Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,748 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. (94378 Views)

Humility: Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed Kneels To Greet The President Of Nigeria, BAT / Oshiomhole Accident In Benin: The Damaged SUV Conveying Ex Governor / Obasanjo Kneels To Greet The Next Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by macof(m): 12:45am On Mar 18, 2020
Louisboy22:
u are very right, Imadodowa that's what yoruba call Ododowa was a bini prince from the last ogiso who was banished from bini went to settle at Ife present day Oyo state and give birth to many children including Oranmiyan after the death of the last Ogiso, Igiemew was put at the king but some bini was not happy because Igiemew was not royal blood, Oliya mobilize people to find the banished prince that's Imadodowa was now at Ife at a king so after many years of searching they finally find him at Ife but they couldn't convince him to come back to bini because he was too old to trek back to bini so he had to send he song Oranmiyan to bini

Nonsense. This story has been trashed multiple times. No matter how many times you say it, it won't magically turn to history

6 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 2:58am On Mar 18, 2020
TAO11:

I'm not sure why I got banned yesterday for my exchange with you. I need to pay careful attention to such trend, especially when engaging you. Someone seem to be dead-scared of what I will say next. Lol.

Having said that, your logic appears to be a very interesting one, and it is as follows:

(1) You seem to believe that Benin kingdom once achieved some imperial status.

(2) The expert/academic submissions I had put forward states unequivocally that the kings of Benin kingdom paid homage to Ile-Ife, and that they (i.e. the kings of Benin kingdom) regard Ile-Ife kings as their spiritual overlords.

(3) Yet from these two foregoing premises, your conclusion is that Ile-Ife/its kings were never imperial.

Isn't your syllogistic conclusion laughable, or at least interesting? cheesy

May be everyone should "reason" along with you from your "logical" deduction, and then come to your conclusion that:

Yes, Ile-Ife was not imperial, but super-imperial (if there is any such compound term). cheesy grin

cc: Sewgon79

You are indeed funny.. you saw a sentence in one document that said Benin kings paid homage to Ife kings and you are jubilating. keep it up.
I won’t argue Benin’s Greatness and Might with you because you already know that.

I’m only wondering why u are praising small Ife instead of Oyo.. in your small mind was Ife imperial to Oyo too?
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by orisa37: 5:18am On Mar 18, 2020
THIS BENI TRADITION IS GOOD CULTURE.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Sewgon79(m): 6:28am On Mar 18, 2020
davidnazee:

You are indeed funny.. you saw a sentence in one document that said Benin kings paid homage to Ife kings and you are jubilating. keep it up.
I won’t argue Benin’s Greatness and Might with you because you already know that.

I’m only wondering why u are praising small Ife instead of Oyo.. in your small mind was Ife imperial to Oyo too?

Ifè gave birth to Oyo and all the Yoruba First class town including Ilé Ibinu

3 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Sewgon79(m): 8:11am On Mar 18, 2020
davidnazee:

Problem with Yorubas is because many of their their Obas are always being embarrassed and disgraced and dethroned for the past hundreds of years till date they think Oba of Benin can be treated like that lol.

Stop deceiving yourself. Oba of Benin was once dethrone and banished to calabar. Yes google it, you will see it there.

It is only Oonirisa that have never been dethrone before and I say it, nobody can.

2 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Sewgon79(m): 8:18am On Mar 18, 2020
Meninmen:

You gave example of Kano. Kano is not Benin. They select their Emir from a list of candidates from the ruling houses. Benin doesn't operate that system. Like I told you b4, the next oba of Benin is the first son of the current oba. The oba of Benin is by birth. No governor can change that. It is not based on the whims and caprices of a sitting governor. The oba of Benin is the only first class king that is crowned this way (by birth), I stand to be corrected though.

Point of correction, it is not only Ọba of Benin, even Elegushi rule by every first born

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Sewgon79(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2020
Meninmen:

I don't like when people take arguments and expand it. Nobody is talking about not getting along with the governor. We are saying as it stands today, the Edo state governor can't dethrone the Oba of Benin whether they get along or not. The best the governor can do is to stop some funds going to the palace (not budgetary allocations)

Now, you talk about governor paying the oba. You must understand that the palace gets budgetary allocations every year and once a budget is passed, it becomes law to be obeyed.

Let's even assumes the governor stops allocation to the palace, I can tell you the oba can survive and run the palace expenses without breaking a sweat.

You said state governors can do what ever they like. You are right to some extent, but I can tell you that for the Edo state governor to dethrone the oba, it means, the law will have to be reviewed by the state house of Assembly, and I can tell you that will be a tall order.

You gave example of Kano. Kano is not Benin. They select their Emir from a list of candidates from the ruling houses. Benin doesn't operate that system. Like I told you b4, the next oba of Benin is the first son of the current oba. The oba of Benin is by birth. No governor can change that. It is not based on the whims and caprices of a sitting governor. The oba of Benin is the only first class king that is crowned this way (by birth), I stand to be corrected though.

So, leave what happened in Kano and what happens else where. I am from Edo State, though not Bini by tribe. I am Esan (Ishan). Binis don't play with their Oba.

Law or no law sef, dem never born the governor to dethrone the oba of Benin. Don't know why I am having this argument with you sef

Why is it that, you guys use ỌBA for your KING, less I forget ọba is YORUBA name for King. It shows you guys inherit our tradition and KINGSHIP STYLE through ORANMIYAN.

Secondly, do you realise that OONIRISA was recognised as Imperial Monarch by Carribean countries, Cuba, Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, etc

They even recognised OONIRISA as their King and Spiritual Leader.

Make una tell these village people that in Ife, world leaders prostrate for Ooni.

Obasanjo
Brazilian Ambassador
Cuban Ambassador

Una take ordinary Governor kneel as some achievement. mmmmtchhheewww.....

I am waiting for how many country that recognise your Ọba.

Why is that it is only your King that is using Ọba in your locality. It shows where you get that name from.

2 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Sewgon79:

Point of correction, it is not only Ọba of Benin, even Elegushi rule by every first born

Lol. Who is elegushi? Read and understand b4 replying. I said the oba of benin is the only first class king that inherits the throne by Birth. Is Elegushi a first class king?

Oba of Benin, The Emir of Kano, Sultan of sokoto, Obi of Onitsha, ooni of ife, Alaafin of oyo, etc are the first class Kings I know.

Who be Elegushi?

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 18, 2020
Sewgon79:

Why is it that, you guys use ỌBA for your KING, less I forget ọba is YORUBA name for King. It shows you guys inherit our tradition and KINGSHIP STYLE through ORANMIYAN.

Secondly, do you realise that OONIRISA was recognised as Imperial Monarch by Carribean countries, Cuba, Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, etc

They even recognised OONIRISA as their King and Spiritual Leader.

Make una tell these village people that in Ife, world leaders prostrate for Ooni.

Obasanjo
Brazilian Ambassador
Cuban Ambassador

Una take ordinary Governor kneel as some achievement. mmmmtchhheewww.....

I am waiting for how many country that recognise your Ọba.

Why is that it is only your King that is using Ọba in your locality. It shows where you get that name from.

Talking thrash!

Oba is an Edo word meaning "ruler". Go and ask read how the Binis founded Lagos? Do you know why Lagos is called " Eko"?

You talk of oonirisa, and world leaders prostrate for ooni bla bla bla.

You know nothing. Is it not Ooni that they appoint like a political appointee? Come to Bini and see tradition. Nobody appoints the oba of Benin. He is Oba because his is the first son of a previous oba. No governor or king maker can change it.

Oba of Lagos is appointed by the Lagos governor. In fact, the current oba of Lagos is a boy to Tinubu.

The ooni of ife Is appointed from a ruling house that is based on political considerations. The governor can jettison the choice of the king makers and appoint his choice. Same with the Alaafin of Oyo.

Please, when people talk of real monarchy, you people Should keep quite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Ruby5: 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
Sewgon79:

Stop deceiving yourself. Oba of Benin was once dethrone and banished to calabar. Yes google it, you will see it there.

It is only Oonirisa that have never been dethrone before and I say it, nobody can.

You are not well informed, the Oba of Benin lost a war against britain, and got exiled to calabar by the british victors.
He didn't get dethroned.
Any government can lose power after losing a war, the nigerian government, the usa government, the british government...
Some people in the media are having you guys confuse losing a war with being dethroned by a governor in the nigerian set up.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by abeeee(m): 1:51am On Mar 19, 2020
When the last oba died and was to be buried in 2016 it was said that nobody should where caps in Benin Bross I think say tradition done pass

Nobody flaunted the other all our lectures in uniben then complied even those aboki for ring ring road and mission road comply

If they ristrict movement for any traditional propose nobody dears disobey

If you wan know how much they reverence their oba enter ring road or new Benin and say foul against the oba .......them go cut your head nothing go happen

I repeat nothing go happen

Nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
ghostwon:

You are not well informed, the Oba of Benin lost a war against britain, and got exiled to calabar by the british victors.
He didn't get dethroned.
Any government can lose power after losing a war, the nigerian government, the usa government, the british government...
Some people in the media are having you guys confuse losing a war with being dethroned by a governor in the nigerian set up.

Hahaha grin See the amount of gymnastics on top the ineffectual damage control.

More like someone who says:

"I wasn't removed as the senior prefect of the school, I was only expelled from the school." cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2020
ghostwon:

He didn't get dethroned.

First of all, the British engaged in what historians called a punitive expedition (assuming now that you understand how this term contrasts with actual warfare between contenders). grin

History books call it The Benin Massacre for a reason (assuming now that you understand what the term massacre means).

So, stop lying to yourself (and yet believing it) that Benin contended in warfare with the British troops.

No! It was as the case of IPOB being on the verge of extermination, and at the mercy of The Nigerian Army.

Benin was at the time being "punished" for its attrocities committed against some non-combatant representatives of the British.

The Oba had learnt that he was to be sentenced to death by hanging. He thus ran for dear life to seek refuge in the thicket of the forest.

He remained there for months to come, while all life (and non-life) in his town was about to be wiped off forever.

The Oba came out of hiding months later to formally surrender, upon which he was exiled from his own town despite his intense pleading.

The same British government immediately appointed the Obaseki to continue acting as the Oba of Benin immediately following Ovanramwen's banishment.

How else should Ovanramwen have been dethroned by the British government? grin

If the 1897 "punitive expedition" against Benin had happened in our modern times, the British would have been charged for genocide/crime against humanity.

In sum, stop painting a false picture as though Benin was contending in some warfare with the British in 1897.

No, that would be a completely deluded and insanely idiotic conclusion to make from the glaring history.

Take care of yourself emotional boy. I understand how you feel. I have been there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 4:36am On Mar 20, 2020
TAO11:

First of all, the British engaged in what historians called a punitive expedition (assuming now that you understand how this term contrasts with actual warfare between contenders). grin

History books call it The Benin Massacre for a reason (assuming now that you understand what the term massacre means).

So, stop lying to yourself (and yet believing it) that Benin contended in warfare with the British troops.

No! It was as the case of IPOB being on the verge of extermination, and at the mercy of The Nigerian Army.

Benin was at the time being "punished" for its attrocities committed against some non-combatant representatives of the British.

The Oba had learnt that he was to be sentenced to death by hanging. He thus ran for dear life to seek refuge in the thicket of the forest.

He remained there for months to come, while all life (and non-life) in his town was about to be wiped off forever.

The Oba came out of hiding months later to formally surrender, upon which he was exiled from his own town despite his intense pleading.

The same British government immediately appointed the Obaseki to continue acting as the Oba of Benin immediately following Ovanramwen's banishment.

How elso should Ovanramwen have been dethroned by the British government? grin

If the 1897 "punitive expedition" against Benin had happened in our modern times, the British would have been charged for genocide/crime against humanity.

In sum, stop painting a false picture as though Benin was contending in some warfare with the British in 1897.

No, that would be a completely deluded and insanely idiotic conclusion to make from the glaring history.

Take care of yourself emotional boy. I understand how you feel. I have been there.

You really have no brain.
You obviously don’t know why it was called Benin Massacre or what Massacre it refers to.
The name Benin Massacre describes the massacre of the British forces (captain Phillip and his soldiers) that tried to enter Benin despite being warned not to..
The Benin Massacre was what lead to the British punitive expedition and it was indeed a war.. The British acknowledged it so. Naming it punitive expedition doesn’t mean it’s not a war.

So before you spend your time writing long rubbish try to get your facts right and have understanding.. or better still, use your time to mastubatee and leave Benin alone. You can’t change history.
If you want to be excited I can tell u stories of Benin’s many wars in Yorubaland.. our many conquests and enslavement of Yorubas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Dedetwo(m): 4:50am On Mar 20, 2020
What was known as Oba of Benin ended in 1897. Whatever comes today is a complete fake. The Obas and Emirs were discarded when British showed up.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 5:05am On Mar 20, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]You really have no brain.
You obviously don’t know why it was called Benin Massacre or what Massacre it refers to.
The name Benin Massacre describes the massacre of the British forces (captain Phillip and his soldiers) that tried to enter Benin despite being warned not to..
The Benin Massacre was what lead to the British punitive expedition and it was indeed a war.. The British acknowledged it so. Naming it punitive expedition doesn’t mean it’s not a war.

So before you spend your time writing long rubbish try to get your facts right and have understanding.. or better still, use your time to mastubatee and leave Benin alone. You can’t change history.
If you want to be excited I can tell u stories of Benin’s many wars in Yorubaland.. our many conquests and enslavement of Yorubas.[/s]

You're simply too dumb to be alive.

Anyway, refer to the words in the attachement below perhaps you may be resuscitated. grin

It is made clear in the attached, just as I have mentioned earlier, that the The Benin Massacre is one and the same thing as the Punitive Expedition.

I guess you're so pained now. Lol.

Yes, you may first tell me about why the kings of Benin kingdom pay homage to Ile-Ife, and why they regard the kings of Ile-Ife as their overlord. grin

Hide your face in shame!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by DabuIIIT: 10:57am On Mar 20, 2020
HAKYN1:

Oranmiyan left Benin for Oyo after establishing Ile Ibinu, that is Oba of Benin is a son to Alaafin

What about the one that fell yakata from the sky?

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
TAO11:

You're simply too dumb to be alive.

Anyway, refer to the words in the attachement below perhaps you may be resuscitated. grin

It is made clear in the attached, just as I have mentioned earlier, that the The Benin Massacre is one and the same thing as the Punitive Expedition.

I guess you're so pained now. Lol.

Yes, you may first tell me about why the kings of Benin kingdom pay homage to Ile-Ife, and why they regard the kings of Ile-Ife as their overlord. grin

Hide your face in shame!

Mugu mugu.. u are dumb sha. I’m only pained at ur stupidity.. u claim to be educated but just a simple research u cannot do to get your facts right... people like you are irritants.

Try do a proper search on google if u know how to. Maybe u will find the true account of the event written by the only British survivor of that massacre.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
davidnazee:

Mugu mugu.. u are dumb sha. I’m only pained at ur stupidity.. u claim to be educated but just a simple research u cannot do to get your facts right... people like you are irritants.

Lol. I already anticipated that you will come up with this Wikipedia source

Yes, I understand you're at the Wikipedia level "research", but that's not even the bigger problem.

The bigger problem is that even your Wikipedia source page, from where your anonymous webpage lifted has the correct definition in the very first lines at the top before it then contradicts itself many, many lines later.

So, your sickness is beyond just incompetence as per your amateurish/kindergarten level Wikipedia so-called research; your sickness is indeed more about the following:

1. The fact that you conveniently feigned blind and scrolled away from the very point that demolishes your sentiment right there and then on the Wikipedia source page your source was lifting from.

The foregoing is called lying to yourself and yet believing it.

2. The fact that at this stage of your life, you will perhaps be hearing it for the first time that Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia editable by the public.

This explains why it contains two contradictory information --- one that you dislike at the very opening lines. grin

3. The fact that your secondary source is unknown and anonymous and non-reputable.

4. The fact that anything on the internet, to you is, fact regrdless whether or not the source is authoritative, anonymous, or known.

3. The fact that I have to explain all these to you. Hold on! How old are you?

It becomes clear, at this point, that a fellow overzealous Benin lying maraduer like your low-life self must have edited in that last bit which not only contradicts the same Wikipedia source page from where he was lifting, but also contradicts every reputable available historical resources on the Benin Massacre.

For details, see the source Wikipedia page in the link below:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin_Expedition_of_1897

Also notice the opening lines, and the latter contradictory lines as shown in the two screenshots below.

I guess Arugba Stanley is the only Britush survivor you're reffering to.

Because all I see in your attachment is obviously a very dirty and yet poor edo-washing job for Benin kingdom on therabbitisin.com by him. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
TAO11:

Lol. I already anticipated that you will come up with this Wikipedia source

Yes, I understand you're at the Wikipedia level "research", but that's not even the bigger problem.

The bigger problem is that even your Wikipedia source page, from where your anonymous webpage lifted has the correct definition in the very first lines at the top before it then contradicts itself many, many lines later.

So, your sickness is beyond just incompetence as per your amateurish/kindergarten level Wikipedia so-called research; your sickness is indeed more about the following:

1. The fact that you conveniently feigned blind and scrolled away from the very point that demolishes your sentiment right there and then on the Wikipedia page you wish to share.

The foregoing is called lying to yourself and yet believing it.

2. The fact that at this stage of your life, you will be hearing it for the first time that Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia editable by the public.

This explains why it contains two contradictory information --- one that you dislike at the very opening lines. grin

3. The fact that I have to explain all these to you. Hold on! How old are you?

It becomes clear, at this point, that a fellow overzealous Benin lying maraduer like your low-life self must have edited in that last bit which not only contradicts the same Wikipedia page but also contradicts every available historical resources on the Benin Massacre.

For details, see the Wikipedia page in the link below:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin_Expedition_of_1897

Also notice the opening lines, and the latter contradictory lines as shown in the two screenshots below.

Lol.. see this foolish Yoruba boy.. You write about things u know nothing about. How are u able to even write such long essay full of nonsense.

You use Wikipedia as your reference yet u critize same Wikipedia?
If u believe Benin Massacre is the same thing as the punitive expedition that’s your choice, good for u.. I’m not trying to convince u, only educate u.
If it was an exam question that will save your life that’s how u will fail woefully.
I told u before, do a simple research maybe u will get some knowledge and understanding if u do. It is easy to see that you are not knowledgeable at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]Lol.. see this foolish Yoruba boy.. You write about things u know nothing about. How are u able to even write such long essay full of nonsense.

You use Wikipedia as your reference yet u critize same Wikipedia?
If u believe Benin Massacre is the same thing as the punitive expedition that’s your choice, good for u.. I’m not trying to convince u, only educate u.
If it was an exam question that will save your life that’s how u will fail woefully.
I told u before, do a simple research maybe u will get some knowledge and understanding if u do. It is easy to see that you are not knowledgeable at all.[/s]

1. No, I did not use Wikipedia as my reference.

2. No, I do not merely believe what I stated (with evidence) about The Benin Massacre --- i.e. that it is also known as The Punitive Expedition.

I know it as a fact just as every sane person, who knows even a bit about history.

3. You are yet to provide any reputable historical source which says that the punitive expedition is different from the Benin Massacre.

Note: By "reputable historical source" I obviously do not refer to Arugba Stanley of therabbitisin.com. grin cheesy

Please provide something dependable and meaningful. I am patiently waiting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Dedetwo(m): 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
davidnazee:

You really have no brain.

If you want to be excited I can tell u stories of Benin’s many wars in Yorubaland.. our many conquests and enslavement of Yorubas.

The few British contingent made up of civil servants were ambushed and murdered. There was nothing massacre about the coldblooded murder of few British contingent. The real Benin Massacre came during the British punitive expedition after the coldblooded murder of the British contingent that saw the sack of Benin where men, women, children, houses and so-called Oba Palace were burnt down. Even few shrines and deities did not escape the vexation of British Imperial army.

4 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
TAO11:

1. No, I did not use Wikipedia as my reference.

2. No, I do not merely believe what I stated (with evidence) about The Benin Massacre --- that is, also known as The Punitive Expedition.

I know it as a fact just as every sane person, who knows even a bit about history.

3. You are yet to provide any reputable historical source which says that the punitive expedition is different from the Benin Massacre.

Note: By "reputable historical source" I obviously do not refer to Arugba Sunday of therabbitisin.com. grin cheesy

Please provide something meaningful. I am patiently waiting.

You claim to be learned so you should be able to do a simple research yourself without coming up with only Wikipedia results.
The only thing I can tell you is that Benin Massacre refers to the killing of captain Philips and his troops and the Punitive expedition is the result of the massacre..

I’m actually surprised at your level of ignorance sha.. someone like u that have time to write long essays shouldn’t be this ignorant and dumb. I sorry for u.

Anyways go to google, type in the Benin Massacre and when results come up don’t just run to Wikipedia results but scroll down couple results you should find accurate details of the event..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
Dedetwo:

The few British contingent made up of civil servants were ambushed and murdered. There was nothing massacre about the coldblooded murder of few British contingent. The real Benin Massacre came during the British punitive expedition after the coldblooded murder of the British contingent that saw the sack of Benin where men, women, children, houses and so-called Oba Palace were burnt down. Even few shrines and deities did not escape the vexation of British Imperial army.

So your jealousy and envy of Benin as eaten into your brain now u are delusional.. u call armed British invaders civil servants? Captain is title for civil servants? sergeant is civil servants?
Run away boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]You claim to be learned so you should be able to do a simple research yourself without coming up with only Wikipedia results.[/s]

The only thing I can tell you is that Benin Massacre refers to the killing of captain Philips and his troops and the Punitive expedition is the result of the massacre.

[s]I’m actually surprised at your level of ignorance sha.. someone like u that have time to write long essays shouldn’t be this ignorant and dumb. I sorry for u.[/s]

Anyways go to google, type in the Benin Massacre and when results come up don’t just run to Wikipedia results but scroll down couple results you should find accurate details of the event.

First of all:
Nobody cares about what YOU particularly have to say. Rather, what any sane mind is interested in is what THE HISTORICAL SOURCES have to say.

And so far as I have since demonstrated from the outset (not from Wikipedia), The Benin Massacre is one and the same thing as The Punitive Expedition of 1897.

Secondly:
For the umpteenth time, I never adduced Wikipedia as my evidence.

Moreover, why are your so-called results from Google so difficult to post here as you often do? grin

All along you've been freely attaching screenshots, e.g. screenshot from Arugba Stanley of therabbitisin.com. grin

But all of a sudden your hands became too heavy that it cannot attach (or even reference) the very "google" result that will show the supposed "accurate details of the event". grin

The foregoing cheap excuse obviously sounds very familiar and typical.

Bye-bye.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
TAO11:

First of all:
Nobody cares about what YOU particularly have to say. Rather, what any sane mind is interested in is what THE HISTORICAL SOURCES have to say.

And so far as I have since demonstrated from the outset (not from Wikipedia), The Benin Massacre is one and the same thing as The Punitive Expedition of 1897.

Secondly:
For the umpteenth time, I never adduced Wikipedia as my evidence.

Moreover, why are your so-called results from Google so difficult to post here as you often do? grin

All along you've been freely attaching screenshots, e.g. screenshot from Arugba Sunday of therabbitisin.com. grin

But all of a sudden your hands became too heavy that it cannot attach (or even reference) the very "google" result that will show the supposed "accurate details of the event". grin

The foregoing cheap excuse obviously sounds very familiar and typical.

Bye-bye.

I won’t give u any reference because it’s obvious it won’t make any difference to u especially as you don’t even know how the name “Benin Massacre” came about.
FYI “Benin Massacre” is title of the book written by the survivor from captain Philips crew. That’s when that name was first used, he wrote a book describing the events of that day. He was the one that named that event Benin Massacre and since then people like you confuse it to mean the punitive expedition.

If you are wise you will know that the British will never use the term “Massacre” to describe any of their atrocities in Africa.

Anyways like I said earlier, you are dumb and won’t understand so bye little boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
davidnazee:

I won’t give u any reference because it’s obvious it won’t make any difference to u especially as you don’t even know how the name “Benin Massacre” came about.

FYI “Benin Massacre” is title of the book written by the survivor from captain Philips crew. [That’s when that name was first used, he wrote a book describing the events of that day. He was the one that named that event Benin Massacre and since then people like you confuse it to mean the punitive expedition.

Anyways like I said earlier, you are dumb and won’t understand so bye little boy.

First of all:
I knew all along that you won't provide any reference to buttress your imagination that the Benin Massacre is something different from the Punitive Expedition of 1897.

You know how I know this? Because there is no such reference anywhere in historical sources ... oh ... except from Arugba Stanley's blog post. grin

I knew you will only be ingenious with familiar and typical cheap excuses as I have seen the trend began in your prior comment. Lol.

Secondly: No one is asking you to explain where the term was first used or who first used it.

No, that's the kind of distraction that a loser will typically bring up and cling to just to veil his loss and console himself.

No, the issue here is about what the term means.

And as I have demonstrated from the outset with evidence, the Benin Massacre is one and the same thing as the Punitive Expedition of 1897.

I wish you all the best in your ongoing battle with reality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
It's been some time that I've been hoping to create a quite detailed academic thread on the primacy and the imperial might of ancient Ife in the West Africa region.

People generally tend to over-focus their attention solely on Oyo and Benin kingdoms, thus often ignoring the fact that before these two kingdoms attained "imperial" status (or even before they were founded), the West African region had a military, economic, artistic, and religious advanced super power --- Ife.

In fact, the insult gets more worrissom when some even dare to ask who is greater Ooni or Alaafin? Some even ask Ooni or Oba of Benin?

It's no more than asking which is brighter: a sunny day or a moonless night?

These unfortunate comparisons pop-up on Nairaland, I think because, most discussions about ancient Ife almost always centers around the mythical aspects only with little or no academic substantiation.

It's hightime amateurish non-acadamic pseudo-historical narratives are dropped for good, and history is presented as it was, and as is been preserved in extant historical sources.

Someone should please guide me with a simple step-by-step procedure to creating a thread.This topic is long overdue.

I am obviously not very savvy with interacting with this platform.

Thanks!

cc:
Olu317
Obalufon
ImperialYoruba
Sewgon79
2fine2fast
Amujale

gregyboy
ghostwon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Amujale(m): 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
dietola01:
Popular social media enthusiast, Tunde Ednut has stated that in Benin city, Edo state, governors kneels to greet the king but in other kingdoms, the king shivers before the governor.

Speaking in an Instagram post, Ednut shared a photo of Governor Godwin Obaseki kneeling before Oba of Benin...

Civilisation begins in Africa.

Firstly the Office of the Kingdom is always ranked higher than any individual.

Governor Obaseki seems to be exhibiting a great amount of attentiveness and decorum.

Given that historically, the Royal Office ranks higher than any civilian administrative office that maybe out there, then its only fair for the Governor to show the necessary respect to ensure the protection and as well stand out as a beacon to the rest of the continent.

Governor Obaseki is correct, the Royal Office is due these type of respect coming out of the civil service.

Secondly, eventhough Governor Obaseki is absolutely correct with his actions to repecting the Royal Office, his actions could aswell be interpreted as humbleness.

Furthermore, let such act as a reminder to Governor Obaseki as he reminds his colleaugues who it is that they are meant to serve.

2 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
TAO11:

First of all:
I knew all along that you won't provide any reference to buttress your imagination that the Benin Massacre is something different from the Punitive Expedition of 1897.

You know how I know this? Because there is no such reference anywhere in historical sources ... oh ... except from Arugba Stanley's blog post. grin

I knew you will only be ingenious with familiar and typical cheap excuses as I have seen the trend began in your prior comment. Lol.

Secondly: No one is asking you to explain where the term was first used or who first used it.

No, that's the kind of distraction that a loser will typically bring up and cling to just to veil his loss and console himself.

No, the issue here is about what the term means.

And as I have demonstrated from the outset with evidence, the Benin Massacre is one and the same thing as the Punitive Expedition of 1897.

I wish you all the best in your ongoing battle with reality.

Since u like giving references why don’t u give a reference or show any academic work or documentations that says the Benin Massacre and the Benin punitive expedition is the same thing. show just one and then maybe I will give u the many references that u so desire.
they are 2 different events that are related (one led to the other)..
The massacre that was referred to in Benin Massacre is the massacre of captain Phillip and his entourage and this led to the Punitive Expedition.. But u too dumb to understand..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

"Lagos Is For Peter Obi" Banner Removed - Photos / Stranded Lagosians As President Buhari Visits Lagos (More Photos) / Complete Names Of 21 Ministerial Nominees Read By Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.