Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car (3581 Views)

Will Dodge's Electric Muscle Car Satisfy Its Die-hard Fans? / What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? / Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car by ivoryhouse(m): 6:02am On Mar 18, 2020
Naah bruh, carry out some more research.
abbeg:
The CTS is a luxury car
Equus is a "gentleman's" muscle car....like the classic Chevy Monte Carlo
GT350 and Camaro are full blown sports cars
Mustang fastback? debatable.
Only the challenger fits the bill. The charger was a family sedan, but it's starting to come up.
This is what I'm saying. These cars have evolved into different things. Most of them aren't muscle cars anymore.....even though their ancestors were.
Re: What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car by ivoryhouse(m): 6:06am On Mar 18, 2020
abbeg:
The CTS is a luxury car
Equus is a "gentleman's" muscle car....like the classic Chevy Monte Carlo
GT350 and Camaro are full blown sports cars
Mustang fastback? debatable.
Only the challenger fits the bill. The charger was a family sedan, but it's starting to come up.
This is what I'm saying. These cars have evolved into different things. Most of them aren't muscle cars anymore.....even though their ancestors were.
Nah bruh, the CTS is a bona fide muscle car.. Maybe you should do some more research. Your personal opinion on this almost doesn't count unless you've got some personal experience, which I'd ask you to share so we understand how you're drawing these somewhat ludicrous conclusions
Re: What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car by abbeg(m): 2:19am On Mar 20, 2020
ivoryhouse:
Naah bruh, carry out some more research.
Well, for starters it has 4 doors, a luxurious interior, and weighs over 5000lbs. It also costs $90,000. Not very "muscular" to me. But VERY much more like a luxury car.
Take the m5 competition,a popular luxury car....
617hp, 5000lb weight, luxury interior. Also expensive. Only thing different is that it's AWD.
Muscle cars aren't supposed to be expensive and luxurious. At least back then. They're meant to be affordable and powerful, with ok comforts,or none at all.
Re: What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car by ivoryhouse(m): 2:42am On Mar 20, 2020
abbeg:
Well, for starters it has 4 doors, a luxurious interior, and weighs over 5000lbs. It also costs $90,000. Not very "muscular" to me. But VERY much more like a luxury car.
Take the m5 competition,a popular luxury car....
617hp, 5000lb weight, luxury interior. Also expensive. Only thing different is that it's AWD.
Muscle cars aren't supposed to be expensive and luxurious. At least back then. They're meant to be affordable and powerful, with ok comforts,or none at all.
This your opinion. A muscle car has a big v8 engine and a loud exhaust note to match. The Dodge Demon sold for over $100k, and according to, should not qualify for musclehood, right?
I respect your opinion and I still feel strongly that you should do more research to get your facts straight
Re: What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car by EgunMogaji2: 4:28am On Mar 20, 2020
You can rebuild most of the classic muscle for cheap.

You can get new body shells plus crate engines.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/dynacorn-complete-body-shell-fastback-1967/p/67FB/

2 Likes

Re: What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car by abbeg(m): 1:39am On Mar 21, 2020
ivoryhouse:

This your opinion. A muscle car has a big v8 engine and a loud exhaust note to match. The Dodge Demon sold for over $100k, and according to, should not qualify for musclehood, right?
I respect your opinion and I still feel strongly that you should do more research to get your facts straight
So...the Koenigsegg agera is also a muscle car then? Cause it has a big v8 engine and nice exhaust note. Same for the modern Corvette too? or the Dodge ram and F-150 pick up trucks?
A muscle car has to be a coupe.
Not every fast car from America is a "muscle car"
Re: What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car by sultaan(m): 3:32am On Mar 21, 2020
All these good pics just here to post one too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Issues With My Ride After Fixing. / Which Should I Go For Between Lexus RX 350 & ES 350 Both 2007 Model? / Should Gear Oil Be Changed Or Topup And When?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.