Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes (48075 Views)

Penile Erection Beyond 30 Minutes Is Harmful To Men - Expert / Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks / Prostitute Returns To Work 30 Minutes After Giving Birth In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by chloedogie(m): 11:57am On Mar 16, 2020
milehigh06:

A bowl of salad would have cured this a long time ago
So funny a country with a higher mortality rate...less older people and extremely high poverty rate wouod think they are healthier than those with better medical facilities
Keep deceiving yourselves

We are talking immunity here to diseases. My uncle died of malaria 3 years ago when he came in from Arizona. He didn't survive common malaria. I had malaria last week and decided not to treat it with any pill. My wife(being a doctor insisted I took some pills I declined). all I did was to eat more of fruits and took more water. Guess what, baba is hale, hearty and better now firing on 6 cylinders. We and westerners are not on the same level when it comes to immunity. Forget oyinbo paparazzi you watch in movies. Most of my white collegues at work spend extra to stay healthy. You think being black is just by colour? Go and speak with biologist they will school you properly on what runs inside the black man gene.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by AngelicBeing: 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2020
sassysure:

U are not right dear.
In the west, junk food is the order of the day.
More than half of them don't cook.
Go to front page and see where explorers posted pictures of what people from the west stock piled due to panic buying.
Nigerians won't look at them twice.
We eat organic and well cooked food not processed food that's bad for the heart and body.
U know nothing about how these people eat.
Don't let the media deceive you.
And don't have to eat one egg a day to be healthy. I personally eat egg like 10 or less in a year.
Some people are allergic to egg.
Some, don't eat it cos they are vegetarian.
Some are advised not to eat it by their Drs.

If.u eat Nigerian soap and swallow.
U are automatically eating a balanced meal without knowing that which most of us eat daily.

Well said kiss
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by spayor(m): 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2020
fairfora:
I don't see this as spreading panic. In the west, people take care of themselves very well. Hardly would you see a man or woman who doesn't have a doctor or who doesn't go for check ups and maybe that's why the number of deaths is so minimal. Their immune system is much stronger than many Nigerians who hardly have access to 3 square meals daily. Most of Nigerians do not maintain a balanced diet and not because they can't but there's no money...poverty level is much. Many don't even know their health history. If you eat well, your immune system would receive a boost and not eating eba without meat and rich soup in the morning, fufu in the night or bread with a bottle of coke later. somebody in that category would have weak immune system no doubt. The free radicals we are exposed to in Lagos alone is enough to weaken immune system and many of us dont take haematinics. How many Nigerians eat one egg daily , not to talk of eating enough fruits?
Bros oh.... with all there immune system and good food blablabla...Dem still dey die like fowl...but here in Africa where we no dey eat well according to you, our immune dey poor...still the virus no fit spread....once God dey ur side, Bleep all the immune blablabla and food rubbish
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Ikutomtom: 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2020
this is a wake up call to the world
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by safarigirl(f): 12:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
johnmattew:
u think garri and fufu are the reasons for the prevention of coronavirus??.....u should be lucky flu doesn't thrive in hot weather.thay aside, coronavirus most kill old people and people with low immunity

So, you know immunity has something to do with it, but you want to bag on what people in Lagos are eating, as if food isn't part of what boosts immunity.

Nothing more disgusting than when black people feel the need to denigrate themselves just to elevate their white masters.

Lagos is not the only city in Nigeria, and just because you're eating rubbish, does not mean everyone else is eating rubbish with you.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Jaqenhghar: 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

You are still missing the crux of my submission (or maybe sidestepping it)...

Why do they choose to continuously lay emphasis on the negatives??! Even when they know the near irreversible harm it is doing to the world economy??!...
Bro. What are those negatives? Be specific. What do you want them to say? That there is no disease? Or say sy something like 'there is Corona virus but only people with underlying conditions die from it. For that reason dont panic, dont sweat, dont take any precaution... its just one of those things"
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by IyfeNamikaze(m): 1:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
fairfora:
I don't see this as spreading panic. In the west, people take care of themselves very well. Hardly would you see a man or woman who doesn't have a doctor or who doesn't go for check ups and maybe that's why the number of deaths is so minimal. Their immune system is much stronger than many Nigerians who hardly have access to 3 square meals daily. Most of Nigerians do not maintain a balanced diet and not because they can't but there's no money...poverty level is much. Many don't even know their health history. If you eat well, your immune system would receive a boost and not eating eba without meat and rich soup in the morning, fufu in the night or bread with a bottle of coke later. somebody in that category would have weak immune system no doubt. The free radicals we are exposed to in Lagos alone is enough to weaken immune system and many of us dont take haematinics. How many Nigerians eat one egg daily , not to talk of eating enough fruits?

Here is the most intelligent rubbish on Nairaland this morning
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Angelfrost(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Bro. What are those negatives? Be specific. What do you want them to say? That there is no disease? Or say sy something like 'there is Corona virus but only people with underlying conditions die from it. For that reason dont panic, dont sweat, dont take any precaution... its just one of those things"

Chief, they are trained professionals in this business of journalism (at least most of them are)...

Allaying fears and defusing panic are part of their stock in trade... Same with initiating and exacerbating them.
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Jaqenhghar: 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

Chief, they are trained professionals in this business of journalism (at least most of them are)...

Allaying fears and defusing panic are part of their stock in trade... Same with initiating and exacerbating them.
Journalists are suppose to relay facts as it is. Not diffuse your fears. You cant blame them for the irrational behaviour of some people. If you dont like the truth you also have the option of not reading, watching, or listening to them. If you think they are lying or exaggerating the truth in any way you also have the choice of carrying on as if all is well
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
spayor:
Bros oh.... with all there immune system and good food blablabla...Dem still dey die like fowl...but here in Africa where we no dey eat well according to you, our immune dey poor...still the virus no fit spread....once God dey ur side, Bleep all the immune blablabla and food rubbish
. Queen of England has witnessed up to 3 generations of nigerian kings, igwes, emirs president, governors most of who are now late. Have you ever wondered why herself and husband are still standing straight in their 90s? You can only find their likes nowadays in our villages.

What's life expectancy in Nigeria compared to what's obtainable in the west? Come to africa, or Nigeria, the list plenti. I decided to use the aforementioned public figures as examples because at least, we can easily recognize them. In the olden days, what our forefathers ate are not reckoned with anymore. Our forefathers would drink natural water, eat fresh fruits,fresh vegetables, fresh Bush meat etc but all these are lacking nowadays. Our sewage system isn't properly managed, there's pollution here and there whereas in the west, they still observe all our forefathers did observe in their time.

In the west, ordinary fresh fruit juice they'd add vitamins and minerals into it. Water they drink has minerals in it. Do we have access to all that back home mainly in the cities? Ordinary malaria would take forever to treat. How many of us eat balanced diet in Nigeria?
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Edusouls(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
The anger of the lord is upon us, we don overdose sin, we have to pray for mercy
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Eddy000: 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2020
fairfora:
. Queen of England has witnessed up to 3 generations of nigerian kings, igwes, emirs president, governors most of who are now late. Have you ever wondered why herself and husband are still standing straight in their 90s? You can only find their likes nowadays in our villages.

What's life expectancy in Nigeria compared to what's obtainable in the west? Come to africa, or Nigeria, the list plenti. I decided to use the aforementioned public figures as examples because at least, we can easily recognize them. In the olden days, what our forefathers ate are not reckoned with anymore. Our forefathers would drink natural water, eat fresh fruits,fresh vegetables, fresh Bush meat etc but all these are lacking nowadays. Our sewage system isn't properly managed, there's pollution here and there whereas in the west, they still observe all our forefathers did observe in their time.

In the west, ordinary fresh fruit juice they'd add vitamins and minerals into it. Water they drink has minerals in it. Do we have access to all that back home mainly in the cities? Ordinary malaria would take forever to treat. How many of us eat balanced diet in Nigeria?
Bro, having read through your submissions, I noticed you keep making the same mistake which is confusing strong Immunity with being healthy... they aren't the same...a man who hasn't had his bath for years has a stronger immunity than an healthy man...between the two, the former has a higher chance of surviving a viral disease even in his unhealthy state because his body is used to frequent attacks by germs and has become immuned as result. But the healthy man whose body seldom get attacked because he lives in a germ-free condition will find it hard contending with virus as he is not accustomed to being attacked.
Also, using life expectancy as basis for strong immunity is a flawed logic. Life expectancy is largely dependent on the environment in which a person lives. Of course it is no rocket science that a person living in an almost germ free environment is expected to live longer than one who has to battle with different kind of germs in his environment everyday. But that doesn't imply the later has lesser immunity, rather it is the opposite.
To truly know who has a stronger immunity, put both of them in the same germ packed environment and see who lives longer...the answer is obvious.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Legendguru: 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2020
it is well
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by djon78(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2020
fairfora:

Abeg the queen is highly protected and taken care of health wise.
Just like Buhari is protected health wise, if he was not given the best medicare as a president or if he was still an ordinary man, he would have died.

As for your summation, my father's elder brother is 92, still strong healthy. Do you know the number of elderly people we have in Nigeria.
Akintola Williams is 99 or 100 this year.
Pastor Paul Adefarasins mum is around 94 or 95 this year. We have many extremely old people around this nation.

Westerners don't have good immune system up to our own. I always read in the news how they suffer stroke and immediately die. But here I have seen countless people that suffer stroke, survive and still continue with there normal lifes.

If the westerners are exposed to the kind of harsh conditions we have here. They won't live up to 40 years.
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by orble: 4:03am On Mar 17, 2020
fairfora:

I will tell you that your assertions are flawed and fill with heresies.

Common mosquito will kill a white man.

This is absolute foolishness and self hating!

Remember....
"germs no dey kill Africa" except Africans lik you. Who based their diet on whiteman's.
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by orble: 4:14am On Mar 17, 2020
fairfora:

That your forefathers were still called poor... no health system... no organised society... diseased infested place... live on trees... have no clothing tech...

White man invented and taught him: Governance, Health care, nutrition, building technology, music, language, even life...
Infact, whiteman created the earth for the blackman to live ... according to people like you.

Nothing a black man will do that will be okay by the white... people like you are brainwashed to be self hating.
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by orble: 4:33am On Mar 17, 2020
omoharry:
Dont mind him with his slave mentality.The Italian man that brought the Virus to Nigerian, over two weeks ago, is still recovering and still has some virus left in his system while the second index case (A Nigerians) who contacted the virus from the Italian man was released within a within five days period after testing Negative to the virus.
So between the Italian man and the Nigerian man, who has stronger immune system to fight off the virus.Some people will just be talking anyhow becos they hate their skin.

God bless you, Don't mind the mumu self hater... See how he described our highly esteem food in derogatory manner. Somebody should warn that guy.
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 17, 2020
orble:

I will tell you that your assertions are flawed and fill with heresies.

Common mosquito will kill a white man.

This is absolute foolishness and self hating!

Remember....
"germs no dey kill Africa" except Africans lik you. Who based their diet on whiteman's.
learn about adaptation...same way a common flu or cold would kill a black man in the west. How many whites do we have in nigeria, being bitten by mosquitoes faily and yet, waxing strong? Its adaptation.
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 17, 2020
djon78:

Abeg the queen is highly protected and taken care of health wise.
Just like Buhari is protected health wise, if he was not given the best medicare as a president or if he was still an ordinary man, he would have died.

As for your summation, my father's elder brother is 92, still strong healthy. Do you know the number of elderly people we have in Nigeria.
Akintola Williams is 99 or 100 this year.
Pastor Paul Adefarasins mum is around 94 or 95 this year. We have many extremely old people around this nation.

Westerners don't have good immune system up to our own. I always read in the news how they suffer stroke and immediately die. But here I have seen countless people that suffer stroke, survive and still continue with there normal lifes.

If the westerners are exposed to the kind of harsh conditions we have here. They won't live up to 40 years.
harsh condition you said? Go to the Niger delta and see the same whites working at the rig. Travel on our highways and see them sweating under their helmet at construction sites. They get bitten by mosquitoes but still standing strong, It's all about adaptation. The white man who's not adapted to our harsh system could die same way a black man who's not adapted to their harsh cold over there could die.
Re: Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes by spayor(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2020
fairfora:

you have some valid points....still, here in Nigeria there are many aged people...also have you wondered why most of all these their diseases don't easily spread in Africa?...,even with our poor diet and environment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recent Pictures Of The Nairalander That Got Burnt While Using A Pressure Cooker / Coronavirus: Share Your Experience Staying At Home / My Coronavirus Panic Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.