Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad (7030 Views)

Help!!! Wife Refuses to buy drug for sick Husband / Trouble As Wife Refuses To Sleep With Her Husband Because She’s Pregnant For The / Wife Refuses To Have Sex With Husband Over Stay Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by 24kmagic: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2020
It has always been about the money for most Africans, not the will to serve humanity.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by crackkhaus: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2020
proclinician:

Yes he should make money, enough money. Pls isn't the worthless woman a human being? Is she handicapped? Doesn't she have brains except this relaxer gel made from alkali or ammonium thioglycolate which is a salt of the neutralisation reaction of a weak acid and a weak base kills the brain cells making most women daft and useless. Didn't she go to school? Why should it be the man's business to make a lot of money and then bundle a useless log of wood to the U.K?
cheesycheesy

So the sentiments and mindset of a Nigerian woman still dey vex you?

By now, you should have realized how the life of a woman is planned.
It's go to school, try to graduate, get a small job to hold body, get married to a comfortable man...keep doing the small job, but the man must grow & continue making more and more money for both of them to be able to afford a better life. cheesycheesy

Na manage we dey manage dem like that.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by rain21(f): 10:55am On Mar 11, 2020
EVILFOREST:

PLEASE respect his OPINION.[b][/b]
EVERYONE knows his or her spouse.
The Ones married to DEVIL know...
The Ones married to ANGELS know...
The Ones likely to DIVORCE already know...

Allow him.
He knows his WIFE better than you.
He lives with her.

Oga,he brought his opinion to the public space, and I dropped mine. Kindly drop yours and move on undecided
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by freecocoahubby(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2020
proclinician:

Yes he should make money, enough money. Pls isn't the worthless woman a human being? Is she handicapped? Doesn't she have brains except this relaxer gel made from alkali or ammonium thioglycolate which is a salt of the neutralisation reaction of a weak acid and a weak base kills the brain cells making most women daft and useless. Didn't she go to school? Why should it be the man's business to make a lot of money and then bundle a useless log of wood to the U.K?

shocked shocked
Omo, this thread sweet die grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 11, 2020
crackkhaus:

cheesycheesy

So the sentiments and mindset of a Nigerian women still dey vex you?

By now, you should have realized how the life of a woman is planned.
It's go to school, try to graduate, get a small job to hold body, get married to a comfortable man...keep doing the small job, but the man must grow & continue making more and more money for both of us to be able to afford a better life. cheesycheesy

Na manage we dey manage dem like that.
Machine ònù dì a tongue
How can u manage your woman?
Go and fukk your fellow man na or create a test tube baby.
If I catch you

They pursue me from work yesterday bc I get flu grin

Well, I dey my house dey look for trouble.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Biglittlelois(f): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2020
proclinician:

Oga op self how did u end up with such a woman. She is zero goal oriented and with no ambitions. Marco polo is an adventurer and had to travel far and wide because of his Ambitions. This woman is not ready to test new waters she has no drive, no goals, no zeal, nothing. She's empty.

I am doing my residency too and not yet married but I am very careful about the woman I want to get married to. I have a long way to go and most times they just think once a doc is done with nysc he's set but not always true.

This woman is delaying your destiny juat like eve destroyed Adam's destiny but the mistake Adam made was that he didn't have the video.

You are all shades of wrong smh, you will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by crackkhaus: 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
sassysure:

Machine ònù dì a tongue
How can u manage your woman?
Go and fukk your fellow man na or create a test tube baby.
If I catch you

They pursue me from work yesterday bc I get flu grin

Well, I dey my house dey look for trouble.

Covid-19? shocked

Please no quote me again, I no want corona... tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2020
crackkhaus:

Covid-19? shocked

Please no quote me again, I no want corona... tongue
U are maaaaad!!!! cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by crackkhaus: 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
sassysure:

U are maaaaad!!!! cheesy cheesy
gringrin
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Mizwisdom(f): 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
I hope that one day government will increase the fee to acquire a medical degree here for people who intend migrating abroad but maintain same fee as it is now for those who chose to serve here in Nigeria, you can't earn a cheap qualification here then migrate to earn fat salaries abroad, my take.
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
What exactly are you ranting about? He says the wife is gainfully employed, didn't you read that? Have you heard of the word CONTENTMENT before? The wife is content with her life, the OP runs two jobs, he is not satisfied, he wishes to be like his friends who live abroad, fine, so let him make the money to achieve that. The wife is not in agreement, and may not agree to contribute. Take a look at how you are describing someone's wife, terrible. Also, if you are a type who has never come across supportive decent women, then check yourself and your environment, the problem could be from you.
proclinician:

Yes he should make money, enough money. [b][/b]Pls isn't the worthless woman a human being? Is she handicapped? Doesn't she have brains except this relaxer gel made from alkali or ammonium thioglycolate which is a salt of the neutralisation reaction of a weak acid and a weak base kills the brain cells making most women daft and useless. Didn't she go to school? [b][/b]Why should it be the man's business to make a lot of money and then bundle a useless log of wood to the U.K?

Oga op self how did u end up with such a woman. She is zero goal oriented and with no ambitions. Marco polo is an adventurer and had to travel far and wide because of his Ambitions. This woman is not ready to test new waters she has no drive, no goals, no zeal, nothing. She's empty.

I am doing my residency too and not yet married but I am very careful about the woman I want to get married to. I have a long way to go and most times they just think once a doc is done with nysc he's set but not always true.

This woman is delaying your destiny juat like eve destroyed Adam's destiny but the mistake Adam made was that he didn't have the video.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by proclinician: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
What exactly are you ranting about? He says the wife is gainfully employed, didn't you read that? Have you heard of the word CONTENTMENT before? The wife is content with her life, the OP runs two jobs, he is not satisfied, he wishes to be like his friends who live abroad, fine, so let him make the money to achieve that. The wife is not in agreement, and may not agree to contribute. Take a look at how you are describing someone's wife, terrible. Also, if you are a type who has never come across supportive decent women, then check yourself and your environment, the problem could be from you.

There is no contentment in the zoo. It's all shades of hell. A place for mediocres the at al at al na em bad pass crew.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Enculer2: 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kuns84:
I'm a medical doctor by profession and completed my residency over a year ago. However, I'm currently frustrated with the state of things in this country. I work endlessly, shuffling between a public hospital here in Lagos as well as also doing some consulting on the side in a private hospital – all to make ends meet.

Many of my fellow medical practitioners have relocated abroad and are all doing tremendously well for themselves earning fat salaries. My friends have tirelessly encouraged me to also make that move but for the past 3 years now, I’ve be peddling a lie that I’m 'comfortable' here in Nigeria. What many don’t know is that MY WIFE is the main reason why I’ve not been able to even attempt the exams not to talk of passing and eventually relocating.

Her reasons?

I have an elder brother who currently lives in the UK – he’s an engineer doing incredibly well for himself. He is married to a fellow Nigerian who is a naturalised citizen abroad but here’s the problem, my wife cannot stand the thought of moving to the UK because of an ongoing issue with my brother’s wife. I can’t go into much detail lest I digress, but my wife has always had this inferiority complex that my sister in-law will look down on her because she was raised abroad and comes from a wealthy home. These two have never gotten along from the very beginning and things have deteriorated to the point that this has affected my relationship with my bro. I personally like my brother’s wife, she’s an intelligent and down to earth lady and we got along so well until I met and married my wife. My brother and I have both tried to get our wives to reconcile but to no avail and now that I could potentially move abroad, this matter has been a major stumbling block affecting my ability to forge ahead in life.

Every time I try to talk sense into my wife, she flares up and refuses to admit the truth, rather she’d claim that her reasons for not wanting to move abroad is because “the grass isn’t greener on the other side”, “people are suffering abroad”, “she’s comfortable with her job here in Nigeria” etc.. but deep down we both know that she doesn’t want to give my sister-in law the satisfaction of seeing us move to the UK for a better life – coupled with the fact that we might have to squat with them for a while before finding my feet.

I am depressed but do a fantastic job at hiding it but the truth is, It breaks my heart every time yet another colleague of mine relocates abroad with his family and then tells me of how conformable life is over there and how much doctors are being paid – it’s not that I’m jealous, I genuinely feel happy for my guys, but just can’t help but feel stuck and unfulfilled with how things are going in my career and personal life.

Your wife is not a good woman sorry. It is as simple as that.

This is the reason you must marry someone that will listen to you. It is not a mattter of being a dictator but set the cards straight.
It is always like that. You will always find someone to hold you back - your brother, sister, father, mother, wife, husband, etc.

You gotta do what is best for you and your family.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Enculer2: 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
rain21:
she's intelligent, she's down to earth, she's blabla bla.., meaning you are already taking sides with your brother's wife and your wife is the now the one with inferiority complex.

that could even be the reason why she doesn't want to move___you are comparing the two women and probably flow well with your brother's wife more than with your own wife.your wife has seen the signs already and will rather prefer she stays home since she has a very good paying job here.

relocate, get a good job and then come for your family.consider living in a separate town far from your brother's to avoid frequent clash from the women. the two will still settle laslas

Of course she is. You sound like an inferioir "feminist".

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by rain21(f): 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Enculer2:

Of course she is. You sound like an inferioir "feminist".
You sound like an inferior "tout"

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
deor03:

Pass exam first na.....

They are not hard for a resident doctor in Nigeria to pass nah
undecided
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
dancok:
Huh, stay in Nigeria jor, u Doctor don't appreciate God, ur salary in Nigeria is a prayer point for some people, u Nigeria Doctors like money too much, and e no dey show for ur body o, upon all d money, na stingy stingy, no dress sense, mchweeeew.
if I slap you, GTFOH. OPERATION moving out is a go. Doctors go where they are needed and valued. And Nigeria is not on the list. Nigerians like you hate us anyways
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kuns84:

How much salary? Don't for a second think doctors are paid so much like that. Take LUTH for example, do you how many months and how frequently they delay paying salaries? If not for the private hospital I work at, I doubt I'd be able to even afford rent.

[s]As a doctor, I'm faced daily with an immense pressure to live up to certain standards. We have to drive certain cars, carry ourselves a certain way[/s]give handouts to every family member who feels you are better off than they are. It's been a stressful existence so far practicing medicine in Nigeria, it's not all glitz and glam as it seems.

I struck out the absolutely untrue and unnecessary part, you are pressed to be all that, you, the person that you are, not what doctors are pressed to be.
Yeah it’s good to help your poorer relatives and friends. You actually should if you can and if you want to, don’t be pressed to give, otherwise it negates the very core of giving
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
This lady is too beautiful kiss
She reminds me of Adichie Chi
Black is beautiful o.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kuns84:
I'm a medical doctor by profession and completed my residency over a year ago. However, I'm currently frustrated with the state of things in this country. I work endlessly, shuffling between a public hospital here in Lagos as well as also doing some consulting on the side in a private hospital – all to make ends meet.

Many of my fellow medical practitioners have relocated abroad and are all doing tremendously well for themselves earning fat salaries. My friends have tirelessly encouraged me to also make that move but for the past 3 years now, I’ve be peddling a lie that I’m 'comfortable' here in Nigeria. What many don’t know is that MY WIFE is the main reason why I’ve not been able to even attempt the exams not to talk of passing and eventually relocating.

Her reasons?

I have an elder brother who currently lives in the UK – he’s an engineer doing incredibly well for himself. He is married to a fellow Nigerian who is a naturalised citizen abroad but here’s the problem, my wife cannot stand the thought of moving to the UK because of an ongoing issue with my brother’s wife. I can’t go into much detail lest I digress, but my wife has always had this inferiority complex that my sister in-law will look down on her because she was raised abroad and comes from a wealthy home. These two have never gotten along from the very beginning and things have deteriorated to the point that this has affected my relationship with my bro. I personally like my brother’s wife, she’s an intelligent and down to earth lady and we got along so well until I met and married my wife. My brother and I have both tried to get our wives to reconcile but to no avail and now that I could potentially move abroad, this matter has been a major stumbling block affecting my ability to forge ahead in life.

Every time I try to talk sense into my wife, she flares up and refuses to admit the truth, rather she’d claim that her reasons for not wanting to move abroad is because “the grass isn’t greener on the other side”, “people are suffering abroad”, “she’s comfortable with her job here in Nigeria” etc.. but deep down we both know that she doesn’t want to give my sister-in law the satisfaction of seeing us move to the UK for a better life – coupled with the fact that we might have to squat with them for a while before finding my feet.

I am depressed but do a fantastic job at hiding it but the truth is, It breaks my heart every time yet another colleague of mine relocates abroad with his family and then tells me of how conformable life is over there and how much doctors are being paid – it’s not that I’m jealous, I genuinely feel happy for my guys, but just can’t help but feel stuck and unfulfilled with how things are going in my career and personal life.
Oga!!, my senior colleague, make I knee down beg you, because the frustration is real. Please ehn don't let your wife hold you down. Pls write PLAB, go there first, then acquire a house and prepare the road for her. Tell her to do this for the kids. She can also busy herself here getting certifications that will make her employable there. Pls sir, run!!! Even if it means selling all you have.

Don't let her be your stumbling block. abeg!! Our suicide rates are the highest in Nigeria. We are all running away, doing this for a better life for our generation., don't be left behind. Pls sir, start reading and leave. Don't let nigeria frustrate you the way it is doing most of us.

Ignore these greedy Nigerians that want us to be miserable like them. They are the first ones to throw us under the bus. Sir, after residency, you should know it's not worth it, staying here and work as a doctor or do the godforsaken residency. If our consultants are leaving in droves, you have no excuse. If people are leaving after NYSC, you have no excuse.

Don't fall into depression because your wife wants to be petty and feel inferior, no one can make her inferior without her permission.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
merahki:

I struck out the absolutely untrue and unnecessary part, you are pressed to be all that, you, the person that you are, not what doctors are pressed to be.
Yeah it’s good to help your poorer relatives and friends. You actually should if you can and if you want to, don’t be pressed to give, otherwise it negates the very core of giving
aunty, if you don't understand, then don't talk. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
Mizwisdom:
I hope that one day government will increase the fee to acquire a medical degree here for people who intend migrating abroad but maintain same fee as it is now for those who chose to serve here in Nigeria, you can't earn a cheap qualification here then migrate to earn fat salaries abroad, my take.
stop talking from a place of hate. We already paid more in school than you ever did

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by cococandy(f): 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kuns84:

Notice I said MIGHT.. with a doctors salary I can obviously afford to get a place of my own but it's my preference to stay with bro for a while as we settle into a new environ.

So you’re the one holding yourself then.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Mariangeles(f): 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
rain21:
she's intelligent, she's down to earth, she's blabla bla.., meaning you are already taking sides with your brother's wife and your wife is the now the one with inferiority complex.

that could even be the reason why she doesn't want to move___you are comparing the two women and probably flow well with your brother's wife more than with your own wife.your wife has seen the signs already and will rather prefer she stays home since she has a very good paying job here.

relocate, get a good job and then come for your family.consider living in a separate town far from your brother's to avoid frequent clash from the women. the two will still settle laslas

This is not about taking sides, he's just saying it as it is. She's his wife after all, and who knows her better than him...
To say she feels inferior to her sister in-law is just putting it lightly, I think she's envious.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
24kmagic:
It has always been about the money for most Africans, not the will to serve humanity.
service to humanity kee you there. Do you serve humanity with your 8-5 job.Ndi Ara,

We will go to Ndi abroad and serve humanity there. You people never see anything

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Mariangeles(f): 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
nlPoster:

It seems Nigerians have not gotten the memo yet, emigration is not encouraged right now.

Stop considering it your right to move to other peoples' countries especially at this time.

Are you folks not following the news? Why place more stress on countries who are trying to cope with what's going on?

Every day, I'm moving here I'm moving there, like you own everywhere in addition to Nigeria?

What does it take to get things to sink in?

Quit these stupid threads which are mostly fake anyway. Joblessness. undecided

Op is even claiming "as a doctor I can get my own place but I dont have to". So they welcome you with your professional job as soon as you land right?

Another annoying thing, this person claims he is working yet still complaining my wife is against my progress blah blah, so people without jobs or prospects what are they supposed to do?

You keep on assuming that every thread is fake, yet it doesn't stop you from whining and complaining.
Get over it dude!
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by nlPoster: 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
Who is this one again!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Mariangeles(f): 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
rain21:

I didn't interpret anything,it was exactly what you wrote that I read.you compliment your brother's wife,do you also compliment your own wife? Your wife has insecurities and you are making matters worse for her by trying to make her squat in her rival's home when she's comfortable here. If you were to be in her shoes, how would you feel?
Relocate, get a job and send for her later.it's simple

Insecurities? About what? Her jealousy? undecided
Rival? With who? Her sister in-law?
Your comment says a lot about your person.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
aunty, if you don't understand, then don't talk. Thank you.

I am a doctor dear niece, and thanks for your politeness shocked
Have been for a long while now too. Okay, that’s settled, back to your reply:
Nobody is pressed to drive the latest cars or live in the best apartments solely because they are doctors
It is personal make up and or vanity which makes an individual to allow themselves to be pressured (by who now? ) into buying material things, and not profession associated pressure
Nobody has ever come up to me to ask “why do you drive a 404 and not a Benz, doctor like you! Or why are you wearing flip flops or your hair like that you dauta of Hippocrates”?
You need to start trying to understand others instead of always airing views (anyway with time, you will. Give it evening to night newspaper time cheesy
Cheers

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
@OP
Dear Poster, you and you wife have different dreams
In your situation I would follow my own dreams and allow my involved partner follow theirs
What people regret the most in old age are the things they did not do
You will most likely become resentful, churlish, sad and regretful that you didn’t take the migration step
Do not live in regret, there is only one life here
Live yours, not another’s

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by crackkhaus: 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
merahki:

Nobody is pressed to drive the latest cars or live in the best apartments solely because they are doctors
It is personal make up and or vanity which makes an individual to allow oneself be pressed (by who now? ) to buy material things, not profession associated pressure
Nobody has ever come up to me to ask “why do you drive a 404 and not a Benz, doctor like you! Or why are you wearing flip flops or your hair like that you dauta of Hippocrates”?
You need to start trying to understand others instead of always airing views (anyway with time, you will. Give it evening to night newspaper time cheesy
Cheers
kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refuses To Move Abroad by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
merahki:

It is personal make up and or vanity which makes an individual to allow oneself be pressed (by who now? ) to buy material things, not profession associated pressure
Cheers
Many doctors cannot afford to pay their children's school fees. Do you know that? Or buy land.

For the fact that we studied so hard, for so long and put in more hours, we really should be compensated more for what we do, or at least given proper welfare. That's not the case.

It's harder on men than it is on us. And for you to say what you did. Maybe you are out of practice, married to a wealthy man, or not a provider for your family. So please emphathise with him and move on.

I only say it that the main thing trapping doctors in Nigeria is family responsibilities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Contraceptive Method / Cultural Differences Matters A Lot In Marriage? / Her Married Couple friend Were Intimate Shamelessly Right Infront Of Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.