Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad (7031 Views)

Help!!! Wife Refuses to buy drug for sick Husband / Trouble As Wife Refuses To Sleep With Her Husband Because She’s Pregnant For The / Wife Refuses To Have Sex With Husband Over Stay Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by nlPoster: 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
freecocoahubby:

As for me, I am simply dumb! I have ruined this low IQ thread with my senseless-ness grin

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by egopersonified(f): 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
southniyikaye:
this life is a mystery, person wey get head no get cap, person wey get cap no get head.
(Eni ni ori o NI Fila)

Some have food but cannot eat
Some can eat but have no food
We have food and we can eat
Glory be to thee o Lord

Like they say, there are three sides to every story.
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by deor03(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
Kuns84:
I'm a medical doctor by profession and completed my residency over a year ago. However, I'm currently frustrated with the state of things in this country. I work endlessly, shuffling between a public hospital here in Lagos as well as also doing some consulting on the side in a private hospital – all to make ends meet.

Many of my fellow medical practitioners have relocated abroad and are all doing tremendously well for themselves earning fat salaries. My friends have tirelessly encouraged me to also make that move but for the past 3 years now, I’ve be peddling a lie that I’m 'comfortable' here in Nigeria. What many don’t know is that MY WIFE is the main reason why I’ve not been able to even attempt the exams not to talk of passing and eventually relocating.

Her reasons?

I have an elder brother who currently lives in the UK – he’s an engineer doing incredibly well for himself. He is married to a fellow Nigerian who is a naturalised citizen abroad but here’s the problem, my wife cannot stand the thought of moving to the UK because of an ongoing issue with my brother’s wife. I can’t go into much detail lest I digress, but my wife has always had this inferiority complex that my sister in-law will look down on her because she was raised abroad and comes from a wealthy home. These two have never gotten along from the very beginning and things have deteriorated to the point that this has affected my relationship with my bro. I personally like my brother’s wife, she’s an intelligent and down to earth lady and we got along so well until I met and married my wife. My brother and I have both tried to get our wives to reconcile but to no avail and now that I could potentially move abroad, this matter has been a major stumbling block affecting my ability to forge ahead in life.

Every time I try to talk sense into my wife, she flares up and refuses to admit the truth, rather she’d claim that her reasons for not wanting to move abroad is because “the grass isn’t greener on the other side”, “people are suffering abroad”, “she’s comfortable with her job here in Nigeria” etc.. but deep down we both know that she doesn’t want to give my sister-in law the satisfaction of seeing us move to the UK for a better life – coupled with the fact that we might have to squat with them for a while before finding my feet.

I am depressed but do a fantastic job at hiding it but the truth is, It breaks my heart every time yet another colleague of mine relocates abroad with his family and then tells me of how conformable life is over there and how much doctors are being paid – it’s not that I’m jealous, I genuinely feel happy for my guys, but just can’t help but feel stuck and unfulfilled with how things are going in my career and personal life.

Pass exam first na.....

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by SweetCunt97(f): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
Kuns84:
I'm a medical doctor by profession and completed my residency over a year ago. However, I'm currently frustrated with the state of things in this country. I work endlessly, shuffling between a public hospital here in Lagos as well as also doing some consulting on the side in a private hospital – all to make ends meet.

Many of my fellow medical practitioners have relocated abroad and are all doing tremendously well for themselves earning fat salaries. My friends have tirelessly encouraged me to also make that move but for the past 3 years now, I’ve be peddling a lie that I’m 'comfortable' here in Nigeria. What many don’t know is that MY WIFE is the main reason why I’ve not been able to even attempt the exams not to talk of passing and eventually relocating.

Her reasons?

I have an elder brother who currently lives in the UK – he’s an engineer doing incredibly well for himself. He is married to a fellow Nigerian who is a naturalised citizen abroad but here’s the problem, my wife cannot stand the thought of moving to the UK because of an ongoing issue with my brother’s wife. I can’t go into much detail lest I digress, but my wife has always had this inferiority complex that my sister in-law will look down on her because she was raised abroad and comes from a wealthy home. These two have never gotten along from the very beginning and things have deteriorated to the point that this has affected my relationship with my bro. I personally like my brother’s wife, she’s an intelligent and down to earth lady and we got along so well until I met and married my wife. My brother and I have both tried to get our wives to reconcile but to no avail and now that I could potentially move abroad, this matter has been a major stumbling block affecting my ability to forge ahead in life.

Every time I try to talk sense into my wife, she flares up and refuses to admit the truth, rather she’d claim that her reasons for not wanting to move abroad is because “the grass isn’t greener on the other side”, “people are suffering abroad”, “she’s comfortable with her job here in Nigeria” etc.. but deep down we both know that she doesn’t want to give my sister-in law the satisfaction of seeing us move to the UK for a better life – coupled with the fact that we might have to squat with them for a while before finding my feet.

I am depressed but do a fantastic job at hiding it but the truth is, It breaks my heart every time yet another colleague of mine relocates abroad with his family and then tells me of how conformable life is over there and how much doctors are being paid – it’s not that I’m jealous, I genuinely feel happy for my guys, but just can’t help but feel stuck and unfulfilled with how things are going in my career and personal life.
So you can't go to the abroad first and prepare the place before she comes over? Baba no one can hold u back jor, u are the one holding yourself back with ur arrow mentality... You've not even reasoned outside the box.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by managingpartner(f): 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
Don't you think it's better if you apply without her knowledge in order for you to be fulfilled?
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by yeyeosoronga: 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
You're not a serious person

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by yeyeosoronga: 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So you can't go to the abroad first and prepare the place before she comes over? Baba no one can hold u back jor, u are the one holding yourself back with ur arrow mentality... You've not even reasoned outside the box.

Exactly...
He's so unserious.
Do your exams and register with their board there. Go there alone and stay with your brother till you're able to save enough to rent your own place and thereafter bring your family.
Rent is paid monthly, so it's very easy after getting a job.
How can your wife allow you lead her when you're even more confused ?

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by babythug(f): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2020
You’re not yet ready to relocate actually!

I can’t believe part of your plans are built around being accommodated by your brother and what not!

That’s not how a family man makes plans for relocation. UK is not Nigeria where we accommodate family members wholeheartedly whether convenient or not! Things are different there.

If you want to relocate begin to set aside funds to cover your living expenses immediately you get there, at best you land at your brother’s place for a few days or less sef!

Present your plans to your Mrs in an organised and professional manner let her see what opportunities you all including the children can benefit from. Let her know that if it doesn’t work out you’d return here within an agreed time frame but I’m sure once she sees that despite the hardship there once you can iron whenever you feel like and bulk cook without worrying for nepa and she doesn’t hear sound of generator or sit in traffic after working all day for hours she too will make things work there!

Good luck oga

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by tiswell(m): 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
The wife is okay in Nigeria, he is the one who wishes to relocate, so he should be ready to shoulder the financial costs, if she assists him, fine. I do not understand your last paragraph, I don't know what you mean by ''it's the man's fault that the two women do not get along'', I never wrote that, so I don't know what you mean. Like I said earlier, you cannot force people to get along with others. If he has tried enough like he mentioned to make both women to settle their differences without success, isn't it time he let's his wife be?
You seem to be a difficult lady.(no pun intended)

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
Squillaci:

I don't see any issue here.
Divorce her and move to your dream country.
There are millions of women out there just like your wife.
You can always get another spouse.
I love this!
Also add, relocate to UK and marry your bros wife along with him before u marry a new wife cheesy

Mtcheew.
If his brother isn't in UK nd he gets a 6 figure paying job there, won't he relocate?

Can't he start off in other developed country first, give the wife the opportunity to discover herself then move to UK not as squatter but somebody who has already stayed in abroad too and knows her way around.

U know your wife has an inferiority complex issue and u don't want to help her out instead want to uproot and throw her into toxic surrounding that will worsen her state and u call yourself a Dr?

U don't know anything about human management.

Help that woman build her confidence by keeping the two ladies poles apart.
If your bros wife is as good as u painted her, why has she not reached out to your wife peacefully and amicably by putting herself in your wife's shoe.

I think u are in love with her background not her personality. And u seem like the type who can easily betray his wife for a little penny else I don't know why u want to go and squat with your brother and family with your own family.
Drs stay in Nigeria and write professional exams, apply for jobs and move when they get one and move into their own house, u want to free load cheesy
Awof dey run belle cheesy

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
babythug:
You’re not yet ready to relocate actually!

I can’t believe part of your plans are built around being accommodated by your brother and what not!

That’s not how a family man makes plans for relocation. UK is not Nigeria where we accommodate family members wholeheartedly whether convenient or not! Things are different there.

If you want to relocate begin to set aside funds to cover your living expenses immediately you get there, at best you land at your brother’s place for a few days or less sef!

Present your plans to your Mrs in an organised and professional manner let her see what opportunities you all including the children can benefit from. Let her know that if it doesn’t work out you’d return here within an agreed time frame but I’m sure once she sees that despite the hardship there once you can iron whenever you feel like and bulk cook without worrying for nepa and she doesn’t hear sound of generator or sit in traffic after working all day for hours she too will make things work there!

Good luck oga
Don't mind that free loader.eyeing his brothers wife cheesy
He think we don't know angry
Free kpekus,Free house, Free food etc.
Even Buhari own no reach like this.

The wife knows what's going on and vehemently rejected it.
She is the smart one here cheesy

I swear, if the wife come here, she will.expose this man cheesy
Read inbetween lines and know what the problem is grin
Married single man grin

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
deor03:

Pass exam first na.....
Exam ke?

He don't know that one.
He only want to go and live with his brothers wife under the same roof.

He didn't even praise his brother or his own wife but his brothers wife. What am i saying?
He said his wife has an inferiority complex cheesy
Awon werey cheesy cheesy
Dr ni Dr ko

13 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by freecocoahubby(m): 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
sassysure:

Exam ke?

He don't know that one.
He only want to go and live with his brothers wife under the same roof.

He didn't even praise his brother or his own wife but his brothers wife. What am i saying?
He said his wife has an inferiority complex cheesy

Awon werey cheesy cheesy
Dr ni Dr ko

Hahahhahahahaha! Na so e pain you reach?
OP, e be like say your wife don arrive grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by freecocoahubby(m): 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
sassysure:

I love this!
Also add, relocate to UK and marry your bros wife along with him before u marry a new wife cheesy

Mtcheew.
If his brother isn't in UK nd he gets a 6 figure paying job there, won't he relocate?

Can't he start off in other developed country first, give the wife the opportunity to discover herself then move to UK not as squatter but somebody who has already stayed in abroad too and knows her way around.

U know your wife has an inferiority complex issue and u don't want to help her out instead want to uproot and throw her into toxic surrounding that will worsen her state and u call yourself a Dr?

U don't know anything about human management.

Help that woman build her confidence by keeping the two ladies poles apart.
If your bros wife is as good as u painted her, why has she not reached out to your wife peacefully and amicably by putting herself in your wife's shoe.

I think u are in love with her background not her personality. And u seem like the type who can easily betray his wife for a little penny else I don't know why u want to go and squat with your brother and family with your own family.

Drs stay in Nigeria and write professional exams, apply for jobs and move when they get one and move into their own house, u want to free load cheesy
Awof dey run belle cheesy

Agbaya! It's so obvious this topic hits close to home for you grin Go and reconcile with your sister in law instead of wallowing in your pathetic display of idiocy.. even your own husband knows you're suffering from inferiority complex . Lol!

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
Is this write-up about me? Respect yourself, and stop personalizing my comments. My personal life should be none of your business.
tiswell:
You seem to be a difficult lady.(no pun intended)

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
Huh, stay in Nigeria jor, u Doctor don't appreciate God, ur salary in Nigeria is a prayer point for some people, u Nigeria Doctors like money too much, and e no dey show for ur body o, upon all d money, na stingy stingy, no dress sense, mchweeeew.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Kuns84(m): 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
dancok:
Huh, stay in Nigeria jor, u Doctor don't appreciate God, ur salary in Nigeria is a prayer point for some people, u Nigeria Doctors like money too much, and e no dey show for ur body o, upon all d money, na stingy stingy, no dress sense, mchweeeew.

How much salary? Don't for a second think doctors are paid so much like that. Take LUTH for example, do you how many months and how frequently they delay paying salaries? If not for the private hospital I work at, I doubt I'd be able to even afford rent.

As a doctor, I'm faced daily with an immense pressure to live up to certain standards. We have to drive certain cars, carry ourselves a certain way, give handouts to every family member who feels you are better off than they are. It's been a stressful existence so far practicing medicine in Nigeria, it's not all glitz and glam as it seems.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by sisisioge: 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin

So UK is the size of a face me I face you compound where everyone sees and know one another's business. You never ready grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
Kuns84:

Her reasons?

You are not relocating to o to live with your brother and his family so,why is she making a fuss out of it?
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
Kuns84:

Notice I said MIGHT.. with a doctors salary I can obviously afford to get a place of my own but it's my preference to stay with bro for a while as we settle into a new environ.

People relocate abroad and start living their own life. If you think she has to support you in staying at your brother's house, you are not being fair to her.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 11, 2020
rain21:
she's intelligent, she's down to earth, she's blabla bla.., meaning you are already taking sides with your brother's wife and your wife is the now the one with inferiority complex.

that could even be the reason why she doesn't want to move___you are comparing the two women and probably flow well with your brother's wife more than with your own wife.your wife has seen the signs already and will rather prefer she stays home since she has a very good paying job here.

relocate, get a good job and then come for your family.consider living in a separate town far from your brother's to avoid frequent clash from the women. the two will still settle laslas
PLEASE respect his OPINION.
EVERYONE knows his or her spouse.
The Ones married to DEVIL know...
The Ones married to ANGELS know...
The Ones likely to DIVORCE already know...

Allow him.
He knows his WIFE better than you.
He lives with her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 11, 2020
madridguy:
Go USA or Canada then.
The USA is BLOCKED oooo.
No Road there.
Except his WIFE is a Nurse and Willing to tow that direction.

CANADA is Open.
But he won't be initiated into the medical practice immediately.
He will be subjected to an unusual Canadian Exams, yet that won't guarantee practice...

AUSTRALIA OPEN as well.
But has to start with a master's program to quickly fit in.
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 11, 2020
dancok:
MEDICAL DOCTORS IN NIGERIA are not generally chased into other countries by low incomes in Nigeria so to speak.

OTHER COMMONER CAUSES OF MIGRATION by NIGERIAN MEDICAL DOCTORS include;
..... Growing Nigeria's Insecurity challenges
..... JOB insecurity after Residency.
..... Growing number of Dependent Family relatives.
..... Devastated Health sector (nothing to work with).
..... Closeness to GOD.

Don't Always Conclude when you have meagre facts about some things.
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by ambient: 3:35am On Mar 11, 2020
I am like your wife,i can never be comfortable in another woman's house not to talk about one i have issues with.the idea of relocating to another country have never freak me.....in short i hate it. Try and go alone your wife is comfortable here pls.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 4:45am On Mar 11, 2020
Go and find work, then take her over when you're settled.
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by madridguy(m): 5:45am On Mar 11, 2020
Thanks Baba, wetin me know tongue

EVILFOREST:

The USA is BLOCKED oooo.
No Road there.
Except his WIFE is a Nurse and Willing to tow that direction.

CANADA is Open.
But he won't be initiated into the medical practice immediately.
He will be subjected to an unusual Canadian Exams, yet that won't guarantee practice...

AUSTRALIA OPEN as well.
But has to start with a master's program to quickly fit in.
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 11, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
The OP said he does not want to give full details of the issues between his wife and sister in law, you can read again, feeling inferior is part of the issue, not the main reason. I believe he has seen your own input as well.

A man who is running multiple jobs in his career, you are asking him to make enough money. No dey talk like person who never make money before.

He should travel alone first and settle for a year and them send for his wife.
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:38am On Mar 11, 2020
You can convince her about other countries like US or Canada. Having a wife that is petty about little things can be frustrating. Pray b4 relocating man.
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by RagnarKlavan: 7:32am On Mar 11, 2020
As usual, the women are here again to peddle their emotional selfishness. A medical professional who's supposedly to be on better financial standing is struggling even with two streams of income in a very bad economy. He sees an opportunity to better the family lot for a lifetime and generations to come but wife disagrees because of a petulant issue- one she started in the first place. Sad!

If you don't act on your instincts and make a move now, you'll build up resentment towards that same wife for being a cog in your wheel of progress and that could hamper even the said marriage. For those asking if he's written the exams first, I say to the OP- give it a shot. you miss %100 of the shots you don't take.

If you must stay with your brother when you move, make it the shortest possible stay ever or make plans to go straight to your own place from Nigeria when you move. It's doable with proper planning.

On a final note, make genuine moves to repair the relationship between your family and your brother's. You don't want bad blood coursing over generations because of two petty women. Address the issues without passing blames and own up where you're wrong.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Adgideon(m): 8:13am On Mar 11, 2020
Bros doctor you want to here the truth, if it's your wife she won't think twice b4 relocating, might even leave u if you ain't willing to make the move, the question is are u going to stay with your brother, either yes or know ur future and that of your children is important involve her family, whichever way it goes, you are the boss secure your life no dulling. And when you get there send me a thank you card.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by proclinician: 9:57am On Mar 11, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
That's why I said make money, enough money, tell her you will be able to afford a home, then see her reaction.

Yes he should make money, enough money. Pls isn't the worthless woman a human being? Is she handicapped? Doesn't she have brains except this relaxer gel made from alkali or ammonium thioglycolate which is a salt of the neutralisation reaction of a weak acid and a weak base kills the brain cells making most women daft and useless. Didn't she go to school? Why should it be the man's business to make a lot of money and then bundle a useless log of wood to the U.K?

Oga op self how did u end up with such a woman. She is zero goal oriented and with no ambitions. Marco polo is an adventurer and had to travel far and wide because of his Ambitions. This woman is not ready to test new waters she has no drive, no goals, no zeal, nothing. She's empty.

I am doing my residency too and not yet married but I am very careful about the woman I want to get married to. I have a long way to go and most times they just think once a doc is done with nysc he's set but not always true.

This woman is delaying your destiny juat like eve destroyed Adam's destiny but the mistake Adam made was that he didn't have the video.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by tiswell(m): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Is this write-up about me? Respect yourself, and stop personalizing my comments. My personal life should be none of your business.
You just confirmed it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cultural Differences Matters A Lot In Marriage? / Contraceptive Method / Her Married Couple friend Were Intimate Shamelessly Right Infront Of Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.