Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) (32004 Views)

Bigger Cargoes To Berth At Onitsha Port Soon – FG / Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) / Reno Omokri Searching For Onitsha Trader Whose Shop Was Burnt In The Market Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by FuckThaMod: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2020
fk002:
IPOB fight wetin concern me grin cheesy
E no concern you but yet you dey the thread dey spy with envy heart and also commenting. Mumu

1 Like

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Saintly01(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Anambralstson:

Outside Lagos built by all
Every other states in West trying to compete with Anambra, imagine this Dodomayana also trying to compare Ondo that's on life line with Itshekiri oil, a state that can't compete with Nnewi in industrialization and commerce grin grin waiting Musa no go see for gate
Hahahahahaha
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by ibietela2(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Urchman200:
ke ihe wu nsogbu gi gbasara onitcha sea port? O na ewem iwe ifu ebe ndi kporo onweha ndi igbo nemere onweha anya ufu ,biko wether onitcha or Aba owu ofu ife biko, ndi igbo biko fuwanu onwunu na anya biko.

His real name here is "Arrewa" he resides in the East

The Arrewa guy here is controlling these nairaland accounts

Arrewa

Abia1stboy

okpalaAnambra
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Mutemenot(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2020
ejanla077:

Shey amanda na una governor babe?

Error... meant anambra
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by colestephan86: 10:01am On Mar 19, 2020
celeiyke:
They should re-position the port, The positioning didn't consider second Niger bridge
And your parent call you leader of tomorrow , with this your level of reasoning.
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by AmeLonRo(m): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2020
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Anambralstson: 10:06am On Mar 19, 2020
johnpablo541:

Why post a picture from the USA to prove your point, that's very misleading
How is it misleading that I show barges with cargos? Once the port is concessionalize and place as port of final destination, that how cargo barges will be bringing containers to the Port from nearby ports close to the sea, until it fully dredged, Julius Berger has been making use of Onitsha port bringing their cargoes for second niger bridge.

Below is Onitsha port complex and some of the containers JB brought, when they were about to start second niger bridge project, I took the pictures myself and they are still using the port, their construction yard is actually located inside Onitsha port complex, Julius Berger once had meeting with Southeast business community in Nnewi informed them they can assist them to bring In their cargos from any part of the world only if FG will place Onitsha port as port of final destination

5 Likes

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 10:10am On Mar 19, 2020
Ayo8:
Who will sail a river barge laden with million $$ goods through the dangerous creeks of niger-delta..??
Na wa for you o!

So Eastern ports should be abandoned because of insecurity?

So there is no remedy?

2 Likes

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 10:11am On Mar 19, 2020
Anambralstson:

How is it misleading that I show barges with cargos? Once the port is concessionalize and place as port of final destination, that how cargo barges will be bringing containers to the Port from nearby ports close to the sea, until it fully dredged, Julius Berger has been making use of Onitsha port bringing their cargoes for second niger bridge

Below is Onitsha port complex and some of the containers JB brought, when they were about to start second niger bridge project, I took the pictures myself and they are still using the port, their construction yard is actually located inside Onitsha port complex, Julius Berger once had met with Southeast business community in Nnewi informed them they can assist them to bring In their cargos from any part of the world only if FG will place Onitsha port as port of final destination
Thank you for this information... nwanne madu

2 Likes

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Anambralstson: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Focus on Calabar port and waste the resources spent on Onitsha Port

You should rather talk about dredging the River to contain large vessels.

But the vessels you showed have small draft. When and if they allow that port to be operational, River Niger has to be dredged. You should talk about dredging the River Niger, which hasn't benefitted Nigeria much due to rapids/cataracts/sand bars that impede navigation.
I doubt if Nigeria government are ready to spend the money to dredge River Niger except the day Igbo man become the President of Nigeria or when Nigeria Cease to exist , let be using barges for now till then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by pasol4real(m): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

I won't insult u son, because you have no sense oo...and sure u did not go to the university of not u will understand better,... A dry river like that one can't contain large vessels, coconut head..u think say na canoe ? Or flying boat..lol
The guy has shown u repeatedly, pictures of vessels using the onitsha port, yet you keep talking trash.
U are the coconut head here.

4 Likes

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by jacoik(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Obdk:
For you to understand everything that the onitsha river port need you need to research extensively on the following rivers
Forcadoes river
Nun river
Brass river

They are rivers through which the river niger emptied into the Atlantic ocean...

This means that any ship coming into the river niger to onitsha up to d source of the Niger must pass through one of the listed rivers above..

Before you reason the two Niger bridge, except they wamt to use really small badges..
I don't really understand you bro, do you mean that those rivers you mentioned is bigger than onitsha river and also Julius Berger has been working in that environment for long and they move big vasels through the river. Do you mean that the kind of ship that barge in Lagos can't do likewise in onitsha after dredging?

1 Like

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by WildChild00(m): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

we will be travelling to the Port of Antwerp for due diligence. all to travel to Belgium to waste public money

Thief shocked
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by McTobe(m): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2020
I agree with you. That will part that is existing presently should be the annex, the main port should be between the two bridges
celeiyke:
They should re-position the port, The positioning didn't consider second Niger bridge
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:39am On Mar 19, 2020
WildChild00:

Thief shocked

zombie

you evil pay lord instruct you to follow my comments in nairaland abi?
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by ejanla077: 10:51am On Mar 19, 2020
jacoik:
I don't really understand you bro, do you mean that those rivers you mentioned is bigger than onitsha river and also Julius Berger has been working in that environment for long and they move big vasels through the river. Do you mean that the kind of ship that barge in Lagos can't do likewise in onitsha after dredging?

River Niger do not have direct link to the Atlantic ocean rather it broke up into the smaller rivers i mentioned.

River niger drag silt(sandstone) while flowing,, the deposited sands now made the rivers shallow for big vessels..

The forcadoes river has been blocked totally form ocean vessels since 1920s vessels stippedd passing thr..

The federal government had to dredge and widen the escravoes river before ships could access onne and warri port.

The federal government likewise should dredge the forcadoes and widen the river, then they should dredge the river Niger which is obviously not gonna happen because if its gonna happen they wont have started the second Niger bridge.
As it stands now the only logical option if they want fully operational port in Anambra is to move the port to the other side of the bridge. Except they will remove the bridge wen they re ready

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by johnpablo541(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2020
Anambralstson:

How is it misleading that I show barges with cargos? Once the port is concessionalize and place as port of final destination, that how cargo barges will be bringing containers to the Port from nearby ports close to the sea, until it fully dredged, Julius Berger has been making use of Onitsha port bringing their cargoes for second niger bridge.

Below is Onitsha port complex and some of the containers JB brought, when they were about to start second niger bridge project, I took the pictures myself and they are still using the port, their construction yard is actually located inside Onitsha port complex, Julius Berger once had meeting with Southeast business community in Nnewi informed them they can assist them to bring In their cargos from any part of the world only if FG will place Onitsha port as port of final destination

You took the pictures i quoted yourself? Or you downloaded them from the internet ? I mean the pictures of barges with cargoes.
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:01am On Mar 19, 2020
teresades:

Lols, have you finished claiming Igbo? It's only ignorant people that can't see through you guys antics here.
I knew he was not Igbo. grin
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Irore: 11:09am On Mar 19, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Lol, better than u that have empty skull with only some parts having saw dust..counter argument na tantrums u de throw...so empty of u

River Niger will never be used as a port, it doesn't qualify

I think those pronouncements above by the Federal govt settles this squabble besides it is not a matter of river Niger qualifying but qualifying river Niger if chosen.
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Smartwave: 11:11am On Mar 19, 2020
Anambralstson:

Outside Lagos built by all
Every other states in West trying to compete with Anambra, imagine this Dodomayana also trying to compare Ondo that's on life line with Itshekiri oil, a state that can't compete with Nnewi in industrialization and commerce grin grin waiting Musa no go see for gate
and yet Anambra citizens cannot stay and do business at home. They must run to North and West to survive.
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Smartwave: 11:21am On Mar 19, 2020
Anambralstson:

All these containers had been there for long ooo, they where drop by trucks, guy we dey Onisha ooo. Try other lie. The truth is southeast is totally neglected by FG.
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Anambralstson: 11:32am On Mar 19, 2020
Smartwave:
All these containers had been there for long ooo, they where drop by trucks, guy we dey Onisha ooo. Try other lie. The truth is southeast is totally neglected by FG.
I'm not a layman on this, I know better than you, most of you swim in ignorance
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Anambralstson: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Smartwave:
and yet Anambra citizens cannot stay and do business at home. They must run to North and West to survive.
Anambra host the biggest market in Nigeria and host large numbers of importers

1 Like

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Anambralstson: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2020
johnpablo541:

You took the pictures i quoted yourself? Or you downloaded them from the internet ? I mean the pictures of barges with cargoes.
I can see its hard for you to comprehend, go back and read my post
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by mu2sa2: 11:50am On Mar 19, 2020
Ayo8:
Who will sail a river barge laden with million $$ goods through the dangerous creeks of niger-delta..??
Nd has huge economic potential, but the level of criminality there is beyond imagination..
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by ejanla077: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2020
Smartwave:

They noticed you guys re gullible, they come to ur place take ur money and go invest in the south east
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by johnpablo541(m): 11:51am On Mar 19, 2020
Anambralstson:

I can see its hard for you to comprehend, go back and read my post

I asked a very simple question that requires a YES or NO answer.

1 Like

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by ejanla077: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2020
pasol4real:

The guy has shown u repeatedly, pictures of vessels using the onitsha port, yet you keep talking trash.

Those pictures he posted re not from Onitsha d guy posted it to show the guy dat such badge can be put to good use im d Niger route
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by ejanla077: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2020
pasol4real:

Those pictures he posted re not from Onitsha d guy posted it to show the guy dat such badge can be put to good use im d Niger route

johnpablo541:

Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Anambralstson: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2020
ejanla077:

River Niger do not have direct link to the Atlantic ocean rather it broke up into the smaller rivers i mentioned.

River niger drag silt(sandstone) while flowing,, the deposited sands now made the rivers shallow for big vessels..

The forcadoes river has been blocked totally form ocean vessels since 1920s vessels stippedd passing thr..

The federal government had to dredge and widen the escravoes river before ships could access onne and warri port.

The federal government likewise should dredge the forcadoes and widen the river, then they should dredge the river Niger which is obviously not gonna happen because if its gonna happen they wont have started the second Niger bridge.
As it stands now the only logical option if they want fully operational port in Anambra is to move the port to the other side of the bridge. Except they will remove the bridge wen they re ready

Throwback, take your time and read this report.

The Anambra State Shippers Association has called on the Federal Government to gazette Onitsha River-Port as final destination for container goods coming into the country.

This was just as the association commended the government for making Warri Seaport functional as wharf of final destination for cargo goods.

The President of the association, Mr. Emma Akpaka, made the call at the weekend, in Onitsha, while speaking with newsmen on the recent move by the association to adopt Warri wharf as destination for all its container goods.

He noted that Warri Port was cut off from cargo transportation for about 10 years on flimsy excuses, as if deposits of many natural resources in Nigeria were a divine mistake.

“When the news filtered in that it has opened for business, shippers doubted it until Julius Berger Services Nig. Ltd assembled importers/exporters on August 5 in Onitsha and August 6 in Nnewi, to confirm the good news.

“Another spice to the business in Warri wharf is that Julius Berger Services has floated vessels that carry containers from any location in the world to Warri Port at cheaper rate.

“Anambra shippers received this information with skepticism until Mr. Thilo Ackermann, the General Manager of the company, took enough time to convince shippers that the company ventured into shipping after a solid foundation that equally considered the reputation of the mother company.”
He said it was excitement galore as shippers in the state heaved a sigh of relief that henceforth, their containers will come through Warri Port faster and cheaper.

The shippers’ boss said his association decided to work in Warri Port because of its proximity to Onitsha and Nnewi, the commercial and industrial hubs of the South-East respectively.

However, he urged that the Customs and other relevant agencies should be transparent and avoid, “strange and frustrating rules that breed suspicion.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/onitsha-port-anambra-shippers-task-fg/
Re: NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) by Anambralstson: 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
johnpablo541:

These are cargo barges, and only means to convey containers to Onitsha port until River Niger is dredge to contain bigger vessel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian National Symbols / Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring / Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.