Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered (67734 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by DonroxyII: 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:
Dix dinosaur tin na just fallacy, nothing like dat existed
Same way some people can deny you or Nairaland ever existed in the next 1000 years.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nairalandmonika: 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
lagdmark:

Story, so you believe in 170 million years dating technology which is based on assumption.
And you believe the Bible which is base on what?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by debbysure01(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
Would have loved to see an animal like this maybe in a zoo, but what a pity, they are extinct
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nairalandmonika: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

I be wan type same thing.

The whites can lie ehn!

Atheists won't challenge them, they are zombies.

Na to antagonise the Bible even when science confirms its accounts.

I foresee them coming like a swam of angry bees to bite.

Make I Dodge them

grin
Tell me any account of the Bible that has been scientifically proven.
Is it the fact that a donkey talk or the fact that snake talked or the fact that Jesus die and woke up or all the miracle. Am such you believed dragon existed because it was written in the Bible.

Stupidity is when you believe a donkey can talk but you don't believe half life formula which has been proven by scientist all over the world.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by musicwriter(m): 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:
My qstn is,How do they discover these things?Cuz we were told Rhinos ,Dino's,And stygos existed millions of years ago,even though the Bible said the world started existing thousands of years ago.And these scientists were non existent then.

For all I can imagine that could be a Print of maybe a stone or an object that once landed there during a volcanic eruption.I'm just thinking out loud.

The bible is not a history book. Its mythology mixed up with little real events here and there.

In about 450 BC, a historian named Herodotus traveled to Egypt and he was fascinated that the Egyptians had more Gods than the Greeks, in fact, the Egyptians also had all the Gods the Greeks had plus many more. Then he asked the Egyptians how long they've been worshiping a God called Heracles, and they told him that Heracles has been worshiped for ''seventeen thousand years to the beginning of the reign of Amasis.'' The Egyptians knew this because they kept record of all their past kings, queens and dynasties and their times of reign.

Amasis a.ka Ahmose II, reigned from 570–526 BC and by that time Heracles (which wasn't even the oldest God) was already worshiped for 17,000 years!!.

If you add 17,000 years plus 2,500 years when this inquiry took place, you have about 20,000 years already. Remember, this isn't how old the Egyptian civilization but how old they've known a God that the Greeks called Heracles.

What am I trying to tell you? Heracles as a God is older than Jehovah!. Jehovah is a new God not older than 4,000 years. That's why your bible told you that the world is 6,000 years old.

The bible is mythology taken too far.

NB: This's not to say there're millions years old animal foot prints out there in the forest because no such foot print would survive on soil for millions of years.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by toscolee(m): 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:
My qstn is,How do they discover these things?Cuz we were told Rhinos ,Dino's,And stygos existed millions of years ago,even though the Bible said the world started existing thousands of years ago.And these scientists were non existent then.

For all I can imagine that could be a Print of maybe a stone or an object that once landed there during a volcanic eruption.I'm just thinking out loud.

Another world existed on earth, was destroyed in the devil's rebellion before the present one, which is earth.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2020
toscolee:

Another world existed on earth, was destroyed in the devil's rebellion before the present one, which is earth.

For real?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
musicwriter:

The bible is not a history book. Its mythology mixed up with little real events here and there.

In about 450 BC, a historian named Herodotus traveled to Egypt and he was fascinated that the Egyptians had more Gods than the Greeks, in fact, the Egyptians also had all the Gods the Greeks had plus many more. Then he asked the Egyptians how long they've been worshiping a God called Heracles, and they told him that Heracles has been worshiped for ''seventeen thousand years to the beginning of the reign of Amasis.'' The Egyptians knew this because they kept record of all their past kings, queens and dynasties and their times of reign.

Amasis a.ka Ahmose II, reigned from 570–526 BC and by that time Heracles (which wasn't even the oldest God) was already worshiped for 17,000 years!!.

If you add 17,000 years plus 2,500 years when this inquiry took place, you have about 20,000 years already. Remember, this isn't how old the Egyptian civilization but how old they've known a God that the Greeks called Heracles.

What am I trying to tell you? Heracles as a God is older than Jehovah!. Jehovah is a new God not older than 4,000 years. That's why your bible told you that the world is 6,000 years old.

NB: This's not to say there're millions years old animal foot prints out there in the forest because no such foot print would survive on soil for millions of years.

Wow! Thanks for opening my eyes, I'm already googling this info.This is more interesting than I thought.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
enamored1:

The Bible doesn't say the world started existing thousands of years ago. The Bible doesn't tell us how many years Adam and Eve used in the garden. For all we know, they could have spent millions of years before eating the damning fruit.

Also, the Bible describes two animals in the book of Job which don't exist today, Leviathan and Behemoth. They COULD be remnants of the Dino-race.

Thanks I thought otherwise.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
rottennaija:

My dear, I'm going to say this... The bible was written by men whose views and thoughts about the world was limited. What was written reflected the limited human thinking of that time.

For example, while many religious people had held to the belief that the earth is just a few thousand years old, these grounds are quickly shifting as new evidence comes into being. Now, they are saying the days referred to in the creation story of genesis was an undefined period (which could be millions of years or thousands but definitely not a literal 1 day period). But again, they still have to grapple with the other part that says 'they came to be morning and evening'

About 4 years, watchtower, the publishing corporation or the parent company of Jehovah's Witnesses made a statement in one of their Awake magazines, saying that the Genesis said God created the heavens and the earth, but did not say how he did it. That it could have been by a big bang.

My point is, many religious apologist are not taking the genesis account as literal anymore as it used to be taken in time past. The genesis account carries a lot of question marks and reflects the thinking of that time.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
rottennaija:

My dear, I'm going to say this... The bible was written by men whose views and thoughts about the world was limited. What was written reflected the limited human thinking of that time.

For example, while many religious people had held to the belief that the earth is just a few thousand years old, these grounds are quickly shifting as new evidence comes into being. Now, they are saying the days referred to in the creation story of genesis was an undefined period (which could be millions of years or thousands but definitely not a literal 1 day period). But again, they still have to grapple with the other part that says 'they came to be morning and evening'

About 4 years, watchtower, the publishing corporation or the parent company of Jehovah's Witnesses made a statement in one of their Awake magazines, saying that the Genesis said God created the heavens and the earth, but did not say how he did it. That it could have been by a big bang.

My point is, many religious apologist are not taking the genesis account as literal anymore as it used to be taken in time past. The genesis account carries a lot of question marks and reflects the thinking of that time.

This topic of discussion has really opened my eyes to so many things I never knew happened before now,I mean all this while,av always thought the world hasn't been more than 3or4 thousand years of existence.And when scientists come up with their theories of millions and thousands of years I always find it vague and conflicting..... Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by rottennaija(m): 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:

This topic of discussion has really opened my eyes to so many things I never knew happened before now,I mean all this while,av always thought the world hasn't been more than 3or4 thousand years of existence.And when scientists come up with their theories of millions and thousands of years I always find it vague and conflicting..... Thanks a lot.

You are welcome. That the world is thousands or millions of years is already accepted by religious apologist. What they do not want to accept is that humanity has existed in the earth way more than 7 thousand years. The reason is, if that is true, it create a whole lot of issues with the genesis account of humans being on the earth for about 6000 years.

It will raise a whole lot of questions and authenticity of the bible. It will be too difficult to bear for many.

1 Like

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Prophet8976: 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
see below
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Astra101: 6:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:

hey get your fact right, there is no where in the bible where it says the world started existing thousands of years ago.

Stop deceiving people with your half baked knowledge of the bible and history.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by musicwriter(m): 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
ReneeNuttall:

Wow! Thanks for opening my eyes, I'm already googling this info.This is more interesting than I thought.

I have books to assist you depending on your interest. Should you be interested in books, email: kemeticphilosophy@gmail, and let me know what historical topic you need book on.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Bambambiglo: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:

Slayqueen how market?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Ipisi(m): 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
ToluNazzal:
All lies. They are always fond of finding one thing or the other to stay relevant.

Guys, pls rate my Youtube channel

Here's my First Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgZuUXHBzSA

What's this video doing on a dinosaur topic...

And to think you're married makes matter worse....

Me that wanted to slide into your DM..

Anyways congrats
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Ipisi(m): 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
lasmile:
How do they calculate these years?

The thing tire me sef....
. Mtcheeew
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2020
Gartol:
lol baba no be so. I am a Muslim and I am a strong believer but i am also a scientist. I read a lot about science related topics and articles especially astronomy, quantum physics and anything space related.

I am not here to criticize your believe or anything but I don't think you should blame religion. Blame the worshippers who do not understand religion.

For example, supposing you have a car and you want to know how good it is then you employ a driver who is not an expert to drive your car, he crashes the car who would the blame go to the driver or the car? Obviously the driver.

Religion never asked us to be stupid, never asked us to be backward but those who do not understand what religion is all about makes someone think it is crap.

Religion and science are two different things. I haven't read all religion scriptures but I am very sure no religion scripture is against discovery and science advancement, no religion scripture tells us to be lazy. It is the followers of the religion that just want to be.

An average Nigerian will rather believe in prophecy from one Alfa or pastor instead of him to work hard. If the creator is lazy would the universe be in place

An average Nigerian will rather curse a bad government instead of him to go out and vote during elections. The blame is on the individual not religion.

We should all understand the purpose why we are here, make peace with our maker help solve the problem of humanity, love our neighbours and we will just be on the right track.
Precisely my point, but i still doubt some religious believes esspecially when they are unexplained. you would find also that believes or religion is relative. i can choose to believe in or worship a tree in front of my house or my shoes grin as long as i am convinced within me that the tree or my shoes are my God.

In India some people believes that cows are their Gods and they worship those cows. are we then going to conclude that they are stupid? or that they are worshipping the wrong God?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Angusonyeoma(m): 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ok, so where are the other foot match na, can't be only one , if really true.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Gartol(m): 6:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
gypsey:
Precisely my point, but i still doubt some religious believes esspecially when they are unexplained. you would find also that believes or religion is relative. i can choose to believe in or worship a tree in front of my house or my shoes grin as long as i am convinced within me that the tree or my shoes are my God.

In India some people believes that cows are their Gods and they worship those cows. are we then going to conclude that they are stupid? or that they are worshipping the wrong God?
yeah bro I understand your point. We cannot always have answer to all things. You might doubt some religious beliefs because to you they might not seem logical.

As for a scientist they don't believe in what they can't see or feel. But been a student of science and also a believer in God I have read my scripture and concluded that God exist.

There are things God talked about in the scriptures which science discoverd maybe 50 or 100 years back. So been a logical person I am like if these things are mentioned in my scripture even before it was discovered by science my logic say InshAllah the other things I cant see or feel will be correct as well.

And you talk about people worshiping cows in India. Like I said I am not here to discriminate anybody. But first of all we all need to get the concept of God. According to oxford dictionary God means a supernatural being that creates the universe and deserves to be worshipped.

It depends on thier view about God maybe they have another meaning to it. Or they have some fate tied to it. In Islam the best definition of God is given In suratul 112 which says "say he is God one and only, God the absolute and eternal, he beget not his he begotten, and thier is no other like him.

So according to this definition I worship one God that does not look like anything else, I know he is not of someone and he does not have a child, and he is one. I don't know much about India but I believe those that worship cows are mainly Hindu.

In Hindu many Hindu believe they are part of God and the whole of humanity is God as a whole. They believe every life is sacred including that of animals. So most of them worship that animal which is sacred(cow) according to thier believe.

As a believer we all need to get the concept of God before worshiping him so that we won't be lead astray
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Tell me any account of the Bible that has been scientifically proven.
Is it the fact that a donkey talk or the fact that snake talked or the fact that Jesus die and woke up or all the miracle. Am such you believed dragon existed because it was written in the Bible.

Stupidity is when you believe a donkey can talk but you don't believe half life formula which has been proven by scientist all over the world.

You guys only point to the Donkey talk story. As if that is the only story in the Bible.
You think its not possible because you are led by your three physical senses to solve spiritual matters. It can't work.

Do you know the parrot talks, mimics human. Why is that possible. Is parrot human?

Jesus died and rose. Yes He did.

Besides the fact that Jesus own resurrection was a thing of the spirit.

Are you a baby not to have heard or read about thousands of people who the doctors have certified dead and came back to life after several hours to the amazement of the Doctors? Countless of thousands of such account. I had a lecturer who died in the morning pronounced dead by not one doctor o. Because she died in the theater and was being prepared for burial, she woke up in the evening and she is still alive till date. I know you would say she was wrongly pronounced dead.

But google is your friend. There are thousands of such world over.

Now back to your question on what Bible account that are confirmed.

The Bible say the earth was covered all over with water in the beginning. Just last month the Scientists discovered the world was covered with water.

The Sodom and Ghomorah ruins was found exactly where the Bible claimed it was. Google and watch the videos of the ruins and sulphur scattered all over the ruins and ashes all over the land. You will say its a hoax grin

Babylonian Kingdom existed and it was written in the Bible. Google and find out. It a hoax also? grin

The Ark that was found on the mountain Ararat in Turkey and the excavation videos on YouTube The Government of Turkey part of the excavation. Hoax?

Several archaeological findings about Bible figures like King David, Solomon, Joshua etc.

Back to Witches and Ghosts

The problem with athiests is more of mental than physical. Even when they are faced with facts about what they denied, the pride and ego of "I am an atheist" still will not make them accept and come out that they are wrong.

Nothing exists as far as you guys cant see it, feel it or hear it.

You don't know there is more to life than seeing. Feeling or hearing.

Can I tell you something I have seen the ghost of someone who was close to me live face to face. In broad daylight.

Besides, I have a friend who sat duscussed for almost one hour with a dead friend, who had died almost a year without knowing. Before the advent of GSM or internet.

He was not the only one that was there so you won't say may be he was dreaming.

He was having a discussion with another friend when the dead friend met them. Sat and discussed with them for almost one hour he gave them his address in Lagos, one of them went visiting and met the wife who told him he had died .
A dead man exchanging memories with friends in Ibadan.Just to discover that he had died more than six months ago in Lagos.

That too is a lie because it has never happened to you. Abi.

And I am very sure , your old man and woman believe such exists and might have had the experience.

You see me? , I don't argue with guys like you oo.

Because what you guys call smartness is stupidity (Sorry for that language)

Millions of people say Ghosts exists, millions have seen it life and a group of "Smart guys" sit somewhere and say all the witnesses are hallucinating.

The blacks believe in the existence of Witchcraft, The Chinese, the Europeans, Americans all believe Witchcraft exists but a group of drunk guys are saying all is a lie.

That is gross stupidity bro.

The Donkey talked
Yes

The Parrots are talking till date

Christ arose from the dead.
Yes

Your unbelief doesn't make it a Lie.

1 Like

Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by stanliwise(m): 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
ToluNazzal:
All lies. They are always fond of finding one thing or the other to stay relevant.

Here's my First Video

you tried
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by stanliwise(m): 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
musicwriter:

You should have said something better.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Originalsly: 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:

Fallacy indeed. These up to 30 foot long monsters.... been living on an island.... and all they can find is footprints? ...footprints outliving skeletal remains?
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by alphaNomega: 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
How the fuckkk have those footprints been preserved all these years? These paleontologists must be on some cheap crack.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by alphaNomega: 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2020
ToluNazzal:

Here's my First Video

I hope you do not use your YouTube channel to propagate lies. Now you are a content creator, be careful what you post.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
rottennaija:

I beg to disagreed with your view.
Quoting you:

"My dear, I'm going to say this... The bible was written by men whose views and thoughts about the world was limited. What was written reflected the limited human thinking of that time."

Men, whose view and thoughts about the world are limited

How about the "The world was once covered with water" discovery of last month by Scientists.

The Bible said that thousands of years back and just being discovered last month by Scientists.

I am sure before the discovery we must had many of the scientists mock the Bible. They must have laughed the Bible to scorn.

That was accurate and precised his will you call that kind of Knowledge limited human thinking.

The Bible claimed the World was suspended
upon nothing.
If you want the Bible verse I may search it out for you.

Thousands of years later, Scientists discovered the world is suspended.

The Bible made its claim even when there were many beliefs. Some said that the world was carried on the back of a giant Tuttle. Some said That the world was resting on a pillar.

How will you call that limited human thinking.

All I am trying to let you know is that the Bible though written by humans, those humans were led by the spirit of God the all knowing.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
musicwriter:

I have books to assist you depending on your interest. Should you be interested in books, email: kemeticphilosophy@gmail, and let me know what historical topic you need book on.0

OK will hit u up real soon. THANKS ALOT.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by wisdomkid: 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:

cry cry cry I cry for your generation. The intensity to accept mediocrity is high in you.
I bet you've not read a 10 page book throughout your lifetime.
Re: 170-Million-Year-Old Stegosaurus Dinosaur Footprints On UK Island Discovered by Lokoyen(m): 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
kestolove95:

We not dey see traces for Africa na only Oyinbo dey get evidence say dem exist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Carries Crocodile On Okada In Abeokuta! See Pics! / Two Monkeys Caught Swimming In Water Tanks After Being Left Open. Photos / World’s Worst Leopard Attacks As Pouncing Beasts Rip Off Victims(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.