Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered (67729 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
E2000:
There is no difference in the Lord's sight between one day and a thousand years; to him the two are the same. 2peters 3:8.

Really?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
Olodo24:
your Bible has mostly fictional tales

Ok
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
veeshock:

We actually misunderstand the Bible...it says all scripture were given "by inspiration"(not dictation)...for "moral correction", nothing more...not scientific correction. Again the Bible says man was created from dust...the exact mechanism of "his" creation is not specified nor is the duration: reading the creation story closely you would discover it isnt a factual event as we suppose...like the sun was created on the 4th day or so....so what exactly makes up a day when the sun isnt in existence? What light was created on the 1st day? What was the evening and morning of day 1-3 before the sun was created...

Now I'm even more confused
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by FameTouch(f): 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
wao! Here in Nigeria we eat anything that comes our way....It will be like - see meat...
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Gartol(m): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

I be wan type same thing.

The whites can lie ehn!

Atheists won't challenge them, they are zombies.

Na to antagonise the Bible even when science confirms its accounts.

I foresee them coming like a swam of angry bees to bite.

Make I Dodge them

grin
baba no be fallacy, it's real. Let's leave dinosaurs there are certain animals that got extinct just thousands of years ago like the saber toothed tigers and mammoths.

The saber toothed tigers were hunted down by the early humans and the mammoths were hunted down to extinction mainly because of thier tusks. ( thier tusks are bigger than elephants)

There were a level of dozen extinct events before the dinosaurs had theirs. Though the recent extinction we face now is not something nature relates it is mainly as a result of human poaching.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:
Dix dinosaur tin na just fallacy, nothing like dat existed
u no believe dinoseaur exist but u believe the noah's ark existed cheesy
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by OnyesomJ(m): 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
Everything na Story abeg
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
AreaFada2:

It doesn't mean the Bible is wrong. Our literal interpretation of aspects of it are simply defective.
gbam!
its like some africans arguing that the day of rest is on sunday and dat God rested on sunday..but then we know dat before christinianty the day of rest was on saturday asper the jewish calender.where is the proof that God rested on sunday cheesy.some things in the bible can just be easily understood and interpreting the bible isnt that easy.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
FameTouch:
wao! Here in Nigeria we eat anything that comes our way....It will be like - see meat...
thats why we dey backward
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2020
veeshock:

We actually misunderstand the Bible...it says all scripture were given "by inspiration"(not dictation)...for "moral correction", nothing more...not scientific correction. Again the Bible says man was created from dust...the exact mechanism of "his" creation is not specified nor is the duration: reading the creation story closely you would discover it isnt a factual event as we suppose...like the sun was created on the 4th day or so....so what exactly makes up a day when the sun isnt in existence? What light was created on the 1st day? What was the evening and morning of day 1-3 before the sun was created...
many ppl use the gregorian calender we using to measure the days of the bible in d days of creation grin
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by bigiyaro(m): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2020
seunlayi:
Weldone but intensify your effort towards discovery of corona virus cure before man will become another dinosaur
if at all they was really any dinosaur in the first place.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by akus6060(m): 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
My dear stop saying what u dont know, if u are a Geologist or archeologist u wouldn't be saying such.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by renzhen: 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
LOL
seunlayi:
Weldone but intensify your effort towards discovery of corona virus cure before man will become another dinosaur
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
Gartol:
baba no be fallacy, it's real. Let's leave dinosaurs there are certain animals that got extinct just thousands of years ago like the saber toothed tigers and mammoths.

The saber toothed tigers were hunted down by the early humans and the mammoths were hunted down to extinction mainly because of thier tusks. ( thier tusks are bigger than elephants)

There were a level of dozen extinct events before the dinosaurs had theirs. Though the recent extinction we face now is not something nature relates it is mainly as a result of human poaching.

Hhhhm!

OK o.

Its the years mentioned at times that makes all these news look like lies. 160 million years , 2 billion years.

One day truth go show face sha.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by kestolove95(m): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
lefulefu:
u no believe dinoseaur exist but u believe the noah's ark existed cheesy
I no believe dat one too, all na story story
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Gartol(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Hhhhm!

OK o.

Its the years mentioned at times that makes all these news look like lies. 160 million years , 2 billion years.

One day truth go show face sha.
lol baba I understand. They ain't saying they are accurate with the age. Radioactive dating method is not actually an 100% method of knowing the age of things but it is the most reliable and the closest to been perfect.

But believe me these results have really been the key that help us understand much more about our planet. These findings ain't just for history sake it makes us understand our planet much better and how we can adapt better.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Legendguru: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
smiley
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
Gartol:
lol baba I understand. They ain't saying they are accurate with the age. Radioactive dating method is not actually an 100% method of knowing the age of things but it is the most reliable and the closest to been perfect.

But believe me these results have really been the key that help us understand much more about our planet. These findings ain't just for history sake it makes us understand our planet much better and how we can adapt better.

grin

Mercii.

If you are not a lawyer cross over shapshap.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by dontrulee: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
no be only dinosaur. why can't it be a dragon instead?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Topmaike007(m): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
seunlayi:
lolz
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by skywalker240(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
mrZENographer:

Even if there is a cure, it will be used to globalize the world or bring about the New World Order that the goal of the Vatican Pope, U.N, Billgates.
And they have been pushing for a NWO agenda which they say should be acomplished on or before 2030.
hmmm this is deep
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Topmaike007(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:
it exist in jurassic movie produce by legendary studio in Collaboration with WB media
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by 9ja083: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2020
They should stop feeding ppl with lies. How old is the world?
Footprint is 170million years and rain didn't flush it off? The footprint stayed and waited for u to be born. Yeye de smell!
Please, what i want to tell u is that, i cant buy this lie.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by olisaEze(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
That pothole with egusi seeds around it resemble footprint for their eye? Abeg "WE WII NOT TAKE IT!" in the immortal words of Orubebe! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:

And yet you believe in these religious fallacy that were given to you.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by rottennaija(m): 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:
My qstn is,How do they discover these things?Cuz we were told Rhinos ,Dino's,And stygos existed millions of years ago,[b]even though the Bible said the world started existing thousands of years [/b]ago.And these scientists were non existent then.

For all I can imagine that could be a Print of maybe a stone or an object that once landed there during a volcanic eruption.I'm just thinking out loud.

My dear, I'm going to say this... The bible was written by men whose views and thoughts about the world was limited. What was written reflected the limited human thinking of that time.

For example, while many religious people had held to the belief that the earth is just a few thousand years old, these grounds are quickly shifting as new evidence comes into being. Now, they are saying the days referred to in the creation story of genesis was an undefined period (which could be millions of years or thousands but definitely not a literal 1 day period). But again, they still have to grapple with the other part that says 'they came to be morning and evening'

About 4 years, watchtower, the publishing corporation or the parent company of Jehovah's Witnesses made a statement in one of their Awake magazines, saying that the Genesis said God created the heavens and the earth, but did not say how he did it. That it could have been by a big bang.

My point is, many religious apologist are not taking the genesis account as literal anymore as it used to be taken in time past. The genesis account carries a lot of question marks and reflects the thinking of that time.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Powersurge: 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:

Are you aware that dragon was mentioned in the Bible? But do you know that there are no dragons anymore?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by enamored1: 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:
My qstn is,How do they discover these things?Cuz we were told Rhinos ,Dino's,And stygos existed millions of years ago,even though the Bible said the world started existing thousands of years ago.And these scientists were non existent then.

For all I can imagine that could be a Print of maybe a stone or an object that once landed there during a volcanic eruption.I'm just thinking out loud.

The Bible doesn't say the world started existing thousands of years ago. The Bible doesn't tell us how many years Adam and Eve used in the garden. For all we know, they could have spent millions of years before eating the damning fruit.

Also, the Bible describes two animals in the book of Job which don't exist today, Leviathan and Behemoth. They COULD be remnants of the Dino-race.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
Macsjebs:

You may be right though, but scientists always try to provide factual proofs even though not 100% and some Bible stories require 'deep thinking' as all may not have been 100% true or translated 100% without some modifications or human errors

Yes... The problem with the bible is the compilation and interpretation.
The first bible to english was by king james and we all know the churches were against scientist who speaks against the universe shape and speaking against the church was a capital crime punishable by death.. The early churches didn't allow access to the bible so in that case the bible may be interpreted to help the kings in total control of the people.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by incredible47: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
Human try to explain the world by reasoning...
Human knowledge is limited and inadequate.the word of God is forever settled in heaven.
Dinosaurs never exist.bible affirmed it.all these foot prints are work of the devil.. just to limit the efficacy and infallible word of the God.
Forever oh lord,thy word is settle in heaven.
Civilization, era,epoch can never change it.

1 Like

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Dagrace01(m): 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
My own opinion states that Bible only started or lemme say creation started after some animals went into extinction.
There's a subject in archeology that states date and time of creation.
Dinosaurs were real and no man has ever set a eye on them.
As we all believe that GOD is real, let's just assume that GOD is a magician who does what pleases him, when he's tired of human and every creatures on Earth he'll try the next thing.
I wish Corona virus isn't another of God's experiments.
If the world was really billions of years old, that means GOD has been experimenting with the world for a long time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Carries Crocodile On Okada In Abeokuta! See Pics! / Two Monkeys Caught Swimming In Water Tanks After Being Left Open. Photos / World’s Worst Leopard Attacks As Pouncing Beasts Rip Off Victims(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.