Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens (15777 Views)

Lagos Commences Distribution Of Palliatives To Citizens / Terror Alert: Canada, UK, Australia, Ireland Issue Security Advisory To Citizens / Governor Hope Uzodinma Restores Public Water Supply In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by pointstores(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nawa
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by beautyhd: 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2020
At least, we are not leading in Corona virus

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Franking: 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Is it a coincidence that Nigeria always lead when it comes to suffering and other negative index? Well, Buhari is fixing it. Corruption is dead. Electricity is 24/7, Niegrians are happy. Sai baba.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by CSTR2: 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
Buhari and osibanjo are working.
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nigeria is working. Sai baba!

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Jamaall(m): 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
Fortuna2:
My undergraduate project was on quality of water supply in Southwest Nigeria (research findings already published). More than 70% Nigerians lack access to potable water and suffer water borne diseases frequently. Anyways, the government isn't bothered, why should I?? angry
Cause you're far different to the government..
It's a blessing to believe in humanity bro,be proud of it........
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Kennyswag: 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
nonsense
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by ObaOduaa: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Nigeria is working. Sai baba!
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2020
Jamaall:

Cause you're far different to the government..
It's a blessing to believe in humanity bro,be proud of it........
angry
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by israelmao(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
Always first for notorious reason.
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Kingkezie: 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
Afromentalist:
Maybe the researchers just visited lagos and said: Dammmm, we are done with this shit

The African Mentalist

VERY TRUE BRO, MAYBE THEY JUST VISITED ONE LOCAL GOVT AND CONCLUDED ALL THESE
I DO NOT REALLY BELIEVE THERE IS EVEN WATER SCARCITY IN NIGERIA OR IS IT FROM THE REGION THAT I AM IN, EVERYBODY ARE FIGHTING TO HAVE THEIR OWN BOREHOLE NO MATTER HOW POOR.
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by omohayek: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Nigeria seems to be the capital of almost every indicator of very poor governance. Is it health, education, etc

Continue voting for bad leaders and keep getting the same results.
The average Nigerian would prefer to have a member of his or her tribe in a “juicy” position engaging in self-enrichment rather than someone selected solely on the basis of competence who can deliver on boring trivialities such as good roads, clean water, quality education, free primary healthcare, etc. Just look at how much insane emphasis people put on which zone’s “turn” it will be to be President in 2023 to the exclusion of all else, as if the likes of Fayose or Okorocha could ever deliver anything more for their “kinsmen” than Buhari has done for the average northerner (i.e. worse than nothing). Sorry to say, but most Nigerians are hopelessly tribalistic m.orons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by omohayek: 5:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
Redman44:
70% of Britain's Water Companies are owned by foreign companies. The UK government is not involved in producing and supplying water to the British people. There are about 25 water suppliers ( Private firms ) covering Scotland, Wales and England. The water supplier you will use depends on the area of the UK you live in. Many of the UK's water companies are owned by companies from other nations who have invested in Britain's Water Industry. Why can't we do the same in Nigeria?
Because privatisation would mean fewer opportunities for political patronage: profit-maximising owners wouldn’t agree to take on useless executives and staff just because of tribe, religion or who they happen to be related to. How many northerners would even be able to dream of professional careers if they were forced to compete without connections and the quota system?
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by NairaMaster1(m): 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
NOwazobia:
Our population will make us lead in the area we fail, just as it will make us lead in the area we improve.

Are we more populated than china and India?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by AreaFada2: 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
All hail 9ja! The giant of mediocrity. Bubu is working. Next level. grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Prophet8976: 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
see below
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Talknochip(m): 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2020
Count kaduna state out of the top spot of state with poor public water supply. Add plateau, nassarawa & fct to that spot. Add plateau again! Smh
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by mastermaestro(m): 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
Blue3k2:

The issue with alot of Nigerians is they dont even demand better services from their state utilities. These state utilities dont even cover a whole local government. Then you'll see alot states opt for projects like airports, stadiums, churches etc before thinking of can we expand water supply.

You were making sense until your bigotry popped up. How many states officially fund church projects? The church is not the cause of your misery. Face your government!
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Blue3k2: 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
omohayek:

Because privatisation would mean fewer opportunities for political patronage: profit-maximising owners wouldn’t agree to take on useless executives and staff just because of tribe, religion or who they happen to be related to. How many northerners would even be able to dream of professional careers if they were forced to compete without connections and the quota system?

There's also groups against water privatization. Lagos wanted to do PPP during Ambode's administration but he never got around to it.

Afromentalist:

Baba don't take it serious, I was joking grin

My fault.
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Wanity(m): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
Blue3k2:

The issue with alot of Nigerians is they dont even demand better services from their state utilities. These state utilities dont even cover a whole local government. Then you'll see alot states opt for projects like airports, stadiums, churches etc before thinking of can we expand water supply.

Your hate for Christianity lead you to your grave when last did you hear any govenment commission any church project apart from Abuja church.
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by melodyogonna(m): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nigeria is the epitome of uselessness.
God forbid that I'd ever be proud of something so useless
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
On another note, our house borehole produce sweet water, even better than bottled water sef. maybe I should go into pure water & bottling business
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Blue3k2: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2020
mastermaestro:

You were making sense until your bigotry popped up. How many states officially fund church projects? The church is not the cause of your misery. Face your government!
Wanity:

Your hate for Christianity lead you to your grave when last did you hear any govenment commission any church project apart from Abuja church.

Lol guys clearly have a reading disability. There's nothing bigoted about saying state government spend on wasteful projects. I dont have an issue with churches neither did I blame the church. You weirdos should pick up dictionary before crying.

Akwa Ibom is one example of stste building church. There's other states buildings mosques. I wrote Et cetera since I cant list everything under the sun. The comment was directed at all state governments. Lastly I have dedicated threads to my state.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by kunletexs: 6:19pm On Mar 12, 2020
One benefits of Nigerian politicians is that there are not SNIPER in Nigeria army. These idiots called politicians needs to have Samuel doe treatment.

It better they die than live and yet flaunt our collective money to our face.

You are buying properties with our collective money while we are the grandfather of poverty.

God go punish your generation so te na inside sea better pass land for your body.
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Reference(m): 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
Bring in foreigners to establish and run these things. I just don't understand what kind of sick pride is preventing our accepting our incompetence and seeking help. Bring in foreigners to run the power sector, water, energy and other sectors we have consistently failed in from cabinet status right down to management. Change the vloody Constitution if need be.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by jclassiq(m): 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
Fortuna2:
My undergraduate project was on quality of water supply in Southwest Nigeria (research findings already published). More than 70% Nigerians lack access to potable water and suffer water borne diseases frequently. Anyways, the government isn't bothered, why should I?? angry

Please, who is the government?
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Wanity(m): 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
Blue3k2:

Lol guys clearly have a reading disability. There's nothing bigoted about saying state government spend on wasteful projects. I dont have an issue with churches neither did I blame the church. You weirdos should pick up dictionary before crying.

Akwa Ibom is one example of stste building church. There's other states buildings mosques. I wrote Et cetera since I cant list everything under the sun. The comment was directed at all state governments. Lastly I have dedicated threads to my state.

Clear yourself of hate first before claiming neutral
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by misterjosh(m): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
Fortuna2:

70% seems modest, with the reality of things on ground it should be higher.
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Blue3k2: 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
Wanity:

Clear yourself of hate first before claiming neutral

Lol learn to read before rambling like mumu religious zealot. It's clear you dont have any logical retort you're just emotionally distraught because you felt persecuted. If you cant read simple English you definitely wont understand higher level topics like the bible.
Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by kikake: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
Since Yar Adu govt, no govt in Nigeria talked about water supply to citizens.

One gov in the East boasted that he was building our dear State capital city to world class status. But the state capital has no pipe borne water.
Everyday, the gov's media urchin fills pages of NL with private devt in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Leads Africa In Poor Water Supply To Citizens by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
How is this news. Nigeria has also overtaken India and leads the world in open defecation as well.

More than 50% lack access to an improved source of drinking water. What a mess

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malabu Fraud: Alhaji Aliyu Received $400 Million As Consultancy Fee / Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo / “Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.