by LaExpert: 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
He told you he had nothing to do with his wife?
...and you actually believed that

Nawa o.

Well, just tell your parents. Don't hurt them further by withholding the information.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sanchez01:
Another script just landed. This isn't worth any sane person's time. Neh!

Abi? The story just gotta be fake.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Moganajoe: 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
Dynamic33:

Tell them you have had a certificate before a certificate! The truth is that you didn't go there with your brain, you left it in Nigeria.

In your first year you got pregnant for a married man against his own wish. You too much!
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Honestly. Too dumb! cry

Lord, this is another example of the kind of child I don't want to have.

Plus, OP, how did your mum not notice the changes in your body? A woman who's had a child sure looks different from her former self before motherhood. And I thought mothers never miss these things.
My body hasn’t changed I’m still slim and tall
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by drimzsmoke(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
send them a farewell letter/message....explain all you've written above in that letter but make it concise.now,in the letter,tell them you've taken poison because you've disappointed them and that you so sorry,also tell them you've given your child up for adoption....they will call you for days,don't pick,let them imagine the worst,then you can pick after about a week...they will be too happy that you are alive that criticizing you will be the last thing on thier mind
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by lyriclekidd(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
Irore:

I like breaking this kind of news. Send me your father's phone number and I will help you tell him and even refer him to your Nairaland epistle.

Why you come quite me??
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
This is a fake story, how have you been living in US since three years you fell out of status as a student? And how were you able to travel home and come back with which visa? Make una dey fear God na, with all these unnecessary online lies and fake stories! Damn it cool cool
Where did I mentioned that I live in US? Abroad doesn’t mean Europe or US

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by princeemmma(m): 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
Tell them on phone, or video chat, dont tell them face to face, telling them face to face will make them feel like you are wayward, but tell them on phone, they did feel sorry for sending you over alone..... talking from experience though grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by iamimohtal(m): 7:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
Dynamic33:

Send them the link to this story

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by iamimohtal(m): 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
drimzsmoke:
send them a farewell letter/message....explain all you've written above in that letter but make it concise.now,in the letter,tell them you've taken poison because you've disappointed them and that you so sorry,also tell them you've given your child up for adoption....they will call you for days,don't pick,let them imagine the worst,then you can pick after about a week...they will be too happy that you are alive that criticizing you will be the last thing on thier mind

Sounds like a Nollywood low budget movie
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
Thanks will do tomorrow
princeemmma:
Tell them on phone, or video chat, dont tell them face to face

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by rollandben(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
Please enough of this your drama!
Can't you use your cell phone and call them!
But if you don't have phone, you can also use a megaphone to reach them. or should I help your tell your parent?? Mtchew...
Please don't distract us with your case again.
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by MansoryMX(m): 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
May God not give me this kind of Wayward, sex addict, Olodo, mumu, ungrateful, shameful, shameless and disgrace of a child coz I fit use my own hand kill her. Her parents must have spent a lot in sending this idiot to abroad to study and plan her life well, instead na prick she follow.

Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by oscarvicto(m): 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
Dynamic33:

I know it's difficult for u, but it's important u tell them d truth. Coming back to nigeria isnt the best option, get a job and look for way to sponsor your education. It will be well with u
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Dynamic33: 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
rollandben:
Please enough of this your drama!
Can't you use your cell phone and call them!
But if you don't have phone, you can also use a megaphone to reach them. or should I help your tell your parent?? Mtchew...
Please don't distract us with your case again.
If you can’t give me reasonable advice waka pass
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by elantraceey(f): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
My goodness!! So what we're you doing in three years? nothing?
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Myjust(f): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
Nobody have the right to judge you.
We all make mistakes and life just goes on.but still I will advice you don't keep a child away from her grannies love.. A child is a blessing no matter how it happened.
Children bring peace and love, your father will melt at the sound of his grand daughter's voice and you mother will only be angry you denied her the Joy for some time. In less than 3months the storm will calm down and they will be asking for pictures of their grand child. Who knows they might insist on you going back to school
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by Sluacoast(m): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

All these finny funny gist sef.

Well, your child is a citizen of the "abroad". Find a job there and stop acting like a child. Regularize your papers and forget about returning. You're a mother now ma'am so your strict daddy can't beat you.

And stop throwing things at people grin
Lol, is that how it works. Your child is the citizen of the abroad. How sure are you that the man is legally living in the so country
Re: How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? by tolzblog(m): 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2020
Don't bother about how to tell them cause I believe dey have read it here..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually, Our Kids Not His – Wife / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / Wife Cries As Her Husband Starves Her Of Sex For 4 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.