Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,741 members, 7,955,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:15 PM

Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power (40156 Views)

Nigeria Signs Agreement With Siemens To Increase Grid Capacity To 12,000MW / Abba Kyari In Katsina To Fight Kidnappers & Armed Bandits (Photos) / President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Front0lane: 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
fairfora:
Gibberish!!! Ask me who owns the major discos in lagos and I'd tell you.
I don't even need to ask, I know Buhari awarded the disco to the failures says a foolish soul arguing with me on NL.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by stevenosa(m): 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
APCNig:

You wailers and children of hate and bitterness (not you dear poster), now compare the above to Goatluck Jonathan's Bsc(Fisheries), MSc(Zoology) and PhD(Fisheries) all from University of Port Harcourt. Also compare Abba Kyari qualifications to that of your father and your father's father. Are they anywhere near?

Your brain need servicing.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by ruggedtimi(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
voltron14:
Abba Kyari graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology from the University of Warwick, England in 1980.

He also possesses a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Law from the University of Cambridge, England and was called to the Nigerian Bar after attending the Nigerian Law School in 1983.

In 1984, he obtained a master's degree in law from the University of Cambridge.

He later attended the International Institute for Management Development at Lausanne, Switzerland and participated in the Program for Management Development at the Harvard Business School, in 1992 and 1994.
who aak you?
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
obailala:
Lol.. can you imagine? whether I understand how a presidential system works? Wonders shall never end! So in your fantastic understanding of presidential systems, a CoS cannot represent the president in even a meeting (of which you acknowledged you have no idea what it's about)? Only a VP or minister can?

Kindly show examples of other govts either in Nigeria's democratic history or elsewhere where the CoS represented the president in Bilateral meetings.

It was learnt that the duo, joined by the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Mr. Yusuf Tuggar, are in Europe to fine-tune the details of the agreement, the process of which started two years ago when Buhari met with German Chancellor, Angela Merkel on August 31, 2018.

THISDAY gathered that the Siemens team was led to the meeting by the Global Chief Executive Officer of the company, Mr. Joe Kaeser

This is a quote from the OP. You can tell us what fine tuning entails
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Jbloc: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
Square peg in a round hole wink

Politicians discussing technical issues... zero result

GIDIBANKZ:

Soo
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
[quote author=voltron14 post=87350619]

This is how the media manipulates the populace.

In the same article, it was writren that the minister of power was in attendance, but the idea is to obfuscate his presence whilst highlighting Kyari's.[/quote

“The Chief of Staff to the President, Mallam Abba Kyari and I are in Munich right now meeting with executive members of @Siemens to discuss issues relating to the Nigerian power sector. The Nigerian Ambassador to Germany H.E @YusufTuggar has joined us for this meeting.
This is from the minister himself so what are you on about?
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by voltron14: 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
[quote author=Agboriotejoye post=87351669][/quote]

In English language when you open a statement it goes thus:

"Agboriotejoye and I did blablabla"

So what is your argument?

Stop arguing for the sake of it.

It belittles you.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
Just don't come back with corona virus
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Iluvmycontr3: 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
Abia1stboy:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/03/10/kyari-in-germany-holds-talks-with-siemens-on-improved-power/amp/

,,,,, What abt our much talked abt N. Programme??
Just asking. Can anyone educate me better?
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
voltron14:

It belittles you.

Now you're arguing based on semantics. Who is the more senior officer between the minister and the CoS? That should point you to who the leader of the delegation is. The question is if there's an agreement to be signed, will the leader of the delegation sign on behalf of the FG, knowing fully well he has no constitutional powers to do so.
This is exactly what Monguno was complaining about and I'm afraid it appears Kyari had the approval of the president to chair those security meetings after all.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by obailala(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Kindly show examples of other govts either in Nigeria's democratic history or elsewhere where the CoS represented the president in Bilateral meetings.

This is a quote from the OP. You can tell us what fine tuning entails
The report even mentioned that the power minister was present, but the journalist deliberately relegated / obscured that bit of information so as to arouse the excitement of folks like yourself; I didn't read the full report earlier so I wasn't aware the minister was even present.

So what then are you still arguing about? Are you basically saying the minister of power and the presidents chief of staff are inconsequential imbeciless that cannot represent the president in a meeting with power investors?

Going back to my previous stance, even if the power minister wasn't there, show me the law book that says a CoS cannot attend a meeting for a president? Is it by force to criticise everything? There are too many things to criticise government for but some people just fail woefully at selecting meaningful things to criticise.

Anyway, like I said before, YOU WIN! I no get power for pointless arguments abeg.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2020
obailala:

The report even mentioned that the power minister was present, but the journalist deliberately relegated / obscured that bit of information so as to arouse the excitement of folks like yourself; I didn't read the full report earlier so I wasn't aware the minister was even present.

So what then are you still arguing about? Are you basically saying the minister of power and the presidents chief of staff are inconsequential imbeciless that cannot represent the president in a meeting with power investors?

Going back to my previous stance, even if the power minister wasn't there, show me the law book that says a CoS cannot attend a meeting for a president? Is it by force to criticise everything? There are too many things to criticise government for but some people just fail woefully at selecting meaningful things to criticise.

Anyway, like I said before, YOU WIN! I no get power for pointless arguments abeg.

I've asked you to show me where previous Chiefs of Staff represented the president in official functions.

There's no law that says the CoS can't attend a meeting because there's no law recognizing him in the first place. He's a private official of the president not an official of the state like the minister or the VP. I already told you to get familiar with the workings of the presidential system especially as we have it in Nigeria.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by obailala(m): 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I've asked you to show me where previous Chiefs of Staff represented the president in official functions.

There's no law that says the CoS can't attend a meeting because there's no law recognizing him in the first place. He's a private official of the president not an official of the state like the minister or the VP. I already told you to get familiar with the workings of the presidential system especially as we have it in Nigeria.
What exactly is your definition of the term 'official function'? A meeting with Siemens? Buhari already personally signed a power agreement with Siemens and now you say a meeting with Siemens is a function which the CoS is a nonentity and shouldn't be able to attend?
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by sharpwriter(m): 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
chukel:
His picture is scary. We need this intervention urgently. When are they hitting the ground?

I thought I was was the only one who saw that. He looks like an embodiment of evil.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
obailala:
What exactly is your definition of the term 'official function'? A meeting with Siemens? Buhari already personally signed a power agreement with Siemens and now you say a meeting with Siemens is a function which the CoS is a nonentity and shouldn't be able to attend?
To understand the term, you need to update yourself on the workings of a presidential system of government. Google can help you in dis regard

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said he shouldn't attend. What I said is as leader of the delegation since he is of higher rank than a minister, if there are agreements to be signed, is he going to order the minister to sign or sign himself? Mind you, a CoS has no business ordering a minister except an order passed through him by the president. That's the anomaly of his presence in the meeting with the minster. It automatically means the minster answers to him in the meeting which is not the intendment of the constitution where the minister is expected to answer to the president or his vice in some cases but never to the CoS who is not even mentioned in the constitution.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by voltron13: 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

It belittles you.
[/s]
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by seunayantokun(m): 2:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
I saw this news yesterday and asked if that was also the business of 'chief of rod'.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Reference(m): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
That is not the responsibility of the Chief of Staff. He has neither the expertise or experience in handling such technical issues. That is why we often find ourselves in contractual quagmires in this country. He's obviously there with an agenda which the other appendages will not be able to resist.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by obailala(m): 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

To understand the term, you need to update yourself on the workings of a presidential system of government. Google can help you in dis regard

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said he shouldn't attend. What I said is as leader of the delegation since he is of higher rank than a minister, if there are agreements to be signed, is he going to order the minister to sign or sign himself? Mind you, a CoS has no business ordering a minister except an order passed through him by the president. That's the anomaly of his presence in the meeting with the minster. It automatically means the minster answers to him in the meeting which is not the intendment of the constitution where the minister is expected to answer to the president or his vice in some cases but never to the CoS who is not even mentioned in the constitution.
Smh! ...And where exactly did the report say that the CoS is ordering a minister around based on his own authority (and not from the president)? You just wake up, conjure an idea in your head, read a dubiously crafted headline (designed to tickle folks like you), and then you proceed on the basis of your own personal assumptions to make conclusions and recommendations. And then u you ask me to go and read about what exactly?... Smh!

Such desperation to have an argument and then satisfy a burning urge to criticise. Oga find something else to criticise abeg!
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
obailala:
Smh! ...And where exactly did the report say that the CoS is ordering a minister around based on his own authority (and not from the president)? You just wake up, conjure an idea in your head, read a dubiously crafted headline (designed to tickle folks like you), and then you proceed on the basis of your own personal assumptions to make conclusions and recommendations. And then u you ask me to go and read about what exactly?... Smh!

Such desperation to have an argument and then satisfy a burning urge to criticise. Oga find something else to criticise abeg!

The report says they are going there to fine-tune details of the agreement. Fine-tuning will involve modifications which will require assent. So who gives the assent at that juncture? The CoS or the minister? How will the president give authority when he's not there. Abi na futuristic authority him don give Kyari ni?
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Alexpetra: 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2020
UnaToto:
Audio meeting

Audio talk

Audio travel

Audio light

Audio President

Audio country

UnaToto
guy u legit !...lol
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by obailala(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The report says they are going there to fine-tune details of the agreement. Fine-tuning will involve modifications which will require assent. So who gives the assent at that juncture? The CoS or the minister? How will the president give authority when he's not there. Abi na futuristic authority him don give Kyari ni?
Lol... and it gets even more laughable! So the president has to be everywhere, at everytime and at every meeting? So a meeting cannot go on and then an official representing the president steps aside to consult the president for final decisions?... Not even the presence of the minister of power satisfies this one... Wonders shall never end. See reasoning!

You see why I originally said YOU WIN?! ...because my spirit told me this one is a waste of precious energy.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by frog12: 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
abba has no constitutional power to negotiate for nigeria !!!

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
Front0lane:

I don't even need to ask, I know Buhari awarded the disco to the failure says on foolish soul arguing with me on NL.
Go and check the list of the region with the largest number of oul blocs. I can also help you if you so wish.
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by UnusualJhay(m): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
voltron14:
Abba Kyari graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology from the University of Warwick, England in 1980.

He also possesses a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Law from the University of Cambridge, England and was called to the Nigerian Bar after attending the Nigerian Law School in 1983.

In 1984, he obtained a master's degree in law from the University of Cambridge.

He later attended the International Institute for Management Development at Lausanne, Switzerland and participated in the Program for Management Development at the Harvard Business School, in 1992 and 1994.

My president! !!
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
obailala:
Lol... and it gets even more laughable! So the president has to be everywhere, at everytime and at every meeting? So a meeting cannot go on and then an official representing the president steps aside to consult the president for final decisions?... Not even the presence of the minister of power satisfies this one... Wonders shall never end. See reasoning!

You see why I originally said YOU WIN?! ...because my spirit told me this one is a waste of precious energy.

Again read and understand. No one said the president needs to be everywhere. It is for that reasons he has ministers and a deputy to help him pilot the affairs of state and make policies on his behalf. I guess Abba Kyari is the one to step aside and consult the president on final decisions. So if the president agrees, since Kyari cannot sign, what happens next? If we follow your narrative, he orders the minister to sign. Problem is, he has no constitutional powers to do that.

I really can't keep repeating the same thing to you. Go and get acquainted on the workings of our system of govt
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
frog12:

You've said it all bro. But obailala will not agree
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by sapientia(m): 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2020
So presido no dey around?
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by frog12: 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
osinbajo should be there. dey wan keep vp in back seat after removing SLS. no be rumour say SLS wan be vp of osinbajo when pmb was sick.
osinbajo should be there. dey wan keep vp in back seat after removing SLS. no be rumour say SLS wan be vp of osinbajo when pmb was sick.

Agboriotejoye:

You've said it all bro. But obailala will not agree
Re: Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power by obailala(m): 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Again read and understand. No one said the president needs to be everywhere. It is for that reasons he has ministers and a deputy to help him pilot the affairs of state and make policies on his behalf. I guess Abba Kyari is the one to step aside and consult the president on final decisions. So if the president agrees, since Kyari cannot sign, what happens next? If we follow your narrative, he orders the minister to sign. Problem is, he has no constitutional powers to do that.

I really can't keep repeating the same thing to you. Go and get acquainted on the workings of our system of govt
Lol... grin Shaking my head vigorously for you!

1. kindly point out to me where the report says they are there to sign an agreement?

2. Let's even assume an agreement is to be signed, where exactly was it mentioned that it must be signed there and then?

3. Most importantly, assuming an agreement needs to be signed there and then, does the presence of the minister for power in that meeting not mean anything to you?

The journalist who penned down that report and deliberately placed Abba Kyari's name in the title really caught your mumu button; the hatred you have for the Kyari is probably working on you like a potent juju, cos I can't rationalise why any normal person would still be arguing this. Or could it be you're a woman? Cos only women can sustain meaningless arguments like this (apologies to the ladies in the house).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Asks Reno Omokri, "Who Is Bankrolling You?". Reno Replies / Top APC Politicians, Thousands of Supporters Join PDP (Pictures) / Caption This Photo Of Dancing Buhari..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.