Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered (67733 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:
My qstn is,How do they discover these things?Cuz we were told Rhinos ,Dino's,And stygos existed millions of years ago,even though the Bible said the world started existing thousands of years ago.And these scientists were non existent then.

For all I can imagine that could be a Print of maybe a stone or an object that once landed there during a volcanic eruption.I'm just thinking out loud.
So you start with the assumption that the bible is correct?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by rottennaija(m): 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

I beg to disagreed with your view.
Quoting you:

"My dear, I'm going to say this... The bible was written by men whose views and thoughts about the world was limited. What was written reflected the limited human thinking of that time."

Men, whose view and thoughts about the world are limited

How about the "The world was once covered with water" discovery of last month by Scientists.

The Bible said that thousands of years back and just being discovered last month by Scientists.

I am sure before the discovery we must had many of the scientists mock the Bible. They must have laughed the Bible to scorn.

That was accurate and precised his will you call that kind of Knowledge limited human thinking.

The Bible claimed the World was suspended
upon nothing.
If you want the Bible verse I may search it out for you.

Thousands of years later, Scientists discovered the world is suspended.

The Bible made its claim even when there were many beliefs. Some said that the world was carried on the back of a giant Tuttle. Some said That the world was resting on a pillar.

How will you call that limited human thinking.

All I am trying to let you know is that the Bible though written by humans, those humans were led by the spirit of God the all knowing.

I am not here to argue to disagree with you or anyone, however, if we are to pursue what the bible said or didn't say about the physical universe, it will be obvious obvious you're cherry picking what fits in with reality and what doesn't.

Science doesn't claim to know everything, in fact, science learns and investigate. Science looks at the evidence and follows it where it leads to, while religious apologist concludes before forming evidence for the conclusions already reached.

While it's easy for you to point to people who said decades ago that the earth is held by somethings, or the believes that claimed the world to be carried on the back of a giant Tuttle or resting on a pillar.

These were all beliefs people held, while trying to explain their understanding of the world around. These believes collapse under the weigh of their over ambition as humans began to have a better model on how things works.

Now, let's go deep again to see how the bible withstands the test of scrutiny. Search the place that says the earth to be suspended on nothing and let's see what we can come up with.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Awoo88: 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
lasmile:
How do they calculate these years?

Carbon dating.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by toscolee(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:

For real?

Yeah.... the mammoth also lived around the same time.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by kestolove95(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lokoyen:

We not dey see traces for Africa na only Oyinbo dey get evidence say dem exist.
dem go still tell us sai dinosaur no live for Africa
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
the KT gap...which is the Cretaceous tertiary era when there was a meteorite that annihilated all living organisms. including the dinosaurs
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by bewla(m): 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
seunlayi:
Weldone but intensify your effort towards discovery of corona virus cure before man will become another dinosaur

Fct dedicated to my friend Tobisco for adding another year today 12/3/2020

30yrs is a goal
Good numbers for baba ijebu single 3 12 20 three direct
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by jaxxy(m): 4:26am On Mar 13, 2020
mrZENographer:

Even if there is a cure, it will be used to globalize the world or bring about the New World Order that the goal of the Vatican Pope, U.N, Billgates.
And they have been pushing for a NWO agenda which they say should be acomplished on or before 2030.

Sm1 has been watching to much movies and history channel. There was no conspiracy theory we didn’t hear when Obama was in power. I’m surprised u even left out his name in ur NWO seekers. Lol
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:27am On Mar 13, 2020
Squillaci:

So you start with the assumption that the bible is correct?

Just like the Muslims,the Christians have always assumed or believed that the Bible is correct.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by mrZENographer: 8:42am On Mar 13, 2020
jaxxy:

Sm1 has been watching to much movies and history channel. There was no conspiracy theory we didn’t hear when Obama was in power. I’m surprised u even left out his name in ur NWO seekers. Lol

Sorry to burst your bubble.
I've been watching/reading news.
The last time I watched a movie was January 2020
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by nelsonoba: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2020
ReneeNuttall:
My qstn is,How do they discover these things?Cuz we were told Rhinos ,Dino's,And stygos existed millions of years ago,even though the Bible said the world started existing thousands of years ago.And these scientists were non existent then.

For all I can imagine that could be a Print of maybe a stone or an object that once landed there during a volcanic eruption.I'm just thinking out loud.

The bible does not record any idea of how long ago the earth was created. It only begins keeping records of time from when Adam was created. God had already created the heavens and the earth long before Genesis chapter 1:3 when God began to 'recreate' the earth by speaking and saying LET THERE BE LIGHT.

Genesis 1:1 was the beginning when God first created everything on earth including water which you won't find mentioned again as being created during the 6 days of recreation starting from verse 3, because it was already mentioned as being there on earth in verse 2 before God said let there be light. If everything was created in the 6days of creation as some of our Sunday school teachers had erroneously told us (without studying the bible properly), then on which of the 7days did God create the water we see in verse 2 before the 6days of "creation" began

In summary, bible scholars believe a lot of things happened in between Genesis chapter 1 vs 1 and vs 3 which were not recorded in the bible, and one of them was the fall of Lucifer. They also believe it's highly likely that God had created other beings on earth before the earth was destroyed by water in Genesis 1:2, and God was merely recreating the earth again when he created Adam. There could be elements of truth in this, but the most important thing is that we don't know how long ago the earth was created, could have been thousands or millions or even billions of years ago
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by xamuell: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2020
kestolove95:
Dix dinosaur tin na just fallacy, nothing like dat existed
how do you know please? You answers could mean a lot on a much serious note
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2020
nelsonoba:

The bible does not record any idea of how long ago the earth was created. It only begins keeping records of time from when Adam was created. God had already created the heavens and the earth long before Genesis chapter 1:3 when God began to 'recreate' the earth by speaking and saying LET THERE BE LIGHT.

Genesis 1:1 was the beginning when God first created everything on earth including water which you won't find mentioned again as being created during the 6 days of recreation starting from verse 3, because it was already mentioned as being there on earth in verse 2 before God said let there be light. If everything was created in the 6days of creation as some of our Sunday school teachers had erroneously told us (without studying the bible properly), then on which of the 7days did God create the water we see in verse 2 before the 6days of "creation" began

In summary, bible scholars believe a lot of things happened in between Genesis chapter 1 vs 1 and vs 3 which were not recorded in the bible, and one of them was the fall of Lucifer. They also believe it's highly likely that God had created other beings on earth before the earth was destroyed by water in Genesis 1:2, and God was merely recreating the earth again when he created Adam. There could be elements of truth in this, but the most important thing is that we don't know how long ago the earth was created, could have been thousands or millions or even billions of years ago

OK sir,thanks!
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Lokoyen(m): 10:25pm On Mar 13, 2020
kestolove95:
dem go still tell us sai dinosaur no live for Africa

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Carries Crocodile On Okada In Abeokuta! See Pics! / Two Monkeys Caught Swimming In Water Tanks After Being Left Open. Photos / World’s Worst Leopard Attacks As Pouncing Beasts Rip Off Victims(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.