Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? (3544 Views)

Tweeting Testaments - If Biblical Characters Were On Twitter / Testaments Of God To His People For The Glorious Year 2022 / Born again = your sinful flesh dies and new you springs up (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2020
Some people are just so stupid and senseless that they feel high once some Yahoo boys have brainwashed them into thinking they have knowledge!

Mr donnie, you're just a fool Sir! cheesy
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by sonmvayina(m): 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
Maximus69:

OK Sir what about Isaiah 9:7 was it also referring to Hezekiah? cheesy

Yes.. This is the proper translation

Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by sonmvayina(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
Daejoyoung:

The new testament cannot be a Roman invention, on the contrary it is very anti Roman.

It can't be Jewish either, the Jewish God forbids human sacrifice, he abhors it.. Sin sacrifice are carried out by priest in the temple.. Not Roman soldier on a hill.. The Jews worship an all powerful God that is responsible for both good and evil.. But the God of the new testament is only responsible for good things, the evil things were taken over by another God called the devil..
The old testament present a monotheistic belief but the new testament present a dualism... Big difference
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
You are simply a braggart. You are not my father cos I know my father.
Oh, of course, I am not your father. I never claimed to be your father. How can you possibly think, I would assume to be your father, erhn. You know your father. I know who your father is, lol, but as in regards to biblical theology, you as of now, are a son. Its, no diggity, as simple as that, lol.

AntiChristian:
When will Jesus return?
The church, as in meaning the body of Christ, lol, currently is being sanctifed and cleansed up with the washing of water by the word. This all in preparation, for Jesus to then come present to Himself, the church in glory, not having spot, stain or wrinkle or any of the such things, but that it would be holy, blameless, without blemish or any other flaws.

What are you waiting for AntiChristian. Put aside that okra soup that isnt drawing, come join in with us to partake and enjoy this beautiful sweet and tasty ewedu soup, lol

AntiChristian:
You sound like a drunken fool!
"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;
and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
"
- 1 Corinthians 1:27

Thanks for noticing that I sound like a drunken fool, lol. Its the manifestation of something you dont have any knowledge of, lol

AntiChristian:
You have an example sha
Then the Lord rose up as though waking from sleep, like a warrior aroused from a drunken stupor. Psalm 78:65
The key operative words in that verse are: "as though" and "like" I really arent surprised, of your pitiful eisegesis of that verse

AntiChristian:
Then Jesus is a liar.
Have you considered if for the sake of playing along with, that if Jesus is a liar, wouldnt that make Him a sinner, hmm?

AntiChristian:
Same argument every time. After Jesus was being baptised
And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Mat 3:17

Whose voice was coming from heaven? Jesus!
Wrong answer, it clearly states it was God, the Father's voice

AntiChristian:
Who was being baptised? Jesus!
Correct

AntiChristian:
When Jesus was in the womb, who was controlling the universe?
God the Father and with aid of the Holy Spirit

AntiChristian:
When Jesus was sucking his mother's milk who was controlling the universe?
No, it was God the Father and with aid of the Holy Spirit

AntiChristian:
Was it infant Jesus that sent the Spirit to warn Jesus's foster parent about the evil king?
No, it was God the Father and with aid of the Holy Spirit

AntiChristian:
Why does Jesus have to flee because of the harm of people He created?
Why should He not flee? Duh!

AntiChristian:
It doesn't make sense if the Creator will come to live with his creation and have to be killed by His creations for their sins!
And it is more offsense that your God that became man can quicken the dead but can't know the hour the world would end!
"But God chose what the world considers nonsense to put wise people like AntiChristian to shame.
God chose what the world considers weak to put what is strong to shame.;
"
- 1 Corinthians 1:27

It cant make sense to you. Listen when you manage to bring here and show me your creation of a gnat, then maybe you can have big mouth to talk and be telling how God should have or should have not done things His own way and method. Mtcheew. Smh.
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by donnie(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
Maximus69:

Of course he became a man to qualify as the lamb of sacrifice needed to clean sin, since none of Adam's descendants is qualified to do that! Psalms 49:7-9 cheesy

Because he is not of this source ACCORDING to himself! John 8:23

See what you're doing to yourself. Now you just quote any scripture you like out of context and then continue spewing trash.

Maximus69:
Some people are just so stupid and senseless that they feel high once some Yahoo boys have brainwashed them into thinking they have knowledge!

Mr donnie, you're just a fool Sir! cheesy

The rate at which you're going... no run enter market o shocked

1 Like

Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Daejoyoung: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
sonmvayina:

It can't be Jewish either, the Jewish God forbids human sacrifice, he abhors it.. Sin sacrifice are carried out by priest in the temple.. Not Roman soldier on a hill.. The Jews worship an all powerful God that is responsible for both good and evil.. But the God of the new testament is only responsible for good things, the evil things were taken over by another God called the devil..
The old testament present a monotheistic belief but the new testament present a dualism... Big difference
Dualism was already present in second temple judaism in the 1st century, judaism changed so much during the exile to babylon and in the 400 years after Daniel. The new testament is a very Jewish book if you study the history well.
The new testament does not condone human sacrifice.
Finally if God is responsible for evil, then why do you worship such a god?

1 Like

Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2020
sonmvayina:

Yes.. This is the proper translation

So there was 'PEACE WITHOUT END' after Hezekiah's death? cheesy

1 Like

Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
donnie:

See what you're doing to yourself. Now you just quote any scripture you like out of context and then continue spewing trash.
The rate at which you're going... no run enter market o shocked

Explain what those scriptures mean nah! cheesy

Stupid fool who wants to be a Christian but can't go from house to house to meet people IN THEIR HOMES as Jesus commanded!

Òpònú Olódo! cheesy
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by sonmvayina(m): 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Dualism was already present in second temple judaism in the 1st century, judaism changed so much during the exile to babylon and in the 400 years after Daniel. The new testament is a very Jewish book if you study the history well.
The new testament does not condone human sacrifice.
Finally if God is responsible for evil, then why do you worship such a god?

For your information Judaism was created after the Babylonian exile. The Jews did not know who the real creator of the world was and most times were ensnared by the people around them to worship their God which they did, the consequence was God sending them to Babylon to go and learn who he was.
Isaiah 45 :7 "I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and Crete evil, I the Lord do all these things"...
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 5:57am On Mar 17, 2020
Maximus69:
The more reason why Jehovah's Witnesses will never accept you as a Christian brother
Eurgh. Yikes, what could have come upon me that I would want Jehovah's Witnesses to accept me as a Christian brother.

brother, lol, neighbour, have you copped on yet that since you agreed to the herd mentality, how much more you're been controlled and directed by a tiny few, made up of 8 white and 1 black dots, lol

Maximus69:
if you're not going to show your face to the person to whom you want to preach or teach God's word! wink
My cards are always placed on the table face up. I dont hide. Dont you realise that, it's you holding the brush, lol. What picture emerges from your strokes of the brush, lol

Maximus69:
As for the enmity, you can deceive your fellow misinformed churchgoers but not me, once we're not on the same page regarding scriptural understanding and you're always there to oppose me, i won't deceive myself that you're just an ordinary neighbor.
Certainly you're an enemy in disguise! cheesy
I have never introduced enemy into any of my conversations with you. I always see you as a brother, never enemy. I respect your wish not wanting to be a brother and have philadelphia reciprocated, but if you're still insisting and adamant that I am an enemy in disguise, then just know, to cherish your enemy(ies), as they may be blessings and/or teachers, in disguises, lol.
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 6:11am On Mar 17, 2020
sonmvayina:
This fellow is more confused than the goat left stranded and lost on an astroturf. Smh

sonmvayina:
"Yeshua said to him, “The first of all the commandments:
'Hear Israel, THE LORD JEHOVAH your God, THE LORD JEHOVAH, He is One.' “
"
- Mark 12:29

Both the OT and NT advances monotheistic belief. What sonmvayina, in the context of your argument, is dualism? Smh.

1 Like

Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Eurgh. Yikes, what could have come upon me that I would want Jehovah's Witnesses to accept me as a Christian brother.

brother, lol, neighbour, have you copped on yet that since you agreed to the herd mentality, how much more you're been controlled and directed by a tiny few, made up of 8 white and 1 black dots, lol

My cards are always placed on the table face up. I dont hide. Dont you realise that, it's you holding the brush, lol. What picture emerges from your strokes of the brush, lol

I have never introduced enemy into any of my conversations with you. I always see you as a brother, never enemy. I respect your wish not wanting to be a brother and have philadelphia reciprocated, but if you're still insisting and adamant that I am an enemy in disguise, then just know, to cherish your enemy(ies), as they may be blessings and/or teachers, in disguises, lol.

Pharisees and Saddusees also wish Jesus to refer to them as "brothers" despite antagonizing him and criticizing his teachings, that's why they told him they're Abraham's offsprings since Jesus is also a descendant of Abraham {John 8:39} and as if that's not enough they went ahead to say they have one father (with Jesus) which is no other person than God! John 8:41 cheesy

But this religious teachers are not united in thought as they're always disputing over the interpretation and practical application of what's written in the scriptures, yet they formed alliance (despite their disunity) to always criticized Jesus and his followers everywhere they find them!

So Jesus concludes, since this people can not agree on standards and they're now against Jesus who is teaching common Jews how to become effective preachers and teachers to defend scriptural truth with one voice. "You are of your father the devil" meaning you're of Satan who hates common line of thought amongst God's people!

Notice how you condemned the idea of God's people being unitedly worshipping together under one umbrella with one common line of thought! wink

That deceptive spirit in you is against the arrangement Jesus (God's son) himself ordained in the first century, when he chose 12 men to organize all his followers under one umbrella! wink

Now you're against that same setting, and all those having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines you want to call them brothers, whereas you're not in agreement with any of them! cheesy

So we've been trained to single out Satan's agents like you, even though we refer to you as neighbours we know that you're an enemy in disguise, since you're serving the same purpose as that of Satan (Your father)! John 8:44 wink
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 7:32am On Mar 17, 2020
Maximus69:
Pharisees and Saddusees also wish Jesus to refer to them as "brothers" despite antagonizing him and criticizing his teachings, that's why they told him they're Abraham's offsprings since Jesus is also a descendant of Abraham {John 8:39} and as if that's not enough they went ahead to say they have one father (with Jesus) which is no other person than God! John 8:41 cheesy
"But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces.
For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.
"
- Matthew 23:13

Fyi, brother, lol, neighbour Maximus69, lol, the scribes (i.e. Jewish learned class whose function was to copy royal and sacred manuscripts, hence have knowledge of the law enough to draft legal documents like contracts for marriage, divorce, loans, inheritance, mortgages, the sale of land etcetera), the Pharisees (i.e. a Jewish self-righteous and/or hypocritical sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity, funninly resembling JW, lol) and Sadducees (i.e. a Jewish sect of the time of Jesus Christ that denied the resurrection of the dead, the existence of spirits and the obligation of oral tradition) were each and all together, a hindrance to spirituality of people, connecting to God, through personal relationship and/or experience. They were mostly pompous, domineering, overbearing arses and elites that because of all these their bad characters, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the wholewide world was at the drop of a hat, always fending them off and being at loggerheads with them.

As you can notice from Matthew 23:13 above they were a source of resistance, delay and/or obstruction to spiritual development, lol. "Sọ fun mi, tani o ma la oju ẹ lẹ, ki talubọ wọọ, boo lọ, ya mi" loosely translated means, "now tell, who wont shield his/her eyes from gust blowing dirt getting in. If you arent moving along, step aside, comot for road, make beta pipul waka pass"

Maximus69:
But this religious teachers are not united in thought as they're always disputing over the interpretation and practical application of what's written in the scriptures, yet they formed alliance (despite their disunity) to always criticized Jesus and his followers everywhere they find them!
Give me and/or list 2-3 examples where whoever is in your mind, criticised Jesus

Maximus69:
So Jesus concludes, since this people can not agree on standards and they're now against Jesus who is teaching common Jews how to become effective preachers and teachers to defend scriptural truth with one voice. "You are of your father the devil" meaning you're of Satan who hates common line of thought amongst God's people!
You need to go repeat this home truth line, right in front of a standing length mirror, lol.

Maximus69:
Notice how you condemned the idea of God's people being unitedly worshipping together under one umbrella with one common line of thought! wink
Smh, you sure like, enjoy and are addicted to your beta/blue pills sha, lol. Is it condemnation you pulled out of that helpful observational comment I made, hmm, lol? Smh

Maximus69:
That deceptive spirit in you is against the arrangement Jesus (God's Son) Himself ordained in the first century, when he chose 12 men to organize all his followers under one umbrella! wink

Now you're against that same setting, and all those having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines you want to call them brothers, whereas you're not in agreement with any of them! cheesy
The hypocrite always recognises the honest man as his deadly enemy, lol. Rather have a honest enemy, who wont sugarcoat lies to you, lol.

Maximus69:
So we've been trained to single out Satan's agents like you, even though we refer to you as neighbours we know that you're an enemy in disguise, since you're serving the same purpose as that of Satan (Your father)! John 8:44 wink
You are trained, controlled and directed to single yourselves out as first grade mumus, lol.
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces.
For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.
"
- Matthew 23:13

Fyi, brother, lol, neighbour Maximus69, lol, the scribes (i.e. Jewish learned class whose function was to copy royal and sacred manuscripts, hence have knowledge of the law enough to draft legal documents like contracts for marriage, divorce, loans, inheritance, mortgages, the sale of land etcetera), the Pharisees (i.e. a Jewish self-righteous and/or hypocritical sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity, funninly resembling JW, lol) and Sadducees(i.e. a Jewish sect of the time of Jesus Christ that denied the resurrection of the dead, the existence of spirits and the obligation of oral tradition) were a hindrance to spirituality of people connecting to God through personal experience. They were mostly pompous, domineering, overbearing arses and elites that because of all these their bad characters, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the wholewide world was at the drop of a hat, always fending them off and being at loggerheads with them.

As you can notice from Matthew 23:13 above they were a source of resistance, delay and/or obstruction to spiritual development, lol. "Sọ fun mi, tani o ma la oju ẹ lẹ, ki talubọ wọọ, boo lọ, ya mi" loosely translated means, "now tell, who wont shield his/her eyes from gust blowing dirt getting in. If you arent moving along, step aside, comot for road, make beta pipul waka pass"

Give me and/or list 2-3 examples where whoever is in your mind, criticised Jesus

You need to go repeat this home truth line, right in front of a standing length mirror, lol.

Smh, you sure like, enjoy and are addicted to your beta/blue pills sha, lol. Is it condemnation you pulled out of that helpful observational comment I made, hmm, lol? Smh

The hypocrite always recognises the honest man as his deadly enemy, lol. Rather have a honest enemy, who wont sugarcoat lies to you, lol.

You are trained, controlled and directed to single yourselves out as first grade mumus, lol.

Once you're against the setting Jesus established to organize his followers under one umbrella, YOU'RE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL! cheesy
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 7:50am On Mar 17, 2020
Maximus69:
Once you're against the setting Jesus established to organize his followers under one umbrella, YOU'RE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL! cheesy
Soot calling snow black, smh. Awodi (i.e. black kite) that thinks, its a dove, lol.

Do you really want me, to tell you the truth about yourself and why you keep parrotting "YOU'RE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL" hmm, lol?
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Soot calling snow black, smh. Awodi (i.e. black kite) that thinks, its a dove, lol.

Do you really want me, to tell you the truth about yourself and why you keep parrotting "YOU'RE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL" hmm, lol?

Great!

So it's clear now that someone between you and i is of the devil while the other is of God, meaning we can't be brothers in FAITH! wink
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 9:03am On Mar 17, 2020
Maximus69:
Great!
So it's clear now that someone between you and i is of the devil while the other is of God, meaning we can't be brothers in FAITH! wink
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Awodi (i.e. black kite)
wants identified as eagle lol.
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Awodi (i.e. black kite)
wants identified as eagle lol.

Please MuttleyLaff, i will like to ask you one question.
Maximus69 have always maintained that you're not his brother but you kept saying he is your brother.
Then he said "you are of YOUR father....."

What baffles me is that instead of you to say something different, you went ahead retorting the same thing saying "you are of YOUR father...."
Someone could have expected you at least to say "you (Maximus69) is of OUR father" and not "of YOUR father" to maintain your stance that he is your brother! embarassed embarassed embarassed

So my question is "why have you been lying since, when you know TRUTHFULLY in your heart that he is not of the same father as you do?" undecided undecided undecided
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 17, 2020
TATIME:

Maximus69 have always maintained that you're not his brother but you kept saying he is your brother.

What baffles me is that instead of you to say something different, you went ahead retorting the same thing saying "you are of YOUR father...."
Someone could have expected you at least to say "you (Maximus69) is of OUR father" and not "of YOUR father" to maintain your stance that he is your brother! embarassed embarassed embarassed

So my question is "why have you been lying since, when you know TRUTHFULLY in your heart that he is not of the same father as you do?" undecided undecided undecided

Good morning bro Tatime,

The remaining part of Jesus' statement answered this your question Sir!

There Jesus said "he is a liar, and the father of the lie" John 8:44

So the attributes of his father is obvious in his words!
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 10:16am On Mar 17, 2020
TATIME:
Maximus69 have always maintained that you're not his brother
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
... and I gave him his wish, had given him the right not to want to have me as his brother and respected his act of flunging philadephia right back in my face, lol

TATIME:
but you kept saying he is your brother.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, not so fast José. I am sure you have been noticing the strikeouts and switching to using neighbour. C'mon now, do you have to descend so low just to garner so cheap below the belt points ni. Haba. Wetin. Kilode. Thats foul.

TATIME:
So? Its a free country isnt it, hmm?
What you want me do. Report him to a JW police station, lol, hmm?

TATIME:
Please save me from this ignorance. What part of the implication of "You need to go repeat this home truth line, right in front of a standing length mirror, lol" dont you understand?

TATIME:
So, you've all of a sudden become psychic erhn? You cant see hearts and read whats in people's mind.

Fyi, as I've told your charge, its him that advanced enemy into the interaction, its also him with you joining that's introduced naive, simplistic, and superficial "... is of OUR father" and not "of YOUR father". Whats my own
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
... and I gave him his wish, had given him the right not to want to have me as his brother and respected his act of flunging philadephia right back in my face, lol

Whoa, whoa, whoa, not so fast José. I am sure you have been noticing the strikeouts and switching to using neighbour. C'mon now, do you have to descend so low just to garner so cheap below the belt points ni. Haba. Wetin. Kilode. Thats foul.

Please save me from this ignorance. What part of the implication of "You need to go repeat this home truth line, right in front of a standing length mirror, lol" dont you understand?

So, you've all of a sudden become psychic erhn? You cant see hearts and read whats in people's mind.

Fyi, as I've told your charge, its him that advanced enemy into the interaction, its also him with you joining that's introduced naive, simplistic, and superficial "... is of OUR father" and not "of YOUR father". Whats my own

"To tell you the truth" you say! cheesy

That means you've been lying instead of saying this truth you've been hiding in your mind.

Tatime already got the message, you're a liar using your tongue to call people brother but deep inside your heart you believe they are "of the devil"!

Case closed! cheesy
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
Maximus69:
"To tell you the truth" you say! cheesy

That means you've been lying instead of saying this truth you've been hiding in your mind.

Tatime already got the message, you're a liar using your tongue to call people brother but deep inside your heart you believe they are "of the devil"!

Case closed! cheesy
The home truth about yourself. Can't you read and read with understanding ni? Did you see me introduce words or anything to what you by yourself brought on, hmm?

You tried putting mj in my pocket, but when I refused and handed it back to you, by telling you to go repeat what you typed in front of a standing length mirror. It didnt seat well with you and your big bro bossman, lol. Now you are becoming increasingly more petty about it. Smh.
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The home truth about yourself. Can't you read and read with understanding ni? Did you see me introduce words or anything to what you by yourself brought on, hmm?

You tried putting mj in my pocket, but when I refused and handed it back to you, by telling you to go repeat what you typed in front of a standing length mirror. It didnt seat well with you and your big bro bossman, lol. Now you are becoming increasingly more petty about it. Smh.

Story! Story!! Story!!!

So far you've gotten the secret behind the brother neighbour thing.

I'm through with you! wink
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
Maximus69:
Story! Story!! Story!!!
So far you've gotten the secret behind the brother neighbour thing.
I'm through with you! wink
Have a happy day brother neighbour, lol.
You aint really thru with me. You aint have enough of me. You will come back for more. Mark my words, lol.
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You said to Maximus69 "you are of YOUR father"

That's enough to clarify that both of you aren't brothers just as Maximus has maintained from the start. And to buttress that you purposely said you want to say the TRUTH!
Please i'm not quarrelling with you, i only ask a simple and honest question but if you don't want to answer, it's OK! undecided undecided undecided
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Janosky: 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
Azazeal007:
The God of the old testaments seems to be warlike, aggressive towards enemy, tough and ready to fight for you if you obey is laws. He is very powerful and proud , he accepts animal sacrifices as atonement for sins and purification.
He never deserts is people during battle, He loves them but they deviate from his teachings, so he punish them severely until they repent. This God is quick to act if called upon he speaks through the likes of Moses Abraham, Elijah, Enoch, Joshua, Samuel e.t.c

On the other hand the God of the new testament his kind and cool, patient, peaceful and forgiving God. Accepts worship and praises, prayers and fasting as atonement for sins but not animal sacrifices. He is very slow to anger and act preaches by speech and not with sword. He speaks through the likes of John the baptist, Jesus of nazareth, Paul the apostle, st Peter , st John e.t.c

The big question remains are they the same God or have the God of the old testament become more civil in his dealings?

Why is God so angry in the Old Testament and so loving in the New?

Yahweh God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob is the same God in both old testament& the new testament Exodus 1:14,15. Acts3:12,13.
John 20:17
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by MuttleyLaff: 1:53am On Mar 18, 2020
TATIME:
You said to Maximus69 "you are of YOUR father"
TATIME, TATIME, TATIME. How many times did I mention you? OK, now that I've got you fully attentive, please confirm to me, who first said: "you are of YOUR father" and to who was it first said to

TATIME:
That's enough to clarify that both of you aren't brothers just as Maximus has maintained from the start.
"Ara adugbo, ẹ ma gba mi kẹ" Havent I earlier said that I gave him his wish, had given him the right not to want to have me as his brother and also respected his act of flinging philadephia right back in my face, hmm?

TATIME:
And to buttress that you purposely said you want to say the TRUTH!
What are you and Maximus69's problems. Is this about selective reading or just sheer outright dishonesty ni, hmm? Are you now TATIME, trying to tell me that you were unable to make out "home truth" in what you read ni?. Please, you're grown, I dont expect you to use of underhand tactics, like this and done here, to achieve cheap goal(s) now. Smh. Could the reason be as a result of the frown on members partaking on secular higher education, hmm? Making it difficult to make out the difference and/or distinction between "home truth" and plain just "truth," hmm?

TATIME:
Please i'm not quarrelling with you,
Neither am I quarrelling with you. Or do you see me bring bow and arrows, knives and/or AK-47 aka Kalashnikov rifle guns, axes and/or spears to the table ni, hmm?

TATIME:
i only ask a simple and honest question
You barked at wrong tree with your allegedly simple and honest question

TATIME:
but if you don't want to answer, it's OK! undecided undecided undecided
I am sure you have been noticing the strikeouts, I have been doing with "brother" and switching to using neighbour. C'mon now, do you have to descend so low just to garner so cheap below the belt points ni. Why are you guys so petty-minded and obsessed with inconsequentials like a crossed out "brother"

1 Like

Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by sonmvayina(m): 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
Maximus69:

You've not answered the question i asked you on the underlined!

Jesus actually came TO TEACH MANKIND HOW TO GAIN EVERLASTING LIFE AND PAY FOR ADAMIC SIN!

So if you're doubting or denying the New Testament writers what about the Old Testament writers who said exactly the same thing about the Messiah? cheesy

Messiah will die because of the sin of the world! Isaiah 9:6-7, 53:8-12 compare to Luke 22:37;23:32-33

He is from the roof of David (Jesse's son) Isaiah 11:10 compare to Romans 15:12

Who is your teacher that taught you Jesus never came to die for our sins? cheesy

Those are not messianic prophesies..
Read this through

It's a very popular question. Why don't Jews believe Jesus was the Messiah? Aren't the proofs convincing?

This is a sensitive issue, and it is hoped that no one will be offended by the candid answer provided here.

We do not believe that it is prophesied that the Messiah will be crucified. We do not believe that the Messiah will be the son of G-d. We do not believe that he will be raised from the dead any more than anyone else. We do not believe that he will appear twice, in what some Christians call a second coming. We do not believe that the Messiah will be our "savior" in the sense that he will redeem us from our sins.

These are all fascinating claims to make concerning anyone, but they are all irrelevant to the Messiah for whom the Jews have awaited these three thousand years. None of these things are prophesied in the Jewish Bible.

What then is this Messiah for whom we wait? The Messiah will be a mortal man, born of a normal man and woman.He will be a man very learned in all sections of the Torah, and he will be a very righteous man. He will be of the undisputed scion of David through his father. He will become uncontested ruler in the Land of Israel over all the People of Israel, that is, all Twelve Tribes of Israel. He will have at least one son, who will be king after the Messiah dies a normal death at an advanced age.

He will be as described by the Prophet Isaiah (Isaiah 11:2-4): "full of wisdom and understanding, counsel and might, knowledge and the fear of G-d . . . he will smite the tyrant with the rod of his mouth, and slay the wicked with the breath of his lips . . ." (Maimonides explains this last as merely a parable, and not to be taken literally.)

Still, the Messiah will primarily be a prince of peace. As it says (Isaiah 52:7) "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger who announces peace."

The Messiah will bring an end to all suffering and war. He will rescue the Children of Israel from exile. He will teach the world how to revere truth, and they will all return to G-d (though not necessarily to Judaism). All forms of warfare will be abolished.

The Torah will be strengthened by the teachings and practices of the Messiah. It will not be weakened nor changed in the slightest.

The Jews will no longer be subjugated nor oppressed by other nations. (In fact, there will be no oppression or subjugation anywhere in the world, by anyone against anyone.) The Jews will be free in the Land of Israel. We will have the Holy Temple once again. We will have the full body of the Law restored by the full Sanhedrin and all lesser courts. And the Messiah will do all this on his first try. Indeed, this is how we will know he is the Messiah.

These are the main prophecies that the Torah tells us concerning the Messiah. The man who causes these to happen will be the Messiah. Since these have not happened, the Messiah, the one foretold by the Torah, has not yet come.

It will be through these signs that he will be recognized. It will not be through miracles, nor through resurrection of the dead, nor through any new creation. It will be through the total rescue we will undergo (as described in brief above) that we will know the Messiah. And in truth, we await the Redemption more than we await the Messiah. The Messiah will be G-d's messenger and vehicle for that Redemption.

And that is a very important point. We await our rescue from exile and an end to all human suffering in this world. The Messiah's purpose is not to make it possible for us to go to Heaven. The Torah teaches us how to do that already.

The man the Christians worship may have been a good person, and he may have taught many good things. (Although I hasten to point out that there are many teachings in the Christian Bible that are completely unacceptable to Orthodox Jews, and incompatible to the teachings of the Torah.) But he was not the Messiah for whom we await and have long awaited. He may have been crucified, and that's a horrible thing. But that merely proves to us that he was not the Messiah.

He was not the son of G-d any more than we all are; precisely no more or less. The very thought is repugnant to a Jewish person. G-d having a son in that manner? We shudder at the suggestion.

Nor do we believe he was resurrected. But even if he was, that would not make him the Messiah.

All this that is claimed about Jesus is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the Messiah. There will indeed be a resurrection, but not at the time of the Messiah's coming. That will be later.

The Jewish faith has no place for most of the Christian Messiah beliefs. Nor is there any way to reconcile Jesus with the Jewish concept of the Messiah. The two concepts have very little in common.

We still await the Messiah, and our faith is still strong.
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

(1)Those are not messianic prophesies..
Read this through

(2)It's a very popular question. Why don't Jews believe Jesus was the Messiah? Aren't the proofs convincing?

(3)We still await the Messiah, and our faith is still strong.

(1) Just listen to yourself "those are not Messianic prophecies", but you're quoting it's excerpt as prophecies for another expected Messiah? cheesy

(2) "why don't the first century Jews believe Jesus?"

Please remind me of a prophet the Jews welcomed and treated well? cheesy
Even Moses who brought their forefathers out of slavery in Egypt was accused and they wanted to stone him! cheesy

(3) You're still expecting another Messiah when all Israelites have lost their origin to the point of no return! cheesy
Can anyone recognize his own lineage again after thousands of years that they've scattered?
How are they going to know their tribes?

My friend keep waiting for another Messiah.

Jesus of Nazareth said Israel is NO MORE because God can and will raise children for Abraham from other nations to rule with him (the authentic Messiah they rejected)

So keep waiting! cheesy
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by sonmvayina(m): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2020
Maximus69:

(1) Just listen to yourself "those are not Messianic prophecies", but you're quoting it's excerpt as prophecies for another expected Messiah? cheesy

(2) "why don't the first century Jews believe Jesus?"

Please remind me of a prophet the Jews welcomed and treated well? cheesy
Even Moses who brought their forefathers out of slavery in Egypt was accused and they wanted to stone him! cheesy

(3) You're still expecting another Messiah when all Israelites have lost their origin to the point of no return! cheesy
Can anyone recognize his own lineage again after thousands of years that they've scattered?
How are they going to know their tribes?

My friend keep waiting for another Messiah.

Jesus of Nazareth said Israel is NO MORE because God can and will raise children for Abraham from other nations to rule with him (the authentic Messiah they rejected)

So keep waiting! cheesy

Jesus is a Roman creation... That much is obvious.. The Messiah the prophet spoke about is a man like me and you.. Not a demi God..
There is already a solution to the problem of sin in 2nd Chronicles 7 :14,so the Messiah is not coming to die for sin.. God never authorise such absurdities.. Human sacrifice is an abomination ad e abhors it..
The eating of the flesh and drinking the blood of a demi God is paganism and has no bearing in the old testament...

I gave you that, so that you can at least do your own independent research...
Re: God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

Jesus is a Roman creation... That much is obvious.. The Messiah the prophet spoke about is a man like me and you.. Not a demi God..
There is already a solution to the problem of sin in 2nd Chronicles 7 :14,so the Messiah is not coming to die for sin.. God never authorise such absurdities.. Human sacrifice is an abomination ad e abhors it..
The eating of the flesh and drinking the blood of a demi God is paganism and has no bearing in the old testament...

I gave you that, so that you can at least do your own independent research...

I have heard you! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues / Fresh Fire / Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.