Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered (67730 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by actrinity(m): 1:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
Macsjebs:

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/scientists-find-170-million-year-21674711

nonsense. even the earth itself is not up to a 170 million year old.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Akuruoulo(m): 1:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
NigPatriot:
;
Read about MRI bone testing. It's also used in football.
they still make MISTAKES on the age reading
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Akuruoulo(m): 1:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
NigPatriot:
;
Read about MRI bone testing. It's also used in football.
they still make MISTAKES on the age reading
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Kcgeology: 1:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
Radioactive dating is the answer. For hard rock (Igneous and metamorphic) K, Sr, Ur dating technique can give estimated age of evolution. That was how the paleoevolution of the earth was achieved. The earth is estimated to be about 4.5billion years. For soft rock (sedimentary rocks) the above dating techniques may not be applicable. In this case relative dating techniques has been applied (i.e estimation of age from relative stratigraphic relationship with a rock of absolute known age) and the use of fossils known to occur within geologic period of established age. For very recent materials, (<13,000 years), carbon dating technique comes in handy but has little geologic use with respect to the age range. Carbon dating is mostly used in archeological studies. However, recent studies has shown that Re/Os dating can be applied with success on organic rich shales to yield accurate absolute age. As for the existence of dinousaurs, you know science deals with proven evidence even though we were not around when these happened. Body fossils (jaws, veterbrae, tooth and other hard body parts) of species that matches the dinosaurs description has been uncovered in so many places in the world. From the morphology of these fossils, full body has been reconstructed as models. The habitat, and other characteristics of these extinct animals has also been reconstructed. So you donot have to be there to believe. The present is key to the past (according to James Hutton, a renouned geologist). If not for the effort of some pro-conservation government and NGOs, a whole lot of species could have joined the dinosaurs at the rate they are hunted and their habitat destroyed by man.

1 Like

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by lagdmark(m): 1:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
170 million years na who we go ask?. Still dem no fit calculate how to cure covid-19.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nairalandmonika: 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
ToluNazzal:
All lies. They are always fond of finding one thing or the other to stay relevant.

Guys, pls rate my Youtube channel

Here's my First Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgZuUXHBzSA

Would you have been able to create a YouTube channel and ask us to rate it if not for scientific research.
Am sure if you were around 100 yrs ago and you were told that a device called phone will exist and you will be able to create YouTube channel with the phone, your response with be this.

"All lies. They are always fond of finding one thing or the other to stay relevant."

4 Likes

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nairalandmonika: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
lagdmark:
170 million years na who we go ask?. Still dem no fit calculate how to cure covid-19.
So many art student heard, so you have not heard of the word carbon dating or weren't you taught in secondary school, how to calculate the half life of a carbon decomposition.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ArewaGroup: 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
seborrhic:
Is it that these dinosaurs didn't tranverse Africa because all these findings have majorly been in the West?
Or is it just our lack of scientific approach to things and proper paleontological research?

Africans are only interested in entertainment not science.

We have been living with River Niger for thousands of years but not interested to know about the water, it took some body from Scotland to come and discover the route of the River,
We now named him as the founder of River Niger and teach our children about him(Mungo Park)

We Africans will be seeing these scientists as fools or jobless people while they make names for themselves by making history.

Our children will grow up someday and be reading about them

2 Likes

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nairalandmonika: 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
actrinity:

nonsense. even the earth itself is not up to a 170 million year old.
Haven't you heard of half life calculation. It's been proven that the earth is 6 billion years old. Go and get yourself enlighten that's all I can tell you
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by OlawaleBammie: 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:
Dix dinosaur tin na just fallacy, nothing like dat existed

Me i just wanf to eat the meat

hin fat go sweet and tick
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by tolguy(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:
they spent many years researching and studying, but within seconds you finished the work with your keypad. Clap for you
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by CaseSensitive(m): 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
seborrhic:
Is it that these dinosaurs didn't tranverse Africa because all these findings have majorly been in the West?
Or is it just our lack of scientific approach to things and proper paleontological research?

Dinosaur fossils have been found in South Africa and Egypt as far as I know.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by cho25bc(f): 2:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
seunlayi:
Weldone but intensify your effort towards discovery of corona virus cure before man will become another dinosaur
Exactly

1 Like

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by emmyblings(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:
You can imagine? 170million years
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by enemyofprogress: 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
His meat go sweet for pepper soup
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by emmyblings(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
CaseSensitive:

Dinosaur fossils have been found in South Africa and Egypt as far as I know.
Did you see it?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by wumi2017(f): 2:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
[quote author=Slawormir post=87379597]Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice discovery

All these reminds me of the movie " Jurassic park",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oniranu�� e be like say something dey worry ur head, with all this ur "''Damnnnn niggarr
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Gartol(m): 2:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
ArewaGroup:

Africans are only interested in entertainment not science.

We have been living with River Niger for thousands of years but not interested to know about the water, it took some body from Scotland to come and discover the route of the River,
We now named him as the founder of River Niger and teach our children about him(Mungo Park)

We Africans will be seeing these scientists as fools or jobless people while they make names for themselves by making history.

Our children will grow up someday and be reading about them
baba leave talk jaare even if you were present during the old times you wouldn't have discovered river Niger. Africa as a whole distant itself to the rest of the world. We knew little about the outside world. When the whites first discovered this continent, they called it the dark continent. Its only Egypt I can say adapted well to early civilisation.

Furthermore, Egypt has lost its glory I don't know why but when Egypt was flourishing in areas of architecture, medicine, and trade a lot of European countries where in there dark ages.

You can't really blame our ancestors, you would just be like them if you were present with them in the old times. The responsibility should lie on us now. But are we even taking the chances?

An average Africa man is not even able to put food on his own table. Times are hard the country is bad the government are not helping matters. We pour out lot of graduates every year but we don't have anything to show for it.

It's not that we don't have brilliant minds but when kind of need an external force to reach our elastic limit. Africa need to stay woke and get back on track I know we may be way behind but the key to success is at hand we are not just making the most of it
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by lagdmark(m): 2:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

So many art student heard, so you have not heard of the word carbon dating or weren't you taught in secondary school, how to calculate the half life of a carbon decomposition.
Story, so you believe in 170 million years dating technology which is based on assumption.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by akmath: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2020
Dis people go de call year like say na day
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
Macsjebs:

You may be right though, but scientists always try to provide factual proofs even though not 100% and some Bible stories require 'deep thinking' as all may not have been 100% true or translated 100% without some modifications or human errors
very nicely put, some may not be even true.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
AreaFada2:

Dear we have lots of Dinosaur skeletons worldwide. There is a massive one just as you enter the British Museum in London.

My dear, even oyinbo that brought us the Bible now accept that the world is not 6,000 years old. It just cannot be.

Oyinbo translated the Bible from Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic into Latin. And much later into German, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.

The Bible reached areas like Benin City and Delta about 500 years ago. But the religion only serious caught on much less than 200 years ago in 9ja.

I simply mean oyinbo have had about 2000 years to look at the Bible. We 9ja playing catch up want to claim we know it better? shocked shocked

You think people researching the earth/soil for decades can't different between the marks of falling stones on the ground from ancient animal foot prints?

It doesn't mean the Bible is wrong. Our literal interpretation of aspects of it are simply defective.
It means the Bible is wrong.Shikena.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
veeshock:

We actually misunderstand the Bible...it says all scripture were given "by inspiration"(not dictation)...for "moral correction", nothing more...not scientific correction. Again the Bible says man was created from dust...the exact mechanism of "his" creation is not specified nor is the duration: reading the creation story closely you would discover it isnt a factual event as we suppose...like the sun was created on the 4th day or so....so what exactly makes up a day when the sun isnt in existence? What light was created on the 1st day? What was the evening and morning of day 1-3 before the sun was created...
Hmm, intelligent and insightful one...
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ronyman(m): 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
Guy u funny I swear �
seunlayi:
Weldone but intensify your effort towards discovery of corona virus cure before man will become another dinosaur
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2020
Gartol:
baba leave talk jaare even if you were present during the old times you wouldn't have discovered river Niger. Africa as a whole distant itself to the reat of the world. When the whites first discovered this continent, they called it the dark continent. Its only Egypt I can say adapted well to early civilisation.

Furthermore, Egypt has lost its glory I don't know why but when Egypt was flourishing in areas of architecture, medicine, and trade a lot of European countries where in there dark ages.

You can't really blame our ancestors, you would just be like them of you were present with them in the old times. The responsibility should lie on us now. But are we even taking the chances?

An average Africa man is not even able to put food on his own table. Times are hard the country is bad the government are not helping matters. We pour out lot of graduates every year but we don't have anything to show for it.

It's not that we don't have brilliant minds but when kind of need an external force to reach our elastic limit. Africa need to stay woke and get back on track I know we may be way behind but the key to success is at hand we are not just making the most of it
The main problem with Africa is religion, Africa is still stuck in unproven religious quotes. How can a continent where almost everyone who lives in them are always paranoid and worrying about the end of the world progress? or move forward.

people who believes in the end rather than the beginning. it is a race to the bottom.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by 8stargeneral: 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
Make dem discover coronavirus vaccine... any other fucking discovery we don't want it.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Gartol(m): 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
akmath:
Dis people go de call year like say na day
lol they use carbon dating, it might not be the exact age but they are usually close. The dinosaurs got extinct about 65million years ago. Some say 65-67 million years. There are many theories tied to the extinction of the dinosaurs but the most accepted one is that the earth was hit by a giant asteroid which wiped out more than 90% of living creatures back then.

But you know a dinosaur are enormous creature, though no dinosaur fossils have been found to be 100% intact but archeologist use things like footprints, diet,fosdils rtc and other hints to visualize what the dinosaurs could actually look like.

Just like the megalodon sharks( a specie of shark that existed some millions of years ago) No actually fossils have been found about these massive creatures except thier teeth.

According to findings and analogies it is said that these sharks are so massive that they as big as the size of a bus

Bottom line is these findings will tell us a great lot about how our planet was before human beings started exploring.

2 Likes

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by E2000: 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:
My qstn is,How do they discover these things?Cuz we were told Rhinos ,Dino's,And stygos existed millions of years ago,even though the Bible said the world started existing thousands of years ago.And these scientists were non existent then.

For all I can imagine that could be a Print of maybe a stone or an object that once landed there during a volcanic eruption.I'm just thinking out loud.
There is no difference in the Lord's sight between one day and a thousand years; to him the two are the same. 2peters 3:8.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Olodo24: 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:
My qstn is,How do they discover these things?Cuz we were told Rhinos ,Dino's,And stygos existed millions of years ago,even though the Bible said the world started existing thousands of years ago.And these scientists were non existent then.

For all I can imagine that could be a Print of maybe a stone or an object that once landed there during a volcanic eruption.I'm just thinking out loud.
your Bible has mostly fictional tales
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Gartol(m): 2:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
gypsey:
The main problem with Africa is religion, Africa is still stuck in unproven religious quotes. How can a continent where almost everyone who lives in them are always paranoid and worrying about the end of the world progress? or move forward.

people who believes in the end rather than the beginning. it is a race to the bottom.
lol baba no be so. I am a Muslim and I am a strong believer but i am also a scientist. I read a lot about science related topics and articles especially astronomy, quantum physics and anything space related.

I am not here to criticize your believe or anything but I don't think you should blame religion. Blame the worshippers who do not understand religion.

For example, supposing you have a car and you want to know how good it is then you employ a driver who is not an expert to drive your car, he crashes the car who would the blame go to the driver or the car? Obviously the driver.

Religion never asked us to be stupid, never asked us to be backward but those who do not understand what religion is all about makes someone think it is crap.

Religion and science are two different things. I haven't read all religion scriptures but I am very sure no religion scripture is against discovery and science advancement, no religion scripture tells us to be lazy. It is the followers of the religion that just want to be.

An average Nigerian will rather believe in prophecy from one Alfa or pastor instead of him to work hard. If the creator is lazy would the universe be in place

An average Nigerian will rather curse a bad government instead of him to go out and vote during elections. The blame is on the individual not religion.

We should all understand the purpose why we are here, make peace with our maker help solve the problem of humanity, love our neighbours and we will just be on the right track.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:

I be wan type same thing.

The whites can lie ehn!

Atheists won't challenge them, they are zombies.

Na to antagonise the Bible even when science confirms its accounts.

I foresee them coming like a swam of angry bees to bite.

Make I Dodge them

grin
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ALABACONNECT(m): 2:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
I can't be the only one who thinks carbon dating is over rated. 170 million is too loud

Well, for your smart TVs and Soundsystems, check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Carries Crocodile On Okada In Abeokuta! See Pics! / Two Monkeys Caught Swimming In Water Tanks After Being Left Open. Photos / World’s Worst Leopard Attacks As Pouncing Beasts Rip Off Victims(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.