Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner (39634 Views)

INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande / 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka / COVID-19: Wahab Adegbenro Is Dead! Ondo Health Commissioner Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
So, even going by our ignorant interpretation that the threat posed by the index was eliminated, what's so wrong and bad about that saying the threat posed by the index has been eliminated after treatment and negative test results?

Does it mean that the person is still infected and should never be released or discharge from the hospital?

What's the dumb point this olodo person is peddling to start with?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
Farki:

Oga have you gone to the first page and used Control-F? Please don't quote me again without doing so.

Are you handicapped or you all of a sudden lost the capacity to cut and paste where you saw the word eliminated in the article?

You cut and pasted all kinds of rubbish with links, but you can not cut and paste in this thread?

Shut up and stop quoting me with your rubbish if you can not show us where you saw the word eliminated.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 10:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

Are you handicapped or you all of a sudden lost the capacity to cut and paste where you saw the word eliminated in the article?

You cut and pasted all kinds of rubbish with links, but you can not cut and paste in this thread?

Shut up and stop quoting me with your rubbish if you can not show us where you saw the word eliminated.

No I will not, I have told you numerous times it is the third paragraph of the article which you can find for yourself on the first page. I have been taking it easy with you but me too I can play stubborn.

Also I can not cut and paste anything because if you went to school you would know it is copy and paste, or you want to argue that one with me as well? Illiterate learn to use Control - F.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
Farki:

No I will not, I have told you numerous times it is the third paragraph of the article which you can find for yourself on the first page. I have been taking it easy with you but me too I can play stubborn.

Also I can not cut and paste anything because if you went to school you would know it is copy and paste, or you want to argue that one with me as well? Illiterate learn to use Control - F.
[/s]

You know why you can not show us where you saw the word eliminated? Because it doesn't exist in the article, that's why you can not, you don't want to show us how stupid you are.

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

You know why you can not show us where you saw the word eliminated? Because it doesn't exist in the article, that's why you can not, you don't want to show us how stupid you are.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
you know one thing i love about you
with you in my list i can never ran out of comments to strike thereby building my comments to target usually 50 till soldier fall

unlike lazy others like Simplyleo and the rest that can't even make upto 20 comments per day
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
So, even going by our ignorant interpretation that the threat posed by the index was eliminated, what's so wrong and bad about that saying the threat posed by the index has been eliminated after treatment and negative test results?

Does it mean that the person is still infected and should never be released or discharge from the hospital?

What's the dumb point this olodo person is peddling to start with?
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Ok I'm going to try this one last time.

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
SangoOlukosOba:

you know one thing i love about you
with you in my list i can never ran out of comments to strike thereby building my comments to target usually 50 till soldier fall

unlike lazy others like Simplyleo and the rest that can't even make upto 20 comments per day
[/s]

This ipob troll took a break from canceling posts.

Go back to your trolling duties
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

This ipob troll took a break from canceling posts.

Go back to your trolling duties
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
Farki:

Ok I'm going to try this one last time.

Illiterate, he was talking about the 1 index they successfully treated and who is longer a threat to Lagosians.

What's you silly point sef? That the man with negative results is still infected and a danger to the people of Lagos state and they should keep him isolated forever?

What is your dumb point for real?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Illiterate, he was talking about the 1 index they successfully treated and who is longer a threat to Lagosians.

What's you silly point sef? That the man with negative results is still infected and a danger to the people of Lagos state and they should keep him isolated forever?

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 11:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

Oh so you have finally come to your senses and dropped the act of lying.

NGpatriot:

Who do you think I've been talking about since? Are you really that daft?
The index case(Mr Italian) is still testing positive for virus, his positive contact is not, you would know that but you didn't bloody read the article did you?

NGpatriot:

My larger point is that it is premature to declare the threat of the virus from Mr Italian to Lagos and Nigeria as eliminated just because the people he remembers meeting were not positive since the virus can survive in the air and on materials he touched meaning that anybody who was near him either at work or in transit but doesn't know him or couldn't be identified by the LASG could also be infected. There's also the fact that he was not quarantined before moving round the country and had to be reported to the government by his workplace.

Initially I just wanted you to realize the above statement but since you kept droning on about ELIMINATED I wanted to see you admit you were wrong, can't read simple articles and a liar. grin
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 11:17pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
Farki:

Oh so you have finally come to your senses and dropped the act of lying.

Who do you think I've been talking about since? Are you really that daft?
The index case(Mr Italian) is still testing positive for virus, his positive contact is not, you would know that but you didn't bloody read the article did you?

My larger point is that it is premature to declare the threat of the virus from Mr Italian to Lagos and Nigeria as eliminated just because the people he remembers meeting were not positive since the virus can survive in the air and on materials he touched meaning that anybody who was near him either at work or in transit but doesn't know him or couldn't be identified by the LASG could also be infected. There's also the fact that he was not quarantined before moving round the country and had to be reported to the government by his workplace.

Initially I just wanted you to realize the above statement but since you kept droning on about ELIMINATED I wanted to see you admit you were wrong, can't read simple articles and a liar. grin
[/s]

1. Another round of ignorant rubbish, once a patient is determined to be negative and free of the virus, they are free to re-enter the general society and that treatment remains a successful and victorious treatment.

2. The people he came in contact with were rounded up and monitored according to WHO guidelines, they displayed zero symptoms and there is no law or WHO guidelines that says such folks should be remanded or quarantined.

Again, you are making up your own ignorant and dumb rubbish without facts.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 11:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

1. Another round of ignorant rubbish, once a patient is determined to be negative and free of the virus, they are free to re-enter the general society and that treatment remains a successful and victorious treatment.

2. The people he came in contact with were rounded up and monitored according to WHO guidelines, they displayed zero symptoms and their is no law or WHO guidelines that says such folks should be remanded or quarantined.

1. But the index (Mr Italian) isn't free of the virus which is why the government is still holding him in isolation, didn't you read anything I wrote?

2. Just because they don't show symptoms does not mean they can't transmit the virus, hope they burned everything he touched to because the virus can be spread by touching infected surfaces and droplets in the air he coughed into.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/14/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-spread/index.html

Everything I said I have backed up, stop being wilfully ignorant.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Farki:

1.But the index (Mr Italian) isn't free of the virus which is why the government is still holding him in isolation, didn't you read anything I wrote?

2. Just because they don't show symptoms does not mean they can't transmit the virus, hope they burned everything he touched to because the virus can be spread by touching infected surfaces and droplets in the air he coughed into.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/14/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-spread/index.html

Everything I said I have backed up, stop being wilfully ignorant.

I said once a patient is determined to be negative and free of the virus, I did not say he's free of the virus. again, you have serious reading and comprehension issues, you read stuff and just make up your own story and interpretation. Do you have ADD?

Abayomi, at a briefing on Friday, said 179 contacts were traced to the Italian, adding that since they had exceeded the mandatory 14 days isolation, they have been released as none of them developed any symptom of the disease.

When suspected cases tested negative after the required 14 days isolation and monitoring, they are free to re-enter the society regardless of your flawed reasoning that some are infected but don't exhibit symptoms.

Instead of rummaging the internet to post rubbish and links that you don't understand because you have poor reading and comprehension skills, spend some time to read up on COVID-19, the NCDC and WHO guidelines.

The fact that we sometimes don't do things right in Nigeria doesn't mean we are not doing the right thing per this virus, we are prefect;y doing the right thing, just like we did to defeat Ebola.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

I said once a patient is determined to be negative and free of the virus, I did not say he's free of the virus. again, you have serious reading and comprehension issues, you read stuff and just make up your own story and interpretation. Do you have ADD?

When suspected cases tested negative after the required 14 days isolation and monitoring, they are free to re-enter the society regardless of your flawed reasoning that some are infected but don't exhibit symptoms.

Instead of rummaging the internet to post rubbish and links that you don't understand because you have poor reading and comprehension skills, spend some time to read up on COVID-19, the NCDC and WHO guidelines.

The fact that we sometimes don't do things right in Nigeria doesn't mean we are not doing the right thing per this virus, we are prefect;y doing the right thing, just like we did to defeat Ebola.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 12:32am On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

2. The people he came in contact with were rounded up and monitored according to WHO guidelines, they displayed zero symptoms and there is no law or WHO guidelines that says such folks should be remanded or quarantined.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 12:39am On Mar 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

Yet you posted this
NGpatriot:

Illiterate, he was talking about the 1 index they successfully treated and who is longer a threat to Lagosians

why must you lie or do you have poor reading comprehension?

NGpatriot:

Are you daft or didn't read the articles I posted? There could be more people with the virus than the initial known contacts and they could be spreading the virus without knowing. Why are you repeating WHO guidelines when
the same guidelines say 80% of people with the disease show no symptoms https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200306-sitrep-46-covid-19.pdf%3Fsfvrsn%3D96b04adf_2&ved=2ahUKEwiVwMnt0J3oAhWIZhUIHfovD8sQFjADegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3-ig6xSHVi3n6NRp4XOWa9

and the disease can be transmitted by individuals showing no symptoms https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200306-sitrep-46-covid-19.pdf%3Fsfvrsn%3D96b04adf_2&ved=2ahUKEwiVwMnt0J3oAhWIZhUIHfovD8sQFjADegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3-ig6xSHVi3n6NRp4XOWa9

Read first before you come at me.

NGpatriot:

Perfectly doing the right thing? You call letting the Italian man roam and present symptoms for 2 days after which his employer reported him before the government quarantined him the right thing?

That was the same thing that happened with Sawyer, he wasn't detected or quarantined though he came from a high risk country, he was allowed to roam the country until he showed symptoms then Dr Adadevoh had to put her life on the line to keep him from killing others.
The government didn't step in until a responsible human had to report both Sawyer and the Italian man. If the Italian man's employer didn't report him or decided to take him to a private clinic without letting the government know he would have infected countless people by now.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 12:49am On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
Farki:

Yet you posted this
why must you lie or do you have poor reading comprehension?

Are you daft or didn't read the articles I posted? There could be more people with the virus than the initial known contacts and they could be spreading the virus without knowing. Why are you repeating WHO guidelines when
the same guidelines say 80% of people with the disease show no symptoms https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200306-sitrep-46-covid-19.pdf%3Fsfvrsn%3D96b04adf_2&ved=2ahUKEwiVwMnt0J3oAhWIZhUIHfovD8sQFjADegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3-ig6xSHVi3n6NRp4XOWa9

and the disease can be transmitted by individuals showing no symptoms https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200306-sitrep-46-covid-19.pdf%3Fsfvrsn%3D96b04adf_2&ved=2ahUKEwiVwMnt0J3oAhWIZhUIHfovD8sQFjADegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3-ig6xSHVi3n6NRp4XOWa9

Read first before you come at me.

Perfectly doing the right thing? You call letting the Italian man roam and present symptoms for 2 days after which his employer reported him before the government quarantined him the right thing?

That was the same thing that happened with Sawyer, he wasn't detected or quarantined though he came from a high risk country, he was allowed to roam the country until he showed symptoms then Dr Adadevoh had to put her life on the line to keep him from killing others.
The government didn't step in until a responsible human had to report both Sawyer and the Italian man. If the Italian man's employer didn't report him or decided to take him to a private clinic without letting the government know he would have infected countless people by now.
[/s]

The gentleman from Italy was reported accordingly regardless of how long it took, he was isolated, tested and treated and he's on his way out of isolation.

That's all that matters, sorry that you are disappointed that we did a great job and the virus is not running wild in Nigeria as you wish.

Feel free to cry your tears inside basket because Nigeria successfully stemmed the virus so far.

I feel your pain and suffering.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 12:55am On Mar 16, 2020
Coronavirus: WHO Commends FG’s Prompt Response

Abuja – The Officer-in-Charge of World Health Organisation (WHO), Dr. Clement Peter, in Nigeria has commended the Federal Government’s prompt response to the first case of coronavirus reported in the country.

He made this known Peter at a news conference on Coronavirus on Friday in Abuja organised by the Federal Ministry of Health.

Peter commended Nigerians on its speedy response to the Virus in Lagos.

https://www.independent.ng/coronavirus-who-commends-fgs-prompt-response/.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 5:38am On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

The gentleman from Italy was reported accordingly regardless of how long it took, he was isolated, tested and treated and he's on his way out of isolation.

That's all that matters, sorry that you are disappointed that we did a great job and the virus is not running wild in Nigeria as you wish.

Feel free to cry your tears inside basket because Nigeria successfully stemmed the virus so far.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 6:13am On Mar 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Of course when you are confronted by facts and have have nothing to say you fall back to asslicking. This man should have been detected and isolated before being in contact with the general public. If anyone should be taking credit for preventing an outbreak it should be his employer not the government who couldn't be bothered to apply basic quarantine measures.
We are just lucky he was reported on time.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 1:57pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
Farki:

Of course when you are confronted by facts and have have nothing to say you fall back to asslicking. This man should have been detected and isolated before being in contact with the general public. If anyone should be taking credit for preventing an outbreak it should be his employer not the government who couldn't be bothered to apply basic quarantine measures.
We are just lucky he was reported on time.
[/s]

No, this is not about luck, this is about preparedness, this is about our brave men and women working tirelessly to confront the virus, to protect Nigerians including unpatriotic and anti-Nigerian cowards like you.

Your evil wish for mass infection and calamity did not manifest because we were ready and God remains on our side.

You are in pain and feeling sad and sorrowful because Nigeria is conquering COVID-19 same way we defeated EBOLA, but we don't have any remedy for your pain and sorrow, you are on your own.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2020
Coronavirus: Enugu case tests negative – NCDC

The result of the person suspected to have been infected with coronavirus in Enugu State turned out negative, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) disclosed on Sunday.

The health agency on its twitter handle @NCDCgov said “laboratory result of the patient in Enugu suspected to have COVID19 is negative.”

Suspected case

NCDC on Sunday had said it was aware of the suspected Covid-19 case notified by the Enugu State Government in a woman who had just returned from the UK.

The health agency said the woman had reported at the hospital after feeling sick.

Also, the permanent secretary of the state’s ministry of health, Ifeanyi Agujiobi, had earlier told reporters that the sample from the suspected case had been sent for further investigations.

Mr Agujiobi said the suspected case had been in the UK in the last five months and came into Enugu through Owerri on March 11 to see her son.

He added that the suspected case was being closely monitored and the results awaited for further action by the government.

Result

Late on Sunday, the Enugu State Government also confirmed that the result was negative.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/382096-coronavirus-enugu-case-tests-negative-ncdc.html

Another great news for Nigeria and bad news for the evil wishers and enemies of Nigeria.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Another great news for Nigeria and bad news for the evil wishers and enemies of Nigeria.

God Bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

No, this is not about luck, this is about preparedness, this is about our brave men and women working tirelessly to confront the virus, to protect Nigerians including unpatriotic and anti-Nigerian cowards like you.

Your evil wish for mass infection and calamity did not manifest because we were ready and God remains on our side.

You are in pain and feeling sad and sorrowful because Nigeria is conquering COVID-19 same way we defeated EBOLA, but we don't have any remedy for your pain and sorrow, you are on your own.

God Bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

God Bless Nigeria.

Whaoah I don tire for this matter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. / Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees / Atiku Returns To Nigeria After Spending 7 Months In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.